Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Latest injury news from the media

Read 10355 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Latest injury news from the media
      Aug 15, 2011 11:51:27 pm
      Steven Gerrard to begin light training at Liverpool

• Competitive comeback still scheduled for mid-September
      • Fábio Aurélio injured again but Martin Skrtel close to return

Andy Hunter
      Monday 15 August 2011

Steven Gerrard will return to light training with Liverpool this week as the club captain continues his recovery from the infection that ruined his start to the new Premier League season.

The Liverpool midfielder has not featured for Kenny Dalglish's team since March due to groin surgery and his scheduled return in August was postponed when he suffered an infection related to the operation. Gerrard was released from hospital almost a fortnight ago and has been granted permission to resume light training. "Stevie will be stepping up his recovery this week," Dalglish said.

Liverpool have not, however, revised Gerrard's comeback date of mid-September and the 31-year-old is expected to miss England's European Championship qualifiers against Bulgaria and Wales at the start of next month.

Martin Skrtel will also return to training at Melwood this week as he recovers from a calf injury suffered in pre-season, but the luckless Fábio Aurélio is facing another extended period on the sidelines having damaged his achilles tendon in training on Friday. Liverpool have yet to discover the full extent of the injury-prone defender's problem.

Aurélio's untimely absence forced Dalglish to hand an immediate Liverpool debut to José Enrique against Sunderland on Saturday, despite the Spanish left-back completing a £6m move from Newcastle United only 24 hours earlier.

José Enrique enjoyed an assured start to his Liverpool career and said Andy Carroll, his former Newcastle team-mate and now Anfield colleague, will justify his £35m price-tag now he has overcome the thigh and knee injuries that interrupted his debut season on Merseyside.

"Andy was brilliant for us at Newcastle and I am sure he will be the same for Liverpool," José Enrique said. "He is a very, very good player. When a club like Liverpool pays £35m for Andy, I know it is not by chance. It is because they think he is a good player.

"I watched him play last season and I knew he wasn't fit here. I don't care if the player is Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, if a player is not fit, then he cannot play properly. He is playing very well in his position and he is going to be an important player this season."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/15/steven-gerrard-return-to-training

Edit: Title amended - no opinion with articles from the media
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2011 10:24:21 pm by redkenny »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Injury report
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2011 11:55:44 pm
      Mac_Red, you've been beaten to it!  Already been posted by LFC Viking in the Stevie G and Fabio player threads.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2011 11:59:16 pm
      Mac_Red, you've been beaten to it!  Already been posted by LFC Viking in the Stevie G and Fabio player threads.

Ah let him be, it's not easy keeping up an 18/day post count with any kind of consistency.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2011 11:59:32 pm
      Mac_Red, you've been beaten to it!  Already been posted by LFC Viking in the Stevie G and Fabio player threads.

He's going to be an aggravated aggregator. :D
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Aug 16, 2011 12:01:29 am

Well, it is not really a competition ... And I think that the main board could use a designated injury news thread ...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: Aug 16, 2011 12:02:57 am
      Well, it is not really a competition ... And I think that the main board could use a designated injury news thread ...

it'll be a waste as we'll, more than likely, get duplicate posts in the player threads.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #6: Aug 16, 2011 12:03:27 am

True, but injuries affecting our players are generally commented on in the player threads.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Aug 16, 2011 12:04:25 am
      Ah let him be, it's not easy keeping up an 18/day post count with any kind of consistency.

Especially with several bans :lmao:

On topic... sad for Fabio, pleased for Stevie and Martin - and thank god for Enrique :)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2011 12:13:19 am
      it'll be a waste as we'll, more than likely, get duplicate posts in the player threads.

Not every poster goes through every players' thread ...

Lets try an see how will this thread work ... Personally, I intend to post only injury news from reliable sources here ...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Aug 16, 2011 12:22:34 am
      Can we like organise this thread if you want an injury news thread?

Change the title to something like "injury and suspension list" and perhaps update the opening post to the list of every player who's injured or suspended.

Not scroll through pages and pages of updates, just have a clear list which tells me?
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Aug 16, 2011 12:25:58 am
      Can we like organise this thread if you want an injury news thread?

Change the title to something like "injury and suspension list" and perhaps update the opening post to the list of every player who's injured or suspended.

Not scroll through pages and pages of updates, just have a clear list which tells me?

The offal had a page dedicated to that last year,  was going to post the link, but I can't find it now?
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2011 01:15:55 am
      Rumours on twitter is that Aurelio has torn a tendon in his ankle, 3-4 months out.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #12: Aug 16, 2011 01:18:47 am
      personally i like a designated injury thread.

One of the few times that I appreciate a Mac Red topic or post!

Easy tiger..its a joke.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2011 01:21:56 am
      This is a fair guideline:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Helps with fantasy leagues as well ;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #14: Aug 16, 2011 01:30:38 am
      The offal had a page dedicated to that last year,  was going to post the link, but I can't find it now?
      It was closed couple of weeks ago ...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team/injuries-and-suspensions-closed
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2011 12:14:25 am

Kenny on Raul

25th Aug 2011

Liverpool were forced to make an early substitution when Carroll came on for the injured Raul Meireles on 23 minutes.

