Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 679696 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #4324: Apr 28, 2014 09:26:49 am
      Gutted for Stevie him of all people, the football Gods are having a laugh.

Head up skipper, WE GO AGAIN!

Was coming in to say the same thing. The Football Gods really do know how to take the piss, especially at this Football Club's expense.

The F***ing irony, of all people, it could hvae been anyone that slipped, anyone, but no it had to be our Stevie and now all the F***ing "slip" jokes come out just to twist the knife in even further.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Love ya Stevie, just wanna give you a hug mate.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #4325: Apr 28, 2014 10:23:07 am
      feeling sad for him. But there is not a thing that he can do till end of his career that would change my opinion of him.

Head up skipper, WE GO AGAIN!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4326: Apr 28, 2014 11:01:22 am
      Very unfortunate, feel for Gerrard - football can be a very cruel game sometimes.

Having that psychological black dog hanging over you for the rest of the game would have blurred and irritated him and tbf it showed. Needed Peter what's his face in the changing room at HT to help him get over that unfortunate turn of events.

No blame here, just one of those things, "it's a funny old game".

Walk on Stevie!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4327: Apr 28, 2014 12:38:06 pm
      I feel for him after his heroics this season but he's big enough and old enough to put it behind him and carry on his great form for 2 more games and make him even more determined to do better next season.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #4328: Apr 28, 2014 06:20:18 pm
      No doubt he will still be hurting today but its good to know he has been working with Steve Peters and I've no doubts he will have half an hour with him this week. There will be plenty of time to lick wounds in the summer IF other results don't go our way but for now, it's all about the next game and its still all to play for. I'm sure the Captain will be alright, he's got over some pretty tough errors in the past and come back stronger, that own goal in the League Cup final was followed by. champions League Winners medal just 3 months later so it wouldn't be the first ime.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4329: Apr 28, 2014 06:29:35 pm
      Don't feel sorry for Stevie. For 2 reasons

1) He doesn't need our sympathy
      2) And hell put it right in the next 2 games

STEVIE GERRARD IS OUR CAPTAIN............
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #4330: Apr 28, 2014 09:00:39 pm
      If he only can lift that trophy in May.. I can't really think Gods of Fooball would let that go to City or Chelsea. Football, and entire life would sucks. 16 years of loyalty, he could easily have won it many times at Chelsea, but he stayed. If there is a little justice in this world, for his cousin (blame Chelsea fans who chanted "you're cousin is dead"), for the city. I can't believe any other way of finish. WE GO AGAIN!
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #4331: Apr 29, 2014 09:51:08 am
      Total support for Stevie from me! Honestly I do not think that we lost the game because of his mistake. Such things happen, in the long run they are even statistically expected when you play the type of football we play. After all our last man is a creative midfielder, if you want to cover for such mistakes you put 3 men behind Steven. This has worked for us for 11 games, last time it did not. If someone is to be blamed and I am not sure he should be - that is Brendan. Chelsea played the same against all top sides, that was to be expected.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #4332: Apr 29, 2014 10:48:53 am
      Total support for Stevie from me! Honestly I do not think that we lost the game because of his mistake.

I think we did but it still wasn't his fault. These things happen.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #4333: Apr 29, 2014 12:45:03 pm
      I support Stevie in the sense that the slip could have happened to anyone however his performance annoyed me. Some saw Stevie putting his heart in to the performance after the slip and giving his all to redeem himself. However for me i saw a player trying to atone for his own mistake at the cost of the greater good of the team. Many times his shots were unnecessary and just allowed Chelsea to waste more time.

It was frustrating to watch as each time he shot he had options on to keep the ball and continue to pressure Chelsea. That is done now and hopefully next game he can spur the team on to go and win.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4334: Apr 29, 2014 10:08:54 pm
      Obviously 100% support for Stevie, nobody would feel as gutted as what he is probably feeling. He's probably beating himself up enough without the fans doing it too. What I will say though, is that there is no excuse for not controlling that pass from Sakho, it's basic stuff. The slip however, incredibly unlucky and it was that what allowed Ba so much freedom.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #4335: Apr 29, 2014 10:18:56 pm
      Who fancies Stevie for the Winner Monday night?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4336: Apr 29, 2014 10:20:11 pm
      Who fancies Stevie for the Winner Monday night?

