Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)

Read 110562 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Gaston Ramirez (Bologna)
      Reply #184: Jun 30, 2012 04:22:25 pm
      Your point?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #185: Jun 30, 2012 04:26:34 pm

Money talks as does recent success, maybe what he is trying to say is that although personnel may persuade him to come, money and recent success is held in higher regard.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #186: Jun 30, 2012 04:30:59 pm
      Money talks as does recent success, maybe what he is trying to say is that although personnel may persuade him to come, money and recent success is held in higher regard.
      Ok, point taken, but have faith.
      IF all variables are equal, i think Luis and Seba might edge it for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #187: Jun 30, 2012 04:46:31 pm
      Ok, point taken, but have faith.
      IF all variables are equal, i think Luis and Seba might edge it for us.

Hopefully, would love to have him here, by the looks of that video of him in training he looks like an individual whom just loves to play football.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #188: Jun 30, 2012 05:17:40 pm
      For good imformation on this lad I think you should read QuicoGalante's post on reply number 161.He has all the gen on players from Uruguay as that is his base,he was very accurate about Coates when we signed him.

with all the respect to quicogalante. His opinion would be subjective, as opinions tends to be. Two different persons would describe same thing/person totally different. As dexter said before we bought that suarez isnt worth 26 mil and he isnt worldclass and he watched ajax more regular then me.
      What i am trying to say is that nobody can say for sure if ramirez worth the money or not.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #189: Jun 30, 2012 08:26:56 pm
      with all the respect to quicogalante. His opinion would be subjective, as opinions tends to be. Two different persons would describe same thing/person totally different. As dexter said before we bought that suarez isnt worth 26 mil and he isnt worldclass and he watched ajax more regular then me.
      What i am trying to say is that nobody can say for sure if ramirez worth the money or not.
      I think we are at cross purposes here mate,I do not recall mentioning the players monetary value.What I said was read QuicoGalante's posts,he lives I believe in Uruguay and has first hand knowledge of players from that area and South America. I prefer to take the word of QuicoGalante than someone who knows bugger all about the player in this case.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #190: Jul 01, 2012 04:19:17 am
      An opinion is by definition subjective. What i said is that i believe he could be great for Liverpool if he is played in a more central role, as playmaker. Dont think he would be a good winger in the english style. But who knows? Thats just an opinion based on what ive seen from the lad, and ive seen him live more times than most lads here have seen him on YouTube.

I might be wrong, because footie isnt an exact science, ;D, but that is just my opinion.

Bottom line, he is a class player, elegant, with a good set of skills. Not a super dribbler like Suarez, but more of a Kaka style of feint player. Good passer, great passer between the lines, decent shot. Not sure about his attitude, never quite figured the guy out.

Could turn out to be just a good player, or develop to be a top player. Worth a punt, considering our recent purchases.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #191: Jul 01, 2012 03:02:42 pm
      Found this piece, and its pretty much spot on about Gaston
      REPORTAGE | Football & Sport
      Liverpool Target Gaston Ramirez: The Perfect Fit For Brendan Rogers’ Anfield Revolution
      By Alex Woo
      Posted: 30 June 2012
      Tags: Football, Liverpool, uruguay
      Rate This Article:

Liverpool have reportedly tabled a bid for young Uruguayan starlet Gaston Ramirez, and should he arrive he could be just as successful as his controversial countryman at Anfield.

The recent success of Uruguay at international level over recent years has certainly caught the eye: Oscar Tarbarez’s side have won plenty of plaudits for their effective, attacking football, culminating in their victory at the 2011 Copa America tournament. The likes of Luis Suarez and Edison Cavani are undoubtedly recognised world-class players, and there are a crop of talented youngsters coming through hoping to emulate the success of their compatriots, such as Sebastian Coates, Abel Hernandez and Bologna’s Gaston Ramirez, the latter of whom has long been linked with Liverpool, and reports this weekend have suggested that the Reds have made an official bid for the young attacking midfielder.

