Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions for LFC v United?

Liverpool win
      (84.4%)
      Draw
      (10.3%)
      Man Utd win
      (5.3%)

Liverpool vs Manchester United Pre-Match (15/10/11)

Read 56377 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Liverpool vs Manchester United Pre-Match (15/10/11)
      Reply #437: Oct 14, 2011 12:05:20 pm
      The Boy's from the Mersey book summed it up when Nicky Allt said he no idea how much they despised us. They're (self) loathing along with EFC's is far too unhealthy IMO and is definitely a manifestation of us lording it over everybody in England and Europe for so long. If they look into their soul, deep down they just want to be us and that must seriously hurt.

We should just call them wools, because it wrecks their heads. They love being "mancs" with their late 20th Century made-up accent & identity. It makes them feel nearly scouse. But they're wools and they hate it.  Big city and all that but just the same wools as Oldham, Bury, Wigan, Bolton and the rest of old sheep-shagging Lancashire.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #438: Oct 14, 2011 12:08:56 pm
      Have to disagree with Rafa here, it's fairly obvious the vast majority of his 76 signings over the 5 years he was in charge were failures. I'd say less than 20 worthy of wearing the Liverpool shirt.

Just take a look at the money he spent on players next to Fergie over the same period...

Liverpool nett spend

Spent 247m Received 134m Nett Spend 113m

United nett spend

Spent 188m Received 161m Nett Spend 27m

From those stats Rafa's statement that Fergie was more successful because of the money he spent doesn't stand up to scrutiny. United spent less but were still more successful over that 5 year period. This can only suggest that Fergie is overall the more skilled manager. Sickening but true.

are you kidding me? not only did they recieve 80million for a grease fest, they've been consistently outpsending their rivals. Fergie, as good as a manager he is, would never have won so many things had he not had so much money at his disposal from sponsorships and Sky (the very same Sky he is now slagging off...that's the character of the man).

We all love stats, so here's one for you. In 10 years between 1993 and 2002, united broke the british transfer record 5 times (1993 Roy Keane, 1995 Andy Cole, 2001 Ruud van Nistelrooy, 2001 Juan Sebastián Verón, 2002 Rio Ferdinand Leeds United), one team responsible for half the transfer records. Why did it stop after 2002? Cos chavski and citeh came along. So don't let me hear you say united don't owe all those titles to money.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #439: Oct 14, 2011 12:09:58 pm
      The Boy's from the Mersey book summed it up when Nicky Allt said he no idea how much they despised us. They're (self) loathing along with EFC's is far too unhealthy IMO and is definitely a manifestation of us lording it over everybody in England and Europe for so long. If they look into their soul, deep down they just want to be us and that must seriously hurt.

We should just call them wools, because it wrecks their heads. They love being "mancs" with their late 20th Century made-up accent & identity. It makes them feel nearly scouse. But they're wools and they hate it.  Big city and all that but just the same wools as Oldham, Bury, Wigan, Bolton and the rest of old sheep-shagging Lancashire.

made me chuckle this :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #440: Oct 14, 2011 12:10:00 pm
      Amen brother. And let me add that Kenny had a break down not because he couldn't handle the pressure of trying to bring success to the club and city (reason he himself used) but because he was grieving for the 96. Would Fergie ever grieve for anyone? Didn't think so

For those who think the games between us and scum are just about football, I'd like to point out that it isn't and never has been. It's about good vs evil. It isn't even about life and death, much more important than that ;)

Talk about the 96 then use that quote of Shankly? Do you not the sickening irony in that? Football isn't more important than life and death, the 96 proved that. I'd rather have had the 96 return home than us beat Forest. So swerve that quote, especially when talking about the 96 or the Hillsborough disaster in any shape or form.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #441: Oct 14, 2011 12:19:43 pm
      Amen brother. And let me add that Kenny had a break down not because he couldn't handle the pressure of trying to bring success to the club and city (reason he himself used) but because he was grieving for the 96. Would Fergie ever grieve for anyone? Didn't think so

For those who think the games between us and scum are just about football, I'd like to point out that it isn't and never has been. It's about good vs evil. It isn't even about life and death, much more important than that ;)

Oops a daisy!
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #442: Oct 14, 2011 12:24:24 pm
      Couldn't help but laugh at this  :lmao: Must be that haircut thats tipped him over the edge  ;)

