Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 679843 times
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #322: Oct 17, 2008 11:57:17 pm
      also with rooneys new haircut dont you think if you paint him green he will DEFO LOOK LIKE SHREK!!! LMAO :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #323: Oct 18, 2008 05:53:05 am
      It will be awesome if the squad we have win the premier league this season to ensure that no one else will move away from Anfield. Jsut wont be the same to win it without Xabi or Stevie when he retires
      Mozza215
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #324: Oct 18, 2008 11:35:30 am
      You just can't fault his captaincy, he was backed into a corner during the Chelsea saga, but he pulled through and showed how much he loves Liverpool. 5 great years Stevie!!!
      Mozza215
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #325: Oct 18, 2008 11:39:39 am
      Captain Stevie's list:
      Premier League [   ]
      Champions' League [ x ]
      F.A. Cup [ x ]
      League Cup [ x ]
      Super Cup [ x ]
      Community Shield [ x ]
      He won the League Cup during the treble season, but if you mean during his captaincy, then no.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #326: Oct 18, 2008 12:34:31 pm
      He deserves it. Its important that the club captain is a born an bred liverpool lad
      asadliv
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #327: Oct 18, 2008 01:53:26 pm
      Captain Marvel! Continue with your superb job!
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #328: Oct 19, 2008 12:37:12 am
      i was born in 1992 so for me my greatest liverpool player ever along with fowler, owen, carra, murphy......... torres :D brilliant captain fantastic we love u
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #329: Oct 19, 2008 02:12:30 am
      I think he's gonna be my all time favourite player now :)
      violka
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #330: Oct 19, 2008 01:44:07 pm
      i  think  he  must  be  the  capitan for  all the  time that  he  will be  at  liverpool i  hope for  all his career he  is  done  a  great job
      lfc96justice
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • Cmon Lets Make Hillsborough Song Number 1 !!
      Reply #331: Oct 20, 2008 01:21:12 pm
      To Hispaniola song                                      Hope i hear lfc fans singin this at a match especially champo league match it wud be great. :P

OH steven gerrard wo wo wo wow wo
      He is well hard wow wo wo wo wo
      he hardly gets cards
      but tonight hell get a goal
      allecs95
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #332: Oct 20, 2008 06:14:27 pm
      Today is a big day for the greatest team in the world. Stevie "G" the best player...
      allecs95
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #333: Oct 20, 2008 06:16:31 pm
      We love you Gerrard,too Jamie Carragher god job Stevie...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #334: Oct 21, 2008 12:49:08 pm
      GERRARD: WE CAN'T KEEP PULLING OFF LATE VICTORIES

Daily Mirror 21 October 2008 

Steven Gerrard has warned that for all the remarkable spirit Liverpool have shown this season, they simply can't keep relying on their Houdini act to get them out of trouble. 

The Anfield club have now come from behind five times during the current campaign to win matches, the latest a last-gasp 3-2 victory over Wigan at the weekend.

Their previous game saw them claw back a two-goal deficit to defeat Manchester City. But Gerrard knows they can't keep doing it.

He said: "In the past few weeks we have proved that you can never count us out in any situation, and the battling qualities we have shown are very important.

"But we know that we can not keep conceding the lead in games like we have done in the last two matches.

Sooner or later it is going to catch up with us, and we'll pay the price.

"We have shown the grit, determination and belief that there is in this squad this season, but we have to start dictating games.

"However we are full of confidence after what we have achieved, and we believe that there is a lot more to come from this side than we have seen so far.

"We are ready to take it on to another level and the confidence we now have will help us."

Injured striker Fernando Torres will not make an emotional return to Atletico Madrid.

The Spaniard was invited by his former club as a VIP guest for the Champions League clash. But after talks with boss Rafa Benitez, he has decided to stay behind. 

********************************************************************************************

I agree we can't keep doing this.........were going to come unstuck sooner or later, but, isn't it good to think that were doing this and keeping going and not giving up like we probably would have done last season, when behind and the game looked like it was lost.

A football game lasts for 90 minutes, or in some cases like like Saturday 95 minutes  ;) so you should play right to the final whistle.

I feel that's the difference this season, even if we've gone one or two goals behind, our heads haven't dropped, and we've battled through and gone on to win games.

I like what I see..........A winning mentality, which must be a good thing to have and I'm sure that reflects around the dressing room after games, never knowing when your beat.

Good lads, keep it up  ;D

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #335: Oct 21, 2008 01:24:40 pm
      Well said MsGerrard.

Yes, well although the belief is there that we can come back from a goal, 2 goals or even 3 goals ( as in Istanbul) , I would like to go to half time a happy fan and that means a deserved couple of goals advantage and the players can really chill out more for the remaining half. Just that one day we might not be able to come back again. Is it just me or have Liverpool been playing extremely well in 2nd halves than in first halves? The first halves look little shaky but the second halves are all Liverpool

And the fact that Torres decided to stay back after talking to Rafa shows that he wants to be fit and play for us, and that means he has to sacrifice his return to the club that groomed him and stay back for rehab. This shows dedication and i really admire that :) go el nino!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #336: Oct 21, 2008 01:25:06 pm
      I agree we can't keep relying on a decent comeback. We desperately need to start stamping our authority and leading from early on.

Wouldn't mind coming back from 2-0 down against Chelsea though. :D Wouldn't half feel good to snatch a victory from them, although leading 3-0 from 30 minutes would give me just as much pleasure! ;)
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #337: Oct 22, 2008 11:18:12 pm
      This may seem like a bit of a weird topic but if someone offered Liverpool money and players for Steven Gerrard, would we sell him.

I am an avid Liverpool supporter so i would hate for us to sell him but if something came up, would it be an option.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #338: Oct 22, 2008 11:19:28 pm
      Gerrard is our biggest asset, I can't imagine him ever going. Clubs (Chavs) have tried to prise him from our grip a few times but to no avail.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #339: Oct 22, 2008 11:28:53 pm
      whilst there is no replacement for him then no amount of money would matter. but if we were offered 50/60/70 mil who would you try to bring in to do a similar job? you cant replace players of his stature. like keegan, king ken, rushie fowler. at the time we never thought we'd manage without them but the team goes on. there is no replacing these sorts of players, just a new breed that goes on to make it's own mark on the Kop. so in my mind no we should never sell him. we have proved we can win without him, but, he makes a huge diference to us when it's needed. he is 1 of a kind and we should look to keep him with us for many years to come. both he and carra will hopefully go on to be massive parts of anfield managerial folklore.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #340: Oct 22, 2008 11:37:20 pm
      This may seem like a bit of a weird topic but if someone offered Liverpool money and players for Steven Gerrard, would we sell him.

I am an avid Liverpool supporter so I would hate for us to sell him but if something came up, would it be an option.

Short and most common answer.

No.
      liverpool kosovo
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #341: Oct 23, 2008 05:39:26 pm

I am an avid Liverpool supporter so I would hate for us to sell him but if something came up, would it be an option.

No way, He is the heart of the club.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #342: Oct 23, 2008 07:40:34 pm

I am an avid Liverpool supporter so i would hate for us to sell him but if something came up, would it be an option.

To put it bluntly, NO.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #343: Oct 23, 2008 08:29:37 pm
      NO
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366