Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Man of the Match?

Jose Enrique
      154 (62.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      25 (10.1%)
      Raul Meireles
      9 (3.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      3 (1.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      38 (15.3%)
      Martin Kelly
      19 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Arsenal 0:2 Liverpool:In-Game and Post Match Sham a lang a ding dong!

Read 65746 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Arsenal 0:2 Liverpool:In-Game and Post Match Sham a lang a ding dong!
      Reply #1012: Aug 22, 2011 04:39:00 am
      What caught my eye was the amount of possession we had. It was like Arsenal 44% - 56% Liverpool at one point.

Possession is normally an Arsenal thing and we looked like the home team for much of the game!!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #1013: Aug 22, 2011 06:17:37 am
      Arsenal made one hell of a fight out of it.  Well played to us!!!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1014: Aug 22, 2011 06:19:36 am
      Yeah we kept the possession about 48-50 when it was 11 vs 11 and after they went down to 10 men,we certainly did have more of the ball.There were a few silky moves from them but overall a great performance from the lads for not allowing Arsenal to play their free-flowing game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,017 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1015: Aug 22, 2011 08:49:36 am
      Watched this game twice already.

It is ridiculous that folks on here are trashing Andy Carroll and implying that he is a waste of transfer funds. He made a good showing of himself.

My thoughts exactly and he was very unfortunate not to get his name on the scoresheet with a well taken header that was kept out by some skillful goalkeeping.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1016: Aug 22, 2011 09:05:32 am
      I actually feel all our players played well.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,017 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1017: Aug 22, 2011 09:18:14 am
      I actually feel all our players played well.
      For sure mate and the result bears out the fact.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1018: Aug 22, 2011 10:07:24 am
      Kenny said our fans are amongst the most educated and know what we are trying to achieve.I hope he dosent read this thread as some of the posts are awful and you would think we had lost not won for the first time at the Emirates.
      All things considered it was as good a performance as you could expect for a new team playing their 2nd league game.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1019: Aug 22, 2011 10:52:34 am
      Totally agree there mate. When i look at Carroll i see a very good young striker with bags of potential.

Other fans see a suitcase with £35 million quid inside it and expect instant miracles.

Patience is a virtue bestowed on the few.

Completely agree with this. It's difficult for his style of play to be up there on his own, if we're playing balls on the floor.

He's more of the target man who's more deadly in the air and knocking it on to someone else in front of him. I'm not criticizing his footwork ability at all.

The result though despite the sending off was the right one. Arsenal were weakened, and we'd of kicked ourselves for not punishing their misfortunes.

Still think we need another flair player in the team like Suarez to up the tempo, we looked slow without him. Just look at the difference from when he came on.

But then again Arsenal are a high tempo team, we'll see how we get on in other matches without him (hopefully not).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1020: Aug 22, 2011 10:54:51 am
      If we are being honest with ourselves we will admit Carroll was poor, his movement was poor and his touch extremely poor. His mobility is a big issue.

What did Carragher say Vermalen would have been man of the match if we hadn't scored the 2 goals, who was Vermalen marking. Carroll being taken off was highlighted on the Premiership as one of the main turning points in the match down his poor touch which they showed examples of.

Lot of crosses Saturday he was no where for, people want patience shown to the lad which I'm sure Kenny will but there is no point saying he was good when he clearly wasn't. Barring 1 game for us he has been well below par so far
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1021: Aug 22, 2011 11:14:39 am
      If we are being honest with ourselves we will admit Carroll was poor, his movement was poor and his touch extremely poor. His mobility is a big issue.

He was utterly isolated by Kuyt and Hendo's non-performances.  They were awful.  Get off the anti-Carroll bandwagon.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1022: Aug 22, 2011 11:18:08 am
      I love this people trying to blame everyone but Carroll, his touch not for the first time was awful while his movement was extremely poor, especially from crosses.

He was on his heals and barring one header attacked nothing. I know people really want him to be a success because of the price tag but a lot of people are burying there head in the sand with him.

When I've seen Kuyt play with Suarez he has been excellant, strange that
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1023: Aug 22, 2011 11:24:35 am
      I love this people trying to blame everyone but Carroll, his touch not for the first time was awful while his movement was extremely poor, especially from crosses.

