Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Downing
      (1.2%)
      Carroll
      (5.6%)
      Suarez
      (7.5%)
      Lucas
      (9.3%)
      Enrique
      (47.8%)
      Reina
      (6.8%)
      Someone else
      (21.7%)

Spurs 4-0 Liverpool: In game chat and post match finger-pointing

Read 77985 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Spurs 4-0 Liverpool: In game chat and post match finger-pointing
      Reply #1265: Sep 19, 2011 04:11:31 pm
      I won't continue to moan, what's more important is what is KK going to do now about the situation? The mess is so terrible I'm no sure where he's going to start with. There has been too many below par games from Adam and Henderson and this cannot continue and I believe KK is smart enough to realise that and will not allow that to continue that willl cost us big time. I'm so upset about our midfield that I now think if my midfield line-up is as shown below, can it possibly bite and one that play with a much faster pace and aggression until the Jan window that we can get some real quality players in :-

Suarez        Carroll

Shelvey       Stevie      Spearing      Bellamy

Enrique       Skrtel       Coates         Kelly

Reyna

At least they will play with true grit, speed and aggresssion. Never mind Shelvey is no winger and over hit passes but he can be a real menace to play against, at least he tried and he'll improve with more game time, much better than the much more expensive version of Henderson that hardly tried going forward except for those side and back passes. Some may say I'm mad with this line-up, but getting thrashed big time at spuds is no fun and at times desperate situations requires drastic actions.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2011 04:20:45 pm by redkop63 »
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1266: Sep 19, 2011 04:30:44 pm
      Could be worse .....could be arsenal:)
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #1267: Sep 19, 2011 04:42:09 pm
      You can argue that Adam and Skrtel's first yellows were technically yellow card challenges, but they are never given, if they are it is only after a few warnings.  If you are booking a player for those challenges, you will end up with 8 v 8.  The ref did not apply the same strict standards to their players that he did to ours - Parker handball was a yellow card according to the rules, the foul on Suarez that the ref ignored led to his yellow for what? Clapping his hands.  Ridiculous. 

I've got to say I totally agree with this.
      I watched the Mancs game against Chelsea after ours and the ref let numerous dodgy challenges go before he finally booked a player ,  our ref gave no warning , he just booked them. He did not however apply the same strict code to the Spurs players. Not making an excuse , there isn't one , just making the point!
      Too many refs these days aren't fit enough to cope with the pace of today's game. Too many of them apply the rules as they interpret them . We need consistency of refereeing , until we get that we are a professional game being controlled by amateurs.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1268: Sep 19, 2011 05:03:17 pm
      I won't continue to moan, what's more important is what is KK going to do now about the situation? The mess is so terrible I'm no sure where he's going to start with. There has been too many below par games from Adam and Henderson and this cannot continue and I believe KK is smart enough to realise that and will not allow that to continue that willl cost us big time. I'm so upset about our midfield that I now think if my midfield line-up is as shown below, can it possibly bite and one that play with a much faster pace and aggression until the Jan window that we can get some real quality players in :-

Suarez        Carroll

Shelvey       Stevie      Spearing      Bellamy

Enrique       Skrtel       Coates         Kelly

Reyna

At least they will play with true grit, speed and aggresssion. Never mind Shelvey is no winger and over hit passes but he can be a real menace to play against, at least he tried and he'll improve with more game time, much better than the much more expensive version of Henderson that hardly tried going forward except for those side and back passes. Some may say I'm mad with this line-up, but getting thrashed big time at spuds is no fun and at times desperate situations requires drastic actions.

I like & underatand why you want change. Not sure about some of the selection though, Lucas hasnt done much wrong after all. But I agree we do need to change something, we certainly need to add pace and guille. If everyones fit :

pepe

Kelly................Skr tel...............Agger. .............Enrique
      .......................L ucas............Gerrard
      Bellamy................. .....Saurez............. ......Downing
      ........................ ......Kuyt
      red leicester
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7 posts |
      • liverpool just fantastic
      Reply #1269: Sep 19, 2011 05:41:30 pm
      not very good played too deep lucas to far back adams needs help and carrol is a lazy so and so get rid in the january transfer window
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #1270: Sep 19, 2011 06:10:14 pm
      I didn't know much about Carroll before we bought him but having him on the pitch seems completely wasteful at the moment. He really needs to pull up his socks.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1271: Sep 19, 2011 06:19:15 pm
      I'm actually surprised Enrique has the highest vote.

Not that I dislike him. I love the lad, really but thought he wasn't as good as he was in previous games. Got beaten by pace a handful of times by Walker, Kranjcar and Defore. Also moments where he kinda tried taking on 2-3 players only to lose the ball and the last thing you wanna do is to dribble and lose the ball easily when we're losing. Wasn't a great performance from him, if i'm honest.

Still thought Suarez was the only player who tried to make things happen whenever he received the ball.

All in all, not enough effort made and a terrible performance (Hodgson-like one!) by the players.

