Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Downing
      (1.2%)
      Carroll
      (5.6%)
      Suarez
      (7.5%)
      Lucas
      (9.3%)
      Enrique
      (47.8%)
      Reina
      (6.8%)
      Someone else
      (21.7%)

Spurs 4-0 Liverpool: In game chat and post match finger-pointing

Read 78720 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Re: Spurs 4-0 Liverpool: In game chat and post match finger-pointing
      Reply #1173: Sep 18, 2011 09:38:55 pm
      Have to say this statement never ceases to irritate me. It amounts to saying 'Hey stop airing your views about squad selection, formation, and the way we played even though we lost x-0 and just keep screaming out 'You'll neve walk alone'.

It is possible to support a team and have views about its current state of affairs at the same time.

Do I think KK got it wrong today selection wise? Yes Do I still support him? Definitely
      Do I think KK waited way too long to bring subs on today? Yes. Do I still support him? Yes.
      Do I think Carragher, Adam, Henderson, Carroll et al have had less than regal starts to the season? Yes. Do I still support them? Yes.

That's fair enough. I too am annoyed at certain things in the game, and Kenny does need to put his hand up and say he got this one wrong, but my post was aimed at the people who are mumping and moaning already about the season and claiming "It's so hard supporting us. We're 6 games into the season and just got f*cked off of Spurs, we're doomed!"

You've every right to think beyond the blind faith attitude and question what goes on within the team, but I think some people should start to realise what we have and forget about what we don't have for the time being.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #1174: Sep 18, 2011 09:39:42 pm
      Think the original point here was the fact going down to 10, then 9, men DID have a big influence on todays result (though was not the only factor).

We got two men sent off?

I stopped watching on the 7th minute, because that is when the game was all over.

Apparently.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1175: Sep 18, 2011 09:39:48 pm
      Haven't watched the game as I was in work.

So disappointed though. These last two results are seriously poor.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1176: Sep 18, 2011 09:42:34 pm
      To tell ye nothing but the truth lads i"m stuck for words on this one, when i saw Skrtel playing RB i got a dirty feeling in my stomach , we were really caught for pace from the start.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #1177: Sep 18, 2011 09:44:36 pm
      Dalglish signed poorly in the summer and Carroll was and will prove to be an unmitigated disaster.  Not enough pace in the team from back to front.  The midfield is the worst I have seen in all my years following the club. Have we had a worse  threesome?  A soon to be 34 year old at the back who's pace is diminshing by the game.  A manager who boughlt this mediocrity who then plays Carroll on the left with Bellamy on the bench?  Early days but it's not ptetty.  

Come on ya  attack me with your wum comments.. The truth hurts.... we haven't improved as a team..the only way was up after hodgson ..now the pressure starts....he's bought badly imo....let AA and Raul M go and brought in journeymen who can't run or create.  
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1178: Sep 18, 2011 09:48:10 pm
      That's fair enough. I too am annoyed at certain things in the game, and Kenny does need to put his hand up and say he got this one wrong, but my post was aimed at the people who are mumping and moaning already about the season and claiming "It's so hard supporting us. We're 6 games into the season and just got f*cked off of Spurs, we're doomed!"

I can understand their frustration and see it from their POV, I feel the same to some lesser extent. I do feel we have the players to mount a serious challenge for 4th or even 3rd, but Dalglish needs to get his tactics right first.

What I dislike most and find bemusing is not the frustration and critiscim of players or the team from posters, but the idiots who have nothing constructive in reply and just attack others who voice their opinions.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1179: Sep 18, 2011 09:48:42 pm
      Burdogcallingbat21, what would you suggest kenny should do?

Not having a go just curious.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1180: Sep 18, 2011 09:50:01 pm

It's never hard supporting us, though it is sometimes hard watching us.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1181: Sep 18, 2011 09:51:57 pm

Just out of curiosity, when was our first shot on target today ?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1182: Sep 18, 2011 09:52:50 pm

65th minute, weak, long range effort from Downing.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1183: Sep 18, 2011 09:52:59 pm

Suarez' disallowed goal
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #1184: Sep 18, 2011 09:53:39 pm

the damage has been done. Dalglish has bought in general mediocre players to the club for large amounts.  That's the problem i have had with successive managers since 91. A real poor eye for players. Every summer we have a complete overhaul with no continuity due to poor purchases...early days they may come good but  i can't see Adam or Henderson making the grade here. I don't see the talent even if it's raw.   Carroll was a panic buy after the Torres sale.  Doesn't fit out style of play.  He can't press the opposition because he has no pace.....we have no wide players of stellar class...downing is reasonable but below top level quaility....very dissapointed in Dalglish and his buys..he had the backing but his judgement in my view has and will prove to be poor.  Hope Kelly and Gerrard reman fit when they come back.....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1185: Sep 18, 2011 09:56:08 pm

Play a back four of Enrique, Agger, Coates, and Flanagan. Downing, Spearing (Gerrard), Rodriguez and Lucas in midfield. Suarez just behind Carroll up front.

the damage has been done. Dalglish has bought in general mediocre players to the club for large amounts.  That's the problem i have had with successive managers since 91. A real poor eye for players. Every summer we have a complete overhaul with no continuity due to poor purchases...early days they may come good but  i can't see Adam or Henderson making the grade here. I don't see the talent even if it's raw.   Carroll was a panic buy after the Torres sale.  Doesn't fit out style of play.  He can't press the opposition because he has no pace.....we have no wide players of stellar class...downing is reasonable but below top level quaility....very dissapointed in Dalglish and his buys..he had the backing but his judgement in my view has and will prove to be poor.  Hope Kelly and Gerrard reman fit when they come back.....
      I think Downing is a very good player.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1186: Sep 18, 2011 09:56:39 pm
      Dalglish signed poorly in the summer and Carroll was and will prove to be an unmitigated disaster.  Not enough pace in the team from back to front.  The midfield is the worst I have seen in all my years following the club. Have we had a worse  threesome?  A soon to be 34 year old at the back who's pace is diminshing by the game.  A manager who boughlt this mediocrity who then plays Carroll on the left with Bellamy on the bench?  Early days but it's not ptetty. 

