Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Charlie Adam
      (2.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (7.3%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      (67.4%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.9%)
      Jose Enrique
      (8.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 2-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match Discussion

Read 54871 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match Discussion
      Reply #667: Sep 30, 2011 12:03:41 am
      Now I find that quite funny....and on that note unless someone else would like to wade in,we should put this matter to bed as there are no winners.....

There is one loser here though.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #668: Sep 30, 2011 12:10:19 am
      Have you ever noticed when you stop scratching that itchy spot on your arm it goes away? Just saying.

Priceless!
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #669: Sep 30, 2011 03:57:56 pm

I'm really hurt by this comment,what a crushing blow..

Well i'll console myself by actually being at a football match tomorrow....guess which one? yes that's right the Goodison derby,thats were you'll find this little loser....i'll be sure to post on here about what i see...are you watching via Sky perhaps....tut tut.

Maybe ESPN.....fantastic..

You shouldn't really follow....maybe you have one of your own.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #670: Sep 30, 2011 04:04:00 pm

Well I'll console myself by actually being at a football match tomorrow....guess which one?

I was going to suggest the Norwich game, but now I'm thinking it may be Wolves.

Can you give us another clue?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1541 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #671: Sep 30, 2011 04:29:03 pm

Well i'll console myself by actually being at a football match tomorrow....guess which one? yes that's right the Goodison derby,thats were you'll find this little loser....i'll be sure to post on here about what i see...are you watching via Sky perhaps....tut tut.

Maybe ESPN.....fantastic..
      This does not make you superior to anyone in any way whatsoever. It just means given the chance to go to a particular match, you take it. So would all of us, but we don't have that chance. We make do with Sky/Espn because there isn't much choice.

Honestly, it doesn't make you a better supporter or a human being.

I know it's probably spoken in retaliation to a previous post, but it really doesn't put you in a good light.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #672: Sep 30, 2011 05:12:26 pm

Congratulations, all that proves is LFC, unlike you, doesn't discriminate, even arseholes can get tickets.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #673: Sep 30, 2011 06:37:23 pm
      Congratulations, all that proves is LFC, unlike you, doesn't discriminate, even arseholes can get tickets.

Roddenberry - can I just commend you on that fantastic reply! +1

Red Horizon - may I also commend you on managing to bring very diverse people (whom I've seen argue vehemently with one another on various threads) together with your generally blinkered view of the world. There is almost near unanimous consensus that individuals like you are misguided and thankfully in the minority.

Your words and comments have done a great disservice to the numerous Reds (both Scousers and non-Scousers alike).

Your bigotry and condescending views are a disgrace to the traditions of the club. We've always been led, from Shankly to Rafa to Kenny, by men with strong convictions on matters pertaining to fairness and equality. You on the other hand have chosen to dismiss people who were not born within certain postcodes.

Regardless of the views of bigots, we are Reds who will follow this great institution that is Liverpool with our hearts, through thick and thin, arms linked in friendship with individuals no matter their race, nationality, religion or creed, always walking with hope in their hearts, and knowing we'll never walk alone.

zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #674: Sep 30, 2011 08:40:26 pm
      I think that what people like Red H need to see is that there are an awful lot of people in this world who don't live near a Premiership club. He is lucky, having been born in Liverpool, he only had to choose between two clubs, most of us (I'm from Wales), don't live anywhere near an EPL club, Liverpool is nearer than Swansea to me btw. So most people who follow football, want at least to say they support a famous club, and their own local club don't stand a chance of getting anywhere near the PL, so that is why so many top clubs have supporters from all over the world, and it shouldn't make them a lesser class of supporter than one born in Liverpool.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #675: Oct 02, 2011 02:46:06 am

There's no real need to call me that...i wouldn't call you that.

But the contradiction is......you've discriminated against me...Do you always think of arseholes...when on a football forum? or am i now discriminating against you?

Just try to shoot me with prose not gutter language...i'll take it if your right.

This does not make you superior to anyone in any way whatsoever. It just means given the chance to go to a particular match, you take it. So would all of us, but we don't have that chance. We make do with Sky/Espn because there isn't much choice.

Honestly, it doesn't make you a better supporter or a human being.

