Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

PES 2012

Read 12456 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: PES 2012
      Reply #46: Nov 16, 2011 03:37:26 pm
      Truthfully, I've always preferred PES in terms of gameplay and realism.  I used to buy FIFA for playing with friends (because that's what they played) and PES for single player but not this year.  FIFA is truly the better game now, I would highly recommend hiring it for a weekend from a local video store and trying it - the introduction of sliders, the new impact engine, the better and more realistic AI shades PES' offering as a whole for the first time, ever.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy or anything mate because the only reason I posted was because I do share the exact same opinion as you re: CoD/BF and FIFA/PES (well I did until this year's FIFA) and am encouraging you to give it a go.  I was always skeptical when my mates told me FIFA was better, but for the first time ever, I believe them.  I can't speak in too much depth about online play but offline FIFA IMHO trumps PES for the first time, well, ever.  I'd recommend looking into it.

They introduced tactical defending as standard for online play which actually requires you to think and time your defensive plans.  It's still in it's infancy for online but offline FIFA is f**king superb.  Even though it's effectively the same game as FIFA 11 because of the changes in AI and sliders, there's no way I could ever go back.

I've been a PES fan for offline play since forever because of the superior and more realistic AI.  FIFA have actually got enough right this year and the sheer fact that they've managed to do so without really making a new game tells me this is only the beginning of great things.  This installment has not only switched me from being a neutral fan of either game (always tried to get my mates to play PES but with no luck) but actually towards being a FIFA fan.  In 2010, I was a PES man, 2011 I honestly didn't have a preference, now it's 2012 and I'm now a FIFA man.

By the way mate, I think know the PES online community is far better than FIFAs, but I really think tactical defending will weed out the 'COD' players one by one until we get a great game of 'Battlefield' going.  Only thing that sucks about FIFA online is allowing assisted players to match up against non assisted.  IMO, once they make different servers online for example, full manual controls only, full assisted, semi assisted only with variants of sliders settings etc. that will kill the PES series pretty much forever.
      I don't know what it is but I'm not impressed with either game this year to be honest, ill admit i haven't giving FIFA enough time to fully judge it and after reading your post i might just give it a proper try. I bought PES this year but I'm not buying FIFA because i wont play both, ill try get a lend of it for a week and if i agree with your post then ill trade in PES for it.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #47: Nov 16, 2011 03:39:04 pm
      Loving this game so far.

Sorry for the nooby question, does anyone know if you can get the real kits and badges for the unliscened teams on XBOX360 and if you can how?
      http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=330

I have it on PS3 so i cant help you more, sorry mate.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #48: Nov 16, 2011 10:24:25 pm
      It's alright mate, cheers for the help.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #49: Nov 17, 2011 12:32:33 am
      I don't know what it is but I'm not impressed with either game this year to be honest, ill admit i haven't giving FIFA enough time to fully judge it and after reading your post i might just give it a proper try. I bought PES this year but I'm not buying FIFA because i wont play both, ill try get a lend of it for a week and if i agree with your post then ill trade in PES for it.

Not a worry mate, I thought I'd try give you an honest review from someone who feels very similar to you about gaming.

I've personally been disappointed with both offerings for some time now (although I must commend both on their progress), neither FIFA nor PES had a good balance of enough realism for me but still making the game enjoyable (I mean I love football so it's not like the games were awful, but far from being polished).  In the past, I found the formula for winning games at FIFA was more about just keeping your pass completion rate very high (which with the default settings help far too much with, I raise the pass error to 67 for both user and CPU because League Two matches don't have 85% pass completion rates, only Premier/European matches do if both teams are on form) and letting the flawed AI rubber band you into a goal scoring opportunity.  By learning how the new match engine works and adjusting the sliders to change the dynamics of the game, I've managed to simulate a more realistic and more challenging game of football in which things like tactics and formations are also considered.  In the past, I never used to worry about tactics/formations because I didn't feel they were important enough in FIFA to matter (I think PES puts much greater value on tactics/formations and one of the reasons the online community is better).

When you manage to get your hands on a copy, head over to the FIFA 12 thread where I will make a long and boring post about the sliders ;)

Both games are still plagued with rubber band physics and unrealistic boosts to computer AI stats or decision making to make up for poor AI.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #50: Nov 23, 2011 05:23:56 am
      On my Master League I have the player development on normal yet Suarez & some other players have gone down by 2 I think even though they play well nearly every game, why?!

Is it worth me going on to www.pesstatsdatabase.com and changing the Liverpool squad's stats to what they are on there? Might do some other teams aswell if it's worth it.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #51: Jan 09, 2012 09:49:01 pm
      Just got this and Soto, Poulsen ect still at LFC.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #52: Jan 09, 2012 11:11:35 pm
      Just got this and Soto, Poulsen ect still at LFC.
      You have to download the data packs from extra content.

Quick Reply