Asked about news of the No.4, Dalglish said: "It's his collarbone but we don't know how long he'll be out. I think we are going to be without him for a couple of weeks.

"I've not got a medical term for it. He just damaged his collarbone. He just fell on it. It's disappointing.

"It doesn't matter if he's been playing good, bad or indifferent, it's still disappointing to pick up such an innocuous thing. We are disappointed. But I'm sure Raul is the most disappointed person."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-on-raul-andy-and-exeter
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2011 12:22:51 am
      The good news is the injury should kill off any chance of Meireles going to Chelsea in a late deal.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2011 12:24:07 am
      Looked absolutely gutted when he went off, hardly wanted to speak to the medical staff  :-\
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2011 12:37:22 am
      Looked absolutely gutted when he went off, hardly wanted to speak to the medical staff  :-\

He did didn't he, he barely looked injured though, must have just fell awkward on it, shame, but its s good job we've got a big squad to cope with the loss of players like Raul.

Hope he gets better soon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2011 11:23:12 am
      The good news is the injury should kill off any chance of Meireles going to Chelsea in a late deal.

Hmm. Are these two points connected?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2011 12:18:36 pm
      Have to admit that popped in my head when I first saw his reaction
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2011 12:44:20 pm

Wouldn't read too much into it personally. Most players seem a bit gutted when they get a bad injury like that.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2011 01:09:03 pm
      Not every poster goes through every players' thread ...

Lets try an see how will this thread work ... Personally, I intend to post only injury news from reliable sources here ...

Im with you on this - a thread on the main board for a one stop shop on all current players and where they are on their rehab is a good idea.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #23: Aug 25, 2011 03:08:43 pm

He showed alot of arrogance and contempt towards the medical staff who were only trying to do their job.

The way he sustained that injury is bloody embarrassing an absolute powder puff.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #24: Aug 25, 2011 03:12:00 pm
      He showed alot of arrogance and contempt towards the medical staff who were only trying to do their job.

The way he sustained that injury is bloody embarrassing an absolute powder puff.

I disagree - when you get a sickener like that (and collarbone IS a sickener) most times the last thing you want is someone touching you.
      5 mins to calm down, get his head sorted and everything is fine.

Also, anyone can fall awkwardly.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Aug 25, 2011 03:16:27 pm
      Hahah a sickener?

For fucks sake Raul was so much closer to the ball he though he had time to chip it over his foot, when he should have put his foot through it getting the ball and the F***ing player. Nothing too awkward about that fall you ever watched a game of rugby league, union even?

When you are in extreme pain the first thing you want is proffesional help and someone that knows what they are doing touching you. Personal experience Ive had my leg fractured.

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #26: Aug 25, 2011 03:24:44 pm
      I was tipping Raul to play in the Bolton game on the weekend and its a shame really, but after last nights performance i would deffo put Spearing in the side. He was emence last night, allways calling for the ball and trying to create playing good passes and not hoofing it up towards Carroll. He has carried on from where he left off at the end of last season. Keep it up Jay.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2011 10:35:35 am

Meireles ruled out of Bolton clash

Published 09:31 26/08/11

Liverpool will be without midfielder Raul Meireles for tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash with Bolton at Anfield.

Meireles suffered a collarbone injury in the Reds' Carling Cup second-round victory at Exeter on Wednesday and manager Kenny Dalglish expects him to be sidelined for a few weeks.

Dalglish will check on the condition of Glen Johnson (hamstring), while Steven Gerrard (groin) is still working his way back to fitness.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Team-news-Liverpool-Bolton-Raul-Mereiles-out-article790945.html
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #28: Aug 26, 2011 12:03:35 pm

Meireles injury update

26th Aug 2011

Raul Meireles will be missing for one to two weeks with an injury to his collar bone.

The Portuguese midfielder left the field during the first half of our 3-1 win over Exeter on Wednesday.

The prognosis comes as welcome news as it was initially feared Meireles would be absent for several weeks.

Kenny Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It's his collar bone that is damaged, but it's only a week or two. We've been quite fortunate with that. A week or two will be the maximum."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/meireles-injury-update
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #29: Aug 26, 2011 12:14:23 pm
      Hahah a sickener?

For fucks sake Raul was so much closer to the ball he though he had time to chip it over his foot, when he should have put his foot through it getting the ball and the F***ing player. Nothing too awkward about that fall you ever watched a game of rugby league, union even?

When you are in extreme pain the first thing you want is proffesional help and someone that knows what they are doing touching you. Personal experience Ive had my leg fractured.

I think you missed the point

I wasn't talking about his "tackle" which we all know he doesn't do very well, I was talking about the awkward landing.

Also, a sickener like that is much like getting badly winded, and nothing like a serious injury - it's one of those times when you say "give me a minute"

If you're really trying to compare guys with huge shoulders who wear padding and spend much of their time on the ground to football players, then there's no point discussing further.

You said Raul was extremely disrespectfull to the medical team - I disagree.