Carroll wasn't great, but Henderson & Kuyt were worse, but still far more plusses to pick out of that game than negatives.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1024: Aug 22, 2011 11:28:22 am
      Carroll wasn't great, but Henderson & Kuyt were worse, but still far more plusses to pick out of that game than negatives.

Depends what you are looking to pick out ;)

Not everyone, just the two of the players who were directly behind him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1025: Aug 22, 2011 11:35:38 am
      So it was Kuyt fault Carrolls touch and movement was so poor that really is a strange one, anyone saying Carroll had a good game is stretching it.

The best comment I saw yesterday was Carroll wore down the Arsenal defence, I actually laughed out loud at that one. Vermalen looked a lot fresher than Carroll was when he went off, this isn't boxing either Vermalen is a professional athlete that was cruising through the game till Suarez came on
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1026: Aug 22, 2011 11:40:02 am
      I would of taken 11 sh*t performances and an own goal at Arse to get that monkey off our back.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1027: Aug 22, 2011 11:42:19 am
      So it was Kuyt fault Carrolls touch and movement was so poor that really is a strange one, anyone saying Carroll had a good game is stretching it.

I'm just saying that you can't really criticise him for his performance.  He did alright, was not our worst player by a long stretch.

The best comment I saw yesterday was Carroll wore down the Arsenal defence, I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Yeah, that one is just clutching at straws.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1028: Aug 22, 2011 11:45:11 am
      I thought himself Kuyt and Adam were actually our worst players wouldn't put Henderson far behind but thought he did okay showed good energy levels. I thought everyone else was fairly decent
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1029: Aug 22, 2011 11:46:47 am
      I thought himself Kuyt and Adam were actually our worst players wouldn't put Henderson far behind but thought he did okay showed good energy levels. I thought everyone else was fairly decent

Don't start that one again ;)

We won 2-0 anyway, bring on Bolton!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1030: Aug 22, 2011 12:00:19 pm
      Henderson completed the most passes on the pitch, he made 59 at a pass completetion rate of 90%, think he's going to be like Lucas, it's going to take people abit of time to realise he's good.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #1031: Aug 22, 2011 12:03:52 pm
      Carroll had a bad game on Saturday regardless of his price or anyone around him.
      He cocked up most passes that came near him or simply fell over, Im certainly not going to write him off after it though
      I dont think Carroll is built for every game IMO but he will step up in other games.
      I dont think its fair to bring up the price paid every time he does anything wrong if thats the case you should be deducting money off the price tag every time he scores or assists untill he has paid the club back which is silly.
      The club decided to pay that money for him and Kenny must feel he was worth it otherwise it wouldnt have happened, its not as if Carroll put that price on his head so chill out, we are two games in and he wasnt fit last season so pull the knives out till the end of the season.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1032: Aug 22, 2011 12:09:38 pm
      Before the season started, if you had said after 2 games, we would have 4 points and more depth on the bench and squad than the season before, I think most fans would have taken it.

OK, some performances were below par - but how often have we seen the mancs or chavs scrap a win with below average performances ? Take last season - manure were p*ss poor for most of it, but won the league. I'd happily settle for another 36 performances like Saturday as long as we got the same 36 results....
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1033: Aug 22, 2011 12:52:43 pm
      Henderson completed the most passes on the pitch, he made 59 at a pass completetion rate of 90%, think he's going to be like Lucas, it's going to take people abit of time to realise he's good.
      Agree, Henderson rarely loses the ball and that's very important in the final third.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1034: Aug 22, 2011 01:06:17 pm
      Before the season started, if you had said after 2 games, we would have 4 points and more depth on the bench and squad than the season before, I think most fans would have taken it.

OK, some performances were below par - but how often have we seen the mancs or chavs scrap a win with below average performances ? Take last season - manure were p*ss poor for most of it, but won the league. I'd happily settle for another 36 performances like Saturday as long as we got the same 36 results....
      Am i missing something, scrape a win, below average perfomance? We played very well, created numerous chances and fully deserved to win the game.

Quick Reply