Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Leandro Damiao (Internacional)

Read 2549 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Leandro Damiao (Internacional)
      Sep 27, 2011 10:23:28 am

Reds linked to Damiao

27 September 2011

Liverpool have reportedly joined the race for Internacional striker Leandro Damiao after having him watched by club representatives.

The 22-year-old is causing a stir in his homeland with his displays after scoring 39 goals in the current Brazilian season and he was watched by Reds assistant boss Steve Clarke when Brazil beat Ghana at Craven Cottage.

Liverpool would not have it all their own way if they were to make a move for the striker as Spurs are also very strongly linked.

And the Londoners had a £16.5million offer turned down for the player at the end of the summer transfer window, with Internacional thought to want in the region of £20m for the player.

Having already bought Louis Suarez, Andy Carroll and Craig Bellamy to Anfield it remains to be seen if Kenny Dalglish is still keen to spend a lot of money on a new striker in January, despite the link.

Damiao, who is currently sidelined for six weeks with a hamstring injury, has a contract which runs for a further five years but he has already indicated he may like to make the move to Europe.

"If there is an opportunity to play in Europe, of course I would like it," Damiao said recently.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/09/27/Reds-linked-to-strike-ace/gnid-110613/
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,504 posts | 3454 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Leandro Damiao (Internacional)
      Reply #1: Sep 27, 2011 10:25:37 am
      Seen a fair bit of Leandro and I haven't been convinced at all, shows skill like the game against Argentina when he hit the bar but I'm not sure he's got the ability to be a success in England.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2011 03:18:25 pm
      He's f***in great, powerful in the air, great finish, and can do the totally unexpected sometimes. He scored an overhead kick against Flamengo that was bloody brilliant.

His talent is so natural, it's hard to believe that he never played in youth teams, he's gone directly from street/amateur football to professional at the age of 17.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #3: Sep 27, 2011 11:15:52 pm
      He's f***in great, powerful in the air, great finish, and can do the totally unexpected sometimes. He scored an overhead kick against Flamengo that was bloody brilliant.

His talent is so natural, it's hard to believe that he never played in youth teams, he's gone directly from street/amateur football to professional at the age of 17.
      I trust your opinion but is he worth £20 million?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Sep 27, 2011 11:18:54 pm

Well, Damiao is 22 ... If Carroll is worth £35 million, Damiao is certainly worth more than £20 million ...
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #5: Sep 27, 2011 11:25:38 pm
      Ok, cheers.

Do you think the source has legs or not?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: Sep 27, 2011 11:27:13 pm
      Why would we be in for another striker? That alone makes me think this has no legs mate.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #7: Sep 27, 2011 11:34:10 pm
      Why would we be in for another striker? That alone makes me think this has no legs mate.
      That's what I thought, just wasn't to sure and wanted other opinion's
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Sep 27, 2011 11:45:07 pm
      Well, Damiao is 22 ... If Carroll is worth £35 million, Damiao is certainly worth more than £20 million ...

I agree about that.

Look what he did vs Argentina:

Leandro Damião encara a Emiliano Papa haciendo Fantasia...

If that ball had gone in, it would be legendary. It was very close.

Against Flamengo, he made that pass to Internacional's first goal:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1604411-7824-GOL+DO+INTERNACIONAL+LEANDRO+DAMIAO+TOCA+PARA+INDIO+QUE+EMPATA+AOS+5+DO+1+TEMPO,00.html

And then scored this one:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1604592-7824-GOL+DO+INTERNACIONAL+DELLATORRE+TOCA+PARA+LEANDRO+DAMIAO+MARCAR+DE+BICICLETA+AOS+32+DO+2,00.html
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Sep 28, 2011 12:01:28 am
      I know You Tube isn't the best to judge players but he looks world class already.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #10: Sep 28, 2011 12:48:27 am

Liverpool prepared to battle Spurs for £22m-rated Leandro Damiao's signature

27th September 2011

Liverpool are ready to rival Tottenham for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao.

Harry Redknapp had a £15million bid rejected in the summer for the 22-year-old from Internacional, who now value him closer to £22m.