It looks like we've been lucky with the extent of the injury and his collarbone isn't broken :)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #30: Aug 26, 2011 12:15:05 pm
      I wasn't talking about his "tackle"

ooer missus...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: Aug 26, 2011 12:21:58 pm
      1-2 weeks is better than a few weeks and then there's international break  :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Aug 26, 2011 06:20:29 pm
      Lmao, he has injured his collarbone, so he is legitimately injured, and will be out for a few weeks.

Can't really see how he can be blamed for anything really, players get injured all the time, Raul should be allowed to as well without having his character questioned.

Not as if he is like Agger and injured every other game...  :f_whistle:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #33: Aug 26, 2011 06:54:49 pm
      Leave the Danish Harry Kewell alone :P
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: Aug 26, 2011 07:52:17 pm
      Leave the Danish Harry Kewell alone :P

True, best be careful with what I say or he might miss another month with a bruised ego ;)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #35: Aug 26, 2011 07:57:56 pm
      True, best be careful with what I say or he might miss another month with a bruised ego ;)

:lmao:
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2011 07:53:33 pm
      Martin Kelly update:

Richard__Buxton Richard Buxton
      Dalglish revealed in post-match that Martin Kelly went off w/ 'tight hamstring'. Will be assessed on Monday. Still no update on Coates #LFC
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #37: Sep 04, 2011 04:42:24 pm

Stevie: I'm fitter than ever

3rd Sep 2011

Steven Gerrard insists he feels 'fitter, stronger and hungrier than ever' as he nears his Anfield comeback.

The skipper has not featured since March because of a groin injury which required surgery - and has played just six games in total during Kenny Dalglish's second reign.

But after an intense period of rehabilitation which saw Liverpool physios work with him throughout the summer, the 31-year-old is eager to get back into his No.8 shirt.

He believes this could happen as early as when we travel to Tottenham on September 18.

"I feel really good and I'm back kicking balls again - it's all positive," said Gerrard. "I should be back in full training with the team on Thursday or Friday of next week.

"I won't be involved against Stoke next Saturday but my plan is to hopefully be involved in the game against Tottenham. It will be Kenny's decision when I come back in.

"I need to get some full training with the team under my belt and I'll have a better idea of my fitness condition when I play in a practice match which is being arranged.

"At the moment it's all good and I'm itching to get back. In fact it's worse than itching, my stomach is turning.

"It's been a tough five months for me since I had the surgery. It's been up and down emotionally and I've missed playing so much.

"I've had a good rest, I'm fired up and I'm raring to go again. I know I'm going to come back fitter, stronger and hungrier than ever."

Gerrard's recuperation was stalled during pre-season with news that he had acquired an infection.

"I basically had career-saving surgery and it's gone really well," he added.

"I was at the stage where I was outside running again but getting some discomfort from around my pelvis. It was really frustrating because we couldn't work out what the pain was. When blood tests revealed I had an infection it was fantastic news.

"It was strange because I wasn't ill and usually when you get these types of infections you are in bed sick. Intravenous antibiotics cleared it up and I've been pain free for four weeks now.

"Since coming out of hospital my rehab has gone really well. I'm really happy and positive again. My groin is as strong as it's ever been.

"It's not just what doctors and physios are telling me - the stats are there to prove it.

"My groin is tested when I'm working and the physios collect data. My groin scores now are better than before I even started feeling my groin.

"My groin has been fixed and is as strong as ever. What I've done over the past four weeks tells me that's the case and I've got total confidence in it.

"I'm in good shape and feel better than ever. My body weight, fat levels and upper body strength are all good.

"But it will take time for people to see me out playing again and playing well for them to believe what I'm saying in this interview."

During a week-long stay in hospital last month to have treatment for his infection, Gerrard's bosses were quick to offer their support.

"The support I received in hospital meant a lot to me," he said. "The owners, Damien Comolli, Kenny Dalglish and the players all came in to see me.

"After having a bit of a setback that really picked me up.

"The motivation for me is to captain this team to a successful season. I'm looking to come in, strengthen the squad and push on with the lads to hopefully have a good year.

"I've had a good rest. Of course I didn't want that rest but I'm sure it will help me because I've played non-stop football since I was a young lad."

A theory among onlookers is that a player who covered every blade of grass to dominate games during his 20s may have to adapt now he has reached his 30s.

"That's the way I see it when I'm 35 or 36 but I'm only 31," said Gerrard, who signed professional terms with Liverpool in 1997 and has gone on to make 556 appearances to date.

"There will be no reinvention. I'll come back the same player as I was. I still feel I've four or five years at the highest level."

Meanwhile, Gerrard has paid tribute to the physios and doctors who have helped him over the last six months, including those who travelled to and from his holiday home in Portugal to provide treatment.

"They have been unbelievable," he said. "Doctor Zaf (Iqbal) has been either with me or on the phone every day over the past five months.

"Chris Morgan has basically run my whole rehab along with Rob Price. I owe a lot to those three but especially Chris.

"He's a young physio who is considered maybe the fourth physio here but for me he's the best injury rehab physio we have.

"I've worked with many physios over the years at this club and at England level and he's the best I've ever had to do major rehabs with. He's done fantastically well and deserves a lot of credit for the shape he has got me in.

"Chris has been with me since the day of the operation in April. He's been to every hospital to see every doctor and hear every opinion.

