Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Charlie Adam
      (2.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (7.3%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      (67.4%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.9%)
      Jose Enrique
      (8.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 2-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match Discussion

Read 54833 times
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match Discussion
      Reply #621: Sep 26, 2011 01:24:08 pm
      Can't believe you take any notice.....from the new generation of playstation,X box kids who watch on their computers and have never even been and are really closet Man U fans with no real understanding of the game except for player management games.....and who say EPL and think the only football is the Champions league....and live far away in countries with no football culture or history and wouldn't even know about L.F.C if it wasn't for ESPN and Murdoch.....(still got sky but don't buy the sun?)...

And think we should just roll over teams they've never heard of......

So why do you care..?

Simply amazing stuff there.

I think our current owners, fit the descriptions of coming from 'far away (in) countries with no football culture or history' and indeed they admitted as much when they bought the club.

Still, that probably didn't stop you from gagging for it when they came in to buy the club eh?

To disparage people as "closet Man U fans with no real understanding of the game" simply because they don't hail from Liverpool (or does your categorisation of 'far away' extend to everything beyond the British Isles?) is shameful and disgraceful.

We live in an interconnected world. You think Liverpool will survive a day if they decided to cut out all their global connections and focus only on Merseyside? You want to live in an insular world, then say bye bye sponsorship, bye bye investors, bye bye owners, and soon bye bye club because we would have been wound up.

Most Liverpudlians I have met during my travels to Anfield have been warm, witty and incredibly astute people. And then we get the likes of you...tragic really.

To be honest, I am not even angry, just sorry for you. Life's going to be such a bi*ch for you - no thanks to this thing called globalisation (which must be a wierd and strange thing for you).

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #622: Sep 26, 2011 01:39:57 pm
      We live in an interconnected world. You think Liverpool will survive a day if they decided to cut out all their global connections and focus only on Merseyside? You want to live in an insular world, then say bye bye sponsorship, bye bye investors, bye bye owners, and soon bye bye club because we would have been wound up.

Sounds like some other club we know.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #623: Sep 26, 2011 05:17:48 pm
      F**k me, we won and still arguments.

You play for 3 points. We got them. F***ing smile.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #624: Sep 26, 2011 05:34:07 pm
      Mate don't try explaining it. If it's not Man United, it doesn't matter. That's the mindset of several Liverpool fans now.
      Yeah, we live far away in countries with no football culture or history and wouldn't even know about LFC if it wasn't for ESPN and Murdoch ... By the way, when is our version of this coming out ? I'd really want to get one ...

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #625: Sep 26, 2011 05:39:01 pm
      This is a quick question "Were we the most knowledgeable fans because we got most things right or because we backed our team no matter what" if it is the latter maybe it was the wrong description, the best football supporters, ya but the most knowledgeable I'm not sure about".

Most posters a few weeks ago thought we would finish 1st or 2nd. That to me is not knowledgeable it is backing the team though but not realistic
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #626: Sep 26, 2011 05:45:50 pm
      Liverpool v Everton will always be the biggest game for me, gives me a chance to tw*t that blue sh*te brother of mine. Always one bad apple in every family.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #627: Sep 26, 2011 06:05:34 pm
      Yeah, we live far away in countries with no football culture or history and wouldn't even know about LFC if it wasn't for ESPN and Murdoch ... By the way, when is our version of this coming out ? I'd really want to get one ...

Thought you'd be more into this.

;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #628: Sep 26, 2011 06:09:44 pm
      Liverpool v Everton will always be the biggest game for me, gives me a chance to tw*t that blue sh*te brother of mine. Always one bad apple in every family.
      I still find it somewhat baffling that people dont want Everton to go down,I cant stand the bas**rds.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #629: Sep 26, 2011 06:10:40 pm

That is a really ugly shirt ... Are all your shirts that ugly ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #630: Sep 26, 2011 06:12:24 pm
      That is a really ugly shirt ... Are all your shirts that ugly ?

Yes they are, I buy them that ugly for a reason.

