Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Club or Country?

Read 4428 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Club or Country?
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2011 07:40:59 pm
      Well i used to love watching england up to about 98 france when we had a F***ing good team that should of won the world cup under hoddle,then it just got very dull and the players in the dressing room seemed to become all powerfull/superstars and my love for liverpool intensified even more.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2011 07:58:28 pm
      Well I used to love watching england up to about 98 france when we had a f**king good team that should of won the world cup under hoddle,then it just got very dull and the players in the dressing room seemed to become all powerfull/superstars and my love for liverpool intensified even more.

I actually think England's best chance of winning the world cup was 2006. Like Euro 2004, man for man they had the best team in that tournament. In fact with Euro 2004 I believe they could have won that tournament and if they had beaten Portugal in that quarter final in Lisbon they would have gone on to win it. Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, Gary Neville, Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard had outstanding tournaments which saw all their reputations increase. World Cup 2006 though they did not show one minute in any of their matches that they could win that tournament. It was lacklustre bollocks where only Owen Hargreaves emerged with an enhanced reputation.
      It could be funnier than being Australian but I just loved the prospect of seeing the flags of Australia and New Zealand walked out and the commentator saying 'Welcome to the coverage of the 2148 World Cup final between...Australia and New Zealand!'

The South Americans would roll in their graves, the Europeans would claim some sort of ownership and everyone in the two countries represented wouldn't give two shits an hour later because they'd be piss drunk and near passed out.

You don't know how awesome that would be if Australia and New Zealand met in the world cup final! In fact I am still absolutely gutted that you lot missed out on the world cup bids last December because a world cup in Australia would have been something to behold. I've never been to Australia before but I've seen more than enough evidence in past sporting events there that they would put on the greatest world cup in history.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2011 10:48:41 pm
      I support LFC players in internationals, not the countries.  Euro 2008 was great, supporting half our squad playing for Spain.

I only supported England at the World Cup because Gerrard was captain and Carra was back in the fold (the Germany result serves Capello right for dropping Carra).  I feel no connection whatsoever to the three lions.  Best moment of the world cup was the Slovakia - Italy game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #26: Sep 27, 2011 01:26:38 am
      Wales to win the World cup and Euros or Liverpool to win the Prem and Champions League?

That is actually difficult for me, It feels like choosing which parent you love most! can I have both? :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #27: Sep 27, 2011 09:35:16 am
      I haven't got time to read through all that waffle.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28: Sep 27, 2011 10:11:07 am
      Club every day of the week, always has been. The current crop of overpaid, oversexed wasters and the circus that surround them that passes as 'team England' is a good cure for insomnia. To borrow an old quote 'if they were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains'.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Sep 27, 2011 10:12:25 am
      Club for me everytime, Enlands only good for a piss up in a tournament and the only reason you get pissed up is because it makes them getting knocked out even funnier.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #30: Sep 27, 2011 03:56:01 pm
      Club for me everytime, Enlands only good for a piss up in a tournament and the only reason you get pissed up is because it makes them getting knocked out even funnier.

And then you can also enjoy the rest of the football!!
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #31: Sep 28, 2011 12:05:36 am
      Club for me every time.  I will watch England play, and support them, but the disappointment over an England defeat never bothers me as it does when we lose.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #32: Sep 28, 2011 12:13:15 am
      Wales to win the World cup and Euros or Liverpool to win the Prem and Champions League?

That is actually difficult for me, It feels like choosing which parent you love most! can I have both? :D
      This all day and hope Ingerland take the knock to save Stevie's energy for his first love.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #33: Sep 28, 2011 12:16:23 am
      Club for me every time.  I will watch England play, and support them, but the disappointment over an England defeat never bothers me as it does when we lose.
      I agree +.

Quick Reply