Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Items for a local charity night?

Read 1550 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Items for a local charity night?
      Oct 11, 2011 07:00:29 pm
      Some reds on here may be able to help.

Hi there my name is Joanne and im from Birkenhead.

A couple of weeks ago a very good friend of mine Lisa, lost her daughter Hayley Holmes tragically when Hayley was found on new brighton beach, you may of heard about this terrible tragedy from the news or in the echo.

So myself and a couple of friends have decided organise a fund raising event in order to get hayley a beautiful headstone, (which i wish that we didnt have to as she was far too young to go) We have been e-mailing alot of different places for items to raffle/auction and have had an excellent response. Up to now we have received vouchers for beauty treatments, tickets for days out such as bowling, adventure land, family meals and lots more. That brings me to why i am writing to you.

Hayley was a Liverpool supporter the first game she went to was when liverpool played manchester united and liverpool won it was me who took Hayley to this game and as an Everton fan myself i didnt think i would enjoy it but i must admit it was the best game i have ever seen and the atmosphere was fantastic. Which brings me to the reason i am writing to you I was wondering if it would be possible to donate an item for us to auction as i know a Liverpool item would attract an amazing amount of attention.

I have also written to Everton, Tranmere and Morecambe FC, as my cousin is married to the manager Jim Bentley and i know Jim is doing all he can to help us. I would really appreciate it if you could do all you can to help us make the night a success in the name of Hayley Holmes.               

Thank you for giving your time to read this

hope to hear from you soon

J.Down x

If anybody has anything suitable they would like to donate for this local charity night then PM me for the contact details.

The funeral was recently held for Hayley - Echo story

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Items for a local charity night?
      Reply #1: Oct 13, 2011 10:36:39 pm
      Best of luck to Joanne and all involved. And well in for the notion of this charity night. I hope someone can donate something that will raise a good bit of dosh.

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Oct 13, 2011 10:39:30 pm
      Terrible this has to happen for someone so young.

Hope it is a massive success.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Oct 14, 2011 12:43:58 pm
      Only just seen this thread.

There was an auction in my local last week (The Willows which is in Upton) with loads of footie stuff and I am pretty sure there was some stuff that didn't go.

Will see if I am right and report back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #4: Oct 14, 2011 02:14:53 pm
      Thanks to what-a-hit-son for the donation of his prize.  I have passed your details on to the lady who is organising the event which is being held over in the Wirral on Saturday night.

The forum has also donated £50 to the cause.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,278 posts | 801 
      Reply #5: Oct 14, 2011 02:20:02 pm
      When is it JD mate? I've a signed top Liverpool top from a few seasons ago lying in a cupboard somewhere which I forgot about, the certificate of authenticity should be with it (although I'm not sure if it is) but I'll have a look around and see if I can find it!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6: Oct 14, 2011 06:13:38 pm
      When is it JD mate? I've a signed top Liverpool top from a few seasons ago lying in a cupboard somewhere which I forgot about, the certificate of authenticity should be with it (although I'm not sure if it is) but I'll have a look around and see if I can find it!

Tomorrow night mate so you will have to be quick.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,278 posts | 801 
      Reply #7: Oct 14, 2011 08:09:05 pm
      Awk sh*te! Unfortunately I'm on the drink so won't be home til Sunday!

I'll tell ye what, I'll raffle it for Zoe's place or something!

Quick Reply