Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Rangers 1:0 Liverpool, (Friendly) Pre-Live-Post match comments.

Read 16557 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Reds to face Rangers
      Reply #46: Oct 05, 2011 01:24:33 am
      So a busy end to the month then...

15 - Man United H
      18 - Rangers A (friendly)
      22 - Norwich H
      26 - Stoke A (cup)
      29 - West Brom A

IKWT
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #47: Oct 05, 2011 01:26:04 am
      Urghhhh chavvy loving cu*ts.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #48: Oct 05, 2011 05:14:34 am
      i think  we'll send a strong team up there because this game in my opinion has been arranged to keep our players match fitness up to the strength of the others who are competing in europe. Its so important we do this because training is no substitute for match time on the pitch, even if its a freindly. Its been a long time since weve had no european football so i think its a smart move, no one will be run into the ground and we'll get a chance togive a few others a run out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #49: Oct 05, 2011 09:29:04 am
      Can't imagine Rangers pulling the plug on this because of the comments from a few opinionated bellends on some third rate forum. They would be playing superior opposition with a history to match and as Rangers and a minority of supporters (apparently) acknowledge, their club can only benefit from the game.
      The nobheads concerned mustn't appreciate the subtleties of the Chelsea comparison or have the sense to avoid it's implications but sense and some of those forum members are complete strangers.   
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #50: Oct 05, 2011 04:43:28 pm
      I know we're not in Europe but still comes as a bit of a shock this. Don't really see much point of it myself. Suppose it gives a chance for a few fringe players to get a game.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Oct 05, 2011 08:36:21 pm
      Very pointless game but will  head along to it none the less, seing as it is only an hour away and haven't been able to get to any games for a while. And too add to the fact that I hate Ra*gers "when we win" it will be a nice addition to the evening.

Tickets go on general sale for us on Monday morning.
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      Reply #52: Oct 05, 2011 09:04:45 pm
      Out of interest, cause of the European fixtures, will this be on TV?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #53: Oct 05, 2011 09:27:11 pm
      Out of interest, cause of the European fixtures, will this be on TV?

Probably the Liverpool channel or Channel 5 given they don't have the Champions League and are always looking to boost viewing figures. Liverpool v Rangers or Big Brother - no contest really is it?
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #54: Oct 05, 2011 09:34:24 pm
      I agree that some of their fans are idiots but don't tarnish them all. I've got a lot of rangers friends and they're all sound and looking forward to it.

If other teams fans come on here and read the negativity of some posters they could think the same.

The fans that like football will turn up. Negative fans are everywhere. Just ignore the numpties.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #55: Oct 05, 2011 09:41:53 pm
      I agree that some of their fans are idiots but don't tarnish them all. I've got a lot of rangers friends and they're all sound and looking forward to it.

If other teams fans come on here and read the negativity of some posters they could think the same.

The fans that like football will turn up. Negative fans are everywhere. Just ignore the numpties.

Don't think it's the negative Rangers fans, more the ones with no respect towards us as a club or our very own manager. Someone saying Kenny has no class is honestly way off the mark. They're the fans getting up the noses of ours. Couldn't really give a F**k if Rangers fans are negative about Rangers. Just don't like anybody disrespecting my club.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #56: Oct 05, 2011 10:08:20 pm
       :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
       Shouldnt encourage either of the bigots IMO ,better left alone

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #57: Oct 05, 2011 10:16:25 pm
      Don't think it's the negative Rangers fans, more the ones with no respect towards us as a club or our very own manager. Someone saying Kenny has no class is honestly way off the mark. They're the fans getting up the noses of ours. Couldn't really give a f**k if Rangers fans are negative about Rangers. Just don't like anybody disrespecting my club.

I totally agree mate about the Kenny part. That's just idiots who don't know that he is a boyhood Rangers fan.

I just don't want us to pressume all their fans are like that as I'd be the 1st to kick off if another club tarnished our good fans with the numpties.

