Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sebastian Coates Player Thread (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 118928 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Re: Sebastian Coates Player Thread
      Reply #184: Sep 22, 2011 03:22:46 pm
      When people stop questioning my support for the club in a thread when all I have done is talk about the player, unless questioned then I will. Tell it the bloke that took it off topic, not me. I had every right to reply to that.

You been here five minutes and have dragged every topic you are in into slagging matches because you've supported the club for 30 years yet haven't got a clue what the ethos of the club or Liverpool is and won't pipe down even when you are wrong, surely even you can see people, especially scousers are going to take the piss.

And I will be one of those taking the piss!!
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #185: Sep 22, 2011 04:22:23 pm
      You been here five minutes and have dragged every topic you are in into slagging matches because you've supported the club for 30 years yet haven't got a clue what the ethos of the club or Liverpool is and won't pipe down even when you are wrong, surely even you can see people, especially scousers are going to take the piss.

And I will be one of those taking the piss!!

Sorry if my opinions don’t sit, you have already said why you have a problem with me & that reason is pathetic. You took something massively out of context & cried about it. So tbh I don’t even think this is about my opinions of the club. Since then you have followed me, picking up on any little thing you think you can twist for reasons known only to you. You keep taking things way off topic (I have every right to reply to the crap levelled at me)

I fully understand Ethos of the club & the City & I don’t agree with some of the links. I support the club, not the City. When I am wrong & proved so, I take on board what’s been said. If an apology is then required I always offer one. That would be factually based wrong, not opinionated wrong.

You think you are taking the piss? I think you struggle to find something to piss from! (btw – that was a humorous remark & not sent as a vitriolic diatribe)

I’m fed up with this, not the chat I quite enjoy it. It’s the basic lack of respect you are making me show the forum & fellow users by going off topic & replying to your lies & rubbish. Can we just agree to stop?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #186: Sep 22, 2011 04:23:35 pm
      only hope he improves from the way he has played so far
      did someone say he wasnt slow?
      he didnt look too quick to me last nite just hope the way he played was nerves

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #187: Sep 22, 2011 04:25:32 pm
      Sorry if my opinions don’t sit, you have already said why you have a problem with me & that reason is pathetic. You took something massively out of context & cried about it. So tbh I don’t even think this is about my opinions of the club. Since then you have followed me, picking up on any little thing you think you can twist for reasons known only to you. You keep taking things way off topic (I have every right to reply to the crap levelled at me)

I fully understand Ethos of the club & the City & I don’t agree with some of the links. I support the club, not the City. When I am wrong & proved so, I take on board what’s been said. If an apology is then required I always offer one. That would be factually based wrong, not opinionated wrong.

You think you are taking the piss? I think you struggle to find something to piss from! (btw – that was a humorous remark & not sent as a vitriolic diatribe)

I’m fed up with this, not the chat I quite enjoy it. It’s the basic lack of respect you are making me show the forum & fellow users by going off topic & replying to your lies & rubbish. Can we just agree to stop?

Learnt your lesson then?

Never F**k with the Huyton Baddies!!  8)
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #188: Sep 22, 2011 04:30:48 pm

He wasnt quick enough to get back to get to the ball. Thats the bottom line.

Perhaps - but a good throughball and a well timed run will always undo a defender. Unless we sign Bolt this will always happen...
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #189: Sep 22, 2011 04:33:20 pm
      Perhaps - but a good throughball and a well timed run will always undo a defender. Unless we sign Bolt this will always happen...

I agree, it was a well timed run & a good pass. I'm not knocking the lad, just saying he hasnt got the quickest turn of pace. I have very high hopes for him & Kelly as CB's in the not to distant future
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #190: Sep 22, 2011 05:22:47 pm
      Never f**k with the Huyton Baddies!!  8)
      ;D
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #191: Sep 22, 2011 08:35:05 pm
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #192: Sep 24, 2011 09:58:32 am
      Needs time that is all. Think he can be a top player for us
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #193: Sep 24, 2011 10:40:58 am
      Needs time that is all. Think he can be a top player for us

What the difference in "needs time" and not good enough in corbally world? Why you willing to overlook this lads howlers, which their have been a few. But other players you jump on the back of?

For the record I hope he comes good.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #194: Sep 24, 2011 10:56:31 am
      Well the lad is 20 and from the other side of the world. Coming from a much slower league. Not rocket science gazza he will need time to adapt.  He is not premiership proven like some of our other signings.  Just out of interest what is the numerous howlers you talk about i only remember one against brighton with the ball across the back
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #195: Sep 24, 2011 11:04:38 am
      Well the lad is 20 and from the other side of the world. Coming from a much slower league. Not rocket science gazza he will need time to adapt.  He is not premiership proven like some of our other signings.  Just out of interest what is the numerous howlers you talk about I only remember one against brighton with the ball across the back

Numerous hoofs, the ball across the back like you said, over committing himself in the tackle that was partly responsible for Defoes first, there have been enough in his first couple of outings that cause me worry but like I said I will give him time.

But like you said coming from a slower league I would of expected him to at least try and play football on

the deck rather than hoof it. Having said that he has shown some glimpses of what he may become as have all our new signings. I just find it puzzling that some get singled out for you rants and others ( from other leagues ;) ) get the kid glove treatment.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #196: Sep 24, 2011 11:15:47 am
      Some people see something in lads others dont. Simple as that only two of Kenny signings i dont rate. That is low when you consider Kenny signed 8 outfield players since he arrived
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #197: Sep 24, 2011 02:01:40 pm
      Just needs a few games to get some confidence and also a few more to get used to the pace of the game over here.

Showed that he's dominant in the air and also can read the game pretty well. A few mistimed tackles and poor passes from the back but that will improve with time.

I do think that he needs a run of games to settle in though. Don't think this 'play him for one game then put him on the bench' tactic is going to work well.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #198: Oct 27, 2011 12:24:58 am
      Outside of that horrible error i thought he actually looked pretty damn good.

Once he learns and gets more experienced he is going to  be a keeper much more so then Danny Wilson.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #199: Oct 27, 2011 12:27:59 am
      Thought he was a giant in that second half, good character to get over his mistake.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2011 12:39:55 am by thereds13 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #200: Oct 27, 2011 12:51:12 am
      If in doubt put it out!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #201: Oct 27, 2011 02:38:16 am
      Very impressed with Coates tonight, apart from the error which led to their goal he had a real solid performance and played extremely well.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #202: Oct 27, 2011 06:16:24 am
      Agree, he had a f***ing boss performance, apart from his mistake.

He truly made up for that mistake, and he's gonna be a big, big player for us in the near future.

Well done lad.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #203: Oct 27, 2011 06:34:03 am
      excellent tonight baring the one mistake, not afraid to mix it up and showed quality
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #204: Oct 27, 2011 08:00:21 am
      Agreed, he was immense. Top shift from him and looked really comfortable.

His next test will be against a team who likes to play behind the lines and constantly move the ball.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #205: Oct 27, 2011 09:20:15 am

Was screaming that at the telly last night! Just nod it out son...

But coming in against a team that play the brand of football they do he has a blinding game. Strong in the air and in the tackle - got stuck in. When he saw those long throws coming in he must have wondered where the hell he was - i bet he hasent had to deal with that before!

High hopes for this lad... Well done!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #206: Oct 27, 2011 10:18:34 am
      Didnt see any of the game but glad to read the positive posts.

The bloke on SSN said the same after the game that apart from the mistake he was very solid.

Quick Reply