Agree with this as well.
      You can argue that Adam and Skrtel's first yellows were technically yellow card challenges, but they are never given, if they are it is only after a few warnings.  If you are booking a player for those challenges, you will end up with 8 v 8.  The ref did not apply the same strict standards to their players that he did to ours - Parker handball was a yellow card according to the rules, the foul on Suarez that the ref ignored led to his yellow for what? Clapping his hands.  Ridiculous. 

As I've said.

Adam catches Parker and gets a second yellow. Parker kicks Lucas in the second half but nothing even though referee acknowledged it.

Skrtel "blocks" Bale and Adam pulled someone for his first got them both yellow carded. King slightly pulls Suarez back, nothing.

Suarez's sarcastic clap - yellow. Adebayor high-five with linesman - nothing. < ;D

And in any case, as stated, yellow cards don't come up all the time especially for Skrtel's and Adam's firsts. Cards given for those fouls are usually after a few warnings.

Just wanted some consistency to both sides at least.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #1272: Sep 19, 2011 06:25:33 pm
      I only hope Adam gets his act together after this farce and starts to repay the club and Kenny for giving him a dream transfer ! At least if we'd had Aquilani he would not get booked and sent off for diving in and making rash challenges ! I think any team in the premiership would have struggled with 9 men against Spurs ..roll on the next game where i expect the players to perform like heroes after letting themselves, the club, the fans down
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1273: Sep 19, 2011 06:37:46 pm
      not very good played too deep lucas to far back adams needs help and carrol is a lazy so and so get rid in the january transfer window

If ADAM needs help then he really shouldn't be in the team

Carroll ran his socks off, played OK, and was really up for it - his touch was a bit heavy at times, but overall he did OK considering he got NO service, and that he hasn't played as regularly as others.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1274: Sep 19, 2011 06:41:10 pm
      Can't believe what the F**k I'm reading in here.

"Season imploding so badly" i think i saw somewhere. Really? Really?! Two weeks ago people were F***ing jacking each other off and high fiving the mood was so good. Now after a loss against Stoke that we completely dominated apart from the scoreboard, and now a loss that yes, it was bad, but the season is now imploding?! Go have a cool shower and then come back, jaysus F***ing christ.

Not to mention the worst performance in awhile stuff. If that game was 11 v 11 and the result ended up what it did then yes, i'd agree. But we ended with F***ing 9! Played with 10 from quarter the way through! Yeah we started terribly, but if we hadn't had a player sent off and we'd kept the score in check until half-time, or maybe even got our heads into it before, who knows what could have happened. But a player sending off always sends the plan out the window. I can't believe how short some memories are from what we had to see in games last season under the owl, with 11 men on the pitch (including Gerrard and Torres) - i just don't get it.

It was a terrible result. Players do need some blame for not having the fire in their bellies from the off, as does Kenny as every game a manager needs to look at his own game when it doesn't go right. We need to learn from it. But F**k off with all the doom and gloom. We played three quarters of an away game to a side that has been very good for a couple of years at least one man down. I would have predicted a loss had i been told that before the game, it's not F***ing rocket surgery.

Some of you need to get a grip and realize the bigger picture. That was one terrible loss. We have had mostly promising games apart from this one, even the Stoke one. Don't go crying into a bottle until there actually is a problem.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1275: Sep 19, 2011 06:41:40 pm
      I'm actually surprised Enrique has the highest vote.

Not that I dislike him. I love the lad, really but thought he wasn't as good as he was in previous games. Got beaten by pace a handful of times by Walker, Kranjcar and Defore. Also moments where he kinda tried taking on 2-3 players only to lose the ball and the last thing you wanna do is to dribble and lose the ball easily when we're losing. Wasn't a great performance from him, if I'm honest.

Still thought Suarez was the only player who tried to make things happen whenever he received the ball.

All in all, not enough effort made and a terrible performance (Hodgson-like one!) by the players.

Agree with this as well.
      As I've said.

Adam catches Parker and gets a second yellow. Parker kicks Lucas in the second half but nothing even though referee acknowledged it.

Skrtel "blocks" Bale and Adam pulled someone for his first got them both yellow carded. King slightly pulls Suarez back, nothing.

Suarez's sarcastic clap - yellow. Adebayor high-five with linesman - nothing. < ;D

And in any case, as stated, yellow cards don't come up all the time especially for Skrtel's and Adam's firsts. Cards given for those fouls are usually after a few warnings.

Just wanted some consistency to both sides at least.
      I can also remember Enrique taking on 2 and 3 players and beating them , it"s hard for one player to play well when the  rest were sh*te.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #1276: Sep 19, 2011 06:45:37 pm
      Can't believe what the f**k I'm reading in here.

"Season imploding so badly" I think I saw somewhere. Really? Really?! Two weeks ago people were f**king jacking each other off and high fiving the mood was so good. Now after a loss against Stoke that we completely dominated apart from the scoreboard, and now a loss that yes, it was bad, but the season is now imploding?! Go have a cool shower and then come back, jaysus f**king christ.

