Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Anyone with hobbies outside of football?

Read 8803 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Anyone with hobbies outside of football?
      Sep 22, 2011 02:31:31 pm
      Although my main passion will always be LFC, I’m just wondering what people like to do on their spare time (outside of Liverpool FC and the forum)

I’m Grade 8 at guitar and piano - pushy parents when I was a kid.

I once had a business selling guitars but being around guitars all day every day killed my passion for them and I haven’t played one for around a year. 

My biggest hobby will always be the piano and while I’m classically trained there is nothing better than playing some Billy Joel or The Beatles late stuff over Bach or Mozart.
      So if anyone wants lessons ;O)
      MsGerrard
      Re: Anyone with hobbies outside of football?
      Reply #1: Sep 22, 2011 04:57:23 pm
      I'd love to be able to play a musical instrument, I think it's wonderful to see someone just sit down at a piano or pick up a guitar and just play it, they make it look so easy.

Liverpool FC being my number one passion which takes a huge amount of my time and money !!! I also play Badminton quite a bit and have won trophies, although I just play for fun now and to keep fit. I also have a big passion for music.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 22, 2011 05:51:23 pm
      I can play my Organ. ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Sep 22, 2011 05:59:42 pm

I bet you can !!  :lmao:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Sep 22, 2011 06:07:35 pm
      Aside from LFC, my main hobby is also music but enjoying it rather than playing it. I love to go to gigs and (when finances permit) festivals and I'm constantly looking for new music.

There are other things I'd like to get into but never have the money for them.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #5: Sep 22, 2011 06:12:08 pm
      Shotokan Karate, going for my 1st kyu next Tuesday, one step from my black-belt.

Actually, training is soon, I better get going!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: Sep 22, 2011 06:21:51 pm
      I'm a big fan of rugby union. I've a Season ticket for Munster, and loving the RWC at thr minute. I'm also a fan of AFL, and i'm sure all my Aussie friends will be cheering on the mighty Hawks in this weekends prelim final against Collingwood!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Sep 22, 2011 06:32:42 pm
      Rugby League man myself. Being from Warrington I'm a massive Warrington Wolves Wire fan.

Was a season ticket holder up until 18 (2 seasons ago I stopped going because of Uni.) While I was a seasont ticket holder (it costs £60 for under 18s, for 27 games that is very good value, and puts football to shame.) we won F**k all!

Since I stopped, we have won 2 challeenge cups and the League leaders shield - though I did see us lift all 3 ;D!

Now we are in the semi final of the Super League and if we win that we will be in our first Super League grand final ever.

Love being a wire at the moment.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Sep 22, 2011 06:35:34 pm
      I've had guitar lessons when younger, even had a band during high school, but haven't played much lately. My cousins are trying to form a new band though, and want me and my brother to join them badly - I'm currently considering the option.

I envy you and your piano. I've always wanted to play the piano but could never afford one. My parents always offered me keyboards, but I don't want them! I want a f***in piano :D I'll certainly buy one when I have the money for that myself.

And sports in general are my hobbies, not just football. Obviously football is the biggest one by a mile, but I love nearly all of them. I even started to like baseball, which I used to consider boring. Basketball, American football, rugby, hockey, etc

I'm a big fan of rugby union. I've a Season ticket for Munster, and loving the RWC at thr minute. I'm also a fan of AFL, and I'm sure all my Aussie friends will be cheering on the mighty Hawks in this weekends prelim final against Collingwood!

That's cool. I recently picked my team in rugby union and that is Munster. My first contact with the sport was thanks to a few drunken Irish lads in a pub here in Rio, all dressed in Munster's red, watching them in the Heineken Cup a few years ago. I couldn't have picked any other team after that!

I love cinema as well. Haven't watched as many films this year as I watched in the past few years, but still, I think I watch a lot more than the "average" people. Massive fan of westerns and classic movies in general.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #9: Sep 22, 2011 06:43:53 pm
      Rugby League man myself. Being from Warrington I'm a massive Warrington Wolves Wire fan.
      I much prefer League myself. I don't follow a team but will watch games on the box. I find Union far too boring, it's too stop - start and they kick the ball out far too often.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Sep 22, 2011 06:49:29 pm
      I modify stuff cars mainly.

