Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Martin Skrtel
      5 (2.7%)
      Jose Enrique
      4 (2.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      60 (32.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      14 (7.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      22 (12%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      1 (0.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      78 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Liverpool 3-1 Bolton: In game and Post Match Salivation

Read 35895 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Bolton: In game and Post Match Salivation
      Reply #644: Aug 27, 2011 11:21:12 pm
      Slightly unrelated.

Glen Johnson had two of his fancy cars in the players car-park today.  You don't think he had forgotten he had left one of them there do you?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #645: Aug 27, 2011 11:23:34 pm
      Me mates a taxi driver an he just text me saying he's just took Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll down to the Albert Docks. Wonder if they left him a tip.

:lmao: Carroll wanted to go to Creamfields
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #646: Aug 27, 2011 11:26:24 pm
      Slightly unrelated.

Glen Johnson had two of his fancy cars in the players car-park today.  You don't think he had forgotten he had left one of them there do you?

It's probably why they don't let him do interviews - what kind of numpty nicks a toilet seat ffs

F**k me, Trigger is a f***in genius compared to some of these lads.

Kuyt and Suarez get on because they both speak Dutch. So when they play together, one of them shouts where he wants it in Dutch, and the other one tries to go there   :D

MOTD was gash - they actually tried to make it look like bolton had a toe-hold in the game, when the reality was that they were played off the park.

Kudos to dixon as well for bigging up Lucas - he has been under appreciated for far too long.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #647: Aug 27, 2011 11:29:57 pm
      Breathtaking performance, not only from the players but, from Anfield itself. The whole atmosphere seemed just like it used to be.

Not going to single out any one particular player as, they all put in a 100% today and I don't think anyone stayed still for a second.

If we can keep this up every game, we will be unstoppable and KK looked so happy with it all too!

10/10  :)

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #648: Aug 27, 2011 11:38:54 pm
      We have now two teams of players same as man utd ,chelsea and man city.So we are gunning for the title.we are playing as a team now, everyone on the same page.
      Saurez  is terrorizing defences. see how he deals with defenders puts the ball between there legs and runs around them.his brain has one mode play at high level all the time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,791 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #649: Aug 28, 2011 12:25:07 am
      Quality game form the lads today, made up with that performance. Gutted the International break comes just when we seeem to be clicking into top gear  :mad:

Highlights for me, the new lads getting on the scoresheet, Enrique for his performance today, I thought he was immense and got my MOTM just ahead of Luis and Lucas.

Lowlight and I couldn't believe I was hearing this. The camera panned around the ground at the 70ish minute mark, give or take a few minutes and stopped on some Liverpoool lass looking like she was falling asleep. The c**t of a commentator said, "Imagine if Rafa was still in charge, she would have been asleep an hour ago", WTF???  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway another 3 points for us, just gutted Pepe didn't get the clean sheet the team deserved but I did have Klasnic in my starting 11 on the Fantasy Premier League Team so.....  :)

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #650: Aug 28, 2011 12:31:00 am
      Today,we didn't just win,we strutted around the park,as we did last time Kenny was in charge.Last season we were apologising for our performances,now we control the game,and everyone has their part to play,so no individuals need mentioning,but it is so obvious to everyone,that Kenny,has developed the squad,with the backing of FSG,that we should have been,a couple of years ago.The previous gobshites tried to take us down,came so close,but failed,now we have a wonderful opportunity,to regain our rightful position in the EPL.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #651: Aug 28, 2011 12:50:13 am
      Even though I nearly got my eyes severely burnt out by the sun all afternoon, there was no doubt at all that our football was extremely easy on the eye today. Absolutely the stuff you want to see the reds play.

Eased off a bit with about 15-20 mins to go in the first half but it wasn't to the point of concern.

If we can get the sort of football flowing like it used to back in '88, then we will defo be onto a winner. Yesterdays game was definitely a step forward, back in that direction.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #652: Aug 28, 2011 12:55:42 am
      Flipping heck.

Got in about an hour ago. That performance definitely made my 4 hour drive home 100% worth it!

Lucas and Suarez impressed as well as the rest of the team. Looking forward to more of the same this season!

Atmosphere was pretty good today I thought.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #653: Aug 28, 2011 01:10:55 am

Atmosphere was pretty good today I thought.

