Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Reina: Hicks and Gillett blocked my Arsenal Move

Read 21269 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Reina: Hicks and Gillett blocked my Arsenal Move
      Reply #184: Oct 12, 2011 09:30:09 pm
      With half a team not supporting him, to keep Rafa on would have been an even bigger disaster than Roy was, plus we may then have finished up with Chelsea's manager rather than Kenny.

Rafa a bigger disaster than Roy ? And we might have got the guy with the £13.2 million release clause ?

Now you are being really funny ...  Please, keep up the comedy ... :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #185: Oct 12, 2011 09:35:53 pm
      Yup, I'd say that a manager that has lasted exactly 5 games at the same job is the real authority on the issue ...

F***ing hell man I actually agree with you on that. What the F**k?!!!!!

Now back to your normal bollocks.

Without pathetic use of bold in parts of interviews from players or even more pathetic use of hearsay and quotes of mischief making jourmalism prove why:

our captain and our vice-captain were leading the mutiny,

and how you KNOW:

Unfortunately, our captain and vice-captain had different priorities at the time ...

or

Gerrard and Carragher have chosen the easy way out, and let the Spaniards fight for them ...

Not taking the piss here. Its just that by the way you are talking here you must have evidence and I really would like to see it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #186: Oct 12, 2011 09:49:03 pm
      He never protested about the debt publicly , but if you read Brian reads book he was protesting about it to anyone who would listen in private . The supporters would have backed Gerrard and carra to the hilt if they would have spoken out publicly like Alonso ,Torres Mascherano and Reina all did . In various interviews before and after there departure the foreign lads all talked about investment and the lack of . They didn't come out and shout yanks out but they certainly made it clear what was happening regarding funds . Instead  Gerrard and carra decided to focus on the managers faults rather than what the owners were doing . If people, players and supporters alike  had put as much effort into getting rid of the owners rather than trying to get rid of rafa we may well be celebrating our 2nd year with new owners.

Sorry mate but are you trying to tell us that 'people, players and supporters alike' didnt make enough effort to get rid of the owners? Well for a fact 'we' the supporters did mate and I can only take the fact you are mentioning the players did not as a cheap shot at Stevie and Carra.

Instead of jumping on the rumour bandwagon, where Ste G and Carra are concerned, how about weighing up the positive things (of which are factual) and the what you suspect as bad things (of which are nothing more than rumour) against each other and then maybe giving the head a wobble before posting.

Don't care who you know, don't care whether your in the SOS or the SAS because when you strip it bare its nothing but mischief making at its best.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #187: Oct 12, 2011 09:51:42 pm
      Pepe ya tw*t, opened a right old can of worms up here. ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #188: Oct 12, 2011 10:00:21 pm
      Rafa a bigger disaster than Roy ? And we might have got the guy with the £13.2 million release clause ?

Now you are being really funny ...  Please, keep up the comedy ... :lmao:

If you could manage to follow an argument as well as you cause them , then you would realise that we were talking about if Rafa had kept his job instead of Roy. Therefore we would have had new owners who had already expressed an interest in AVB. So to mention his name as a possible candidate would not have been beyond the realm of possibilities.

But don't let me stop you being a pr**k, I quite enjoy your pathetic meanderings.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #189: Oct 12, 2011 10:35:31 pm
      If you could manage to follow an argument as well as you cause them , then you would realise that we were talking about if Rafa had kept his job instead of Roy. Therefore we would have had new owners who had already expressed an interest in AVB. So to mention his name as a possible candidate would not have been beyond the realm of possibilities.

If Rafa had kept his job, we would have qualified at least for the Europa League, Torres would have stayed at LFC, and we would have challenged for the title this season, with the reasonable financial support from FSG ...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #190: Oct 12, 2011 11:47:40 pm
      If Rafa had kept his job, we would have qualified at least for the Europa League, Torres would have stayed at LFC, and we would have challenged for the title this season, with the reasonable financial support from FSG ...

Nah, more likely we would have been fighting relegation with half the team not wanting to play for him. It would have just been delaying the inevitable if we had retained Rafa. He would probably have gone at Christmas like Roy or even sooner when he inevitably fell out with NESV over Comolli's appointment.

All hypothetical now anyway, I am happy Pepe, Gerrard, Carra and whoever else was unhappy stayed, doubt if Torres would have stayed anyway, and at least now we have a team united behind the manager and players who appear delighted with how things worked out. 