I know it's probably spoken in retaliation to a previous post, but it really doesn't put you in a good light.

I know it was probably uncalled for....and it was well within context give the previous posts..but still i agree i should have left it out....i'll think on next time and i don't consider my self a better fan or human being....it was really just in retaliation.
      I was going to suggest the Norwich game, but now I'm thinking it may be Wolves.

Can you give us another clue?

Now i know you can do better than that....

I'm not a Geordie .....but at least you were kind.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #676: Oct 02, 2011 03:14:06 am
      ]
      I think that what people like Red H need to see is that there are an awful lot of people in this world who don't live near a Premiership club. He is lucky, having been born in Liverpool, he only had to choose between two clubs, most of us (I'm from Wales), don't live anywhere near an EPL club, Liverpool is nearer than Swansea to me btw. So most people who follow football, want at least to say they support a famous club, and their own local club don't stand a chance of getting anywhere near the PL, so that is why so many top clubs have supporters from all over the world, and it shouldn't make them a lesser class of supporter than one born in Liverpool.

^^ good post

As for the match itself a win is a win, not the prettiest sight the first 60 minutes or so but Gerrard and Bellers sure made a difference; no comment on the red as we have had more than our share of calls going against us and deserved a break, all the better it happened against the blueshites.

As to some fan's being superior to others due to locality, I just look at the source and ignore it. A year on the boards, 243 posts of drivel and can't even come up with enough scratch to support this website; yet others are inferior....what a laugh.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #677: Oct 02, 2011 05:34:54 am
      All I can say is that I was born in worcestershire, supported LFC since I was 3, became a fanatic with every kit, books and so on. Collected autographs and became a member of the supporters club @ 7 and have seen my beloved team in the flesh on numerous occasions.

I now live in LA and nothing has changed except I get up @ 4am like today to watch the merseyside derby.

I am as passionate and committed and knowledgeable as any proper fan out there.

As a kid I used to hugely envy those of you that were from the liverpool area who were ingrained in the ways of the club and were taken along to anfield by your elders as if it were church.

I can never have that.

But to dismiss me and others like me because we aren't from the area is naïve and hugely offensive.

We are all one in our dedication though I do agree that the newer generation have a warped sense of what their purpose is in following our great institution.       
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #678: Oct 02, 2011 11:36:50 am
      ]
      ^^ good post

As for the match itself a win is a win, not the prettiest sight the first 60 minutes or so but Gerrard and Bellers sure made a difference; no comment on the red as we have had more than our share of calls going against us and deserved a break, all the better it happened against the blueshites.

As to some fan's being superior to others due to locality, I just look at the source and ignore it. A year on the boards, 243 posts of drivel and can't even come up with enough scratch to support this website; yet others are inferior....what a laugh.

Of course you don't want to mention the red as it went for us....been against us and it'll be videos ref's time again...

243 posts of drivel,I've a lot of catching up to do then on you....as your post are clearly superior to mine one can only bow to knowledge and understanding.....touche d a raw nerve did I ?..

Anyway been done to death now....seems posters just want it there own way....shame really as this is a debating chamber but seems only a few choice voices want to be heard...anyone with a differing opinion is pounced upon with language more suited to the less fortunate and less thoughtful in our great diverse world full of equality and fairness...

Here endeth the lesson......
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #679: Oct 03, 2011 03:50:33 am
      There's no real need to call me that...i wouldn't call you that.

But the contradiction is......you've discriminated against me...Do you always think of arseholes...when on a football forum? or am i now discriminating against you?

Just try to shoot me with prose not gutter language...i'll take it if your right.

Gutter language is prose and apart from the use of one word, rape (for a personal rather than philosphical stand point though), which I believe has no place in football discussions, I have no problems with the 'colourful metaphors'.  Your myopic view gave me an angle to call you an arsehole, but to take it to heart, why?  Some  of my best friends are arseholes, on certain subjects, as am I.

Your Liverpool FC for Liverpudlians stand point, a little to reminiscent of BNP or EDL policies for me.

And as for 'Here endeth the lesson', to be completely honest, it seems like your self taught and you certainly had a bad teacher.

Quick Reply