"When I've had small setbacks I've been on the phone to him at 1am or 2am. The last five months have been a rollercoaster but he's been there for me and has helped get me through it.

"In the last few weeks the fitness coaches Darren Burgess and Jordan Milsom have done my outside work but I shouldn't really thank them because they have run me into the ground! Seriously, the plan they have had for me has been brilliant."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/stevie-i-m-fitter-than-ever
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #38: Sep 04, 2011 05:38:18 pm
      Career saving, yikes. Didn't want to admit to myself that it was that serious.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #39: Sep 04, 2011 10:50:16 pm

Scotland suffer Adam blow
      Liverpool midfielder latest withdrawal for Lithuania clash

Last Updated: September 4, 2011 10:21pm

Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam has pulled out of Tuesday's Euro 2012 qualifier against Lithuania due to a hip injury, the Scottish Football Association have announced.

Adam picked up the knock during Saturday's 2-2 draw with the Czech Republic at Hampden Park and was forced off the pitch in the 79th minute.

The SFA confirmed that Adam would be absent from Tuesday's clash on their Twitter page late on Sunday, posting: "Charlie Adam definitely out".

His absence further depletes Craig Levein's squad, which has been ravaged by injury and suspensions.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7151339,00.html
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #40: Sep 05, 2011 12:08:15 am
      Hope he is okay.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #41: Sep 05, 2011 02:35:23 pm

Kelly targets injury return

5th Sep 2011

Martin Kelly has targetted a swift comeback from the hamstring injury he sustained against Bolton – and is confident the fitness problems which have affected him this year will soon be a thing of the past.

The right-back was forced from the field after half an hour of our 3-1 win against the Trotters but is now eyeing a return to full training.

"We had a scan and it was good news - it was only a slight strain," Kelly told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I'll build up training this week."

Kelly was among the standout performers for Liverpool following Kenny Dalglish's return to the club in January, but his season ended with a hamstring tear acquired at Upton Park on February 27.

It looked as though his time in the treatment room was over until this latest set-back, which followed praise from England boss Fabio Capello for his performance against Arsenal.

Despite the disruption to his rapid progress, Kelly is confident the fitness problems will not become a recurring theme.

"I was disappointed because obviously the England manager had talked about me but I know if I keep working hard my time will come," said the 21-year-old.

"The first thing I thought was, 'Can I carry on?' We tried a few exercises on the side but I don't think it was worth it. I could have maybe played on but (it was important to) get it right, with the history of hamstring trouble I had last season.

"I've done quite a lot of work over the last six months. Touch wood this will be the last.

"It's all part of football. You're going to get injuries. This is just a slight injury - no more than two weeks. It should be fine after that, injuries won't trouble me. It's just an unlucky time in the game for me."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kelly-targets-injury-return
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #42: Sep 05, 2011 02:48:30 pm
      Good news, hope he is back soon :)
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #43: Sep 05, 2011 08:20:55 pm
      Watta 'bout OUR SKIPPER???

We need VERY BAD our Stevie G.! Don't care if he'll be good as he was - Stevie G. is like a WARLORD. Any army needs their LEADER, even if he's seating on a chair and not riding a war-horse!
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #44: Sep 05, 2011 08:30:10 pm
      Has anyone heard anything about Glen? There seems to be no news about him at all.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #45: Sep 05, 2011 11:36:32 pm
      Has anyone heard anything about Glen? There seems to be no news about him at all.
      I was wondering this...
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #46: Sep 07, 2011 02:50:06 am
      So, most of our lads come out of the internationals unscathed. Charlie is the only casualty eh? But, I have a gut feeling that he will be alright on Saturday.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Sep 08, 2011 11:44:07 am
      To briefly sum up: Adam should be available against Stoke, Glen back in full training, Stevie getting closer and progressing well.

Adam, Glen and Gerrard latest
      8th Sep 2011 - Latest News

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he has no fresh injury worries ahead of Liverpool's trip to Stoke City this weekend as he confirmed Steven Gerrard continues to make good progress in his recovery.

The boss expects to have Charlie Adam available for selection at the Britannia Stadium after the midfielder was ruled out of Scotland's Euro 2012 qualifier with Lithuania.

Meanwhile, Glen Johnson has resumed full training following a thigh problem.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "I think we've been pretty fortunate. There doesn't appear to have been anybody come back (from international duty) with any injuries.

"Glen Johnson is training alongside us again now, and Steven is getting closer everyday, so everything on the injury front seems to be pretty positive for us at the moment.

"Charlie should be alright for the game. I think it was right what Craig Levein (Scotland manager) did in not playing him on Tuesday.

"To get him back was commendable of Craig Levein."

Quizzed by journalists for further information on Gerrard, who hasn't figured since March due to a groin problem, Dalglish added: "He's not far away.

"When Steven is ready to come back it will be a fantastic boost for everybody. The transfer window is shut, so for us it will be a real bonus because it will be like a new player coming back.

"As he said himself in an interview on Saturday, everything feels really strong, fresh and he's happy with where he's got to and what he's done - and we're delighted for him.