As Pepe said :-  "Sadly for Rafa, we went from second place in the Premier League one season to seventh place the next and that was always going to result in him coming under pressure."

Time to stop crying over what was and start enjoying what we have.

igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #191: Oct 12, 2011 11:49:20 pm
      Sorry mate but are you trying to tell us that 'people, players and supporters alike' didnt make enough effort to get rid of the owners? Well for a fact 'we' the supporters did mate and I can only take the fact you are mentioning the players did not as a cheap shot at Stevie and Carra.

Instead of jumping on the rumour bandwagon, where Ste G and Carra are concerned, how about weighing up the positive things (of which are factual) and the what you suspect as bad things (of which are nothing more than rumour) against each other and then maybe giving the head a wobble before posting.

Don't care who you know, don't care whether your in the SOS or the SAS because when you strip it bare its nothing but mischief making at its best.

What I'm suggesting is that  some supporters were screaming for Rafa's head rather than looking at the bigger picture , now funny enough the lad who i was discussing this with (SAINT ) scene the bigger picture regarding the owners a lot sooner than alot of us SOS included , he called it right from the off . I reckon the vast amount of match going reds were apathetic to the situation right up until the last year when it suddenly dawned on them that they might lose there football club. That's what i'm suggesting  and what you think of me or who i am or what i do or don't know i couldn't give two shiney sh*te about lash .  Also I'm not taking a cheap shot at anyone . If anyone out of the whole football team should have opened there mouths it should have been the local lads and not the foreigners , that is what I'm saying .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #192: Oct 12, 2011 11:51:56 pm

I love Rafa but there's no way he'd have worked with Comolli. ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #193: Oct 12, 2011 11:56:02 pm
      I F***ing have lived to the day someone used Gian Piero Gasperini in their argument! I thought it wouldn't come. Tears of emotion. Happiness? Sadness? Anger? A bit of each i reckon.

Gian F***ing Piero Gasperini. That fossiliferous tw*t. 

That's nothing, we've had Paul Merson and "The Chosen One" used as examples to back up arguments in the past month.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #194: Oct 13, 2011 12:17:00 am

I can see that David Maddock has done some permanent damage ... If you really need to read a Mirror writer, try Brian Reade ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #195: Oct 13, 2011 01:00:31 am
      He would probably have gone at Christmas like Roy or even sooner when he inevitably fell out with NESV over Comolli's appointment.

Actually, well you know I'm gonna disagree, but hasn't Rafa got the same sort of set up as Comolli, scouts all over the place. Had NESV come-in and sat down and spoke with Rafa, Comolli wouldn't even be here, of that I'm sure.

Anyway F**k it, as you say and I'd didn't quote, all hypothetical now, let's put all this sh*t behind us, get the throat cleared out, settle those nerves and start looking forward to Saturday.

Pepe's still here, we've got the King, now bring on the mancs!

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #196: Oct 13, 2011 01:44:24 am
      Actually, well you know I'm gonna disagree, but hasn't Rafa got the same sort of set up as Comolli, scouts all over the place. Had NESV come-in and sat down and spoke with Rafa, Comolli wouldn't even be here, of that I'm sure.

Don't be so sure of that mate.  These owners are used to a setup where they have a General Manager, then a Manager of the team.  It helps the manager keep his focus where it needs to be.  On the pitch.  Let the GM (In this case Director of Footballorwhateverthefuc kthetitleis) worry about signing players and dealing with agents and wives and step brother managers.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #197: Oct 13, 2011 06:15:12 am
      Also I'm not taking a cheap shot at anyone . If anyone out of the whole football team should have opened there mouths it should have been the local lads and not the foreigners , that is what I'm saying .

Not taking a cheap shot no?

Instead  Gerrard and carra decided to focus on the managers faults rather than what the owners were doing . If people, players and supporters alike  had put as much effort into getting rid of the owners rather than trying to get rid of rafa we may well be celebrating our 2nd year with new owners.

Laced in cheap shots.

You just carry on telling all and sundry how Ste G and Carra are this and that, should say this and should say that but have too much say in this and too much say in that.

Your probably still spreading pregnant 16 year old girl rumours.

Anyway, on topic.

Pepe's views explain that at the time he wanted them to speak up, they didn't and had their reasons for not doing so and he understood their reasons for not doing so.

Unfortunately that's not enough for some people.