Just when you think that Rooney couldn't look any worse ;D  :lmao: or is the just a ploy to get him in to the under 21 team after being served a 3 match international ban?  ???
      Plus it doesn't really matter if he plays or not tomorrow De Gea will be to busy picking the ball out of his own net for Rooney to even get a touch ;D

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #443: Oct 14, 2011 12:26:26 pm
      Talk about the 96 then use that quote of Shankly? Do you not the sickening irony in that? Football isn't more important than life and death, the 96 proved that. I'd rather have had the 96 return home than us beat Forest. So swerve that quote, especially when talking about the 96 or the Hillsborough disaster in any shape or form.

That's not what i mean, I apolgise, to anyone that post offended. It was ignorant of me and completely unintentional. Genuinely, I regret it in hindsight, it came out completely different to what I intended.

Moderators please feel free to remove the post.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #444: Oct 14, 2011 12:28:16 pm

That's not what I mean, I apolgise, to anyone that post offended. It was ignorant of me and completely unintentional. Genuinely, I regret it in hindsight, it came out completely different to what I intended.

For what its worth I know that mate!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #445: Oct 14, 2011 12:31:32 pm

That's not what i mean, I apolgise, to anyone that post offended. It was ignorant of me and completely unintentional. Genuinely, I regret it in hindsight, it came out completely different to what I intended.

I know you didn't mean offence by it mate.

That quote just always leaves a bit of a sour taste in me mouth now, especially when in relation to the disaster. I know Shanks didn't mean any offence to anybody who'd passed away when he said it but now I feel it's a bit distasteful given that 96 of our own didn't return home from a football match. I always look at it as would I rather have the 96 survive or beat Forest in the 89 semi final, I know which one I'd choose which is why football isn't more important than life and death. It's one of Shanks' more famous sayings as well which means a lot of people quote it. Me nan and granddad even got me a t-shirt with the quote on, I couldn't take it off them.

Anyways, we've got a match to win so lets get back to that. Lets tw*t the biggest club in Manchester on the 27th November but first lets tw*t United this Saturday.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #446: Oct 14, 2011 12:54:05 pm
      Are you F***ing serious lad?

3 League titles, 2 FA Cups as Liverpool manager before going onto conquer the League again with Blackburn. The only player/manager to do the double and he did that in his first season as well as scoring the goal that clinched the title against Chelsea himself. The only man to win the title with two different clubs in the 90s.  The man who created possibly Liverpool's finest ever side in the late 80s with a front four of Aldridge, Barnes, Beardsley and Houghton. Any man who can create a side that's considered one of our greatest is a F***ing great manager given the great sides he has to compete with. He was in charge for our record top flight win, a 9-0 hammering over Palace, our record League Cup victory, 10-0 over Fulham and our record FA Cup proper win 8-0 over Swansea (we have beat Newtown 9-0 but that was a qualifier).

So what the F**k are you banging on about him not being a great manager? Is Shanks not a great manager because he too "walked away" in 74. He wasn't sacked, he resigned so does that mean he's not great for walking away? Is Bob not a great manager cos he walked away in 83? He too resigned and wasn't sacked. Is Smokin' Joe not a great manager because he walked away in 85? He wasn't sacked, he resigned. More to do with the Heysel disaster than anything. Same way Kenny's resignation or his "throwing in the towel" as you put it was more to do with the Hillsborough disaster. That took it's toll on Kenny, the man was drained and asked for some time away from the club that Moores wouldn't give. Alls that Kenny could do, for his own health, was resign. And after time off he returned to management to win the League with Blackburn and take Newcastle to their first FA Cup final since 74 when they beaten comfortably in us in Shankly's last game as manager before he "walked away".

So I think you best rethink whether or not Kenny is a great manager because he F***ing is. If you don't think so then you're a F***ing dickhead. He's right up there as one of the all time greats. For what he achieved in such a small space of time is unbelievable. He took over when the club was at an all time low because of the Heysel disaster and still went onto achieve everything he possibly could. His man management skills are second to none. To rally a group of players up, not once but twice after horrific disasters, shows just how good a manger Kenny is.

