Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Brighton fans perspective of the game & general questions for LFC fans.

Read 4633 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Brighton fans perspective of the game & general questions for LFC fans.
      Sep 22, 2011 10:23:39 am
      Hi Brighton fan here, I would make a new thread but I dont know how to !!! so if someone who reads this could start it up and copy and paste this for me that would be fab !!!

Really I just wanted to know from anyone who made the trip down south what thought of the following.

1. The stadium, how does it compare to other stadiums you have been to mainly prem stadiums ?
      2. The seats, did you like the space and comfort of them ?
      3. How did you get here ?
      4. was it hard to find the stadium ?
      5. stewards, what were they like?
      6. pies, how do you rate them ?
      7. beers on offer, any good ?
      8. Our fans, how do they compare to other teams ?
      9. the big sceens and surround sound any good ?
      10. our best player from last night, who do you think it was ?
      11. were you happy with the result ?
      12. do you think we could have a chace for promotion any time soon ?

overall I think last night was very good game, you played very well in the 1st half and could of been 4 - 5 nil up, but thank god many of them hit the post !!! I think your style of play is almost same as ours but because of the quality of players you have in your side, you done it much better with your 1st touch and so on,  2nd half wow I think you must admit me out played you and and were unlucky not to get a couple of goals in the net. if we played they way we did in the 2nd half all game I really think we could of won, just like if you played the same way in the 1st half you would of done us much harder,

my man of the match in the whole game had to be bellamy he was deadly against us and was by far the best player on the field last night.

once again if someone could start a tread for me that would be great !!!! or tell me how to !!!
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011 01:24:40 pm by Reslivo »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Re: Brighton fans perspective of the game & general questions for LFC fans.
      Reply #1: Sep 22, 2011 10:28:10 am
      You'll have to change your profile stuff mate it's just like one of our existing members, a teararse called Daz.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Sep 22, 2011 10:31:14 am
      Wasn't at it, but your stadium looks great.
      22,000 capacity.
      Looks like space for expansion too.
      seagulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 22, 2011 10:34:55 am
      Wasn't at it, but your stadium looks great.
      22,000 capacity.
      Looks like space for expansion too.

the amex id 22,500 atm but can be increased to 35,000, I think we are going to take it to around 30,000 at the end of the season as demand is so high atm we have 17,000 ticket holders alone which I think is high for a team in the championship
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Sep 22, 2011 10:34:59 am
      Thought from what I seen on the TV obviously Brighton have a pretty nice stadium, thought your best player was Noone, I was more than happy with the result and credit has to go to Brighton for trying to get involved in a football match, I thought you's were excellent on the night and made the game an entertaining one, maybe a little star struck in the opening 15 minutes which conceding the early goal didn't help, but you clawed your way back into it and certianly gave us some nervy moments.

Promotion will be a certainty for your lot if you continue to play football in the manner that you are and you can keep hold of your best players, it may or may not be this year, but it will come. Think Poyet has got you playing good football building from the back at every opportunity, it was an impressive performance by Brighton and if they can replicate that game in and game out, you should be there or there about come the end of  this season.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Sep 22, 2011 10:40:28 am
      Most important think Brighton need to do is keep hold of your manager.
      seagulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 22, 2011 10:53:14 am
      Thought from what I seen on the TV obviously Brighton have a pretty nice stadium, thought your best player was Noone, I was more than happy with the result and credit has to go to Brighton for trying to get involved in a football match, I thought you's were excellent on the night and made the game an entertaining one, maybe a little star struck in the opening 15 minutes which conceding the early goal didn't help, but you clawed your way back into it and certianly gave us some nervy moments.

Promotion will be a certainty for your lot if you continue to play football in the manner that you are and you can keep hold of your best players, it may or may not be this year, but it will come. Think Poyet has got you playing good football building from the back at every opportunity, it was an impressive performance by Brighton and if tehy can replicate that game in and game out, you'll be there or there about this season.

agree with the whole star struck  thing as I had my jaw open for the 1st 15 mins thinking jesus we have got liverpool here, so I would love to know how our players felt !!!