Having joined Bologna in 2010 in a €2.5m move from Penarol, Ramirez has really gone on to establish himself as one of the hottest young talents in Europe. He showed great promise during his debut season in Italy, yet he failed to become a regular starter under then Bologna coach Alberto Malesani, making 17 starts (and 10 substitute appearances) in all competitions, whilst scoring 7 goals – a very respectable return given his limited playing time. It wasn’t until Stefano Piolo took over as head coach in October 2011 that he really started to flourish and consistently show his talents, scoring 8 goals in 28 starts. When Piolo took over, the Rossoblu were bottom of the table without a win all season, yet he led them to a 9th place finish in Serie A; a remarkable achievement for a cash-strapped club whose realistic ambitions are simply to stay in the division.

It is easy to see why Ramirez is coveted by a whole host of Europe’s elite; he has everything to his game. His elegant playing style is a joy to watch, his intelligence when in possession belies his age, and his all round technique is fantastic. In a world where the diminutive playmaker is now all the rage, at 6ft Ramirez is far more physically imposing, which would stand him in good stead should he move to a more laboriously demanding league. Whilst the success rate of players moving from Italy to England over the past decade is far from impressive, those that do go on to impress are generally not players who have come up through the Italian youth system, but rather made their name in Serie A before moving to the Premiership.

His elegant playing style is a joy to watch, his intelligence when in possession belies his age, and his all round technique is fantastic.
      How Ramirez would potentially fit in at Liverpool is unclear, largely down to not knowing what system Brendan Rodgers will use heading in to next season. Should be decide to persist with the 4-3-3 system that brought him great success with Swansea, then it is likely Ramirez would alternate between playing as the most attacking of the midfield three, or as the wide forward on other side of the striker. At Bologna he started off playing wide left, but under Piolo has done his best work playing either as a trequartista or on the right of midfield where he can cut inside on his left foot. On the one hand, you can praise his versatility and ability to perform in a variety of roles, yet on the other hand you can question whether his inability to hold down one single position means that neither the player nor coach really know what his Ramirez’s most effective position is.

There is the sense that Ramirez needs to improve on his off-the-ball work – although that is a criticism that can be levelled at many young players, particularly those that play in attacking positions. He is often the man who is sacrificed in the latter stages of games when a more defensive player is needed to see the game out, and, thus, he rarely finishes 90 minutes (he completed the full game only 7 times in the 10/11 season, and 9 times last season). Brendan Rodgers has always stressed the importance of working hard when not in possession to win the ball back, and in the fast-paced Premiership where players have often been picked for their work ethic and tactical discipline (James Milner, Park Ji Sung and Dirk Kuyt immediately spring to mind), any disinclination to contribute to the defensive side of the game will do nothing to endear him to manager and fans alike.

The Reds are unlikely to be alone in attempting the lure Ramirez to Anfield, and the recent Gylfi Sigurdsson saga – the Icelandic midfielder had looked set to be reunited with Brendan Rodgers at Anfield, but now appears to be on the verge of a move to rivals Tottenham, who offered him a more lucrative contract – has proven that, for all their illustrious history, money talks in the modern game, and, with no Champions League football to offer, Liverpool are going to have to really splash the cash if they want to sign players of Ramirez’s calibre. Whether the club’s American owners will do that, however, after spending the best part of £80m on homegrown talent last season with little return, remains to be seen.

With no Champion’s League football to offer, Liverpool are going to have to really splash the cash if they want to sign players of Ramirez’s calibre
      At 21, there is no rush for Ramirez or Bologna to facilitate a big-money move away from the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara. With Marco Di Vaio, the club’s talismanic veteran striker, having moved to the MLS, the young Uruguayan would likely become the centrepiece of the side should he stay, and another impressive season would drive his price – and interest in the player himself – right up. Any interested parties would also be best served to complete a deal for Ramirez before the upcoming 2012 Olympics, as an impressive showing in London – where Uruguay are amongst the favourites – will only add an extra couple of million euros on to his already substantial price tag.