The very next year after both disasters we won the League, that's how good a man and a manager Kenny Dalglish is. And he's F***ing twice the manager that drunken whiskey nose c**t up the East Lancs is. So you can F**k off Keith with your sh*t that Kenny isn't a great manager and you can F***ing disappear off the forum for alls I care for saying Kenny "threw in the towel" after Hillsborough. That's F***ing sickening, not surprised to see it from one of your lot though. You F***ing bunch of cu*ts, the F***ing lot of you. I F***ing hate your club, your manager and the F***ing idiotic fans like you that your club attracts. So F**k off with your sh*t that Kenny isn't a great manager.

Can't wait for Saturday for Kenny to prove just how a good a manager he is when he masterminds another victory of your shower of sh*te. We're gonna F***ing tw*t you again, this time by even more than a 3-1 margin. Fancy us to net at least 6 past your sh*t Spanish keeper and Kenny to celebrate everyone right in front of that tw*t Ferguson.

Not very often do I see a post and wish I'd written it but that's one right there. There was one by Daz once that was so filthy it made me privileged to have read it but there ya go. ;D

Calm down mate, I think the majority of us understood the sentiment and meaning you were trying to get across.

We all make mistakes and a mistake from a genuine Red is easily forgiven. ;)

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #447: Oct 14, 2011 12:54:20 pm
      We need to be very careful this Sat. I notice the scums starts a game at a very very fast pace and when they score an early goal it'll be an uphill task for the other team, as they will need to open up the game which gave the scums the chance to exploit further. We need to start the game at FULL ALERT and not caught napping. We need to also hit them at a very fast pace right from the start of the game, hope we get an early goal and they will need to open up the game further to allow us to exploit their defence further as it is not as solid as many thought as they normally deflect their defensive weakness by playing the ball very high up the opposition half. We need to kick the ball back into their half at every given opportunity to put the pressure back on them. We will also need to close them down fast, the first ball out of their defence will be most crucial, if we can distrupt their build-up, we'll most certainly get things under control. I'm confident of a 2-0 scoreline in our favour.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #448: Oct 14, 2011 01:33:48 pm
      Sir Alex Ferguson calls on Manchester United fans to respect Liverpool

• 'Stop Hillsborough chants,' says United's manager
      • 'Liverpool-United is the biggest game of the season'

Sir Alex Ferguson has called for Manchester United fans to respect Liverpool and cease singing about the Hillsborough disaster.

Ferguson takes his team to Anfield on Saturday lunchtime and has requested United fans stop chants about the 1989 FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough at which 96 Liverpool supporters died.

"I always consider this to be the game of the season in English football," Ferguson said. "We need each other. Respect should be adhered to. Shouts of Hillsborough don't do either club any good."

His comments come after last month's Carling Cup match between Leeds and Manchester United at Elland Road.

The game was marred by chants about the 1958 Munich air disaster, in which 11 United players and staff were killed, and Leeds's game at Galatasaray in 2000 when two of the Yorkshire club's supporters were stabbed to death.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/14/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-liverpool
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #449: Oct 14, 2011 01:34:21 pm
      I'm expecting us both to get out of the traps very fast and for the neutral it will be a F***ing hum-dinger of an opening 20 at the very least.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #450: Oct 14, 2011 01:43:19 pm
      are you kidding me? not only did they recieve 80million for a grease fest, they've been consistently outpsending their rivals. Fergie, as good as a manager he is, would never have won so many things had he not had so much money at his disposal from sponsorships and Sky (the very same Sky he is now slagging off...that's the character of the man).

We all love stats, so here's one for you. In 10 years between 1993 and 2002, united broke the british transfer record 5 times (1993 Roy Keane, 1995 Andy Cole, 2001 Ruud van Nistelrooy, 2001 Juan Sebastián Verón, 2002 Rio Ferdinand Leeds United), one team responsible for half the transfer records. Why did it stop after 2002? Cos chavski and citeh came along. So don't let me hear you say united don't owe all those titles to money.