Noone has been one of our best players this season aswell as last season and very lucky to have him I think.

Not being big headed but I agree if we can keep our best players + Gus !!! & play the way we are I think we have a great chance of promotion in the coming seasons if not this season
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Sep 22, 2011 10:57:12 am
      Not being big headed but I agree if we can keep our best players + Gus !!! & play the way we are I think we have a great chance of promotion in the coming seasons if not this season

I wouldn't bet against your lot getting promotion based on last nights performance, I thought you were very good and gave us a better game than some premiership teams have done in recent years.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2011 11:23:59 am
      I thought Brighton played well 2nd half last night and Noone, Barclay and Lualua when he came on were pick of the bunch.

His Poyet has got you playing the football that will see you turn over teams on regular occasions. The only team playing better than you in the championship and I wouldn't bet against you 2 being the top 2 in May.

The stadium it's self looks fantastic and the fact you sell 17,000 plus season tickets with 3,000 away support. Only leaves 2,500 for public sale shows that 35,000 is an easy target if you get to the prem.

Good luck in the future and I for one hope you're in the premiership this time next season.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Sep 22, 2011 11:31:56 am
      The thing that struck me the most was the slight irregularity in the size of the goal.

I could clearly see there was about an inch and a half missing in both width and height, reflected by the fact that our superstar players shots were hitting the woodwork instead of the usual, millimetre perfect strikes into top and bottom corners.

Once that's sorted out, the stadium should be just right!

;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #10: Sep 22, 2011 11:41:30 am
      The thing that struck me the most was the slight irregularity in the size of the goal.

I could clearly see there was about an inch and a half missing in both width and height, reflected by the fact that our superstar players shots were hitting the woodwork instead of the usual, millimetre perfect strikes into top and bottom corners.

;)
      Seen the same thing at other grounds ayrton, I mean differing goal dimensions a thought "no - couldn't be there has to be a uniform size".
      Likewise with the pitch size, there are grounds that have woefully small pitch areas and that could be a tactical advantage to one team or the other here again a standard should be established.

TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Sep 22, 2011 11:44:01 am
      Brighton played very well the second half, the stadium looks nice, with room to expand.  Poyet seems to be a very good manager, you played a very good style of football.  I am happy with the result, though we should have been out of sight in the first half. 

See you next year!  I reckon you'll follow Blackpool and Norwich straight into the Premiership.

Love your lime green/black away kit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #12: Sep 22, 2011 11:51:57 am
      Brighton played very well the second half, the stadium looks nice, with room to expand.  Poyet seems to be a very good manager, you played a very good style of football.  I am happy with the result, though we should have been out of sight in the first half.  

See you next year!  I reckon you'll follow Blackpool and Norwich straight into the Premiership.

Love your lime green/black away kit.  
      Ooooh you are awful, but I like you!!!!!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #13: Sep 22, 2011 11:52:17 am
      Most important think Brighton need to do is keep hold of your manager.

and maybe their left winger racerx (his name is Buckley, correct it if I'm wrong), he has a brilliant game against better standard team last night.
      seagulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 22, 2011 12:04:09 pm

;)

yes I believe our goals are slighty smaller than most teams like most things in football there is a max and min size of things, just like our pitch it is the biggest it can be the same size at wembly and man shity.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Sep 22, 2011 12:07:48 pm
      Ooooh you are awful, but I like you!!!!!

seagulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 22, 2011 12:09:21 pm
      and maybe their left winger racerx (his name is Buckley, correct it if I'm wrong), he has a brilliant game against better standard team last night.

yes hes one of the new boys only played a couple of games this season due to injuries and he got injured again last night and looks to be out for a month so fingers cross we can see what he can really do, but im not to worried I believe we have the best wingers in the league with noone, lua lua, buckly + now vincete who I may add almost went to real madrid 4 or 5 years ago in a 30M deal, 1st time we saw him last night and I can already see hes going to be a brighton legended
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #17: Sep 22, 2011 12:14:40 pm
      yes I believe our goals are slighty smaller than most teams like most things in football there is a max and min size of things, just like our pitch it is the biggest it can be the same size at wembly and man shity.