I always have a project in alongside what I repair and sell, I have a habit of putting stupid sized engines in small cars.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #11: Sep 22, 2011 07:00:48 pm
      If It's not watching Liverpool FC, I like rugby union (Cardiff Blues) but haven't been for a while, just watch them on TV now. The hobby I do most regular though is shooting, I try and go at least once a week.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Sep 22, 2011 07:05:18 pm
      I much prefer League myself. I don't follow a team but will watch games on the box. I find Union far too boring, it's too stop - start and they kick the ball out far too often.

Egg chasing ;)

Managed to avoid watching a second of their "Rugby (union) World Cup" thus far.

Didn't even watch our finals in 03 and 07. Watched about 5 minutes of the final in 2003. I can remember vividly missing Johnny Wilkinsons drop goal, because I turned over to Takeshis castle on challenge TV and not being remotely arsed we had won, or I had missed it ;D.

In 07 I went to watch a Rugby League exhibition game instead, where we all sang "You can shove your Rugby Union up your Arse - Sideways" ;D
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #13: Sep 22, 2011 07:08:46 pm
      My main hobbies outside of supporting Liverpool are going to the gym; I love a good workout ;) and being one of a few coaches for a football team.

Oh and rugby can F**k off, I really dislike rugby. Nothing compared to football.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011 08:44:46 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Sep 22, 2011 07:19:36 pm
      I never watched much of Rugby League (being from Brazil, it's hard enough to watch Union), but my team is the Wigan Warriors.

I have this insatiable need of picking a team in every sport.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #15: Sep 22, 2011 07:25:50 pm
      Well, aside LFC, I guess books, films, music and learning foreign languages. Yeah, I know, it sounds boring :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #16: Sep 22, 2011 07:36:23 pm
      Well, aside LFC, I guess books, films, music and learning foreign languages. Yeah, I know, it sounds boring :)
      Not at all. I suppose books and films are my hobbies as well, I just never really considered them that way.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: Sep 22, 2011 07:41:13 pm
      Not at all. I suppose books and films are my hobbies as well, I just never really considered them that way.

Books and films, aka women.

Filth. ;)

Seriously though (or before this gets deleted) that's the extent I get to really, what with kids running around and a house to decorate/work on. Any peaceful pursuits are a thing of the past.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #18: Sep 22, 2011 08:05:26 pm
      Music, collect records and CD's and have every No1 single and album since the charts began in the 50's upto about 4yrs ago when I stopped due to lack of funds, but now trying to fill the gaps in my collection due to having a job again !
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #19: Sep 22, 2011 08:10:54 pm
      Music, collect records and CD's and have every No1 single and album since the charts began in the 50's upto about 4yrs ago when I stopped due to lack of funds, but now trying to fill the gaps in my collection due to having a job again !
      Have you ever posted up the ones you're missing on here to see if anyone can help?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #20: Sep 22, 2011 08:16:04 pm
      Tried it a couple of times Rep, Looking for a copy of Lady Gaga's just dance 2 track cd single from 2009 but there like rocking horse sh*t !
      Albums are easier can get them on e-bay from £1.27 buy it now with free postage !
      Bier
      Reply #21: Sep 22, 2011 08:19:22 pm
      Football is actually a major part of my life. Besides supporting our club, and watching any interesting game out there, I play football on amateur level, and coach a youth team for the same club. But besides football my interests are fairly broad. I'm a big internet and game nerd. I love music, many kinds of music, so love going to concerts. I love movies aswell, and going to the theatre or stand up comedy. I also really enjoy going out for dinner, and going out for drinks. In the summer I do some kitesurfing and I'm on the beach alot then. I also do some running, I run in some half marathons now and then. But the experience I enjoy most is probably travelling to other countries, nothing beats leaving everything behind, just enjoy living in the now and experiencing new things. And I think when travelling you learn alot about yourself. And just spending time with my girlfriend, friends and my family. The things you're doing are not as important as the people you're doing it with.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #22: Sep 22, 2011 08:21:35 pm
      Tried it a couple of times Rep, Looking for a copy of Lady Gaga's just dance 2 track cd single from 2009 but there like rocking horse sh*t !
      I'll keep an eye open. Might be easier to get hold of once she's gone out of fashion but unfortunately the gay community are keeping that one going  :P
      Do they have to be in their cellophane wrappers still?

Quick Reply