Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Dirk Kuyt (Inter Milan)

Read 8392 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Dirk Kuyt (Inter Milan)
      Reply #46: Aug 22, 2011 02:43:59 pm
      Dirk half decent at best? You got to be joking?!
      No how do you rate him?
      For the right money, I'd certainly sell him, KK is building a squad for the future, and Kuyt is no longer an automatic 1st choice, in my opinion. So for that reason only I'd sell him.

£10-12m to spend on a decent back up striker makes sense.

I'm not saying I'd not be sad to see him go, but as he is no longer 1st choice, he can go.
      Is the correct answer, from a knowledgeable LFC supporter ...
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Aug 22, 2011 02:44:27 pm
      How is my reply stupid? Because it makes sense and makes you look like a tit?

Two great achievements I agree but overall we could do better than Kuyt.

Youre having a F***ing laugh mate if you are considering Henderson as suitable replacement. When it comes to English footballers people should really stop believing their own hype. As Saturday afternoon proved British football is in strife if it is going to be spearheaded by the likes of Walcot and Ramsey.

People have very limited memory Dirk has and will continue to give his all for the club at which ever position he is asked to do so by the manager without ever getting his nose out of joint. Something 'captain fantastic' was in a huff about when asked to play on the right by Rafa.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #48: Aug 22, 2011 02:44:51 pm
      I'm sorry but for 12 million you would not be able to buy someone to replace Kuyt to the same standard he is a Dutch international we are miles better off keeping him
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 22, 2011 02:44:59 pm
      This thread is just a waste !
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #50: Aug 22, 2011 02:45:13 pm
      No how do you rate him?
      Is the correct answer, from a knowledgeable LFC supporter ...

Cheers fella
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #51: Aug 22, 2011 02:47:54 pm
      F**k right off!

Dirk will retire at Anfield, with his own mosaic at the Kop.
      Spot on with this. Hope he stays.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #52: Aug 22, 2011 02:49:00 pm
      Youre having a f**king laugh mate if you are considering Henderson as suitable replacement. When it comes to English footballers people should really stop believing their own hype. As Saturday afternoon proved British football is in strife if it is going to be spearheaded by the likes of Walcot and Ramsey.

People have very limited memory Dirk has and will continue to give his all for the club at which ever position he is asked to do so by the manager without ever getting his nose out of joint. Something 'captain fantastic' was in a huff about when asked to play on the right by Rafa.
      As i said before Hendo is NO RM i see him as a CM only, no one doubts Dirk's work rate but technically he is poor, did you watch the game on Sat? I smashed my remote control of the wall watching him give the ball away so much. And he has been like that for years.

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #53: Aug 22, 2011 02:49:26 pm
      The same Dirk Kuyt that Kenny was praising in the press today? Ya, jog on
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #54: Aug 22, 2011 02:53:35 pm
      Exactly, it wont happen unfortunately as we could do with a better player but the £1m quoted is a joke.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #55: Aug 22, 2011 02:53:49 pm
      Dirk's main contribution is his never say die attitude, his excellent character and his incredible work ethic. Sadly he is not getting any younger and if the right offer comes in we should consider it. Anything around £8/10million I would sell, but personally I doubt we would be offered anything like that for him. I don't really see Dirk as a bench player, its his hard work over 90mins week in week out that's his great value, not 20mins off the bench.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #56: Aug 22, 2011 02:54:58 pm
      As I said before Hendo is NO RM I see him as a CM only, no one doubts Dirk's work rate but technically he is poor, did you watch the game on Sat? I smashed my remote control of the wall watching him give the ball away so much. And he has been like that for years.

Offcourse I watched it lad not once but twice and all the highlights on MOTD again.

Nobody said Dirk was a smooth and silky player but he has done more then enough to show his worth keeping at this club. He is capable of making very simple mistakes every now and then but  through grit and graft will get on the end of balls and crosses that nobody else can.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #57: Aug 22, 2011 02:57:15 pm

To be honest, I was certain that all the Dirk haters have fu**ed off to support Chelsea or Man City ...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #58: Aug 22, 2011 03:03:20 pm
      Is this just a rehash of the same story that came out towards the end of the last summer transfer window?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #59: Aug 22, 2011 03:06:19 pm
      To be honest, I was certain that all the Dirk haters have fu**ed off to support Chelsea or Man City ...

