Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 666195 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool -> LA Galaxy - > Youth Academy)
      Reply #5543: Jul 26, 2018 06:51:14 pm
      Both kent and ejaria starting tonight for rangers
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5544: Jul 26, 2018 07:17:25 pm
      Both kent and ejaria starting tonight for rangers

Nice!!! Will be watching!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5545: Aug 05, 2018 03:09:56 pm
      Last minute equalizer has denied Stevie a win on his league debut.

Don’t suppose anyone is kept tabs on Rangers since he joined? What’s the style of play looked like (although I’m conscious it’s only been pre season and Europa League qualifiers, so hardly the best barometer).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5546: Aug 05, 2018 03:22:06 pm

Don’t suppose anyone is kept tabs on Rangers since he joined? What’s the style of play looked like (although I’m conscious it’s only been pre season and Europa League qualifiers, so hardly the best barometer).

Ranger played with 10 men for 80 mins so a great away point against a half decent Aberdeen.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5547: Aug 05, 2018 03:24:45 pm

Seen all the games, at the moment it's pretty much 4-2-3-1 with a pretty intense pressing style. Lacking a bit of creativity at the moment but defensively they look pretty strong
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #5548: Aug 06, 2018 08:15:24 am
      Was pretty forthright in his post match pressers. Will need to find a way to relax a loiter more if he wants to do this long term. I reckon he has aged three or four years in 2 months since taking the job at Ibrox.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5549: Aug 06, 2018 09:12:28 am
      Was pretty forthright in his post match pressers. Will need to find a way to relax a loiter more if he wants to do this long term. I reckon he has aged three or four years in 2 months since taking the job at Ibrox.

Just needs to be more tactical but it’s never easy letting in a last minute goal. Feels excruciating
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5550: Aug 08, 2018 08:39:29 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5551: Aug 12, 2018 10:34:28 pm
      A red card for his team in each of his first two Scottish Premier League games.

Think he needs to tone down his team talks!

At least they're above Celtic, for a week or two.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5553: Aug 13, 2018 02:37:23 pm
      Objectively - he has already had a massive impact on the them.

They are at least 25% better than last season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5554: Aug 13, 2018 04:14:33 pm
      Objectively - he has already had a massive impact on the them.

They are at least 25% better than last season.

Did have to restrain myself from giving some rangers fans slating ejaria a piece of my mind but hopefully the incredibly fickle rangers give him a bit more time. Kent was excellent again
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5555: Aug 13, 2018 06:10:21 pm
      Did have to restrain myself from giving some rangers fans slating ejaria a piece of my mind but hopefully the incredibly fickle rangers give him a bit more time. Kent was excellent again

Rangers seem to have quite a bit more purpose about them since Stevie took charge.

As for Ejaria - not seen too much of Rangers but from what I saw of the last 15 minutes or so and I thought Ejaria was a proper presence for them. I then look on twitter and the idiot Rangers supporters (there's a lot of them) are chopping him down. They know F**k all about quality though. This is a bunch of people who thought Kenny Miller was their talisman, even a decade after he showed himself to be an all round sh*t player in the shittest Premier League team of all time (Derby County 2007-2008). They also treat Walter Smith (who, let's remember contributed to them going bankrupt) as some sort of divine like figure despite his awful, backwards football that embarrassed European football when they somehow got to the final of the 2008 Europa League Final (and proceeded to trash Manchester city centre). Absolute basket cases.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5556: Aug 13, 2018 06:20:48 pm
      Rangers seem to have quite a bit more purpose about them since Stevie took charge.

As for Ejaria - not seen too much of Rangers but from what I saw of the last 15 minutes or so and I thought Ejaria was a proper presence for them. I then look on twitter and the idiot Rangers supporters (there's a lot of them) are chopping him down. They know f**k all about quality though. This is a bunch of people who thought Kenny Miller was their talisman, even a decade after he showed himself to be an all round sh*t player in the shittest Premier League team of all time (Derby County 2007-2008). They also treat Walter Smith (who, let's remember contributed to them going bankrupt) as some sort of divine like figure despite his awful, backwards football that embarrassed European football when they somehow got to the final of the 2008 Europa League Final (and proceeded to trash Manchester city centre). Absolute basket cases.
      Agree with most of that, but just because Miller was bad at county doesn't mean he was bad at Rangers. I never seen Miller play to be fair... unless he played against us.. it is not something I would remember. Look at Ox for Arsenal v Ox for Liverpool, you would think they are different players. As for Rangers, been best in the league this season. They played majority of 2 games with 10 men. Should be top of the league, first red has been reverted to yellow now. Really backing Rangers over Celtic, I have no connection to Celtic, even thought I am 25% Irish other than they have a great song.. YNWA, but Gerrard v Rodgers? Always going to back Gerrard! Rodgers is so average it is unbelievable. Average signings, Average results... he had no problem winning SPL every year because no competition, but couldn't make Celtic look like they used to be in Europe. Rangers will dethrone Celtic. Gerrard and Liverpool's obvious support with loan signings will be key.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018 06:25:43 pm by Ribapuru »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5557: Aug 13, 2018 06:33:20 pm

As for Ejaria - not seen too much of Rangers but from what I saw of the last 15 minutes or so and I thought Ejaria was a proper presence for them. I then look on twitter and the idiot Rangers supporters (there's a lot of them) are chopping him down. They know f**k all about quality though. This is a bunch of people who thought Kenny Miller was their talisman, even a decade after he showed himself to be an all round sh*t player in the shittest Premier League team of all time (Derby County 2007-2008). They also treat Walter Smith (who, let's remember contributed to them going bankrupt) as some sort of divine like figure despite his awful, backwards football that embarrassed European football when they somehow got to the final of the 2008 Europa League Final (and proceeded to trash Manchester city centre). Absolute basket cases.