Was only kidding, just because of the number of times we hit the woodwork!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18: Sep 22, 2011 12:40:33 pm
      Ive phoned our owners.

The trucks are arriving in the morning.

We are buying the extra ground capacity you've got and bolting it onto Anfield.

Ta La !

TaRa.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011 01:40:12 pm by eurored »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Sep 22, 2011 12:48:44 pm

Bloody IP spoofer!

Ban him!

(Or at least moderate him)

>:D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #20: Sep 22, 2011 01:26:40 pm
      Edited the first post to avoid what seems to be obvious confusion amongst our bright members here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #21: Sep 22, 2011 03:00:45 pm
      Just on the way back so I'll be brief.

Train system back to Brighton worked well although when I got in the post match queue you had no idea how long it was going to take.

Seats comfy (at half time) and more leg room than at any PL ground I've been to. Stewards friendly, as were majority of Brighton fans. Good atmosphere - big screens were good,  queues for the beer pretty big in the 30 mins up to kick off.

All in all best of luck on the promotion chase. Sure many fans will enjoy coming to your ground.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #22: Sep 22, 2011 03:08:05 pm
      I went yesterday I think if you go up your going to have to sort out the transport cause it's a joke for a new stadium.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23: Sep 22, 2011 03:41:50 pm
      ;D

Is that really you this time?* That seemed a little bit too funny for you. ;P

Not as funny as pretending its a lighthouse whilst playing with your boats in the bath. ;D

Ermmm back on Topic.

Craig Noone is a scouser isn't he, looked very bright and direct last night wouldn't mind seeing what he could do in teh premiership week in and week out if Brighton gets promoted.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Sep 22, 2011 05:19:30 pm
      .....OK.

We'll take the 22,500 seats now ..... an option on the others ..... if you chuck in the cheerleaders as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #25: Sep 22, 2011 05:35:19 pm
      I went yesterday I think if you go up your going to have to sort out the transport cause it's a joke for a new stadium.

How did you get out?

We got the train back to Brighton.  Sure - it looked a massive queue, but probably only in it for 20 minutes or so.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26: Sep 22, 2011 06:42:58 pm
      From the TV looked like a really nice venue, the grounds were great, fan's were loud and supportive and the team gave a fine accounting of itself. If I was a Brighton fan I would wake up this morning feeling good about my club and its future.

And again can only applaud the local fans for they're enthusiasm and how they conducted themselves towards their team and the visiting team, many a PL club could learn a lesson from them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27: Sep 22, 2011 06:51:53 pm
      There seemed to be a lot less angst from the Brighton fans than usual for a championship side. It seems every game we play these days you hear distasteful chanting, but didn't hear anything last night, thing the worst it got was "the referees a scouser". ;D

When you look at the disgraceful antics of the Scum V Leeds Scum match, and compare with our game yesterday, the atmosphere seems a world apart, yet the noise created was very similar.
      seagulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #28: Sep 22, 2011 07:15:35 pm
      The only bad-ish thing I have to say about our new home is what many of the away fans say to. 1) its right on the edge of brighton with the only thing near it is fields.
      2) no stadium parking for away fans (only about 500 for home fans which cost £350 ish a season)
      so fingers cross we sort out the transport side of things for next season and if we do get into the prem we must sort it out with out a doubt plus the fact the stadium will be even bigger it is a must, I think if our owner had his own way he would build some sort of multi story car park to fit a few thousand cars in but because the land all around it is owned by the uni across the road and class as an area of out standing natual beuty and all that tosh its not going to happen unless it is built underground, it dont help that we have the green party down here now either.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Sep 22, 2011 07:56:14 pm
      The Green party, don't they support Celtic ?