Not wrong there mate. Was a good buzz in the air I thought.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #654: Aug 28, 2011 01:53:16 am

Apart from the obvious Suarez and Lucas, I was very pleased with Henderson's performance today ... Heavily involved in our play, scored a beautiful goal, and has shown why we have invested £16 million in him ... Adam was also very solid, but he still has a lot of work to do on his conditioning ... Oh, and I have to mention the bargain of the summer: Jose Enrique ...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #655: Aug 28, 2011 01:56:33 am
      Breathtaking performance, not only from the players but, from Anfield itself. The whole atmosphere seemed just like it used to be.

Steady on.  Was an improvement on Sunderland but sadly I've still got a voice.

4/10.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #656: Aug 28, 2011 02:09:10 am
      Very good performance today.  First half was very much like the Sunderland game, and fortunately we kept it going untill we had killed the game off.  We seem to have so much more movement and fluidity than we had this time last year, and the players actually look like they want to be playing and winning games.

Pleased for Hendo, who I thought was very good today and involved in a lot of our best moments - the power of a goal.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #657: Aug 28, 2011 02:15:41 am

That is actually laughable, referring to Lucas, nevertheless infuriating at the same time, absolute joke.

Usually it takes one game for Sky pundits to get on the bandwagon and deem a player world class or a legend, It's taking years for a couple of people on the panel to point out that he is actually an integral part of the team, player of the year last season and one of the most consistent players we have. I do actually appreciate the likes of Neville and Wilkins giving the lad some credit!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #658: Aug 28, 2011 02:17:42 am
      The most enjoyable Liverpool game in quite some time.

Loved the return to the high tempo and solid 'pass and move' and the confidence the players had individually and each other.

Henderson was fantastic. He was everywhere and looked like he was enjoying wearing the Red shirt rather than being overwhelmed with it.

Downing was dangerous and composed and Enrique was tenacious.

Adam was given a lot of space and clearly reveled in it. Some great touches and insightful passes.

Lucas was commanding and Agger was adventurous in his attacking mentality.

Skrtel was so strong at Right back and really linked up well with Kuyt and Hendo when he went out there.

Really was a wonderful display. Perfect foundation for the run up to christmas.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #659: Aug 28, 2011 02:25:41 am
      What a game, every part of our team did superbly. Great win today, for me showed intent and consistency and I am not getting carried away to soon, but f**k me what a performance, loved every minute of that game, defense were on top for most of the game, midfield were always in control, and Suarez and Kuyt were majestic.

Back four were solid, Agger and Enrique impressed the most from the back four for me, Enrique showed great strength and awareness today and was great going forward and again sent in a couple of great crosses for Carroll, just seems he was off the pace a little but that will change, Agger was solid defensively and made a couple of nice attacking runs, shame on his finish though.

The midfield were great today, starting with Adam and Lucas, both played very professionally, Lucas breaking up everything in his path and linking up play from defense to midfield very well, Adam making breathtaking passes all throughout the game, and getting a beautiful struck goal as well. Henderson was on form, showed great awareness in his delivery's today and great quality in them and his great goal, breathtaking stuff by the 20 year old. Downing was unlucky not to score, made a couple of great one two's with Enrique and Suarez, breathtaking stuff, it will only be a matter of time until he scores.

Kuyt and Suarez were immense today, both of them, there energy levels were through the roof both making themselves available and at every opportunity, Kuyt hustled hard and Suarez was great at running the channels and linking up play, Suarez was unlucky not to get his goal but he did brilliant for the team today, great to see him sulking after being subbed, just shows how hungry he is to score every game!

Well done reds, great game, great result and great performance, bright days ahead for us!
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #660: Aug 28, 2011 06:42:22 am
      My thoughts on the match in general have pretty much already been said, but I wanted to give some extra props to Martin Skrtel.

He was my MOTM for performance and circumstance. Skrtel came on when the game was still not settled - like Sunderland, Bolton could have turned the tables and equalized in just one moment. Losing Kelly could have been a HUGE problem for us with no Johnson/Flanno on the bench and Skrtel coming in fresh off of an injury AND playing out of position. Not only did the guy score the goal that bolstered the lead and opened the floodgates, he was F***ing fantastic in defense on the right. That alone was impressive enough, but that wasn't all. He pushed forward and got involved in the offense with surprising efficiency. It was an impressive performance without a doubt - one that should give Kenny some thought about featuring the Slovac more regularly.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #661: Aug 28, 2011 07:51:08 am
      I really enjoyed this match. Adam, Lucas, Suarez, Skrtel and Kuyt were the best players of the field. Adam and Lucas dominated the midfield with simple but efficient passes. Suarez although he was the main striker created so many chances. Kuyt and Suarez were so mobile and the game was very fluid.

