Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Martin Skrtel
      5 (2.7%)
      Jose Enrique
      4 (2.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      60 (32.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      14 (7.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      22 (12%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      1 (0.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      78 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Liverpool 3-1 Bolton: In game and Post Match Salivation

Read 35890 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Bolton: In game and Post Match Salivation
      Reply #667: Aug 28, 2011 11:23:20 am
      Thought about it and gave my MoTM the Skrtel ;) Not our best player, but he was the only one playing out of position and he was awesome and that was the only way to separate them.  Plus, I love Martin Skrtel ;D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #668: Aug 28, 2011 11:24:06 am
      Lucas just got my man of the match, thought he bossed the midfield today
      Same here, thought he was brilliant yesterday.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #669: Aug 28, 2011 11:33:18 am
       Weren't we f***ing brilliant. Everybody played well, it was probably as good as I've seen us play since we hammered Real Madrid a few years back. My MOM was Lucas, who made it a hat-trick from me in the the league games this season. I thought he was absolutely magnificent, as was Suarez who I remain convinced in the best player in the league.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #670: Aug 28, 2011 11:35:21 am
      Not to take anything from the lads, but just imagine when Johnson and Gerrard get back into this team. Can't wait for Steven to be at his best once again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5010 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #671: Aug 28, 2011 11:55:07 am
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: And another fantastic performance from the men in Red, Suarez was f***in boss, those two passes in the first half were sublime, the first from the outside of his right foot was particularly special the second was millimetre perfect and both should have resulted in goals, but to me its his movement that stands out, there wont be a defence  in the prem that wont be fu**ed about by Suarez, Adam's passing was superb and right up there with the likes of Molby or Alonso, Downing without being overshadowed was excellent pulling Bolton apart by his clever play allowing space to open up and Lucas was once again showing what Rafa seen in him,

he protected the back four with aplomb and broke up play engineering the start of most of our attacks, laying passes off to either Adam or Hendo, Jordan played his best game for us thus far and i'm very excited at what he can become under Kenny's and Clarkey's tutelage, Kuyt had a decent game and was unlucky not to latch onto that cracking thru ball from Hendo, the back four were untroubled in all fairness until that lapse at the end, feel sorry for young Kelly, i hope his hams are not going to thwart his career, overall, i thought we were superb from start to finish, we have the Stokies away next and the question is, how can you change a side that performs like that ? be interesting who Kenny puts in at RB now that Kelly looks to be out, i'm not sure if the Skirt will fill in  especially away from Anfield,

anyway, normally Suarez would breeze motm, but i'm giving mine to Lucas, he has become a auto start for me and has proven once again that with hard graft and sheer determination players can reach any goal they set themselves, pardon the pun, but all in all everyone deserves a massive pat on the back, 3 games in 7pts, it took 9 games for Roy H, WHO ? to reach the same tally, we're top of the tree albeit temporarily i feel, but isnt it f***in great to up there looking down, we are going to get better and better as the confidence grows and gradually the winning mentality with it, roll on the Stokies, our next victims.

Well done Redmen, i'll be smiling all week now, f***in fantastic football all round.

IKWT YNWA
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #672: Aug 28, 2011 12:28:00 pm
      Love the fact Suarez gets pissed off with himself when he doesn't score, despite producing yet another performance that other mere mortals could only dream of.

The man is a footballing God.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2011 01:13:15 pm by Dannylfc »
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #673: Aug 28, 2011 01:12:36 pm
      What more can I say that hasn't been said already..Great performance and I really am chuffed to bits today...I'm gonna watch the whole game again in a bit to sooth the hangover.. :f_doh:....made up for Henderson and Adam scoring their firsts of many...
      One thing though that is satisfying is how we smashed Bolton to bits...When they won 4-0 on the opening day they looked the part and all the pundits were rabbiting on about how well they will do this year and how organised they looked...even against Man City they showed some bottle...Yesterday they we're completely humbled to a non significant team of amateurs...just how all teams used to be treated on a regular basis at Anfield many years ago..we need to keep that up all season long...
      Stupid international break now before Pulis and his merry men get crushed on their own patch by Kennys marching army...and then onwards and upwards to sort out the wide boy Rednapp...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #674: Aug 28, 2011 01:24:43 pm
      Many here said they have difficulties in choosing the MOTM, including me, that's good, meaning we have now started to play as a team and not one player can be said as having a bad game, while not too long ago we have always been labeled by other teams as a 2-player team. It's evident from today's game that Kenny has started to mould the team to replicate those of the 70s and 80s. It's an unfinished product and giving the players more time to play together we're simply going to be more awesome, simple as that. Even that, we have not even considered Stevie.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2011 01:39:02 pm by redkop63 »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #675: Aug 28, 2011 02:04:02 pm
      Great performance by all involved.

Well chuffed with that.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #676: Aug 28, 2011 02:29:28 pm
      Another point on Jose Enrique.  Does that lad ever panic? No.  You would think he had been playing for us for years.  Honestly looks like he has turned up for a kickabout with his mates..

One thing that we missed when Aurelio was out was his reliability. You know what you were getting from him. You were confident when you saw him play. We have that again in Enrique.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #677: Aug 28, 2011 03:36:42 pm
      "He does not need a goal. Often, he does not even need the ball. His presence alone is a torment." Loved that bit
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #678: Aug 28, 2011 03:40:58 pm
      Loved Henderson and Adam's celebrations.