25 yard belter straight into the top corner.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #4337: Apr 29, 2014 10:22:08 pm
      25 yard belter straight into the top corner.

Thatll do for me pal :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4338: Apr 29, 2014 10:40:15 pm

Mind you, a scrappy tap in would do if we win the game!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4339: May 01, 2014 11:30:00 pm
      On a serious note if that deal has already kicked in it is a funny one him bringing to mcdonalds rather then subway. Either way great for the younglads

If the deals still going, Premiership players get free Macdonalds as well.  Saw it once, when I was working at one during my college years, was some kid on loan at Bristol City.  Be buggered if I can remember who it was.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #4340: May 03, 2014 11:48:18 pm
      Lots of opposing fans forums saying we will lose the title because of the slip. It will be like the Benitez rant urban myth. Gerrard has been key in the title being a possibility. We didn't score before or after the slip. It's looking like we would have needed 13 wins in a row plus a draw to win the title which is close to
      Impossible. These things are decided over a whole season. If only mignolet saved negredo's shot, kolo didn't pass to anichebe, Rodgers didn't play 4 centre backs against Southampton ...etc etc we would be ahead of city. The slip is one of many factors but ultimately 7th to title challengers is fairly immense
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4341: May 03, 2014 11:55:20 pm
      Lots of opposing fans forums saying we will lose the title because of the slip. It will be like the Benitez rant urban myth. Gerrard has been key in the title being a possibility. We didn't score before or after the slip. It's looking like we would have needed 13 wins in a row plus a draw to win the title which is close to
      Impossible. These things are decided over a whole season. If only mignolet saved negredo's shot, kolo didn't pass to anichebe, Rodgers didn't play 4 centre backs against Southampton ...etc etc we would be ahead of city. The slip is one of many factors but ultimately 7th to title challengers is fairly immense

It could also be Howard Webb's inability to award an obvious penalty against Chelsea when Eto'o kicked Suarez (a game which we lost 2-1), the inability for the ref to give us a penalty when Sturridge was tripped inside the box against Southampton in the first half (a game which we lost 1-0), had Sterling not been flagged offside when he was about 6-7 yards onside (a game which we ended up losing 2-1) etc...

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #4342: May 04, 2014 02:35:20 am
      Where we are is because of Stevie. He's been phenomenal this season, yet again. The life and soul of the club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #4343: May 26, 2014 09:14:36 am
      Gerrard to decide future post-Brazil
      Captain Steven Gerrard says he will consider his international career after this Summer's World Cup.
      He will talk to Hodgson and Brendan Rodgers after returning from Brazil before making a decision on his future.
      ''I'm not going to leave anyone hanging, I won't stay around if I'm not wanted'' said Stevie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27562725

Stay around if he's not wanted!!
      That's a F***ing joke, Hodgson has proved he will play our man into the F***ing ground, if right's right Stevie shouldn't be anywhere near Brazil, he should be saving the best of his remaining skills for his beloved LFC.
      F**k Hodgson and England.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #4344: May 26, 2014 05:08:05 pm
      they have to keep the class, the professional old timers, if Fat Frank is one of them then keep him too. Surely Stevie G will not give up the armband so soon, and they will not force him to.

who would replace him? which of the younger brigade is ready? nobody stands out.. Gary Cahill is perhaps one of the only candidates in terms of age, ability, cemented place in the England XI but I don't know if he shows leadership qualities. nobody is ready to take it yet and Stevie is still a club and country Captain.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4345: May 29, 2014 11:17:13 pm
      Happy 34th captain fantastic.

Quick, somebody get the bloke a birthday card...
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #4346: May 30, 2014 05:17:42 am
      Happy Birthday to the Skipper !

Quick Reply