Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Man of the Match?

Jose Enrique
      154 (62.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      25 (10.1%)
      Raul Meireles
      9 (3.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      3 (1.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      38 (15.3%)
      Martin Kelly
      19 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Arsenal 0:2 Liverpool:In-Game and Post Match Sham a lang a ding dong!

Read 65815 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Arsenal 0:2 Liverpool:In-Game and Post Match Sham a lang a ding dong!
      Reply #1058: Aug 23, 2011 02:06:53 am
      I don't get why some people (not necessarily posters on this forum but articles outside in general) are not giving us credit for the win.

I know we played a very depleted Arsenal side, against 10 men at one point and took the lead through an own goal but it was a very good away performance considering we have always looked out of place at the Emirates.

Arsenal had van Persie, Nasri, Vermalen, Arshavin, Walcott and Ramsey. Probably only missed Song, Wilshere and maybe Gibbs. Even we've gone on games without Gerrard, Carragher and Torres at one point (according to many, didn't we have a more average players than them?).

We didn't get Frimpong sent off. He was just reckless and stupid. Yeah, an own goal but it was Suarez and Meireles who made it happen by putting pressure on Miquel or the Arsenal defence for that matter.

We beat Arsenal on their own game as well. Keep the ball, pass, move and plenty of possession.

Apart from losing steam after an hour against Sunderland ( first game of season bear in mind), I think we've started the season pretty well. We have kept the ball nicely, there is teamwork, there are crosses and we have scored 3 goals (let's not forget Carroll's wrongly ruled out goal against the Black Cats and my, Downing had a right footed volley enter the goal but Carroll had pushed his man against Arsenal).

So their case is, we won thanks to Miquel and Frimpong being architects of their downfall and that we played a depleted Arsenal side very low on morale with an own goal. Arrival and Suarez and Meireles changed things but I for one didn't think we played terribly without them either.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011 02:23:53 am by Adryan »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1059: Aug 23, 2011 02:15:41 am
      yeah it's so noticeably like last year - we had two teenagers in our backline, a midfield not made up of first choice and no quality on the bench. we earned a draw with our depleted side and they were overran. very proud of the victory but we need to remain consistent as bolton will be no pushovers.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1060: Aug 23, 2011 02:29:36 am
      That's the media for you.

They don't want Liverpool to succeed it's not in their best interest.

F**k Arsenal it's their own fault they are so depleted.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1061: Aug 23, 2011 02:34:31 am
      And just finished re-watching the 2nd half, for the first 25 minutes, I actually think Henderson, Kuyt & Carroll improved.  
      Arsenal may have seemed to have a bit more control, but none of it was really dangerous, save the foul that wasn't given for Kelly and the subsequent, scuffed, RVP effort.  The last 20 was great watching though and Meireles & Suarez worked really well off each other..  After the re-watch, I'd probably change my choice for MOTM, if I could, and vote for Kelly, though to be honest Vermaelen was probably the man of the match and I don't think many centre backs will have as good a game as he did against Carroll.    
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1062: Aug 23, 2011 02:48:18 am
      I actually felt Frimpong settled in really well apart from his sending off but yeah, Vermalen was a good shout. Was kinda nice to see him and Suarez shaking hands when Suarez came on, ;D.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1063: Aug 23, 2011 10:18:00 am
      I don't get why some people (not necessarily posters on this forum but articles outside in general) are not giving us credit for the win.

I know we played a very depleted Arsenal side, against 10 men at one point and took the lead through an own goal but it was a very good away performance considering we have always looked out of place at the Emirates.

Arsenal had van Persie, Nasri, Vermalen, Arshavin, Walcott and Ramsey. Probably only missed Song, Wilshere and maybe Gibbs. Even we've gone on games without Gerrard, Carragher and Torres at one point (according to many, didn't we have a more average players than them?).

We didn't get Frimpong sent off. He was just reckless and stupid. Yeah, an own goal but it was Suarez and Meireles who made it happen by putting pressure on Miquel or the Arsenal defence for that matter.

We beat Arsenal on their own game as well. Keep the ball, pass, move and plenty of possession.

Apart from losing steam after an hour against Sunderland ( first game of season bear in mind), I think we've started the season pretty well. We have kept the ball nicely, there is teamwork, there are crosses and we have scored 3 goals (let's not forget Carroll's wrongly ruled out goal against the Black Cats and my, Downing had a right footed volley enter the goal but Carroll had pushed his man against Arsenal).

So their case is, we won thanks to Miquel and Frimpong being architects of their downfall and that we played a depleted Arsenal side very low on morale with an own goal. Arrival and Suarez and Meireles changed things but I for one didn't think we played terribly without them either.

Probably because they feel the same way as Corbally that all our player's are sh*t coz they don't come from spain?

Quick Reply