Are you referring to me? Never have i hated a Liverpool player other than Diouf.

Offcourse I watched it lad not once but twice and all the highlights on MOTD again.

Nobody said Dirk was a smooth and silky player but he has done more then enough to show his worth keeping at this club. He is capable of making very simple mistakes every now and then but  through grit and graft will get on the end of balls and crosses that nobody else can.
      I know he gives his all mate but seriously IMO we need a better player, we are not going to progress with players that produce more work ethic than ability IMO. That's all I'm saying on the matter as i have said it numerous times, i never really rated Kuyt as a player technically but i appreciate his attitude.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #60: Aug 22, 2011 03:16:14 pm
      As i said before Hendo is NO RM i see him as a CM only, no one doubts Dirk's work rate but technically he is poor, did you watch the game on Sat? I smashed my remote control of the wall watching him give the ball away so much. And he has been like that for years.

Everyone says about his work rate being high but him not being very gifted or being technically poor, i think that's bullshit, he is actually very good at other aspects of football other than running as we see in match after match, such as his pass to Torres against the chavs, his ability to keep the ball and deliver crosses when played out of position on the right, and even linking up with other players really well as well as being a good finisher. i don't think that he is just all about the 'work ethic' he has more to him which a lot of people choose to ignore.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #61: Aug 22, 2011 03:19:55 pm
      Everyone says about his work rate being high but him not being very gifted or being technically poor, I think that's bullshit, he is actually very good at other aspects of football other than running as we see in match after match, such as his pass to Torres against the chavs, his ability to keep the ball and deliver crosses when played out of position on the right, and even linking up with other players really well as well as being a good finisher. I don't think that he is just all about the 'work ethic' he has more to him which a lot of people choose to ignore.

True, but he is sh*t in Joga Bonito ...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #62: Aug 22, 2011 03:21:56 pm
      Sky sports are are full of sh*t,never right think they go on rumour rooms and make the sh*te up.

According to Ben smith it is a load of rubbish.

LFC Transfer Speculations
      bensmith_Times Ben Smith
      I can confirm the Dirk Kuyt to Inter Milan rumour is total rubbish.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #63: Aug 22, 2011 03:22:45 pm
      Is this just a rehash of the same story that came out towards the end of the last summer transfer window?

Possibly, this so called modern day media are getting so lazy nowadays.

Speaking of which, have you heard about this?

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #64: Aug 22, 2011 03:24:26 pm
      Kuyt won't raise a sufficient fee to warrant a sale, but I could see why Inter would be trying their luck after the supposed Aquilani deal...

I like Kuyt, but I would sell for £7m or so.

Not that it is going to happen.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #65: Aug 22, 2011 03:27:32 pm
      Would be a ridiculous move to sell him. He was top scorer last season and covers two positions for us. Inter....do one!
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 22, 2011 03:28:38 pm
      Kuyt to Inter report is false. Quotes by Rob Jansen are the same ones that he gave last summer when Inter/Benitez were actually interested.

http://twitter.com/JenChang88/status/105646440394670080
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #67: Aug 22, 2011 03:29:19 pm
      Kuyt won't raise a sufficient fee to warrant a sale, but I could see why Inter would be trying their luck after the supposed Aquilani deal...

I like Kuyt, but I would sell for £7m or so.

Not that it is going to happen.

Going by their offer for Aquilani, I think we will turn down the 3 packets of crisps and a lucky bag they will probably offer for Dirk as well mate.
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #68: Aug 22, 2011 03:43:58 pm
      Am I the only one who wants Kuyt to stay??
      Looks like some of you have forgotten all the things he has done..
      I don't want to see him playing for Inter or any other team, I just want to see him in the red shirt, in OUR red shirt.

Quick Reply