"He deserves a break from injuries and he'll be welcomed back with open arms."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/adam-glen-and-gerrard-latest
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #48: Sep 08, 2011 06:49:50 pm
      Finally some news about Glen! All I've heard about him lately is off of his tweets and those are mostly about him sitting on the couch watching the tube  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Sep 09, 2011 05:02:29 pm
      Good news all round. Hope Charlie is fit and plays.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #50: Sep 11, 2011 01:05:38 am

Glen Johnson has confirmed on Twitter that he has injured his hamstring again today ...

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #51: Sep 16, 2011 09:27:17 pm

Glen Johnson injury update

16th Sep 2011

Kenny Dalglish has revealed that Liverpool are still awaiting news on Glen Johnson's injury.

The Reds defender damaged his hamstring in the dying embers of the defeat at Stoke but the boss admitted there was still nothing to report regarding the extent of the problem.

Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We haven't had the results back on Glen so we will just have to wait and see. I don't think there is anything conclusive that is going to help us too much. I'm sure he'll go for further tests and then we can reassess it and see what it is."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/glen-johnson-injury-update
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #52: Sep 20, 2011 04:25:28 pm

Kenny on Agger

20th Sep 2011

The boss revealed he will be without the services of Daniel Agger at the Amex Stadium after the Danish defender was forced off at Tottenham on Sunday.

"Daniel has got a fractured rib, so he's struggling a bit," said Dalglish.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-on-cup-tie-and-agger
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #53: Sep 20, 2011 05:21:03 pm
      Agger's agent Per Steffensen told sporten.tv2.dk: "It's the worst possible news. He has broken two ribs, and he must keep still for four weeks." "Daniel is way down now and I certainly sympathise with him. He will miss the two [international] matches against Cyprus and Portugal and there is a match against Manchester United he also misses. It's insanely annoying."
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Sep 20, 2011 08:24:27 pm
      Agger's agent Per Steffensen told sporten.tv2.dk: "It's the worst possible news. He has broken two ribs, and he must keep still for four weeks." "Daniel is way down now and I certainly sympathise with him. He will miss the two [international] matches against Cyprus and Portugal and there is a match against Manchester United he also misses. It's insanely annoying."

Poor Dan...he must be absolutely gutted, knew it was all going to well for him  :(
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #55: Sep 20, 2011 08:52:27 pm
      Anyone know whether Aurelio and Kelly will be fit for the game tomorrow?  A fit Aurelio could be very big for us this season.  He is a classy player, and if used sparingly could be a very good asset for us.  Same goes for Kelly.... I really hope he can shake off the recent injury problems and get a good run of games under his belt this year!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #56: Sep 21, 2011 08:04:35 am
      Desperately unlucky Danny.

But fair play for playing for 20 minutes with two broken ribs.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #57: Sep 21, 2011 10:15:11 am
      Gutted for him, hope he doesnt sneeze for a few days as well. Painful
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #58: Sep 21, 2011 10:20:27 am
      Gutted. I wondered if it was broken ribs at the time because of the way he was holding them.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #59: Sep 21, 2011 12:19:40 pm
      Pleased, in a way, because at the time I thought it might have been a recurrence of his back injury.

At least this isn't related to any previous problems, and should therefore leave him fully fit again once healed.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #60: Sep 22, 2011 02:27:18 pm

KD on Agger, Fabio and Glen

22nd Sep 2011

Kenny Dalglish today revealed that Liverpool have received a double injury boost - but admitted that Daniel Agger has been ruled out for 'a few weeks'.

The Reds have welcomed both Fabio Aurelio and Glen Johnson back onto the training pitch, leaving the Denmark international as the only casualty on the Melwood treatment table.

Speaking about his squad's fitness ahead of Wolves on Saturday, Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "He has a fractured rib. There are varying lengths of time for people to get back from an injury like that.

"We'll just let it heal and take it as it comes. He'll certainly not be fit for a few weeks."

He added: "Fabio is back in training and Glen Johnson started light training. Everybody else is fit which is good for us."

The sight of Steven Gerrard returning to action in Wednesday's Carling Cup success at Brighton provided everyone at the club with a huge lift.

Dalglish reiterated his delight that the No.8 is finally back in a red shirt and is eager to ensure that remains the case for the remainder of the campaign.

He said: "We won't be anymore careful, professional or intelligent than we have been.

"I think we were asked most of the things about Steven last night (Wednesday) and we'll say exactly the same again now.

"He's done fantastic coming back and it's great for the whole club that he is back. The most important person in all of it is Steven himself.

"It's great to see him back. He's missed an awful lot of football through injury, so he's done brilliant to get where he is.

"We can look forward to him getting even fitter. There will be no timescale or programme. We'll just take it as it comes.

"He's the captain and the talisman of the football club. He's played around 20 minutes for us and he's on his way back. We're absolutely delighted for him."

Asked how he would feel if England called up Gerrard for the forthcoming Euro 2012 qualifier with Montenegro, Dalglish added: "I don't pick England's team. Whatever they have to do, they have to do. I just hope they are as intelligent as what we have been."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kd-on-agger-fabio-and-glen
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #61: Sep 22, 2011 11:32:12 pm
      Glad to see Aurelio & Johnson back training.

