Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Top 10 Players in world football

Read 12105 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Top 10 Players in world
      Reply #46: Sep 10, 2011 05:42:38 am
      If you want a dream team, mine would be ..

Reina/Casillas

Alves           Pique                           Agger?         Lahm

Xavi

Gerrard                         Iniesta

Ronaldo                       Messi                            Suarez
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #47: Sep 10, 2011 06:12:14 am

Suarez says "Not sure if serious..."

Hahaha on current form yes, I've tried to be unbiased  and at the same time think to be top 10 players Suarez needs to prove it for another half season. No doubting his quality though, just needs to further prove it... Maybe win a premier league :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #48: Sep 10, 2011 06:13:43 am
      Dream Team:

Reina

Alves        Pique        Vidic      Lahm

Lucas :)

Xavi           Iniesta

Ronaldo        Messi       Suarez

With a bench of Casillas, Thiago Silva, Mascherano, Thiago Alacantara, David Silva, Rooney and Crouch - for if the sh*t hits the fan and I want to hoof it up play a little more direct :P

That would beat any team in the world :)
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2011 06:19:34 am by fields of anny rd »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #49: Sep 10, 2011 11:46:15 am
        1. Lionel Messi
        2. Christiano Ronaldo
        3. Steven Gerrard
        4. Xavi Hernandez
        5. Carlos Tevez
        6. Wayne Rooney
        7. Sergio Aguero
        8. Luis Suarez
        9. David Silva
      10. Wesley Sneijder

Really hard to do that when it actually came down to deciding.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #50: Sep 10, 2011 12:02:05 pm
      i think there's quite a bit of Liveprool bias here :laugh:

Have no idea what Gerrard's done within last 2 years to be deserved a place in the top 10 players in the world. Especially when he's placed ahead of Xavi, Iniesta and the likes who's performed to a much higher standard and won much more recently.

My top 10 would be:

1) Lionel Messi 
      2) Christiano Ronaldo
      3) Xavi Hernandez
      4) Wayne Rooney
      5) Andres Iniesta 
      6) Carlos Tevez
      7) Kun Aguero
      8) Luis Suarez
      9) David Silva
      10) Luka Modric

StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #51: Sep 10, 2011 12:13:28 pm
      Dream Team:

Reina

Alves        Pique        Vidic      Lahm

Lucas :)

Xavi           Iniesta

Ronaldo        Messi       Suarez

With a bench of Casillas, Thiago Silva, Mascherano, Thiago Alacantara, David Silva, Rooney and Crouch - for if the sh*t hits the fan and I want to hoof it up play a little more direct :P

That would beat any team in the world :)

Gonna need this fella aswell then...

AnfieldIron
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #52: Sep 10, 2011 12:42:43 pm
      I think the only automatic choice in a top ten would be Messi.  There are numerous contenders for the other nine places and most would probably come from Barca and Real.  Best Liverpool options at present would be Suarez and Lucas.  I think Sneijder would be the only one from Serie A right now.  Other PL contenders would be Rooney, Vidic, Silva, Aguero, Yaya and perhaps Mata.  Difficult question, really, but it's a variation on the usual "pick your best team".
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #53: Sep 10, 2011 12:56:18 pm
      I've already posted my team in here, but I'll give the top 10 a go:

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
      2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
      3. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
      4. Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona)
      5. Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
      6. Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United)
      7. Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)
      8. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
      9. David Villa (Barcelona)
      10. Gerard Pique (Barcelona)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #54: Sep 10, 2011 01:56:24 pm
      Then why the f**k start a topic asking if you're just gonna come in a dictate it then.

I see the point, but at the same time he aint perfect. He scores goals and is damn good, but his fault is going missing when his team needs him most at times. That is an important factor in deciding these kinda things.

I'd be damn close to putting him at number 2, maybe. But he is far from perfect in my eyes, considering he has a few years on Messi.

