Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Dalglish: Premier League refs showing Liverpool disrespect

Read 21423 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Re: Dalglish: Premier League refs showing Liverpool disrespect
      Reply #207: Sep 21, 2011 09:56:15 am
      Not being familiar some time back with the nickname for the spuds ie Yids when somebody used it on the forum I was up in arms because it is an acknowledged insult to anyone of a Jewish persuasion. The poster replied with words to the effect that it was just a nickname together with some agreement from other people, this however is proof that if a term is used often enough it becomes familiar and any relevant offense smoothed over.
      It is an offensive term and has always been regarded as such, it is no coincidence that yer Landan clubs have some far right groups who would sieze on and delight in any racial disharmony and with this in mind the use of such derogatory terms should be discouraged.

On topic: Chelsea boss Andre Villa Boas it seems has also noticed some discrepancy amongst officials behaviour when on Sunday after their 3-1 defeat by manUre replays showed that their first two goals had been scored from offside positions.
      He was very unhappy with the standard of refereeing that had such a decisive role in the result and said "I don't take it very lightly, you expect the linesman to do his job".

Ring any bells?
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2011 11:14:29 am by stuey »
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #208: Sep 21, 2011 10:41:15 am

On topic: Chelsea boss Andre Villa Boas it seems has also noticed some discrepancy amongst officials behaviour when on Sunday after their 3-1 defeat by manUre replays showed that their first two goals had been scored from offside positions.
      He was very unhappy with the standard of refereeing that had such a decisive role in the result and said "I don't take it very lightly, you expect the linesman to do his job".

Ring any bells?

Silly really, he needs to look at his own players shortcommings. The ref made Torres & Ramieres miss did he? That was offside, but it was so tight & at pace. Are they not supposed to give the benefit to the attacking side as well? I'll also add as offiside as it was (just) the defending was fukking shocking!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #209: Sep 21, 2011 11:05:48 am
      Silly really, he needs to look at his own players shortcommings. The ref made Torres & Ramieres miss did he? That was offside, but it was so tight & at pace. Are they not supposed to give the benefit to the attacking side as well? I'll also add as offiside as it was (just) the defending was fukking shocking!
      What involvement has the referee got with effect concerning Torres, Ramieres or Uncle Tom Cobbley missing opportunities? The fact remains that they did not do their job to a satisfactory standard.
      The picture springs to mind of a manUre player in an offside position slotting the ball home and before the mancs go manic the officials having blown for the goal are all running back to the half way line to re-spot the ball, oblivious to any objections or actual events.
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2011 11:16:10 am by stuey »
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #210: Sep 21, 2011 11:24:10 am
      What involvement has the referee got with effect concerning Torres, Ramieres or Uncle Tom Cobbley missing opportunities? The fact remains that they did not do their job to a satisfactory standard.
      The picture springs to mind of a manUre player in an offside position slotting the ball home and before the mancs go manic the officials having blown for the goal are all running back to the half way line to re-spot the ball, oblivious to any objections or actual events.

Like I said it was a close call, & the benefit should be given to the attacking side. Agree or disagree? You get some, you don't get some. Fact is it was terrible defending & that caused the ball going into the net. A far worse and easier mistake to make was made by Chelsea than the officials. It wasnt a clear cut oh my god moment at all.

I agree that refs do make mistakes, of course they do & sometimes it changes a game. I dont agree any do it on purpose or have some kind of vendetta & I also dont think they make as many mistakes as players & managers. Its the easy way out when you lose a match, blame someone else.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #211: Sep 21, 2011 11:37:05 am

Like I said it was a close call, & the benefit should be given to the attacking side. Agree or disagree? You get some, you don't get some. Fact is it was terrible defending & that caused the ball going into the net. A far worse and easier mistake to make was made by Chelsea than the officials. It wasnt a clear cut oh my god moment at all.

I agree that refs do make mistakes, of course they do & sometimes it changes a game. I dont agree any do it on purpose or have some kind of vendetta & I also dont think they make as many mistakes as players & managers. Its the easy way out when you lose a match, blame someone else.
      The fact remains that if technology were available a fairer system of judging match changing decisions would be in place and not subject to "mind games", player protest or the influence of a disproportionate mass of home support.
      Particular clubs would not strictly benefit from 99.9% correct decisions specifically those who take advantage of the factors mentioned.   
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #212: Sep 21, 2011 11:44:21 am

There was an article a while back from an ex-player who explained how different players were used to target the ref during the course of a game in order to influence his decisions, when and how to put pressure on him, when and how to try and get decisions changed - not so that that particular decision would be changed but to make the ref think twice the NEXT time.

manu clearly get decisions given in their favour nearly EVERY match, that other teams don't.

There is a clear agenda with refs regarding some teams - that's bias, that's cheating.