It's a glorified friendly and I for one think it'll be a good game and will enjoy it as watching Liverpool is always a joy. From the u15 to the masters.

F**k other fans, we are Liverpool football Club.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #58: Oct 05, 2011 10:56:35 pm
      I totally agree mate about the Kenny part. That's just idiots who don't know that he is a boyhood Rangers fan.

I just don't want us to pressume all their fans are like that as I'd be the 1st to kick off if another club tarnished our good fans with the numpties.

It's a glorified friendly and I for one think it'll be a good game and will enjoy it as watching Liverpool is always a joy. From the u15 to the masters.

F**k other fans, we are Liverpool football Club.

Aye mate, F**k them.

Personally couldn't care less about Rangers or their fans, goes for all non-English football to be fair. But it's still slagging Kenny off to the way they have that will get Liverpool fans pissed off.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #59: Oct 05, 2011 11:03:49 pm
      Aye mate, f**k them.

Personally couldn't care less about Rangers or their fans, goes for all non-English football to be fair. But it's still slagging Kenny off to the way they have that will get Liverpool fans pissed off.

Yeah slagging Kenny will annoy any of us but some of our own have been slagging him.

They're not slagging him personally, he was at Celtic and anything to do with Celtic is automatically hated.
      They will use personal abuse as this will get to us. I just choose to ignore them fans and enjoy good banter with educated fans of any club, including Man Utd.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #60: Oct 05, 2011 11:11:31 pm
      Yeah slagging Kenny will annoy any of us but some of our own have been slagging him.

They're not slagging him personally, he was at Celtic and anything to do with Celtic is automatically hated.
      They will use personal abuse as this will get to us. I just choose to ignore them fans and enjoy good banter with educated fans of any club, including Man Utd.

Man United have educated fans? F***ing hell, news to me that one mate :laugh:

Anyway, the Rangers match. Don't see much point in it if I'm honest but it'll more than likely be nothing more than a slightly more aggressive training practice. Can't see either side going hellbent for the win or fielding their strongest XI's for a lengthy period.

Could understand it if there was some charity behind it or so like the collections we do when we play Arsenal for the Ray Of Hope appeal for Ray Kennedy and his charity. But as just a friendly match, I think I'd rather we just took on our reserves or something so Kenny could see if any of them were up to playing with the first team.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #61: Oct 05, 2011 11:39:56 pm
      Yeah mate I have 2 educated Man Utd friends. Still deluded but bearable.

It will be just to keep the fitness levels up. As much as mid week is a hinderence it could also help the fitness levels of the likes of Gerrarf, Carroll and Adam plus valuable game time for Coates, Flanno and Robbo. Even throw the likes of Sterling in the squad to be apart of a match day.

We will take a strong team as Kenny wants to win every game.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #62: Oct 06, 2011 05:52:51 pm
      The main thing is that no player picks up an injury of any sort, in what seems to be, a meaningless friendly.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #63: Oct 06, 2011 06:50:40 pm
      The main thing is that no player picks up an injury of any sort, in what seems to be, a meaningless friendly.

My thoughts too and if thats their fans reactions F**k em'
      MsGerrard
      Reply #64: Oct 06, 2011 09:57:54 pm
      I was there when we beat them 4-0 and fully intent to make this one! Any ticket info?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41064.msg1126334.html#msg1126334
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011 04:31:40 pm by Venison 86 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #65: Oct 06, 2011 10:37:39 pm

Just checked the link to the Rangers forum. Some absolute retards up here.

Why what they saying?
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011 04:32:10 pm by Venison 86 »
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      Reply #66: Oct 06, 2011 10:48:01 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #67: Oct 06, 2011 10:50:23 pm
      Can't be arsed with them all.

When this is the standard of topic they have on their front page

'Rangers And Celtic Supporters, Nil By Mouth, The Catholic Church and the Labour Party'

I mean. Come on.  What the F**k?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,484 posts | 3437 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #68: Oct 07, 2011 10:48:12 am
      It all makes MacedonianRed seem quite reasonable, well almost

Quick Reply