Gaston Ramirez possesses all the tools to follow in the footsteps of his fellow countryman and be successful at Anfield. He would certainly add creativity and goals from midfield that were sorely lacking from the Reds last season and, whilst he would not come cheap, he fits FSG’s transfer policy of buying younger players with potential before they develop in to world-class stars. Liverpool fans should be hoping, then, that a move for the Fray Bentos born attacker is more than just a pie in the sky.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #192: Jul 01, 2012 03:37:31 pm
      Only thing worrying about that article is that he very rarely finishes the full 90 mins. Is this a stamina issue?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #193: Jul 01, 2012 03:52:29 pm
      Only thing worrying about that article is that he very rarely finishes the full 90 mins. Is this a stamina issue?
      "He is often the man who is sacrificed in the latter stages of games when a more defensive player is needed to see the game out, and, thus, he rarely finishes 90 minutes (he completed the full game only 7 times in the 10/11 season, and 9 times last season)"

Meaning he plays at a team that struggles to stay in the first division. He is usually substituted for defensive players to close the match
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #194: Jul 01, 2012 04:42:58 pm
      I do like Ramirez from what I've seen of him, but I agree with QuicoGalante that he needs to be played centrally. Would bring some nice creativity into the middle.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #195: Jul 02, 2012 08:33:06 pm
      Just seen this hope it is true!!!Lega Calcio @ futbolitaliano
      # Bologna in England granted Gaston Ramirez signing for Liverpool in exchange for 20 million euros
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #196: Jul 02, 2012 09:33:37 pm
      At first I thought this was just the usual rumour that nothing would come of it and I couldn't really care less but now I'm really hoping it happens, seems like a really good player already!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #197: Jul 02, 2012 11:04:07 pm
      Don't know whether to get my hopes up and have them dashed or have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #198: Jul 03, 2012 10:36:28 am
      Don't know whether to get my hopes up and have them dashed or have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

I try the latter but always come back round to the former!! Hard not to be excited when a quality player is linked with what seems like a little bit of credibility but we should learn from the past!!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #199: Jul 03, 2012 05:00:02 pm
      Could Gaston Ramirez Be On His Way To Anfield?

07/03/2012

4 Comments

Picture
      (Inside source but not 100% yet) Apparently Gaston Ramierz could be heading to Liverpool next week for a medical. An inside source has said the fee is believed to be around £18-20m with maybe some add ons to take the total of the transfer to around £22-24m. Gaston Ramierz is supposed to be happy with coming to Anfield to join up with his Uruguyan team mates Suarez and Coates and the chance of regular first team football. As the weekend draws closer we will find out more about this subject but for now all we can say is lets hope this deal happens and is true, would you like Ramierz to join us? Let us know what you think and we will bring you more information about this deal as soon as we find out more.
      http://www.lfcforlife.com/1/post/2012/07/could-gaston-ramierz-be-on-his-way-to-anfield.html :mad: :mad:
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #200: Jul 03, 2012 06:03:20 pm
      Could Gaston Ramirez Be On His Way To Anfield?

07/03/2012

4 Comments

Picture
      (Inside source but not 100% yet) Apparently Gaston Ramierz could be heading to Liverpool next week for a medical. An inside source has said the fee is believed to be around £18-20m with maybe some add ons to take the total of the transfer to around £22-24m. Gaston Ramierz is supposed to be happy with coming to Anfield to join up with his Uruguyan team mates Suarez and Coates and the chance of regular first team football. As the weekend draws closer we will find out more about this subject but for now all we can say is lets hope this deal happens and is true, would you like Ramierz to join us? Let us know what you think and we will bring you more information about this deal as soon as we find out more.
      http://www.lfcforlife.com/1/post/2012/07/could-gaston-ramierz-be-on-his-way-to-anfield.html :mad: :mad:

Whats with the head banging?

You're the one who constantly posts these tenuous links.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #201: Jul 03, 2012 06:07:51 pm
      Why would we pay 20-22 million pounds, when he is valued at 16?
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #202: Jul 03, 2012 06:20:31 pm

Why would you have any concern over finances when we not short of a few bob.? 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #203: Jul 03, 2012 07:01:51 pm

You would know that how exactly?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #204: Jul 03, 2012 07:30:15 pm

Bologna president was quoted as saying "16 million" - don't know if that's pounds or euros.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #205: Jul 03, 2012 07:58:23 pm
      Errrr...TV footage from Friday, with Roberto Zanzi saying Gaston was valued at 20 million Euros...the rest is just the calculators work...
      Couldnt find a video, but here is a piece of his statement:

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/06/28/3207176/bologna-slap-16m-price-tag-on-ramirez

You can find the complete version in la gazzetta dello sport
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #206: Jul 03, 2012 07:59:27 pm
      Bologna president was quoted as saying "16 million" - don't know if that's pounds or euros.
      Bologna Sporting director actually

Quick Reply