Of coarse money is a huge factor for success in the modern football era whoever has it whether it's the Mancs, Chelski, Citeh or us. The next few seasons will tell if Citeh with all their money can repeat Uniteds title achievements of the last two decades.  I'm only baseing my opinion on the 6 seasons Rafa was managing Liverpool. Rafa spent more and achieved less than Fergie. Success as a manager cannot solely depend on the money you have at your disposal. Look at how many managers Madrid, Milan, Chelski have had in the last 20 years, United have had one, he might be a chunt but you cannot deny he's an excellent manager and a more skillful manager than Rafa was, if you do you're only fooling yourself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #451: Oct 14, 2011 01:51:07 pm
      he might be a chunt but you cannot deny he's an excellent manager and a more skillful manager than Rafa was, if you do you're only fooling yourself.

A day before the game, you can get to F**k.

4-1 at Old Trafford says you're talking out of your arse lad!

Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #452: Oct 14, 2011 01:56:18 pm
      F**k ferguson F**k united F**k keith we are liverpool and we will win YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #453: Oct 14, 2011 01:57:19 pm
      F**k ferguson F**k united F**k keith we are liverpool and we will win YNWA

Is the right answer.

I'm already getting in the mood!
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #454: Oct 14, 2011 01:59:40 pm
      Of coarse money is a huge factor for success in the modern football era whoever has it whether it's the Mancs, Chelski, Citeh or us. The next few seasons will tell if Citeh with all their money can repeat Uniteds title achievements of the last two decades.  I'm only baseing my opinion on the 6 seasons Rafa was managing Liverpool. Rafa spent more and achieved less than Fergie. Success as a manager cannot solely depend on the money you have at your disposal. Look at how many managers Madrid, Milan, Chelski have had in the last 20 years, United have had one, he might be a chunt but you cannot deny he's an excellent manager and a more skillful manager than Rafa was, if you do you're only fooling yourself.

I'd take Roy Hodgson over Alex Ferguson.

The point is, he's a c**t and so are United. And you're talking sh*te.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #455: Oct 14, 2011 02:00:48 pm
      Is the right answer.

I'm already getting in the mood!
      As long as we don't get fu**ed on the pitch that will do for me.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #456: Oct 14, 2011 02:08:56 pm

Oh and comparing six F***ing seasons to 20 years is a bit F***ing pathetic. How long did it take Ferguson to win his first trophy at utd?

Rafa won the European cup in his first season! One F***ing season and he won a trophy, just like Kenny, who in his first season won the double.

Four seasons it took Ferguson to win his first trophy at Utd.

So how's your comparison now softarse?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #457: Oct 14, 2011 02:46:11 pm
      Oh and comparing six f**king seasons to 20 years is a bit f**king pathetic. How long did it take Ferguson to win his first trophy at utd?

Rafa won the European cup in his first season! One f**king season and he won a trophy, just like Kenny, who in his first season won the double.

Four seasons it took Ferguson to win his first trophy at Utd.

So how's your comparison now softarse?

I fully appreciate Rafa is a top manager. He played a big part in making the seemingly impossible possible that night in Istanbul, although Stevie G played the biggest role in both getting us there and winning it. I hate Fergie just as much as the next Liverpool supporter, hate him as a man that is, but i can't deny he's a top quality manager as much as it pains me. Judging by how irate you are at my opinion you're obviously a Rafa lover and would rather suck the mans c*ock than have anything negative said about him so it's pointless arguing with you.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #458: Oct 14, 2011 02:53:05 pm
      I fully appreciate Rafa is a top manager. He played a big part in making the seemingly impossible possible that night in Istanbul, although Stevie G played the biggest role in both getting us there and winning it. I hate Fergie just as much as the next Liverpool supporter, hate him as a man that is, but I can't deny he's a top quality manager as much as it pains me. Judging by how irate you are at my opinion you're obviously a Rafa lover and would rather suck the mans c*ock than have anything negative said about him so it's pointless arguing with you.

How silly of him, being appreciative of a Liverpool European Cup winning manager in a Liverpool Football Club forum :o instead of Alex Ferguson. Shocking indeed.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #459: Oct 14, 2011 02:53:15 pm
      I fully appreciate Rafa is a top manager. He played a big part in making the seemingly impossible possible that night in Istanbul, although Stevie G played the biggest role in both getting us there and winning it. I hate Fergie just as much as the next Liverpool supporter, hate him as a man that is, but i can't deny he's a top quality manager as much as it pains me. Judging by how irate you are at my opinion you're obviously a Rafa lover and would rather suck the mans c*ock than have anything negative said about him so it's pointless arguing with you.

WUM

That is all.

Quick Reply