Classic example was josh windass, he was either excellent or absolutely useless in people's eyes, despite being the joint top goalscorer last season. Will be interested to see how celtic go in the next few weeks as a bit of unrest is being mentioned,  losing in the cl qualifiers would be interesting
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5558: Aug 13, 2018 06:35:51 pm
      Agree, didn't see the game yet, but I would imagine he needs to adjust to the responsibility. He is good enough talent wise, but the pressure is bigger in this kind of team. He looks talented so they should be patient. Liverpool won't be sending Celtic players very often because in the past they weren't treated well on loan. Rangers fans should take note of this, if they treat our loan players well there could be a lot more talent going that way. Woodburn, Wilson etc..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5559: Aug 13, 2018 06:36:59 pm
      Agree with most of that, but just because Miller was bad at county doesn't mean he was bad at Rangers. I never seen Miller play to be fair... unless he played against us.. it is not something I would remember. Look at Ox for Arsenal v Ox for Liverpool, you would think they are different players. As for Rangers, been best in the league this season. They played majority of 2 games with 10 men. Should be top of the league, first red has been reverted to yellow now. Really backing Rangers over Celtic, I have no connection to Celtic, even thought I am 25% Irish other than they have a great song.. YNWA, but Gerrard v Rodgers? Always going to back Gerrard! Rodgers is so average it is unbelievable. Average signings, Average results... he had no problem winning SPL every year because no competition, but couldn't make Celtic look like they used to be in Europe. Rangers will dethrone Celtic. Gerrard and Liverpool's obvious support with loan signings will be key.

My leanings are blue mainly because of when souness went their but old firm fans are amongst the most schizophrenic around,  so want stevie to be successful., not as anti brendan as that, just felt in the end he lost the plot a bit
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5560: Aug 13, 2018 06:41:04 pm
      Classic example was josh windass, he was either excellent or absolutely useless in people's eyes, despite being the joint top goalscorer last season. Will be interested to see how celtic go in the next few weeks as a bit of unrest is being mentioned,  losing in the cl qualifiers would be interesting
      Celtic probably thought that Gerrard would be happy taking the role and finishing 2nd in SPL. After one transfer window, Rangers look better so Celtic are panicking I guess. The results their right now show that it only takes a bit of competition to knock them of their perch. Eventually they'll become a team with great character  :f_whistle:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #5561: Aug 13, 2018 06:45:48 pm
      Wow a crazy amount of overreaction to one defeat. Rangers are certainly not going to ‘dethrone’ Celtic.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5562: Aug 13, 2018 06:48:27 pm
      My leanings are blue mainly because of when souness went their but old firm fans are amongst the most schizophrenic around,  so want stevie to be successful., not as anti brendan as that, just felt in the end he lost the plot a bit
      I am not anti brendan either, but he one of those managers that in the right job can look good.. kind of like Jose at a superpower with unlimited funds.. although Rodgers doesn't moan or talk as much sh*te. A good manager improves the team. That could be from League one to Championship or Championship to premiership or bottom half to top half, an unlikely trophy without needing hundreds of millions. Some managers just go to a club and there is no improvement at all.. Rodgers is on the same level as Steve Bruce! It would be well deserved if Gerrard's Rangers exposed that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5563: Aug 13, 2018 07:05:09 pm

Got to be honest - I baulked at Celtic re signing Izaguirre one year after selling him. Just indicates that for all their dominance in recent years there current transfer strategy is non existent and it's a rather pathetic sight to see a 32 year old, fairly average player return to Celtic colours.

As you said there are indications that things aren't as smooth for Celtic as they were for the last couple of years. They should still win the league at a canter but if they fail to impress and degrade in quality in the process then there may be a theory bandied about that Rodgers can only get so much out of his teams before they slide - an inability to build upon good foundations he has set. Of course it's a theory that will be, in large part, established by his own failings with us after his second season here. People associate 'third season decline' with Mourinho but it may potentially apply to Brendan if things become underwhelming for them this season. A failure to qualify for the CL and suddenly (potentially) finding themselves at the same level in Europe as Rangers would be something of a disaster for them.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #5564: Aug 13, 2018 07:12:05 pm
      Good start for Stevie, as Rangers manager. Interesting to see how things develop, through the season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5565: Aug 13, 2018 10:43:42 pm
      Wow a crazy amount of overreaction to one defeat. Rangers are certainly not going to ‘dethrone’ Celtic.

No they aren’t - the gap is at least as big as City to the rest over a season (in England) in real terms.....

However, as I said earlier, Stevie has had an
      Immediate impact in terms of organisation and attitude.

Quick Reply