They remind of you and keep you in my thoughts and close to my heart, so my life is complete. ;)
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #631: Sep 29, 2011 11:42:19 am
      In your previous post you gave a very sweeping comment about fans from other countries, where according to you they are closet Man U fans with no footballing knowledge and come from countries with no footballing heritage, watch football on their computers and never come to anfield to see games. I feel such a comment is highly inappropriate and does not do justice to those of us who support liverpool from "far away countries". Of course you are privileged because you were born in the city and support the team your ancestors supported and many other liverpool fans worldwide cannot say the same (although I am sure many of them like me are pretty contented about our own origins) however when you say such things you take away the global appeal of the club which is a truly "global brand" in this globalizing and cosmopolitan world. From your post it would appear you would prefer liverpool FC to be restricted to Liverpudlians, for Liverpudlians and no one else and any liverpool fan cannot be a true liverpool fan if they are not from the city. But such a viewpoint would be parochial in my opinion and if such were the case and liverpool FC was only for Liverpudlians than liverpool would be a regional brand and not a world brand. Moreover, such an opinion is totally incorrect because the club is owned by americans and they have no qualms in admitting that their knowledge of the game is not extensive and have said that their attraction towards liverpool was its global appeal and potential. Moreover, the club is an integral part of the city and a major tourist attraction and the tourists who come to spend their money have a big role to play in the local economy. Therefore, I believe you must revisit your viewpoints because not only is it condescending but it is also parochial in outlook.

Well i begged the question and you answered it...

There's nothing in your well written post that would make me change my mind...I don't however feel that Liverpool F.C is just for Liverpudlians only....

It's only through the global media that Liverpool F.C have become a global brand and it just doesn't concern me one iota...We were successful before anyone from Asia or America or anywhere decided to switch on their TV dishes...

Perhaps if your own leagues were successful you wouldn't feel inclined to support another team from a different country...(as if i would support a Polish or a Russian team...)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,535 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #632: Sep 29, 2011 11:55:10 am
      Perhaps if your own leagues were successful you wouldn't feel inclined to support another team from a different country...(as if i would support a Polish or a Russian team...)
      Maybe, maybe not, it's certainly not a foregone conclusion.

I'm from Wales and my home town club Swansea City just got promoted to the Prem. But I've supported LFC since 1977, so 34 years. I feel just as close to this club as the guy living a stone's throw away from the ground. In my opinion geography should stay in the class room.

I envy those who live close enough to Anfield they can smell the grass, but I in no way feel inferior to them, and likewise I don't feel superior to the guy supporting them in Australia.

The club belongs to the supporters who support the club.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011 12:00:42 pm by Rush »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #633: Sep 29, 2011 11:56:21 am
      Perhaps if your own leagues were successful you wouldn't feel inclined to support another team from a different country...(as if I would support a Polish or a Russian team...)

Many of my mates support a club that has won more Champions League titles than Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City put together ... The club is called Crvena Zvezda Beograd ... Yet, I have supported LFC my entire life ... Do you see the irreparable flaw in you logic ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #634: Sep 29, 2011 12:35:19 pm
      It's only through the global media that Liverpool F.C have become a global brand and it just doesn't concern me one iota...We were successful before anyone from Asia or America or anywhere decided to switch on their TV dishes...

Hmmm I'm not a Liverpudlian and I've supported Liverpool since the mid 80's it wasnt a choice as such as it was heredatory thing, the same way my ten year old son also inherited Liverpool F.C, its passed down from father to son.

Now I apologise for not coming from Liverpool myself, but I'm more clued up about the club than many living in Liverpool and outside of it as I've imersed myself in Liverpool for the best part of 27 years, long before Istanbul or the Sky Generation.

So with Liverpool only being for Liverpudlians, should I forget the small part I played in getting rid of Hicks & Gillett along with other Liverpool fans, should I forget I was at Hillsborough, should I stop attending and stop watching matches and buying merchandise etc and should I cancel my subscription and leave this site ?

Whilst were on about Liverpool only being for Liverpudlians, lets get rid of Kenny he's Scottish so an out of towners, what about Suarez ?, so stop being so precious mate when clubs sign players such as Suarez, its almost automatically going to find a few new supporters from Uruguay, use your loaf, thats how football works.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011 12:48:57 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #635: Sep 29, 2011 02:54:36 pm
      Well I begged the question and you answered it...

There's nothing in your well written post that would make me change my mind...I don't however feel that Liverpool F.C is just for Liverpudlians only....

Perhaps if your own leagues were successful you wouldn't feel inclined to support another team from a different country...(as if I would support a Polish or a Russian team...)
      Well after reading your post i have been enlightened by your wisdom and i don't feel it is worth my time replying to your "wiseness".
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #636: Sep 29, 2011 06:19:05 pm
      Maybe, maybe not, it's certainly not a foregone conclusion.

