Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who else is in Love with Arbeloa ?

Read 5840 times
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Who else is in Love with Arbeloa ?
      Reply #46: Sep 06, 2007 01:34:50 pm

He's becoming a first for the team and it speaks volumes for the left back position when he's playing there. I feel a bit more safe with Arbeloa playing there than the likes of Riise.

Riise has been being playing as a left winger, this season think Rafa has realised he is not the best left back   
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #47: Sep 08, 2007 01:37:20 pm
      Well done RAFA great pick up, againest Derby he was brilliant, Agger 'N' Arbeloa were pushing up so well like Riise normally does. Having defenders who can push up and score or assist are hard to find, and you cannot have enough!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #48: Sep 12, 2007 10:25:12 am
      I still think the best is to come with this lad, which is an exciting prospect. As it stands he has all the skills needed to be a great defender and with time will learn to read the game better, something which comes with experience. His tendency to drift out of position into the middle is something that's natural for a right sided player to do when playing on the left, but it needs to be addressed. As yet it hasn't resulted in us conceding but it has given the opposition opportunities, most notably against Sunderland when he ended up having to foul the player to recover the situation & got booked. I'm sure if I can spot this weakness in his game then Rafa had it worked out long ago & it will be something he's working on, but as Finnan ages I think we'll see a lot more of him in his natural position & buy someone else in for the left.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #49: Sep 12, 2007 12:14:48 pm
      Do you not think we have cover for the left back position in Aurelio? Fair enough, he is an injury concern at the moment but I think he could put his hand up if he gets back to form. He started producing good performances for us towards the tail of last season, notably against Arsenal at Anfield.

I just hope his luck turns this season.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Sep 12, 2007 12:40:06 pm
      Do you not think we have cover for the left back position in Aurelio?

No, because I don't rate Riise as a left back. Sure he has a great shot on him, but a great left back that does not make. Personally I would've loved to have seen Heinze come in the summer as he is a very good defensive left back whereas Aurelio is more of an attacking left back. With the two of them we would've had good options for the position, and I would expect Rafa to sign a defensively minded left back either in January or in the summer.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #51: Sep 12, 2007 01:03:35 pm
      but a great left back that does not make

talking like master yoda.....you are :D
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #52: Sep 12, 2007 01:35:51 pm
      Fair call EddieC, if we want to see the best of Arbeloa, we'll have to let him play in his favoured right back slot, which obviously suggests reverting to a more conventional, defensive minded left back. So yeah, i agree with an additional acquisition come Jan 08...
      Njadula
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #53: Sep 12, 2007 06:28:12 pm
      Arbeloa is playing excellent football but let's not get carried away, there is still room for Riise in this team. LFC is a big club with a big squad and plays in all big tournaments, we will have mishaps, bookings, injuries along the way and Riise will definitely be called upon. Who thought Hyypia would play this season, we were so comfortable at CB that we even sold Paletta without much worry and what happened next, talisman Carra got injured and we had to resort to good ole Sammi (who himself had to play with a broken nose). I dread to think what would happen if Sammi or Agger got injured.

The player I am really worried about is Aurellio, he's going to have it thick getting back into this team at lefback or left wing. His style is very soft and he struggled a lot last season with the tough boys in the league.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Sep 12, 2007 09:02:26 pm
      I am, he's rather dishy ;)

Oh, and he's a good footballer too :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Sep 12, 2007 10:11:11 pm
      I am, he's rather dishy ;)