Seriously, i like most watched it on the goggle box and i must admit your stadium looks very impressive, i agree that we should have finished Brighton off before the break, to be honest Brighton were superb 2nd half and certainly gave the Redmen a few things to worry about,the lad Noone had a blinder as with one or two others, in Gus Poyet you have a excellent manager who will take you into the Prem if he is not headhunted, in the end i thought we did enough to go through, good luck with the rest of your season and hopefully we will meet again in the top flight next season.   YNWA
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Sep 22, 2011 08:19:13 pm
      I think if our owner had his own way he would build some sort of multi story car park to fit a few thousand cars in but because the land all around it is owned by the uni across the road and class as an area of out standing natual beuty and all that tosh its not going to happen unless it is built underground

We have that problem also  :D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #31: Sep 23, 2011 01:52:46 pm
      1. The stadium, how does it compare to other stadiums you have been to mainly prem stadiums ?

Its always sad to see old stadiums disappear to be replaced by sterile new builds, but it did look like some thought had been put in to it, the stadium was a good design with decent acoustics its irregular shape was aesthetically pleasing. Then again it would be a bit disappointing if you had spent £100 mill and it had been sh*te  ;)

The padded seating was spot on couldn’t wait to sit down at half time ;) I have never had so much leg room. I fear for it if you have Leeds visiting tonight

3. How did you get here ?

We got a cab £15 from the front which was a bit on the steep side, some what compensated for by the free train journey back

4. was it hard to find the stadium ?

Taxi Driver seemed to know where he was going ;)

5. Stewards, what were they like?

Stewards’ were all decent and helpful

6. Pies, how do you rate them ? 7. beers on offer, any good ?

Queues were a bit long when we arrived so didn’t sample any ale or food. One negative was I couldn’t find a program seller who had any left

8. Our fans, how do they compare to other teams?

Fair play it was a good atmosphere; do they get up for it the same at every game? Sadly Anfield can sometimes be a totally different atmosphere depending on the opposition. You need to stop all that Aaaaarh you sh*t on the goal kicks though ???

9. The big screens and surround sound any good ?

Not for me it would be a bit big for my lounge wall. They had some useful replays which were good, although when we scored the second we all stopped celebrating earlier than normal and turned around to watch the replay. Sound system was good you could hear Jimmy plain as day at half time

10. Our best player from last night, who do you think it was?

I think they got it right with Noone he had Pepe well beaten when he rattled the bar and was a constant thorn in our side.

You have to be pleased with any win, I would like to have seen it done and dusted in the first half as we had enough chances and fair play you could have had a few yourselves.

12. Do you think we could have a chance for promotion any time soon ?

I reckon you should have a good shout of the play offs, its hard to say not knowing if your lads raised their game for this match or whether they perform to that level every week. It certainly was refreshing to see them knocking the ball about and playing good football. I gather quite a few players were rested for tonight’s game so it will be interesting to see if some struggle to get their place back for tonight.

Good luck with the rest of the season and keep hold of Gus and you’ll be in with a chance, you could always tell he was the brain of the outfit when in was second in command to Wise.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Sep 23, 2011 04:06:34 pm
      1. The stadium, how does it compare to other stadiums you have been to mainly prem stadiums?

It reminded me a little bit of the DW Stadium. As Venison says though, the acoustics were really good and it's a good size. The corners look really bare though. Seems a bit strange. All in all I was impressed and I believe it's a huge improvement to what you've been used to recently.

Very impressed before the game and at half time. Nice and comfy to sit on and decent leg space - non of this leaning back business when someone is walking past you.

3. How did you get here?
      4. was it hard to find the stadium?

Got the tranabain down. Stayed down the seafront and got a cab to the ground.

5. stewards, what were they like?

Preferred the cheerleaders.  ;)

6. pies, how do you rate them ?
      7. beers on offer, any good ?

Didn’t get chance to try any because of the ridiculous queues.

8. Our fans, how do they compare to other teams ?

Pretty good. Very vocal at times and and the majority of them seemed friendly enough.

9. the big sceens and surround sound any good ?

Big screens were good. Was enjoying seeing replays of chances there and then rather than waiting until I got home. Wasn’t overly impressed by the sound though. Sounded very distorted when the music came on. Hey dj, turn the bass down!

10. our best player from last night, who do you think it was ?

Noone had a good game I thought. Decent player.

Always happy with a win.

12. do you think we could have a chance for promotion any time soon ?

If you carry on playing high tempo footy on the deck like you did the other night, you’ve got a very good chance I reckon. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Quick Reply