Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your man of the match award?

Luis Suarez
      (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (32.1%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (25.3%)
      Jose Enrique
      (22.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.1%)

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 48727 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 1- 1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #667: Oct 16, 2011 12:30:34 am
      The Football Association says it will look further into an "incident" alleged to have occurred in Liverpool's draw with Manchester United on Saturday.
      The incident is believed to have involved Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and United defender Patrice Evra.
      "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and has subsequently reported this to the FA," a statement read.
      "The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

Next ............
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #668: Oct 16, 2011 12:55:31 am
      Journos talking on twitter saying Evra has thrice-previously accused players of racism, and all 3 weren't found guilty of anything. Grain of salt and all that :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #669: Oct 16, 2011 01:21:37 am
      Just saw the article about Evra claiming he was racially abused. What a joke. Typical though, get outplayed and outclassed so come up with something to take the spotlight away from how horrible you were. I watched every minute of the match and couldn't see anything that would lead me to believe that Suarez was hounding him the whole match.

Really was hoping to take 3 points from this one. Thought it was in our grasp. I guess a draw is better than a loss. Really would have liked to have seen how we would have dealt with Rooney, Nani and Hernandez the whole match as opposed to the last half hour. Feels like we let one slip away but as much as I hate to give them credit, they do have some firepower. It was good to see the skipper put one in...and even better that it was Giggs that gave way. Hopefully we build on this and keep the pedal to the floor for the next match.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #670: Oct 16, 2011 01:24:21 am
      Thought we were very unlucky not to win, just need to be more clinical in front of goal.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #671: Oct 16, 2011 01:27:53 am
      Jammy b***ard mancs, really gutted we didn't win today but a performance to be proud of, dominated them from start to finish. Suarez was fantastic and was MOTM imo, Rio should've been sent off and I think that may have changed the game a lot.

Also I was very surprised that KK didn't bring on Carroll or Bellamy considering we were dominating the latter stages of the game, may have just given us that extra edge to get the killer goal we needed. The result's happened now so lets move on and look forward to beating the sh*t out of Norwich.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #672: Oct 16, 2011 01:28:20 am
      Thought we were very unlucky not to win, just need to be more clinical in front of goal.

It's my one little tiny gripe about Suarez - he could be more clinical.

But he does so much other great stuff that it can be overlooked - he makes a lot of goals :)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #673: Oct 16, 2011 01:34:28 am
      It's my one little tiny gripe about Suarez - he could be more clinical.

But he does so much other great stuff that it can be overlooked - he makes a lot of goals :)

Exactly how I feel mate, I think sometimes he over complicates his finish. Really do need a striker with, or around him IMO, rather than him being the main focal point of our attack.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #674: Oct 16, 2011 02:14:18 am
      Its hard to be disappointed with a draw against Man U. However I thought we really missed a golden opportunity to be within 3 points and be a serious contender for the league.

I thought the first half was pretty sloppy. I saw a lot of bad passes and takeaways . I thought they played a lot better the 2nd half, better urgency and more scoring chances and the last 5 minutes was some of the best football I have seen this year. But they really should of pressed for a goal a lot earlier.  You knew that if it was close later in the 2nd half that Fergie was going to sub Rooney and Nani.  I was also shocked that KD didnt bring Carroll on. A lot of those crosses that went unchallenged could of been handled by Carroll.

Gerrard was phenomenal and he seemed like he was in his old form. He was all over the pitch, in every play and it was great seeing him on the field.

Great match, loads of nerves and anxiety for me but still great.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #675: Oct 16, 2011 03:25:42 am
      Not long in, been on it all day since the game.

Gerrard MOTM for me, ran the show, we were unlucky not to win.