Like stuey says, technology would sort this problem out, but because the FA, UEFA, FIFA are so F***ing corrupt, they don't want it introduced.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #213: Sep 21, 2011 12:05:46 pm
      The fact remains that if technology were available a fairer system of judging match changing decisions would be in place and not subject to "mind games", player protest or the influence of a disproportionate mass of home support.
      Particular clubs would not strictly benefit from 99.9% correct decisions specifically those who take advantage of the factors mentioned.  

I cant disagree, but I dont want technology as such in the game. IMO it would spoil it. Where would it end? You also sometimes get different ex players disagreeing over incidents, what happens if you look at a reply & still cant decide? Im pretty sure there will always be something else to blame. I dont know why it isnt trialled at least though. I dont think games are fixed over here, I dont want to think that. It would ruin everything if what people elude to about refs is true. Then you have to ask who has ever won anything, brings our own success into question. Or are we saying all these so called mistakes & the corruption have only just starting being made?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #214: Sep 21, 2011 06:58:24 pm
      I cant disagree, but I dont want technology as such in the game. IMO it would spoil it. Where would it end? You also sometimes get different ex players disagreeing over incidents, what happens if you look at a reply & still cant decide? Im pretty sure there will always be something else to blame. I dont know why it isnt trialled at least though. I dont think games are fixed over here, I dont want to think that. It would ruin everything if what people elude to about refs is true. Then you have to ask who has ever won anything, brings our own success into question. Or are we saying all these so called mistakes & the corruption have only just starting being made?
      How exactly would it spoil anything? The biggest spoiler is the blatant cheating and faulted decision making that are an increasing occurance.
      Goal line technology is all that is required and would erradicate the questionable judgement sometimes of the human ingredient in penalty and offside decisions at least. The same technology if used on a wider scale for fouls, throw ins etc would be impractical.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #215: Sep 22, 2011 09:43:07 am
      How exactly would it spoil anything? The biggest spoiler is the blatant cheating and faulted decision making that are an increasing occurance.
      Goal line technology is all that is required and would erradicate the questionable judgement sometimes of the human ingredient in penalty and offside decisions at least. The same technology if used on a wider scale for fouls, throw ins etc would be impractical.

It might make the game stop -start, I dunno. You no for sure it wouldnt? Also if as you say its blatent cheating and not mistakes then there will be ways around it. What about close calls that get pawed over after the match sometimes never agreed on? Would they still be labelled cheating calls by the 4th official. Where would you want it to end as well? Throw inns? Fouls? Just offsides & goal line? You answer that I see, but that is a concern as I cant help but think once the offsides etc are sorted then something else would need to be blamed. Who deciedes it goes to the 4th official? When is the game stopped to do that? Might a manager demand a review when his team is being counter attacked just to break up play? I have no answers, just questions. I have loved watching football for years & whilst its changed it hasnt changed enough for me to warrant such a huge change in the way its reffed.

Also, when did all this cheating start then?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #216: Sep 22, 2011 09:56:58 am
      It might make the game stop -start, I dunno. You no for sure it wouldnt? Also if as you say its blatent cheating and not mistakes then there will be ways around it. What about close calls that get pawed over after the match sometimes never agreed on? Would they still be labelled cheating calls by the 4th official. Where would you want it to end as well? Throw inns? Fouls? Just offsides & goal line? You answer that I see, but that is a concern as I cant help but think once the offsides etc are sorted then something else would need to be blamed. Who deciedes it goes to the 4th official? When is the game stopped to do that? Might a manager demand a review when his team is being counter attacked just to break up play? I have no answers, just questions. I have loved watching football for years & whilst its changed it hasnt changed enough for me to warrant such a huge change in the way its reffed.

I think goal line technology should be introduced but nothing else.

I agree with what you say and think football will die a fast death if it becomes too stop / start.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #217: Sep 22, 2011 10:16:15 am
      If it was utilised in the right way then it wouldn't be too stop start, if the gamne was allowed to play on and only pulled back for any contentious decisions then it could be utilised in the right way.

Take the Chelsea - United match as an example, two of their goals were scored by a player in an off side position, had it been pulled back for those reasons, that game would have finished 1-1 and at the end of a 38 game league campaign, those two goals could decide a title.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #218: Sep 22, 2011 10:20:10 am
      If it was utilised in the right way then it wouldn't be too stop start, if the gamne was allowed to play on and only pulled back for any contentious decisions then it could be utilised in the right way.

& here lies the problem, who deceides if it is contentious or not? When is the game stopped & pulled back. During a counter attack? When a defence is under siege?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #219: Sep 22, 2011 03:41:43 pm
      Don't want video tech at all during a game, but we should change the laws of the game so we can act retrospectively, even if a player has already been caustioned.  For me, referee mistakes are a part of the game, as much as a defensive error or a scuffed shot when clean through. I want the cheating removed though and I'm afraid that's the players & not the refs, who I wholeheartedly believe make honest mistakes.  Start cautioning players for claiming throw-ins, fouls, etc., make them play to the whistle.  Have the ref view the game afterwards as well and submit anything he missed or feels should be changed, caution wise, into his match report.  And it's not like video evidence solves everything, people have still seen things differently having watched video evidence.  Should also make refs answer pre-selected questions from the media, after reviewing the game. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #220: Sep 22, 2011 03:46:44 pm
      & here lies the problem, who deceides if it is contentious or not? When is the game stopped & pulled back. During a counter attack? When a defence is under siege?