People keep saying how good Xavi and iniesta are, so that means Messi has the service of these two great players. Ronaldo does not and he still manages the same return in goals in a worse team. And to the argument hd does not do it in big games is bull.

And Adryan to your argument that ronaldo never shines in el Classico vs Messi, real Madrid never have the ball for him to compete! I bet ronaldo would win that battle if they swapped shirts.

I do think Messi is better but without question ronaldo second!
      Bier
      Reply #55: Sep 10, 2011 02:06:33 pm
      People keep saying how good Xavi and iniesta are, so that means Messi has the service of these two great players. Ronaldo does not and he still manages the same return in goals in a worse team.
      Bedcause Ozil/Kaka and Alonso are horrible players who don't give Ronaldo any servive at all.

I think it's funny you're asking for people's opinions, and then when they do tell them they're biased and wrong.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #56: Sep 10, 2011 03:01:32 pm
      Bedcause Ozil/Kaka and Alonso are horrible players who don't give Ronaldo any servive at all.

I think it's funny you're asking for people's opinions, and then when they do tell them they're biased and wrong.
      Did I say they were bad? I just said when playing against barca, he never performs because they never have the ball!! And because I am looking for opinions, does not mean I can't argue with what people say! This is a forum. It's what we do!

Bier
      Reply #57: Sep 10, 2011 03:30:54 pm
      Did I say they were bad? I just said when playing against barca, he never performs because they never have the ball!! And because I am looking for opinions, does not mean I can't argue with what people say! This is a forum. It's what we do!
      Read back to what I quoted. You were trying to make a point by implying Ronaldo did not have the service of great players.

First you ask for people's opinions, then you dismiss those opinions by saying they're biased and that it's not even questionable. Very good arguments that leave alot of room for debate. Newsflash, opinions are biased. And you can't first ask for opinions, and then when it differs from yours act like your opinion is fact. It's nothing more than your opinion.
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2011 03:46:45 pm by Bier »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #58: Sep 10, 2011 03:46:26 pm
      People keep saying how good Xavi and iniesta are, so that means Messi has the service of these two great players. Ronaldo does not and he still manages the same return in goals in a worse team. And to the argument hd does not do it in big games is bull.

And Adryan to your argument that ronaldo never shines in el Classico vs Messi, real Madrid never have the ball for him to compete! I bet ronaldo would win that battle if they swapped shirts.

I do think Messi is better but without question ronaldo second!

:lmao: Whatever. If its without question then you should just F***ing ask for 3-10, not ask for the full top 10 and then rip everyone when they pick against your apparently 100% fool-proof logic :roll:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #59: Sep 10, 2011 05:37:01 pm

Exactly. Real Madrid are not as good as Barça but they're still head and shoulders above the rest of the Spanish league. So him having a good return is no surprise at all.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #60: Sep 10, 2011 11:11:22 pm
      Anyone looking at if from an unbiased view will clearly see Messi and ronaldo are well ahead in the top two places. Then the debate starts from 3 to 10.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #61: Sep 11, 2011 06:23:36 am
      Anyone looking at if from an unbiased view will clearly see Messi and ronaldo are well ahead in the top two places. Then the debate starts from 3 to 10.

Then F**k off and start another thread then. This thread is for top 10 isnt it? Shut the F**k up about trying to dictate opinion in a topic you started asking the question. There is a good few players id want at Liverpool ahead of Ronaldo, cos he has the attitude of a c**t. Messi however has a much better attitude IMO and record to boot. Much more to it than pure statistics. So F**k off with your sh*t about "oh he scored 50-odd" - he still has many issues many fans od more teams than just Liverpool have issues with. I have no doubt about his abilities, but it aint so cut and dry. and to start a topic like this and then come back in and criticize everyopne who disagrees a bit is just F***ing retarded
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #62: Sep 11, 2011 07:17:05 am
      No way, PG.