You can tell how much they love having that red shirt on.

Fantastic stuff.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Bolton
      Reply #679: Aug 28, 2011 05:26:09 pm
      Back onto the match.

Thought we were excellent yesterday every single player on the pitch even Carra although his little mistake lead to the goal.

We Defended and pressed the ball well, we attacked with menace and purpose, our pass and move for the most part of it was a joy to behold and it left Bolton chasing Shadows, we absolutely battered Bolton and they were shell shocked, it was singlehandely our best performance since the 08-09 season.

Hard to pick out a man of the match as there was 14 that played on that pitch yesterday and they all gave a good account of themselves, but I'm going to opt for Downing again, he was streatching bolton with his willingness to run at them and he was our first line of defense too when we lost the ball, his passing again was excellent and I lost count of how many times he turned a overhit pass from Adam into a thouroughly good pass with his willingness to get on the end of it, could turn out to be our signing of the season this lad without doubt.

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2011 01:02:14 pm by redkenny, Reason: Removed off topic posting. »
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #680: Aug 28, 2011 06:08:52 pm
      Nigh on impossible to say something that has'nt already been said about that showing.Cloud 9 comes to mind,even thats a bit understated.

Well done you Magnificent Redmen (and you KK )
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #681: Aug 28, 2011 08:03:24 pm
      Lucas was the man yesterday. Broke everything up in midfield. Even beat Kevin Davies to virtually every header. What a transformed player he is; outstanding!! He really has started to take over Mach's mantle on this performance.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #682: Aug 29, 2011 07:46:34 pm
      very good game all the players did their best ....for the money we have spent on new players we can not accept anything less than that
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #683: Aug 29, 2011 09:31:18 pm
      Who sets these bloody polls? as I doubt they watched the game, Downing was outstanding AGAIN but doesn't even get a look in, shocking!

Anyway it was a pretty good game in the end, we looked strong and passed the ball well, the new players seem to be gelling together really quickly.  If we can keep this up by the time Stevie G comes back he'll only be needed as a super sub!

Really good show from all the lads on Saturday, you can see why Kenny got the players he did as I think everyone has proved to be a good buy so far!

IKWT

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #684: Aug 29, 2011 09:40:44 pm
      Thought about it and gave my MoTM the Skrtel ;) Not our best player, but he was the only one playing out of position and he was awesome and that was the only way to separate them.  Plus, I love Martin Skrtel ;D

Pretty good shout in fairness - he was a F***ing revelation at RB compared to the last time he played there.

I like Skrtel as well - an underrated player, and the way he got in front of knight for his goal was nothing short of sublime. Great strength, speed and awareness.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #685: Aug 29, 2011 10:31:48 pm
      All I know is this, I started watching and learning football under project owl...it got much better under Kenny after January. The match I saw yesterday, though perhaps not as much a challenge as ManCiteh last year or Arsenal this year was the best football I have seen to date.

Guess something started taking hold of me...got teary seeing Hendo and Adam get they're first goals....so friggin proud right now of our club and where we are going.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #686: Aug 29, 2011 10:55:10 pm
      Even though this was Bolton, this was one of the best matches I have seen in a while.Its amazing what fresh blood and attitude can bring to a squad.  So far in the matches I watched it seems that the players are all having fun again and they seem to be playing with passion.  Watching last season it was like watching a funeral. Carra, Reina and Gerrard were like Zombies and it looked like they were just going through the motions playing for Hodgson.

Now it is a complete 100% change on that pitch and the attitude is apparent. Their is the saying " Play like a Champion". Which means if you play with attitude, and passion and believe, then you cant be beat. That whole squad looked like they could beat anyone and I think they believe it. KD has this team believing and that is a powerful thing.

I cant wait for the matches.
      L4Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • @L4Red8
      Reply #687: Aug 30, 2011 01:55:31 am
      Giving my MOTM to Suarez, I know his been playing brilliantly in most games but I felt I saw even more from him on Saturday with his passing. That pass in the first half with the outside of his boot, Sensational! Skrtel, Lucas, Enrique, Adam, Henderson and Downing all played blinders too and would be worthy of the award. Truly was a great team performance. 

Loving our football! The speed of our attacking play was brilliant, one second defending, the next the balls with Suarez, Kuyt and Downing. We have a real mixture of ways to break down the opposition now, through the middle, out wide or a Charlie Adam special. Our defenders and Pepe had an easy job, thanks to us keeping the ball and to Lucas for his break down play. Our attitude and desire was commendable, even at 3-0 down we were so angry at the pass back decision and still looking so hungry for goals. I like to see Kuyt and Suarez upfront for their link up play but on Saturday the whole team were linking up as well as those two do.

Only bad points were the goal conceded, Carra messed up, recovered well but the ball fell to the wrong player. Also, we really should have been more clinical the first half, played really well and deserved to go in more than one up, glad we came out making sure it wouldn't cost us this time.

Really well played Red Men!

IKKWT         
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #688: Aug 30, 2011 01:58:20 am
      Loved every F***ing minute of this game we played some boss football, Lucas and Suarez were absolutely brilliant.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #689: Aug 30, 2011 02:09:35 am
      All I know is this, I started watching and learning football under project owl...

Good Lord... if you suffered through that, then you are in for a treat this season! ;D

Quick Reply