Hope Agger recovers soon.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #62: Sep 23, 2011 05:24:31 am
      If there are players like Aurelio ( a fantastic player by the way) who are always injured ala Mr Glass, who are the 'Unbreakable' ones. We need some of those, as long as they're not crap.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #63: Sep 23, 2011 06:08:06 am
      incidentally who's "the glass man" they refer to when they say Fabio is "our very own version", is it Robben?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #64: Sep 23, 2011 03:52:15 pm
      incidentally who's "the glass man" they refer to when they say Fabio is "our very own version", is it Robben?

Mr Glass was a character from the hugely underated film, Unbreakable, starring Bruce Willis.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2011 06:52:12 pm
      Unbreakable was terrible! But yes, that's where the reference comes from. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #66: Sep 29, 2011 09:20:48 am

Liverpool FC right-back Glen Johnson ruled out of Saturday's Merseyside derby

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Sep 29 2011

Boss Kenny Dalglish revealed last week that the defender had started light training following a hamstring injury but the trip to Goodison has come too soon for the England international.

In his absence Martin Kelly to set to continue at right-back against "The Chosen One"’ side.

Johnson, who has endured a frustrating start to the campaign, sat out the opening four games after limping off in the final friendly against Valencia.

He returned as a substitute in the defeat at Stoke three weeks ago but aggravated his hamstring and has been sidelined for the last three matches.

The £17.5million man will also miss England’s final Euro 2012 qualifier in Montenegro but is targeting the Reds’ home clash with Manchester United on October 15 as his comeback.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/09/29/liverpool-fc-right-back-glen-johnson-ruled-out-of-saturday-s-merseyside-derby-100252-29506101/
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #67: Sep 29, 2011 09:25:04 am
      Good that he's missing the England match, don't need him playing that when not fully fit and getting injured again
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #68: Sep 29, 2011 10:36:37 am
      I can appreciate Stevies passion for playing for his country,but i just wish he would call it a day internationally and therefore reduce the chances of picking up a injury, great that Fabio and Glen are back training, hope Daniel comes back real soon too.

IKWT  YNWA
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #69: Sep 29, 2011 11:38:33 pm

Melwood injury update

29th Sep 2011

Kenny Dalglish today confirmed Daniel Agger has resumed training following injury.

The Denmark centre-back sustained a fractured rib in the defeat at Tottenham Hotspur on September 18, but trained alongside his teammates at Melwood on Thursday ahead of the weekend clash with Everton.

Dalglish also revealed Glen Johnson is edging closer to a first-team return after a hamstring problem.

The boss told his pre-match press conference: "Daniel Agger is back training today and Glen Johnson is on his way as well.

"Everybody else has trained fully."

Meanwhile, journalists asked Dalglish whether the fact Saturday's game is a Merseyside derby at Goodison Park made it more tempting to hand Steven Gerrard a first start of the 2011-12 season.

He replied: "No. The game is not the important thing - Steven Gerrard is more important. As we've said before, we'll manage Steven as well as we possibly can."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/melwood-injury-update
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #70: Oct 07, 2011 11:12:05 pm

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson hopes to face Man Utd

Friday, 7 October 2011 19:16 UK

Glen Johnson is hoping to face Manchester United next weekend after returning to training with Liverpool.

Johnson has endured a frustrating start to the season which has restricted him to just nine minutes of action.

The England defender has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury but has returned to training ahead of United's visit on 15 October.

"I'm working hard and it would be nice to be back in the squad for the Man United game," said Johnson.

Johnson's only appearance this season was as a substitute towards the end of the 1-0 defeat to Stoke on 10 September.

The 27-year-old former Chelsea and Portsmouth player missed the start of the season with a thigh problem he picked up in a friendly against Valencia.

He returned to fitness last month but suffered a hamstring injury against Stoke, and has not played since.

But the full-back is now targeting a return when United visit Anfield.

"Hopefully I can make the bench anyway, so fingers crossed," added Johnson.

"I'm feeling good at the moment and I've been doing plenty of running.

"I've just started doing ball work outside in training so I reckon it won't be too long now."

Steven Gerrard could also make his first start for seven months against United.

Gerrard, who underwent groin surgery after helping Liverpool defeat United 3-1 at Anfield in March, has made three substitute appearances since returning to training.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15222324.stm
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #71: Oct 07, 2011 11:15:05 pm

Martin Kelly returns from England Under-21 duty so Liverpool FC can monitor groin injury

By Neil Jones
      Oct 7 2011

LIVERPOOL defender Martin Kelly has been sent home from England Under-21 duty through injury.

The 21-year-old played 90 minutes for Stuart Pearce's side on Thursday night as they defeated Iceland 3-0 in a Euro 2013 qualifier in Rekjavik, but complained of a tightness in his groin afterwards.

He has returned to Liverpool as a precautionary measure, and will miss England's trip to Drammen to play Norway on Monday evening.

Kelly has been troubled by injuries since breaking into the Reds' first team in 2009.

