Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who gets your Man of the Match vote?

Craig Bellamy
      (87.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (6.3%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.1%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (0.8%)
      Martin Kelly
      (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0.8%)

Brighton 1-2 Liverpool: In-Game and Post Match Hurrah

Read 40012 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Brighton 1-2 Liverpool: In-Game and Post Match Hurrah
      Reply #437: Sep 21, 2011 10:22:05 pm
      Not really saying a lot on that performance mate. I thought defensively we poor. Kelly was good going forward but came under pressure when Brighton attacked, Coates looked shaky and Robinson looked a little inexperienced at times. Collectively they looked like we needed a new defense. Thankfully our midfield and attack looked and played well.

Robinson is our 3rd choice, Kelly our 2nd choice, Coates 4th and Carra (in my view) 3rd choice.  All playing together for the first time.  It is inevitable there will be hiccups.  Plus, three of them are 21 or under.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #438: Sep 21, 2011 10:23:52 pm
      Robinson is our 3rd choice, Kelly our 2nd choice, Coates 4th and Carra (in my view) 3rd choice.  All playing together for the first time.  It is inevitable there will be hiccups.  Plus, three of them are 21 or under.

Thought they targetted him first half, and he should have had a little more help especially as he was getting forwards quite a bit.

He's young though and he will only get better - a cracking player in the making.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #439: Sep 21, 2011 10:24:26 pm
      Decent performance with a very good first half. Some of the movement from the front four was excellent at times.

Brighton came into the game much more in the second half and made a decent game of it and we did struggle at the back at times when they got forward.

The defense looked very shaky particularly in the second half but when you had a player making his full debut, another coming back from injury and a teenager just starting out in the game then it will never be perfect but we will need to improve at the back over the coming weeks.

Stand out player for me was Bellamy. He was lively the whole game and his link up and movement especially in the first half was excellent and for once Suarez wan't the pick of the attackers. I also thought Carragher had a solid game at the back.

Good to be in the draw and not bothered who we get but as someone else said above it would be nice to get a home tie next round.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #440: Sep 21, 2011 10:24:36 pm
      Robinson is our 3rd choice, Kelly our 2nd choice, Coates 4th and Carra (in my view) 3rd choice.  All playing together for the first time.  It is inevitable there will be hiccups.  Plus, three of them are 21 or under.

I agree (except about Skrtel :) ) Just worrying to see us struggle so badly at the back.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #441: Sep 21, 2011 10:26:28 pm
      I agree (except about Skrtel :) ) Just worrying to see us struggle so badly at the back.

... now where is that neg button........?  ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #442: Sep 21, 2011 10:26:35 pm
      Didn't think we were that bad at the back considering we had a guy making his debut, and youngsters at FB
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #443: Sep 21, 2011 10:30:49 pm
      Bellamy my MOTM had a boss game, great finish and a good hand in our second by holding the ball up.

Not to mention the bullet free kick which would have topped Riise's against the Mancs!

Game itself started off OK but at times I found the second half difficult to watch. Anyhow, all that matters in cup footie is you get through to the next round, and we have. Bring on the 4th round.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #444: Sep 21, 2011 10:30:49 pm
      Not really saying a lot on that performance mate. I thought defensively we poor. Kelly was good going forward but came under pressure when Brighton attacked, Coates looked shaky and Robinson looked a little inexperienced at times. Collectively they looked like we needed a new defense. Thankfully our midfield and attack looked and played well.

Yeh I agree that defensively we were poor, but I thought Carragher's performance today was a good one in compare to Kelly, Robinson and Coates.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #445: Sep 21, 2011 10:30:50 pm
      Thought we played very well in the first half. We passed it well, tempo was good, bossed the possession as we should and lots of quick, sharp interplay and the lads created some good chances. Unfortunately, once again we were not clinical enough and the game could and should have been put to bed by half-time. 2nd half was a different story and you have to hand it to Brighton because they played very well, pressed the ball and cause our lads problems. I thought Carra played tonight. Wasn't so convinced by big Coates but it was a good proper introduction to English football which will benefit him in the long run. I really liked Bellamy, Suarez and Kuyt as a front three tonight, lots of pace, trickey and movement and I don't think many top flight defences would fancy marking them.