I'm from Wales and my home town club Swansea City just got promoted to the Prem. But I've supported LFC since 1977, so 34 years. I feel just as close to this club as the guy living a stone's throw away from the ground. In my opinion geography should stay in the class room.

I envy those who live close enough to Anfield they can smell the grass, but I in no way feel inferior to them, and likewise I don't feel superior to the guy supporting them in Australia.

The club belongs to the supporters who support the club.

You must get a bit of mickey taking....why bypass such a club as Swansea even more so now they in the top flight(not that,that should matter)

It's quite a fair way to travel and now you have the chance to watch your home town club compete against the very best....you must have some affinity to Swansea.... Wouldn't you want your children to support them too?

I sat next to a Cardiff fan when we played Portsmouth at home a couple of seasons ago,he travelled to all the home games with a travelling ting of maybe three and a half hours...i couldn't help thinking why not support the Bluebirds.....? but good luck to him as i could see his loyalty and dedication,still a fair way though when an emerging home town club is on his door step.....perhaps in years to come after several years in the prem,more people from their home towns(especially with such established football league clubs) will decided to stick with them..
      Many of my mates support a club that has won more Champions League titles than Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City put together ... The club is called Crvena Zvezda Beograd ... Yet, I have supported LFC my entire life ... Do you see the irreparable flaw in you logic ?

In Successful leagues,i meant depth and quality....all other countries could achieve this given time and effort,i'm sure some part of you would like to see your home town club be successful against the best in Europe...what if L.F.C turned up....wouldn't you like to see your home town win? imagine the pride and exposure it would give your footballing nation...
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #637: Sep 29, 2011 06:25:37 pm
      Hmmm I'm not a Liverpudlian and I've supported Liverpool since the mid 80's it wasnt a choice as such as it was heredatory thing, the same way my ten year old son also inherited Liverpool F.C, its passed down from father to son.

Now I apologise for not coming from Liverpool myself, but I'm more clued up about the club than many living in Liverpool and outside of it as I've imersed myself in Liverpool for the best part of 27 years, long before Istanbul or the Sky Generation.

So with Liverpool only being for Liverpudlians, should I forget the small part I played in getting rid of Hicks & Gillett along with other Liverpool fans, should I forget I was at Hillsborough, should I stop attending and stop watching matches and buying merchandise etc and should I cancel my subscription and leave this site ?

Whilst were on about Liverpool only being for Liverpudlians, lets get rid of Kenny he's Scottish so an out of towners, what about Suarez ?, so stop being so precious mate when clubs sign players such as Suarez, its almost automatically going to find a few new supporters from Uruguay, use your loaf, thats how football works.

Well seeing as it was passed down....to me that's great and that's how thousands of Liverpool fans have come to support L.F.C....regardless of where they may live now...as for the players and management,they have a right to ply their trade anywhere and i see it as a different debate..

If My favourite player Peter Beardsley had gone to Everton(wait a minute) would i support them?

1989 should never be forgotten no matter who you support...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #638: Sep 29, 2011 06:26:56 pm
      You must get a bit of mickey taking....why bypass such a club as Swansea even more so now they in the top flight(not that,that should matter)

It's quite a fair way to travel and now you have the chance to watch your home town club compete against the very best....you must have some affinity to Swansea.... Wouldn't you want your children to support them too?

I sat next to a Cardiff fan when we played Portsmouth at home a couple of seasons ago,he travelled to all the home games with a travelling ting of maybe three and a half hours...i couldn't help thinking why not support the Bluebirds.....? but good luck to him as i could see his loyalty and dedication,still a fair way though when an emerging home town club is on his door step.....perhaps in years to come after several years in the prem,more people from their home towns(especially with such established football league clubs) will decided to stick with them..

What the F**k does it matter? Just because you're Scouse doesn't give you some god given right to slag off those who aren't but still support this club. There's fans from all over the world who understand what supporting this club means a whole lot F***ing more than you seem to. In fact you're giving Scousers a bad F***ing name and being a proud Scouser like I am, I'm embarrassed by you.

Congratulations you come from this city, not everyone is that lucky. In fact the vast majority aren't. Do you question Kenny's love for this club despite him being from Glasgow? Do you doubt Rafa's love for this club despite him being Spanish?