Having missed the back-end of last season through a hamstring problem, he has recently returned to action, impressing with his all-action displays at right-back. He will be assessed by the Reds medical staff ahead of next weekend's clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/07/martin-kelly-returns-from-england-under-21-duty-so-liverpool-fc-can-monitor-groin-injury-100252-29557702/
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #72: Oct 08, 2011 07:33:07 am
      Martin Kelly returns from England Under-21 duty so Liverpool FC can monitor groin injury

By Neil Jones
      Oct 7 2011

LIVERPOOL defender Martin Kelly has been sent home from England Under-21 duty through injury.

The 21-year-old played 90 minutes for Stuart Pearce's side on Thursday night as they defeated Iceland 3-0 in a Euro 2013 qualifier in Rekjavik, but complained of a tightness in his groin afterwards.

He has returned to Liverpool as a precautionary measure, and will miss England's trip to Drammen to play Norway on Monday evening.

Kelly has been troubled by injuries since breaking into the Reds' first team in 2009.

Having missed the back-end of last season through a hamstring problem, he has recently returned to action, impressing with his all-action displays at right-back. He will be assessed by the Reds medical staff ahead of next weekend's clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/07/martin-kelly-returns-from-england-under-21-duty-so-liverpool-fc-can-monitor-groin-injury-100252-29557702/

just F***ing great and its not even the full england game
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #73: Oct 10, 2011 09:48:17 pm
      Steven Gerrard may start for Liverpool against Manchester United

• Liverpool captain in line for first start since March
      • Jordan Henderson vows to fight for Liverpool place

Andy Hunter
      Monday 10 October 2011

Steven Gerrard is in contention to make his first Liverpool start in seven months against Manchester United on Saturday as he continues his recovery from a groin injury.

The Liverpool captain has not started a competitive fixture since the 3-1 win over Sir Alex Ferguson's side at Anfield on 6 March, a contest that aggravated a persistent groin problem and left the 31-year-old requiring surgery.

Gerrard's scheduled return for the start of this season was delayed due to a virus connected to the operation but he has made three substitute appearances for Kenny Dalglish's team since 21 September and, having been omitted from the England squad who secured qualification for Euro 2012 against Montenegro last week, is pushing for a starting role against United.

Liverpool have handled the return of their influential captain carefully and were grateful that approach was reflected in Fabio Capello's selection policy against Montenegro. The extra fortnight's training has increased Gerrard's prospects of a return in the lunchtime game at Anfield, when Liverpool will be seeking a fourth successive home league victory over their great rivals.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/10/steven-gerrard-liverpool-manchester-united
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #74: Oct 12, 2011 04:04:19 am
      Just Lucas & Suarez to return safely now. Fingers crossed.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #75: Oct 13, 2011 07:30:46 pm

Kenny's clean bill of health for Utd

13th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he has a fully fit squad to select from against Manchester United this weekend.

The likes of Glen Johnson, Martin Kelly, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio are all back vying for places.

"Everybody's fine," the boss told reporters. "The three boys who came back from South America are all fine. It's only myself that's ill! I can't even get a game in a five-a-side.

"But it's only Thursday - we might get a couple (of injuries) tomorrow!"

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-s-clean-bill-of-health-for-utd
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #76: Oct 13, 2011 07:39:53 pm

13th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he has a fully fit squad to select from against Manchester United this weekend.

The likes of Glen Johnson, Martin Kelly, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio are all back vying for places.

"Everybody's fine," the boss told reporters. "The three boys who came back from South America are all fine. It's only myself that's ill! I can't even get a game in a five-a-side.

Thank god for that!!!  Now, if we can manage to keep our best players fit for a decent stretch, we might be able to make a good run up the table!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #77: Oct 13, 2011 07:44:55 pm

13th Oct 2011

Feels like an eternity we haven't had a fully fit squad!

Great news, not just for Saturday, but for the coming couple of months.

Be brilliant to have competition for places through the full season, leaving us full of energy for the run in.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #78: Oct 13, 2011 10:27:52 pm
      Best bit of news i have heard all day,a full fit squad. Poor Kenny will have a pain in his nuts trying to pick a team.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #79: Oct 17, 2011 12:44:40 am
      We finished the game against the mancs with a fit squad, no new injuries. Only player who will miss the next premier league game is Lucas because of the amount of yellow's he's got.

Feels great having a fresh, injury free squad.

Let's hope that some of the lads who haven't played much football recently get a good run out against Rangers and most importantly, come out injury free.

Doubt we'll see too many players play from Saturday's match.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #80: Oct 20, 2011 03:21:12 pm

Melwood injury update

20th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has reported just two injury concerns ahead of Saturday's clash at home to Norwich City.

The Reds boss revealed that back-up goalkeeper Alexander Doni is ruled out after damaging his finger in the friendly defeat at Rangers, while full-back Jack Robinson is also likely to be missing.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "We did have (a fully fit squad) but the goalkeeper hurt his finger. Jack Robinson has a sprain too. Up until the Rangers game we had a fully fit squad.

"Danny Wilson got a kick on the ankle too, but he's okay.

"Everybody else is fine."

Despite suffering a 1-0 loss against the Scottish champions, as well as the double injury blow, Dalglish believes the match at Ibrox was a worthwhile exercise for his squad.

He added: "It was useful in some aspects. We gave some of the lads coming back to fitness a game and that's quite important for us, it's better than training. I wouldn't say it was the best performance we have ever put in but we got some value out of it for some of the lads."