I'm being unbiased and I think Ronaldo is not the top two players in the world. He's overrated and his crapiness is overshadowed by his record of scoring 50-odd goals. 50-odd goals so what? 15 of them are probably a combination of tap ins and penalties.

Messi scored 53 goals, made like 24 assists and that's almost 100 goals he's played a part in for Barcelona just last year. Other than scoring that one off header winner against Barca in the Copa del Rey, where was Ronaldo in the other four matches? Sulking and throwing his tantrums.

And yeah, you asked us in our honest opinion so I don't think there's a need to criticise those who don't agree with your top 10.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Sep 11, 2011 08:25:02 am

No Drogba? Terry? Lampard?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #64: Sep 11, 2011 09:25:11 am
      i just realised PG actually STARTED this thread with the words 'in your opinion' then on EVERY PAGE manages to tell people their opinion is wrong. absolutely amazing.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #65: Sep 11, 2011 11:39:29 am
      1. Messi
      2. Xavi
      3. Ronaldo
      4. Iniesta
      5. David Silva
      6. Aguero
      7. Suarez
      8. Rooney
      9. Villa
      10. Alonso

Still the likes of Gerrard, Pique, Sneijder, Fabregas and maybe even Nasri who could be in and around that lot. When he's fit I'd definitely have Gerrard in there.

For my best XI (which is a lot harder than picking a top 10!) I'd have :

Reina

Alves      Pique      Ramos      Cole     

Alonso
              Xavi                 Iniesta

Suarez         Messi            Ronaldo
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #66: Sep 11, 2011 11:53:57 am
      I think this is a bit difficult to be honest. I don't get how you can compare a CB to a ST really in terms of who's 'better'.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #67: Sep 12, 2011 01:06:44 am
      I just realised PG actually STARTED this thread with the words 'in your opinion' then on EVERY PAGE manages to tell people their opinion is wrong. absolutely amazing.
      Yeah, I asked for your opinions.

Didn't say I was not going to argue or disagree with them?

The way Adyran just dismisses his 53 goals above is hilarious!!! We are Liverpool fans, he is a United legend so I knew bias would come in to play but some of it is completely retarded!
      No way, PG.

I'm being unbiased and I think Ronaldo is not the top two players in the world. He's overrated and his crapiness is overshadowed by his record of scoring 50-odd goals. 50-odd goals so what? 15 of them are probably a combination of tap ins and penalties.

Messi scored 53 goals, made like 24 assists and that's almost 100 goals he's played a part in for Barcelona just last year. Other than scoring that one off header winner against Barca in the Copa del Rey, where was Ronaldo in the other four matches? Sulking and throwing his tantrums.

And yeah, you asked us in our honest opinion so I don't think there's a need to criticise those who don't agree with your top 10.
      That is just hilarious!!

Ad I respect your opinion on lots of things, always like your posts but that is completely taking the piss!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #68: Sep 12, 2011 01:29:06 am
      Yeah, I asked for your opinions.

Didn't say I was not going to argue or disagree with them?

There's a difference between disagreement and being an utter dick about things. You are calling everyone who disagrees biased and that their opinion sucks, basically - when the number 2 spot is somewhat contentious. How do you value a player so simply like that? As Chats said, how do you compare a CB to a ST? What if a CB has singlehandedly saved your team from a goal against 53 times in a season with great defensive work, and maybe he has knocked in a few goals himself, made a few good plays leading to goals, etc etc.

Your view on rating players is far too simplistic, and your attitude towards those who disagree stinks. There are certain things that are not up for discussion as it is pretty well known, but situations like this do bring up a differing of opinions and you shouldn't be so dismissive of those who may bring up a differing viewpoint - especially when you brought up the damn question.

EDIT: To add, i was going through a few lists in my head and weighing up different factors - and i switched back and forth on having Ronaldo at 2. So i'm not disagreeing completely, he makes a damn good case for it and is a great player. One i will remember watching all my life, despite not liking him all that much - but you asked for discussion, so don't be a dick about it.

Quick Reply