Not to mention the worst performance in awhile stuff. If that game was 11 v 11 and the result ended up what it did then yes, I'd agree. But we ended with f**king 9! Played with 10 from quarter the way through! Yeah we started terribly, but if we hadn't had a player sent off and we'd kept the score in check until half-time, or maybe even got our heads into it before, who knows what could have happened. But a player sending off always sends the plan out the window. I can't believe how short some memories are from what we had to see in games last season under the owl, with 11 men on the pitch (including Gerrard and Torres) - I just don't get it.

It was a terrible result. Players do need some blame for not having the fire in their bellies from the off, as does Kenny as every game a manager needs to look at his own game when it doesn't go right. We need to learn from it. But f**k off with all the doom and gloom. We played three quarters of an away game to a side that has been very good for a couple of years at least one man down. I would have predicted a loss had I been told that before the game, it's not f**king rocket surgery.

Some of you need to get a grip and realize the bigger picture. That was one terrible loss. We have had mostly promising games apart from this one, even the Stoke one. Don't go crying into a bottle until there actually is a problem.
      agree mate ,reading papers today you would think spurs won the league and we got religated was a bad game but trhings change remember last league game spurs played they got hammered 5/1 at home with 11 men
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,422 posts | 2836 
      Reply #1277: Sep 19, 2011 06:46:03 pm
      Thing about Enrique was, despite his performance not being as good as before, he actually tried. Made mistakes yes but he was fighting right until the end like when he got to the byeline and whipped a fantastic ball in that Carroll almost headed in.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1278: Sep 19, 2011 06:47:23 pm
      Thing about Enrique was, despite his performance not being as good as before, he actually tried. Made mistakes yes but he was fighting right until the end like when he got to the byeline and whipped a fantastic ball in that Carroll almost headed in.

And that's a big part of a performance - the heart in a player no matter what has happened in the game so far.
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #1279: Sep 19, 2011 06:48:51 pm
      Lets also bear in mind it was only 1-0 when it was 11v11 and we had the ball in the net, offside like but a reply non the less.

It took us going to 9 men for them to score 4.

Spurs have been sh*te this season I wouldn't expect a 4-0 win away to Wigan on the weekend either.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1280: Sep 19, 2011 06:55:28 pm
      He did Chats ,you"re spot on there lad , he kept on going never giving up and so did suarez and in fairness we"re lucky this defeat took place so early into the season, we can get up and dust ourselves off and we"re not the only ones this will happen to either. 
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #1281: Sep 19, 2011 07:12:01 pm
      ^^^ Skrtel is a liability , I"m always happy to see him away from the penalty area he"s a f**king nut job  tackling and I"d love to see any stats on his penalty giveaways, I"m sure it"s high.

Last season he was no better. He is a complete liability. He always plays the man and not the ball. He's a a proper nutjob with no class.

To put him right back against Bale was a calamity in the making. Glad he'll be suspended
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #1282: Sep 19, 2011 08:29:30 pm
      Say what ye will but as soon as Adam went, game over. We have not got, Agger aside, and sadly his injury coincided, centre halves who can play ball, carry it out, and without Adam we have no creativity in midfield so game over.

Maybbe Im Mad but I think that game might stand to us, overall

Yeah I think you're mad as well. We didn't have any creativity when Adam WAS on the field!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1283: Sep 19, 2011 08:44:21 pm
      I've just read that including this result we've only been beaten 4-0 nine times in 52 years and 4 of them happened under Shanks and that never turned out too bad now did it.

It's very early days in Kennys tenure and I for one am certain that the future's going to be good.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1284: Sep 19, 2011 08:47:51 pm
      We used to get a hiding like this every year or so.In th egood old days players used to go the pub and get the match out of hteir sytem and sort out any differences out seemed to work ok then. It may be a good thing in disguise and a good grounding didn't hurt anyone.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #1285: Sep 19, 2011 08:50:04 pm
      I got over it, so should all of us, the manager and the players

It was hard to take, but Tottenham were a better side and deserved to give us a footballing lesson. We need to respond quickly, and get a good run now, we shouldn't dwell too much on yesterday's result
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1286: Sep 19, 2011 08:52:55 pm
      We used to get a hiding like this every year or so.In th egood old days players used to go the pub and get the match out of hteir sytem and sort out any differences out seemed to work ok then. It may be a good thing in disguise and a good grounding didn't hurt anyone.
      It"s also a good thing it happened so early in the season Walton ,we"ve often given teams a good hammering and they"ve got on with it.and so will we.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #1287: Sep 19, 2011 09:00:49 pm
      NEWSFLASH:  We won't win every game this season.

And it's probably likely that we go home without a win more often than we take all 3 points.

But even that doesn't mean we won't have enough points to have a much better season than last year.

The first four games in the League showed some real improvement on last season.  Okay so we had a sh*t game, although worth remembering that even 'brilliant Spurs' needed us to lose 2 players before they made the game safe.

I remember Man City hammering us with 11 last year and we tonked them at Anfield.

I'm prepared to bet that the same morons who suggest the end is nigh after the weekend's game would have been the exact same ones who would have had us down to storm the league if we had won 4-0.

The ultimate definition of knee jerking.

Quick Reply