Well a contentious decision is simple is it not, if lets presume a goal is scored by a player in an offside position, the goal gets scratched off and the game restarts with a freekick to the opposition, It would take 30 seconds to rule on a decision like that so its hardly going to ruin the game as the team that scored would still most likely be celebrating.

It could be used to good effect under the right circumstances.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #221: Sep 22, 2011 03:59:04 pm

What cheating, the same cheating that has gone on at least since the late 80s in England!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #222: Sep 22, 2011 04:02:18 pm
      What cheating, the same cheating that has gone on at least since the late 80s in England!!

Earlier than that, few notable cases in the 70's.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #223: Sep 22, 2011 09:07:52 pm
      I think it is time now that football dragged itself into the 21st century and introduced goaline technology, the game itself is changing not only with the pace of the game but with players themselves, they are alot fitter and healthier and are more like athletes, refs on the other hand are not and although they have to have a standard of fitness to deal with modern football they are no where near the level of a top pro footballer,

there are advantages and disadvantages of the technology needed, i think most fans nowadays would accept goaline technology if it meant that contentious decisions were taken care of in a matter of moments rather than being the sole purpose of debate after the final whistle, whether it went for you or against, however, the powers at be will not move forward because they want to remain in total control of the game as a whole, look at the pathetic directive used in European competitions,

they introduced two extra assistant referees behind each goal and they are a complete waste of time, i have yet to witness or hear of  any sort of contribution from them during a match, what exactly is the point in them being there ? the referees themselves have independant adjudicator in the stand watching thier every decision, but they are employed by the governing body and therefore under under their control, if the refs dont follow the criteria set by that govering body they the refs can and will be  subject to disciplinary action, in other words the have to follow the letter of the law and are not allowed to use any sort of common sense,goaline technology would not rule out the cheating and the conning of refs, to do that we need to have a independant committee working with the referees and ex-footballers. devoid of the FA, UEFA, FIFA etc, and come up with a change in the law so that it would allow refs to punish those who blatantly cheat or try and con, for instance, swearing at the officails, yellow card, swear again your off, a blatant dive, yellow card and a 1 match ban, that sort of thing,refs need to get tougher simple as, players just take the piss now and can get away with ill discipline,

goaline technology would sort out whether a ball crossed the line, whether a defender got to the ball first, or if a player dived to gain a pen, or if a hand ball was deliberate or not, all these scenarios can lead to points gained or lost and could mean a club gets relegated or promoted, as for the time taken up to find the right decision it would take no longer than a player having to come off the pitch after receiving treatment from the physio, we all want the best for the game, and its time now for the refs to have as much help as possible to come up with the fairest decision.its the only way forward.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #224: Sep 23, 2011 09:59:12 am

Thought so!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #225: Sep 23, 2011 10:10:02 am
      i don't think they've worked out how to add goal line technology and keep match fixing going .. that would be the obvious road block there.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #226: Sep 23, 2011 10:26:08 am
      I don't think they've worked out how to add goal line technology and keep match fixing going .. that would be the obvious road block there.

Yeah cos over a season goals are given or not so many times. How many times has a game been won or lost due to the ball going over the line or not & the decision going the wrong way. So is it really worth it? I do however agree its easy to sort about the ball going over the line, but at what level? Would you just have it in the Prem & therefore football becomes different at the top level?

If its used for offsides is it only to be used when a goal is given (wrongly) & then when looked back on disallowed? What about if a linesman flags & the player isnt offside, to late then you cant go back and play the point so to speak again like you can in tennis (a sport people bring up in the arguement)

I think the main thing TV should be used for is off the ball stuff, diving & when the refs made a mistake with regards to cards etc. A panel should sit & judge games after & if someone needs a ban or whatever for something the ref didnt spot or got blatenly wrong then so be it
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #227: Sep 23, 2011 11:58:41 am
      & here lies the problem, who deceides if it is contentious or not?

Let the managers (or captains) decide, give them three appeals. 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #228: Sep 23, 2011 12:43:46 pm

Or a "technical aide" who would monitor the game in the dugout, he then flags it to the manager, who then signals the ref or 4th official.
      If on review the decision stands, then the team loses 1 appeal, if it is overturned the team keep the appeal.
      A bit like cricket :)
      Best suggestion yet TKID
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #229: Sep 23, 2011 12:51:11 pm

Yep, same as tennis. Look how brilliant it works there.

Quick Reply