Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

250 for Dirk

Read 3972 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: 250 for Dirk
      Reply #23: Oct 17, 2011 06:21:46 pm
      Nice one Dirk.

Top player, top bloke.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 17, 2011 06:36:07 pm
      wonder how many miles he has covered in the 249games so for bet its more than most players
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Oct 17, 2011 06:43:29 pm
      Well done Dirk Kuyt, very well deserved.

One of the best professionals this club has ever had.

His workrate on the pitch is second to none, runs as hard as player I've ever seen.

Has great determination, he's willing to finish a match running endlessly and be willing to run through a brick wall and come through fighting on the other side.

Very professional in everything he does, for example, when Rafa moved him to the right wing, he did so with no compliants and still put in 110% every single game, even though he was unknown to that position. He donates quite a bit of his wages to charity and he runs a few charity events raising thousand of pounds.

Never lets his held drop when he doesn't get a first team spot, he just looks at ways of improving himself and by proving to the manager that he should be playing.

For any young, inspiring footballer, he should be the footballer to inspire to on and off the field. Think we could all gain something from following Dirk.

Not the best technically, skillfully or pacy but he more then makes up for that with his shear hard work, never give up attitude and his determination to improve.

Also he gets vital goals at vital times. Takes a very unique skill to do that, Dirk has that ability.

Well done Dirk, well deserved!!!
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2011 07:16:20 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 17, 2011 08:32:03 pm
      Thanks Dirk
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,600 posts | 1508 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Oct 17, 2011 08:36:06 pm
      Awesome! The kind of player I would want in my team if I was a manager, might not be the best footballer, but he gives everything he has from 0 - 90 Mins off a match, never stops.

Congratz!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Oct 17, 2011 10:26:05 pm
      I've been guilty of doubting his ability from time to time and he's always made me eat my words. I've never doubted his honesty, loyalty and work ethic tho' and I agree he deserves more credit than he's got (from me anyhow) - well done Dirk.

Same here.

Never thought he was a bad player, but his impact i have questioned.

Can't doubt him in the big games though. He's always there for us.

Well in Dirk!

YNWA.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,312 posts | 4950 
      Reply #29: Oct 17, 2011 10:35:56 pm
      I've been guilty of doubting his ability from time to time and he's always made me eat my words. I've never doubted his honesty, loyalty and work ethic tho' and I agree he deserves more credit than he's got (from me anyhow) - well done Dirk.

I think many of us have been guilty of criticising Dirk from time to time bad boy especially with his poor touch at times.

But his energy, excellent movement and knack of scoring important goals has proven to be crucial at times over the years.
      plyred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      • It's bigger on the inside
      Reply #30: Oct 17, 2011 10:42:52 pm
      The best thing of Kuyt is that he usually appears in the hardest moments. He saved us against Standard Liege several years ago, and last season in some matches (like Man United or Sparta Prague). He's a player we always can trust.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: 250 for DIrk
      Reply #31: Oct 17, 2011 10:48:27 pm
      I wanted to sell hIm 3 seasons ago and the bugger Is stIll here! Made me eat my words too BBB. FantastIc character, work ethIc and team fIrst mentalIty.

Maybe sell hIm now before hIs legs go  :laugh:

I've done my fair share of slaggIng hIm off the years as well. Funnily enough over on Newkit there was one plonker In particular who was so vociferous In hIs defence of Dirk that you'd end up arguing wIth HIM about HIM rather than about the player. There was a period where he was playing up top and he was absolutely terrible, but he's made himself Into a competent right midfielder. There are still spells during matches where he is mInd-blowingly bad (there were periods on Saturday) but It Is testimony to his character that he bounces back and ends the game playing reasonably OK. I like him these days, and he's proved me wrong many a time.

Well done DIrk, a good pro and all clubs need them.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: 250 for DIrk
      Reply #32: Oct 17, 2011 10:49:17 pm
      Not the best player we've ever had, but has chipped in with some very important goals. Plus his work rate is a shining example to younger players.

Well done Dirk.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #33: Oct 17, 2011 10:58:03 pm
      Done a great job for us.  Still pops up with the odd goal and single handedly won us our Europa League place the previous season.

Long term, you need someone on the wing capable of trapping a ball, and the last couple of times I've seen him he looks like he has lost a little bit of his fitness and drive.

Hope it's a temporary blip although I still think he will be an important member of the team at least until next summer.

Giving him a contract extension was a wise decision from a financial point of view.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #34: Oct 18, 2011 06:32:56 pm
      Also he gets vital goals at vital times. Takes a very unique skill to do that, Dirk has that ability.

Last April, I worked out just how many of his goals were those 'vital' goals. I counted top 6 opposition and then any last minute winners/equalisers in other games and roughly 50% of all his LFC goals were those 'vital' goals. He has a knack for them.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2011 07:09:25 pm
      Well done Dirk for a player of your talent 250 games for Liverpool is truly epic.
      I'm not never have been & never will be your biggest fan but you are an inspiration to everybody fella.
      You have maximised your limited god given talent incredible well, many footballer's the world over with double your talent won't achieve half what you have son.
      You are a credit to yourself your family your country & to LFC.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36: Oct 18, 2011 09:02:11 pm
      Done a great job for us.  Still pops up with the odd goal and single handedly won us our Europa League place the previous season.

Long term, you need someone on the wing capable of trapping a ball, and the last couple of times I've seen him he looks like he has lost a little bit of his fitness and drive.

Hope it's a temporary blip although I still think he will be an important member of the team at least until next summer.

Giving him a contract extension was a wise decision from a financial point of view.

He absolutely deserves a contract extension for his contribution, goals and consistent commitment over the years.

He isn't the best player we've had and sometimes has the touch of a donkey with fat legs, but makes up for it. To me, his loss of form and fitness is down to not getting regular games, but he's still going to be a valuable squad player for a couple of seasons.

Wish everyone had his work ethic.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37: Oct 18, 2011 10:13:16 pm

Me Have Munchie And Eat Me Words Too.

Great work rate always put a shift in and has had his moments he has thoroughly deserved, like the Manc hat trick.
      Always under rated.
      Grafter just like Jimmy Case was.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: Oct 19, 2011 12:15:57 am
      Never gives up, runs until the final whistle, Shanks would have loved Dirk as a player and I can't pay him a higher compliment than that.

Well done on almost reaching your 250th appearance for Liverpool Football Club, loyal and a true servant, here's to many more appearances Dirk.
      Redman88
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 19, 2011 12:25:24 am
      One of the hardest working players in the team and never gives up. He is a great bloke as well because he was happy enough to stop for a few photos when we were in Holland ;D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,165 posts | 263 
      Reply #40: Oct 19, 2011 04:40:14 am
      Great. Always love Dirk Kuyt as Liverpool player.
      One thing I'm always imagine since Dirk's second year at LFC was how good if Rafa try to transform Dirk Kuyt to play DM (Mascherano role). Really love Dirk's determination, extremely high work rate and that's thanks to his superb physical and mental conditions.
      And one thing I don't want to see is we play Dirk on the right, he's a striker and not a winger.  Play him there just never a good for LFC nor him.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Oct 19, 2011 05:12:21 am
      One of my absolute favorite players here. Have a shirt with his name, and will be proud as punch to look at it when i'm 70 as i am now at 23. Just one of those players who has embraced the club, and one of the only players in the world who puts in everything he can every game. Of course he aint perfect, but he makes up for that with work ethic that exceeds many many others.

Well done Dirky lad, hope to see you knock in a few more quality goals and appearances before your time is done.

Quick Reply