Is right Pepe for deciding to stay, maybe the books timing is a bit out, pre season or as some people have suggested, at the end of your career would of maybe been a little more suitable. Saying that, if being a bit unorthadox (all the little boozing sessions and being let downstairs by the staff in the San Carlo for sneaky ciggies) keeps you performing on the pitch then who gives a sh*t.

igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #198: Oct 13, 2011 08:19:34 am
      Laced with cheap shots, ok . Leave it at that as your obviously adverse to carra and gerrard be anything but perfect .

Back on topic , Pepe doesn't have to prove anything to anyone . He's still here and i wouldn't want anyone else in goal . Best goalie in the league and has been for a couple of years. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #199: Oct 13, 2011 01:37:37 pm
      Not taking a cheap shot no?

Laced in cheap shots.

You just carry on telling all and sundry how Ste G and Carra are this and that, should say this and should say that but have too much say in this and too much say in that.

I don't think he was taking cheap shots mate, I know that when it looked like we would never get rid of the two tw*ts I was desperate for someone to become the figurehead in the fight (Gerrard ,Carra ,Kenny or an ex-player with less to lose). I think Igor is wrong to think that the reasons Gerrard and Carra didn't step forward is they were too busy fighting against Rafa, and more importantly imo it wouldn't have brought the end any nearer or quicker in any event looking back.

Looking back with hindsight I can understand why Carra and Gerrard thought it best to stay quiet, but in our desperate hours at the time it was a question on most peoples lips.

All water under the bridge now thankfully, and I think that while we should never forget those dark days, we should try to move on and enjoy having our club back again.   

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #200: Oct 13, 2011 04:41:08 pm
      This week's LFC Weekly is Pepe praising Stevie to the heavens about helping him settle in when he first arrived.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #201: Oct 13, 2011 07:27:27 pm
       I've known Igor for years on forums and he doesn't do cheap shots. We haven't agreed overly often over those years, but he's a top lad and a true red. I just think he is of the opinion that he would have liked to have seen Rafa Benitez stay as manager for another season. Lots of people agree with him too, which is absolutely fine by me. I'm of the opinion that we got rid of him at the right time (although we initially appointed the wrong replacement, at least we all agree on that).

What I always say with these debates and exchanges though is that when you get a fan who supports the same club as you do calling you and others a c*** because you disagree with them, there's little wonder that threads descend into nonsense. Igors never done that (he's probably thought it a few times mind ;D) and he's a good fella.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #202: Oct 13, 2011 09:28:15 pm
      Spirit of Shankly - Liverpool Supporters Union
      Rafa Benitez talks to Spirit Of Shankly about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, dispels the myth that he asked us not to protest and talks about bringing Kenny Dalglish back to LFC

SOS Podcast Episode 8 - Rafa Benitez talks to SOS - Spirit of Shankly
      www.spiritofshankly.com
      Listen to our latest podcast featuring former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez talk about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, the myth that he asked supporters not to protest and bringing Kenny Dalglish back to Liverpool FC. We also talk to John O'Shea (not that one!) about his art exh...
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #203: Oct 13, 2011 09:43:55 pm
      Spirit of Shankly - Liverpool Supporters Union
      Rafa Benitez talks to Spirit Of Shankly about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, dispels the myth that he asked us not to protest and talks about bringing Kenny Dalglish back to LFC

SOS Podcast Episode 8 - Rafa Benitez talks to SOS - Spirit of Shankly
      www.spiritofshankly.com
      Listen to our latest podcast featuring former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez talk about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, the myth that he asked supporters not to protest and bringing Kenny Dalglish back to Liverpool FC. We also talk to John O'Shea (not that one!) about his art exh...

Yeh got that myself just before lash , it will be interesting to here . I can't get onto the website at the mo though .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #204: Oct 13, 2011 09:58:35 pm

Yeh got that myself just before lash , it will be interesting to here . I can't get onto the website at the mo though .

I knew Rafa hadn't asked that mate, I'm like a sponge I absorb everything and could I hell ever remember SOS putting it in print that he had, I said as much in this thread.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #205: Oct 13, 2011 10:31:11 pm
      Pepe's still here, we've got the King, now bring on the mancs!

Is F***ing right!! And while you're at it, interview me ya c**t!! Haha!  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #206: Oct 13, 2011 10:35:02 pm
      I really cannot wait to read his book.

Made up he's still here, if i ever have the money i'm getting that keepers jersey with his name on the back!

Quick Reply