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference where people are from, it's what they're like as fans that counts and you seem the worst F***ing type if you ask me. Is somebody from Anfield more entitled to support us than me cos I'm from Tocky? They're nearer to the ground so they must.

Posts like yours have no place on this forum whatsoever. A F***ing disgrace is what it is.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #639: Sep 29, 2011 06:30:12 pm
      Well seeing as it was passed down....to me that's great and that's how thousands of Liverpool fans have come to support L.F.C....regardless of where they may live now...as for the players and management,they have a right to ply their trade anywhere and I see it as a different debate..

If My favourite player Peter Beardsley had gone to Everton(wait a minute) would I support them?

1989 should never be forgotten no matter who you support...

Why don't you support them? They are in the same city, stones throw from Anfield?

You sound much more like one of them than a red anyways. Can't believe the sh*te im reading from you.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #640: Sep 29, 2011 06:32:21 pm
      Well after reading your post I have been enlightened by your wisdom and I don't feel it is worth my time replying to your "wiseness".

Thank you......though i know you were being sarcastic..i'll take it anyway.

Only the club is concerned about the global market? i'm not...i couldn't give a fig if 20 million china men bought Liverpool shirts...anyway this is slightly off topic on here and may get pulled,i have written about such things  in The huge Anfield problem thread...

This started about fans moaning just the 6 games in....now the both City and Man U have faltered perhaps some will see these things take time...

Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #641: Sep 29, 2011 06:46:05 pm
      What the f**k does it matter? Just because you're Scouse doesn't give you some god given right to slag off those who aren't but still support this club. There's fans from all over the world who understand what supporting this club means a whole lot f**king more than you seem to. In fact you're giving Scousers a bad f**king name and being a proud Scouser like I am, I'm embarrassed by you.

Congratulations you come from this city, not everyone is that lucky. In fact the vast majority aren't. Do you question Kenny's love for this club despite him being from Glasgow? Do you doubt Rafa's love for this club despite him being Spanish?

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference where people are from, it's what they're like as fans that counts and you seem the worst f**king type if you ask me. Is somebody from Anfield more entitled to support us than me cos I'm from Tocky? They're nearer to the ground so they must.

Posts like yours have no place on this forum whatsoever. A f**king disgrace is what it is.

You know that football is about place...that's where the club is...we have Liverpool,Manchester has City and Utd...why don't you support Man U? because your from Liverpool...that's right.

Why am i the worst type? that's so very easy to spout...as it was me who was replying as why to people were moaning so much after Saturday....Liverpool represent Liverpool and the people...where is Anfield?

I've already written about the tens of thousands of Liverpool fans who's fathers etc have passed down their support to their sons and daughters but no longer live in the city but relocated 40 to 30 years ago,it was the same for Manchester..

I'm giving Scousers a bad name....i know you don't really believe that,just pick up the Echo to see who gives them a bad name...

You need posts like mine and yours otherwise this forum would become stale and middle of the road and then what would be the point...
      Why don't you support them? They are in the same city, stones throw from Anfield?

You sound much more like one of them than a red anyways. Can't believe the sh*te im reading from you.

If Liverpool were to fold(god forbid) or not exist then i would as would every other Liverpool fan as Everton would be the only club in the City....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,535 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #642: Sep 29, 2011 07:17:41 pm

I really have no say in the matter, I love Liverpool FC and yes, I look out for the Swans, and only ever want them to lose on two occasions (as long as they are in the Prem).

It's similar to love, you rarely have a say in it, and you can rarely switch it off when you feel like it.

There's a saying I like to spout now and again; 'there's no place for Liverpool FC in my heart - Liverpool FC is my heart'.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #643: Sep 29, 2011 07:22:13 pm
      There's a saying I like to spout now and again; 'there's no place for Liverpool FC in my heart - Liverpool FC is my heart'.

:action-smiley-035:

As for Horizons assumption that Liverpool fans would switch to Everton if Liverpool shut up shop - are you F***ing mad? I don't think any true red could just forget the rivalry and their feelings for the team and start supporting them as THE club for Liverpool.

I'd almost guarantee that there'd be fan groups springing straight up to start a new club, AFC Liverpool kinda thing. No true red, i believe, would ever just switch to THAT, i really just can't imagine it.

Quick Reply