We're through to the next round and that's the main thing and it's washed the taste of the Spurs game out of the mouth a bit. Be nice to get a home draw next round.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #446: Sep 21, 2011 10:30:55 pm
      I think Carra should be in the MOTM vote but Bellers gets my vote.

A fluid performance in the 1st half should have been 3 or 4-0 up......great FK from Bellamy.

Followed by a nervous performance in the 2nd but credit where credit's due and the lads done well to get the win in the end.

Good to see Stevie back and now bring on Wolves!!!!!

YNWA!!!!

IKKWT!!!!!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #447: Sep 21, 2011 10:31:20 pm

Come on now lads, this is not the place for bickering, you should be celebrating for Christ sake!

I made a joke and he jumped down my throat because he has to make a drama and cause a fuss - I've taken it to PM but he wants to keep it public for some reason, hence his deleted post that showed the PM I sent him.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #448: Sep 21, 2011 10:31:30 pm
      It's not Christmas or Easter... it's not even sunday... ;)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Classic!!!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #449: Sep 21, 2011 10:32:11 pm
      Poor second half, apart from Kuyt's goal, should have put the tie to bed in the first half. I will give my man of the match to Bellamy for his effort. He has proved me wrong still has a lot to offer to the side.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #450: Sep 21, 2011 10:32:23 pm
      It's not Christmas or Easter... it's not even sunday... ;)
      Not far off though  ;D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #451: Sep 21, 2011 10:32:30 pm
      I don't want to get involved in this mate.

Then you might need this ;)

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #452: Sep 21, 2011 10:32:39 pm
      That's not what I posted!!!!

someone has hijacked me!

I don't think anyone cares mate. I certainly don't, the Mods seem happy enough with their decision, as does everyone else. Best to just move on.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #453: Sep 21, 2011 10:32:42 pm
      Brighton were decent opposition really, gave us a good game.

Quite a few positives to take from the game with players returning and making debuts. Would like to see Kuyt and Stevie in the starting line up on Saturday.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #454: Sep 21, 2011 10:32:52 pm
      I think Carra should be in the MOTM vote but Bellers gets my vote.

A fluid performance in the 1st half should have been 3 or 4-0 up......great FK from Bellamy.

Followed by a nervous performance in the 2nd but credit where credit's due and the lads done well to get the win in the end.

Good to see Stevie back and now bring on Wolves!!!!!

YNWA!!!!

IKKWT!!!!!

Thought he should maybe have stayed on his feet for the penalty, but hey, he had to react to Spearing falling over and it was a split second decision - apart from that I thought he had a pretty good game.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #455: Sep 21, 2011 10:33:01 pm

Yeah... the deccies will be up in the shops soon...
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #456: Sep 21, 2011 10:33:04 pm
      Anyone saw that last penalty by Fulham?? Didnt that go in? The replay was not from a good angle
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #457: Sep 21, 2011 10:33:52 pm
      Thought we played very well in the first half. We passed it well, tempo was good, bossed the possession as we should and lots of quick, sharp interplay and the lads created some good chances. Unfortunately, once again we were not clinical enough and the game could and should have been put to bed by half-time. 2nd half was a different story and you have to hand it to Brighton because they played very well, pressed the ball and cause our lads problems. I thought Carra played tonight. Wasn't so convinced by big Coates but it was a good proper introduction to English football which will benefit him in the long run. I really liked Bellamy, Suarez and Kuyt as a front three tonight, lots of pace, trickey and movement and I don't think many top flight defences would fancy marking them.

We're through to the next round and that's the main thing and it's washed the taste of the Spurs game out of the mouth a bit. Be nice to get a home draw next round.

Good post Scott, sums up the game basically, you just forgot to add that Gerrard is back :D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #458: Sep 21, 2011 10:38:48 pm
      Anyone saw that last penalty by Fulham?? Didnt that go in? The replay was not from a good angle

Sounds weird that? Anyway, wrong thread.  No MoTD is there?

Anyone else think we need to stop putting butter on Pepe's gloves...?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #459: Sep 21, 2011 10:39:44 pm
      Hope that we have a home draw, in the next round, find it difficult to get to a game working weekends.

Quick Reply