He is out with a hamstring injury but Liverpool have watched him closely and are pondering a January offer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2042624/Liverpool-prepared-battle-Spurs-22m-rated-Leandro-Damiaos-signature.html
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,504 posts | 3454 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Sep 28, 2011 10:55:28 am
      It was a cross by the way.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12: Sep 28, 2011 12:58:25 pm
      I don't think we'll go for him. Why spend 20m+ on a back up striker?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Sep 28, 2011 03:03:51 pm
      Don't think he would be back up, having to battle with Bellamy and Carroll for a place in the starting lineup. Agree there are other priorities though.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Sep 28, 2011 05:38:27 pm
      He has certainly much talent but I don't think we need him at the moment. I'm sure Carroll will be one of the best strikers in the world soon and we have Bellamy, Kuyt and Suarez who can play as the main striker. We need an AM more than anything unless Carroll proves to be a flop, we don't need another striker.
      I'm not against signing him though ;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #15: Dec 02, 2011 12:15:54 am

Damiao could remain
      Brazilian's agent says they want him to stay in homeland

By Andres Garavaglia
      Last Updated: November 11, 2011 3:28pm

Brazilian sensation Leandro Damiao has revealed that he could follow Neymar's lead by opting to remain in South America.

Earlier this week Neymar, who had looked set to move to Spain next year, signed a new long-term contract with Santos.

Despite signing a new deal in the summer, Damiao was being strongly with a New Year move to Tottenham - whilst Liverpool, AC Milan and Ukrainian giants Dnipro and Dinamo Kyiv were also being linked.

And Damiao's agent Vinicius Prates, who works for 9ine, has revealed that their client is looking to stay.

"In 9ine's strategy, the best outcome is for Damiao to continue in Brazilian football, as our economy is strong and he could become the face of a large national brand for two or three years," agent Vinicius Prates told Zero Hora.

"Damiao's sale is not assured. It would be not be too daring to say he will stay in Inter.

"I have already been contacted by all the biggest clubs in Europe but, with the link to 9ine, the chances have grown. Neymar's situation, however, is difficult to compare with Damiao and Inter."

Inter vice-president Luis Anapio Gomes confirmed that Inter would look to offer Damiao a suitable deal, even if they cannot afford to match what Santos are paying Neymar.

"It is true that we cannot compare the economic situation at Santos with what we have here, but we will do everything we can to keep Damiao. But I still cannot guarantee he will stay," the director revealed.

"We cannot sell some players in order to keep others. We will not have a mass sale, but if there is interest everyone is negotiable. It is undeniable that Damiao and Oscar are the two most important names we need to keep hold of."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7304026/
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 02, 2011 03:26:30 am
      I trust your opinion but is he worth £20 million?

if downing was worth 20m then then this kid is worth 40m
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Dec 02, 2011 01:01:52 pm
      Damiao could remain
      Brazilian's agent says they want him to stay in homeland

By Andres Garavaglia
      Last Updated: November 11, 2011 3:28pm

Brazilian sensation Leandro Damiao has revealed that he could follow Neymar's lead by opting to remain in South America.

Earlier this week Neymar, who had looked set to move to Spain next year, signed a new long-term contract with Santos.

Despite signing a new deal in the summer, Damiao was being strongly with a New Year move to Tottenham - whilst Liverpool, AC Milan and Ukrainian giants Dnipro and Dinamo Kyiv were also being linked.

And Damiao's agent Vinicius Prates, who works for 9ine, has revealed that their client is looking to stay.

"In 9ine's strategy, the best outcome is for Damiao to continue in Brazilian football, as our economy is strong and he could become the face of a large national brand for two or three years," agent Vinicius Prates told Zero Hora.

"Damiao's sale is not assured. It would be not be too daring to say he will stay in Inter.

"I have already been contacted by all the biggest clubs in Europe but, with the link to 9ine, the chances have grown. Neymar's situation, however, is difficult to compare with Damiao and Inter."

Inter vice-president Luis Anapio Gomes confirmed that Inter would look to offer Damiao a suitable deal, even if they cannot afford to match what Santos are paying Neymar.

"It is true that we cannot compare the economic situation at Santos with what we have here, but we will do everything we can to keep Damiao. But I still cannot guarantee he will stay," the director revealed.

"We cannot sell some players in order to keep others. We will not have a mass sale, but if there is interest everyone is negotiable. It is undeniable that Damiao and Oscar are the two most important names we need to keep hold of."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7304026/

It's the new trend in Brazil, young stars saying they want to stay until the WC 2014, following Neymar's recent signing of a new contract until that year. Dedé (from Vasco) and now Damião are saying something similar. It'll be great for the Brazilian league if true but I'm interested to see what happens if the clubs and players are really tested with good offers.

Quick Reply