Steven Gerrard will aim to return to the line-up after being rested against Rangers and Dalglish has no qualms about starting the skipper in the clash with the Canaries following his man of the match display in the 1-1 draw with Manchester United.

Dalglish said: "Well he's fit enough to play for us and that's all that concerns us. As we've said many times before, we've waxed lyrical about Steven and what he's done for the club and rightly so. Obviously the more games you play, the fitter you will get.

"But he's certainly fit enough to be considered to play for us.

"We are absolutely delighted he is where he is. Even more so, that he came back last week and scored a goal. We just hope he gets a run now and a bit of luck."

The boss was also asked about comments made by Gerrard earlier this week, in which the No.8 spoke about the toll that six months on the sidelines had taken on him and the way the club had supported him during his recuperation.

He added: "We'll help everyone in the best way we can. Whether it's Steven or anyone else. We've got to manage everybody. Glen Johnson has had a tough time as well. He doesn't have the history and tradition that Steven has with the club, but he's still very important to us.

"We have helped Steven and everyone is delighted to be back. Hopefully we are helping Glen, Fabio Aurelio and anyone else who has been out."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/melwood-injury-update-1
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #81: Oct 20, 2011 03:48:42 pm
      Jack Robinson is out with a sprain, but we have Aurelio fit again, and Johno is capable of covering either fullback position so we should be ok. 

Quick question for you all..... with Robinson still so young, would you want us to keep Aurelio around for one more year if he can get and stay fit for the rest of this season?  Or, would you prefer to let him go at the end of this season, and have Robo step in as our #2 LB?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #82: Oct 21, 2011 03:16:09 am
      ^ I think this is a last season of Fabio at Liverpool FC.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #83: Oct 21, 2011 07:08:48 am
      Agree, and sadly unless Agger can stay fit for a sustained period, could be his too.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #84: Oct 21, 2011 03:13:44 pm
      Agree, and sadly unless Agger can stay fit for a sustained period, could be his too.

I agree with this sentiment about Agger, but not necessarily with Fabio.  While both seem to spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch, only one of them actually has any kind of sell on value for us at the moment - Agger.  Both players can still offer something to this club when fit, so if we can keep Fabio around for one more season just to provide squad depth and cover in case of an injury crisis, it will give us more time to properly ease Jack Robinson into the #2 LB spot.  Robo is still only 18 years old, and I think he needs to be gradually eased into the 1st team.  I also doubt that we are paying Aurelio silly money for wages, so I think it makes sense to keep him around for one more season provided he can stay fit for the majority of this year.  If he gets injured in training sessions, or if he gets injured in one of the handful of games that he will get this season, then we need to let him go at the end of the season. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #85: Oct 28, 2011 12:16:31 pm

Suarez fitness update

28th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has today revealed that he will leave it until the last minute to decide whether Luis Suarez will face West Brom on Saturday.

The striker picked up an ankle knock during the Carling Cup success at Stoke City and the boss admitted he has since undergone treatment at Melwood.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "He's had a bit of treatment so we'll see how he is. He's had a tough time recently, so we'll see how he is tomorrow."

Suarez's magnificent brace in the triumph over Tony Pulis's men had the boss struggling for superlatives during his post-Stoke press conference.

He admits he has been delighted by the former Ajax star's overall contribution since moving to Anfield and reckons he is proving to be a great ambassador for the Reds.

"I said it the other night, my vocabulary ran out within a week when the wee man came here," said Dalglish.

"He's been fantastic and the great thing him about him is that he is very unassuming as well.

"Everybody can see what he can do on the pitch. He's got no edge to him. He doesn't think he is better than anyone else and he's fantastic in and around the football club. He's a great ambassador for the club as well.

"So for us, as well as his football, the other things he brings to the club are important as well.

"If we do have someone else capable of doing that then we need to get him on the pitch as well, at the same time as the wee man.

"He's only been here since January and we are already running out of compliments to pay him. That in itself is a huge compliment I suppose."

Steven Gerrard was a notable absentee during the Carling Cup encounter in the Potteries but Dalglish was quick to rebuff any queries surrounding his fitness.

"It's just part of the course of sensibility, I think, with both him and Glen (Johnson)," said Dalglish. "There's nothing wrong. They both could have played if they had to play. It was our choice."

Asked if he had any other injury doubts for the showdown at the Hawthorns, Dalglish added: "More or less it's a full squad."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/suarez-fitness-update
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #86: Oct 29, 2011 09:00:48 pm

KD on Gerrard

29th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish is confident both Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher will return to action in the near future after the duo missed the 2-0 triumph at West Brom.

The Reds boss was quizzed about their omission from the squad at his post-match press conference at the Hawthorns and the Scot was quick to allay any fears over their long-term fitness.

Dalglish told reporters: "Carragher has a calf strain. Steven Gerrard has an infection in his ankle.

"Steven was in my mind for the game today but it just flared up. We are off tomorrow, so we'll have a more accurate idea on Monday or Tuesday when we return to training. We will be more accurate next week than what we can be now."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kd-on-gerrard-wba-and-suarez

Quick Reply