YNWA
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #662: Aug 28, 2011 08:33:55 am
      If we can get the sort of football flowing like it used to back in '88, then we will defo be onto a winner.

Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge...

Downing, Suarez, Carroll...?

Hard to compare new signings to legends, but the first two (Downing and Suarez) look like they could do very, very well for us. Creatively, they look the real deal.

The harder one is Carroll-Aldridge. Very different players, but Carroll has a way to go yet before he is finished developing, whilst when Aldo joined us he was already a seasoned professional.

Attacking-wise, our current team has the potential to be extremely potent, even when compared to one of our greatest ever teams.

Our '88 side had a massive depth in midfield, which I'm not surprised to say is being mirrored in Kenny's current team. I don't think it's coincidence, depth in midfield is vital, a position of the field that needs dominating if a team is to succeed, with a variety of skills required.

McMahon, Molby

Lucas, Adam...?

Again, just comparing for the fun of it, but similar-style players. However, if memory serves, McMahon sored a fair few goals for us, something Lucas could improve on in his otherwise quite complete (and improved!) game.

Won't go into the defense too much, though the obvious comparison is Hansen-Agger, the defender confident on the ball, able to create from the back.

If you have a look at our squad from the late '80's, what is obvious is the depth of quality in every position, and players that were versatile. Excellent players, but also ones that blended together perfectly, were complimentary of one another.

In the brief time Kenny has been back, I think we've already seen large steps taken to create a similar side. Nowadays I think the league is more competitive, and we'll have a harder job than we did then due to the new "money" teams that are emerging.

Undoubtably, though, Kenny is a born winner, and I feel confident he'll take us back to the top!

EDIT: Sorry guys, just realised how off topic that was!
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #663: Aug 28, 2011 08:42:00 am
      Yesterday I saw  the beginnings of a new era at Liverpool ,Owen Coyle has a hard working outfit used to the  grinding out  battle year in year of  survival in the Premiership , the fact that on more than one   occasion yesterday they closed us down to great effect regardless of the score the players gave Coyle 90 Min's of professionalism resulting in a slip up by Carra at the end for there goal ,Pepe`s reaction told you his thoughts on the matter , not a lot happening last 20 odd Min's  then boom a goal.

As for the Reds , so many pluses from back to front the defence Enrique,Dan ,Carra and Kelly .
      Skits coming on , what can you say  a goal  that put us very much in control ,the drive and the reaction his goal had throughout the team, ,  even Dan started enjoying himself with a couple of mazy runs

Chuck pinged it superbly all afternoon, still looks a bit sluggish at times but maybe that's me
      Kyut never stops a duracell of a man .
      Downing immense yesterday, and getting better all the time  .
      Jordan  Henderson`s drive and goal  .
      Lucas Leiva how good was he yesterday ,the masterclass from Luis getting him MOTM yesterday was thoroughly deserved,
      but any other day our Brazilian midfielder would have skooshed the award .

Kenny will play it down as the norm ,whats expected at Liverpool etc ,in reality he will be chuffed to bits about the players starting to come together ,most importantly the attitude has changed ,very much for the better ;

Stevie G back soon, a couple of signings now or in  Jan and  we are well up for this ,maybe its a bit early this season to be thinking about No19 ,maybe its not ,   a couple of players as I said could well just get us closer than we think to The Championship .

YNWA
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #664: Aug 28, 2011 09:57:20 am
      great win for us today,played with more vigour and passion!!! lets keep the train rolling!!!!next is manc united!!!!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #665: Aug 28, 2011 10:01:29 am
      Give me Aldo over Carroll any day, he was a goal machine, he holds the record doesn't he in England for most league goals is it, could be wrong there though. Remember him beating a Jimmy Greaves record just prior to his retirement
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #666: Aug 28, 2011 11:19:53 am
      Lucas just got my man of the match, thought he bossed the midfield today

Quick Reply