Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Reina: Hicks and Gillett blocked my Arsenal Move

Read 21162 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Reina: Hicks and Gillett blocked my Arsenal Move
      Reply #207: Oct 13, 2011 10:41:32 pm
      Can't wait to get his book. Should be brilliant.

Next pay, i'm getting a Pepe jersey and poster and hanging them up in my room.

Does anyone know if a jersey can be signed by a player before its sent? Probably a humongous shot but worth asking some on here i suppose.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #208: Oct 13, 2011 10:59:40 pm
       Regarding this one

Laced with cheap shots, ok . Leave it at that as your obviously adverse to carra and gerrard be anything but perfect .

Back on topic , Pepe doesn't have to prove anything to anyone . He's still here and I wouldn't want anyone else in goal . Best goalie in the league and has been for a couple of years. 

and this one

I've known Igor for years on forums and he doesn't do cheap shots. We haven't agreed overly often over those years, but he's a top lad and a true red. I just think he is of the opinion that he would have liked to have seen Rafa Benitez stay as manager for another season. Lots of people agree with him too, which is absolutely fine by me. I'm of the opinion that we got rid of him at the right time (although we initially appointed the wrong replacement, at least we all agree on that).

What I always say with these debates and exchanges though is that when you get a fan who supports the same club as you do calling you and others a c*** because you disagree with them, there's little wonder that threads descend into nonsense. Igors never done that (he's probably thought it a few times mind ;D) and he's a good fella.

Have no doubt Igor's a good fella and am sure if I ever met you Igor, you would agree I'm not either and we would have a good banter and what have you.

Main gripe I have though is that Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have been absolutely f**king stupendous servants to this club, and that is an actual fact, but people just seem to want to get a dig in at them whenever there is a hint of a chance to do so based on rumour without any solid proof.

Sorry if I took it out on you Igor but its just the way I feel.

In a nutshell
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #209: Oct 13, 2011 11:00:33 pm
      Spirit of Shankly - Liverpool Supporters Union
      Rafa Benitez talks to Spirit Of Shankly about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, dispels the myth that he asked us not to protest and talks about bringing Kenny Dalglish back to LFC

SOS Podcast Episode 8 - Rafa Benitez talks to SOS - Spirit of Shankly
      www.spiritofshankly.com
      Listen to our latest podcast featuring former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez talk about the Montse Benitez Foundation, Spirit Of Shankly, the myth that he asked supporters not to protest and bringing Kenny Dalglish back to Liverpool FC. We also talk to John O'Shea (not that one!) about his art exh...

6 – Update on Present Ownership Situation

Paul Rice gave an update on the Present Situation. It was explained that despite initial plans to target RBS, continuing to target them could be detrimental to the club. The Americans had been granted the 6 month extension, but following talks with banking experts, it was explained that should the Americans fail to repay, or sell the club, RBS would take control as we know. They would then have freedom to do whatever they please with the club, and as well as selling this to less than suitable investors, they could quite easily place the club into administration. Fans asked why we hadn't proposed action for today's meeting, and Paul explained that we had discussed it but we wanted the proposals of the membership and for them to vote, on what can be an emotive issue. One fan asked if it was true that when we met the manager Rafael Benitez had asked us not to protest during the game; Paul confirmed Benitez had asked us to consider whether we should protest during the game as he felt it could affect the players. Benitez was told we respect his opinion, but any decision would be down to the members. Paul reminded those present that prior to meeting Benitez, a decision had already been taken following meetings, and matches, not to protest inside the ground, so we were acting upon the wishes of members and not Benitez. It was explained that according to our sources, Kuwait were interested in buying the club, and that it may be the last time the American owners are both at the same game.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/2009-02-02-sos-meeting-and-action-sunday-1st-february-2009

So someone is F***ing lying ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #210: Oct 13, 2011 11:04:46 pm
      Regarding this one

and this one

Have no doubt Igor's a good fella and am sure if I ever met you Igor, you would agree I'm not either and we would have a good banter and what have you.

Main gripe I have though is that Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have been absolutely f**king stupendous servants to this club, and that is an actual fact, but people just seem to want to get a dig in at them whenever there is a hint of a chance to do so based on rumour without any solid proof.

Sorry if I took it out on you Igor but its just the way I feel.

In a nutshell

And you wil be glad to know that that post will be my last of the night.

far too pissed for this type of chat  ???
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #211: Oct 13, 2011 11:20:53 pm
      You seem to be changing your argument here Saint from "Rafa asked SOS to stop protesting" to "Rafa asked SOS to stop protesting during a game".
      There is a big difference because the second statement implies Rafa was in favour of protesting (just not when players/fans need to concentrate). The first statement implies Rafa was against protesting, full stop.

Rafa asked S.O.S. to stop protesting mate..... that's a fact. Ask anyone on the committee at S.O.S.

to which I countered

Rafa had a problem with protests during a game because it would distract the players and he did let SOS know this. I don't recall him objecting to protests otherwise.

I think you did Rafa a disservice the other night in stating that Rafa was against the protests.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #212: Oct 13, 2011 11:24:20 pm
      Can't wait to get his book. Should be brilliant.

Next pay, I'm getting a Pepe jersey and poster and hanging them up in my room.

Does anyone know if a jersey can be signed by a player before its sent? Probably a humongous shot but worth asking some on here I suppose.

Ohh poster! Good idea.

igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #213: Oct 13, 2011 11:25:09 pm
      Just listening to the podcast and rafa's fudged it abit . He said he wasn't against the protests and he was more concerned with the game .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #214: Oct 13, 2011 11:56:28 pm
      You seem to be changing your argument here Saint from "Rafa asked SOS to stop protesting" to "Rafa asked SOS to stop protesting during a game".
      There is a big difference because the second statement implies Rafa was in favour of protesting (just not when players/fans need to concentrate). The first statement implies Rafa was against protesting, full stop.

to which I countered

I think you did Rafa a disservice the other night in stating that Rafa was against the protests.

Nah mate the point I was making was that Rafa asked supporters not to protest (before the game, during a game, after a game .... whatever) but people are trying to castigate two player for not protesting and suggesting it was for selfish motives.

The message that went out at the time and which was a definite hinderance was that Rafa didn't want supporters protesting ..... this was used by many supporters as an excuse for their inaction at the time.

Like I said before, people are trying to re-write history as they would like it to be .... rather than as it was. Maybe you can post were and when he was encouraging protests then mate ?

Wrong message was sent out mate. 

FFS you even get people denying he ever said it now!

Quick Reply