Come on ya  attack me with your wum comments.. The truth hurts.... we haven't improved as a team..the only way was up after hodgson ..now the pressure starts....he's bought badly imo....let AA and Raul M go and brought in journeymen who can't run or create. 

I don't think it's a WUM post, it's constructive and your opinion.

Has Dalglish bought wrong? Idk, we will know towards the latter part of the season. 

I can understand the players he bought, to accommodate Carroll and to get the best out of him.

The way how he wants to play is a high tempo pass and move and getting balls wide quickly and hitting balls in for Carroll, but the players are just not gelling and playing well enough atm and I feel thats mainly down to the formation and implementing the players in too quickly instead of benching them.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1187: Sep 18, 2011 09:57:55 pm

Won't count as a shot on target because play was called to a halt as soon as Suarez, in an off-side position, touched the ball.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1188: Sep 18, 2011 09:59:19 pm
      65th minute, weak, long range effort from Downing.

Now, does the fact that we've had our first shot on target in the last third of the match tells you something ?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1189: Sep 18, 2011 10:02:01 pm
      Now, does the fact that we've had our first shot on target in the last third of the match tells you something ?

Nothing that I already haven't said.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1190: Sep 18, 2011 10:03:53 pm
      Dalglish signed poorly in the summer and Carroll was and will prove to be an unmitigated disaster.  Not enough pace in the team from back to front.  The midfield is the worst I have seen in all my years following the club. Have we had a worse  threesome?  A soon to be 34 year old at the back who's pace is diminshing by the game.  A manager who boughlt this mediocrity who then plays Carroll on the left with Bellamy on the bench?  Early days but it's not ptetty. 

Come on ya  attack me with your wum comments.. The truth hurts.... we haven't improved as a team..the only way was up after hodgson ..now the pressure starts....he's bought badly imo....let AA and Raul M go and brought in journeymen who can't run or create. 

Don't think we've a squad that's quite ready for the no.1 spot, but we've signed good players in the last 9 months. Would expect us to be in the top4 end of the season.
      Time will tell.
      You don't need a team full of sprinters, but we do have pace in Suarez, Downing, Bellamy etc. (all new (re) signings)
      Regarding Carroll, to me he looks like he could loose a few pounds. Doesn't look in the shape he needs to be in to play at this level. Did someone say his lifestyle was not right (some England squad related news)? There might be something in that. He's never going to be lightning fast, but he was other qualities that are very useful in a PL squad. But he needs to be sharper than he is now to be able to use them.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1191: Sep 18, 2011 10:08:33 pm
      Carroll is about as useful as tits on a sow at the mo, Kenny needes to bench him for a few games , play him Carling cup until he comes right.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1192: Sep 18, 2011 10:10:30 pm
      Nothing that I already haven't said.

Sorry, the question was not aimed directly at you ...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #1193: Sep 18, 2011 10:16:07 pm
      I did post pre match that we needed to get right at spurs mid field and cut out the service to their front and wide men. That's just what they did to us. Getting close up and pressuring Adam drew the fouls. He is just not good enough for the reds, never will be, been saying it since we signed him. He was not alone, to blame for todays debacle, but was a big part of it. Want's too long on the ball, doesn't track back enough, loses possesion to easily around his own box, no pace, can't tackle. Good passer of the ball but only when he has time and space.
      Agger, great but injury prone. Only just saying how stong and fit he felt, best he's felt for years, and goes off injured. Skrtle, as soon as I heard he and Carra were playing together, I said we'd get stripped for pace. Is Robinson and Kelly injured ? Still think our centre mid field is weak. Lucas is o.k. along with someone like Gerrard, but can anyone tell me what top club will,  or did rush in to take Adam if available.  No I can't think either. If I had to play us, I'd be telling my lads to get straight at Adam, he's the weak link, exploit it. Not really looking forward to Wed after this. Morale must be rock bottom, we were crap today. Modrics goal was a good strike but we could have recovered only for Adams weakness.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1194: Sep 18, 2011 10:17:52 pm
      Carroll is about as useful as tits on a sow at the mo, Kenny needes to bench him for a few games , play him Carling cup until he comes right.

I would actually say the exact opposite to that mate. I would give him games, let him get back into his stride. Perhaps a good performance sgainst some 'lesser' team in the Carling cup could be the thing to help him get some confidence in and help him kick on. The same could actually be said about a lot of the players today.

Ratboy actually made a hood point today that because of his build, he probably needs more games than other players to get back into his stride. Not 15 mins from the bench. A run if games will do him better than being benches. He needs his confidence back.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #1195: Sep 18, 2011 10:18:18 pm
      Re: the first 28 minutes.  It was the performance for me that was poor, not the tactics. 

After Adam went off, I don't think there is any value in trying to analyse a 10 v 11 performance. So the other 62 mins are neither here nor there.  At 10 v 11, I was still hopeful for a draw though.

Quick Reply