F**k Evra, the cheating f**king gobs***e was diving and fouling with equal abandon, Rio was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Another day we'd of smashed four or five past another team.
      You have said it all for me Huyton,not much to add to that except to say we should of had the 3 points.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #676: Oct 16, 2011 07:21:15 am
      There isn't too many teams that would disappointed with a draw against Utd, but they were there for the taking. As usual one piece of bad defending has screwed us again. Whiskey face played for a draw and got what he came for, but it showed he was afraid of losing.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #677: Oct 16, 2011 08:03:53 am
      Exactly how I feel mate, I think sometimes he over complicates his finish. Really do need a striker with, or around him IMO, rather than him being the main focal point of our attack.

Yeah that's why I believe we should always have Carroll alongside him because he is a finisher.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #678: Oct 16, 2011 08:10:01 am
      :lmao: Great chant that. Well done fellas!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #679: Oct 16, 2011 08:17:43 am
      Coming away from the game it seemed more like a defeat to be honest. On another day we would have got the 3 points easily!!!

Thought the first half was quite flat (in the stands too) and in past seasons we've beaten these by playing a fast instense game. 2nd half was improvement but just worried we are not clinical enough in front of goal. I dont remember the Mancs having many shots at goal but they still managed to get away with a point.

Will try and re-watch the game later but for me Charlie Adam was the MOM and Lucas had is worse game in 18 months. Surprised we didnt see Bellamy or Carroll too.

Oh.......and............ ..who's the scouser in the wig?  ;D

Lucky Manc tw*ts!!!!  :f_steam:

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #680: Oct 16, 2011 10:06:53 am
      Game of 2 halfs yet again the 1st was pretty awful really. The 2nd was much better a proper liverpool utd game.
       Leaving the ground it felt disappointing we should have taken 3 points but you can never take anything for granted against utd and Hernandez did brilliant to get away from Skertel who was brilliant the whole game. [except the final 20 seconds].

We showed we can outplay the best team in the league & that says to me we're where we wanna be.

Well done Charlie Adam yesterday great game I personally would have liked to have seen Bellamy given half an hour think he could have swung it for us.

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #681: Oct 16, 2011 10:11:51 am
      Ps. Who's the scouser in the wig? Was f***in priceless the look on his ugly mug said it all! Hilarious.....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #682: Oct 16, 2011 11:24:12 am
      Still gutted we drew, feels like a loss we battered them so F***ing much especially in that second half.

Isn't it F***ing typical how every keeper comes to Anfield and plays the game of their lives? Can't believe that Donut boy didn't have at least one howler like he has had in every other game so far this season and I bet he continues to have in every other game for the rest of the season.  :mad:

For me it's the most nerve racking 90 minutes of the season. Never like the thought of those pricks and their fans celebrating at our ground if they were to take the 3 points away. The lads did well to keep on going for it after we conceded. So used to those jammy bas**rds nicking a late one that I was quite sick in the stomach those last few minutes of the match.

The signs are good for us for the future we just have to be much more clinical.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #683: Oct 16, 2011 11:42:11 am
      Never mind Oz.

At least you support one winning team.

Dont let these little things Blacken your weekend mate !

;D
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #684: Oct 16, 2011 11:46:54 am
      Just re-watched the match, nothing to get carried away with. Yes, we played well, but that was also largely down to Fergie's defensive team selection. They rarely put our defense under pressure which allowed us to be more focused in attack.

They had 5-6 1st teamers (4 of which are world class) not in their starting line up, which would be equivalent of losing, Agger, Adam, Gerrard, Suarez, Downing and Kuyt.

The game was there to be won but we didn't take our chances and should've scored at least 2 more,  it actually felt like a loss rather than a draw tbh.
      what the fcuk you on!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #685: Oct 16, 2011 12:00:02 pm
      Feel we dropped two points.

United started without Nani, Rooney and Hernandez. There was no Vidic as well. We were at home and we had the better of chances.

Lucky United!
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #686: Oct 16, 2011 12:27:00 pm
      We just werent clinical enough in front of goal.

Missed a few great chances to win it.
      We cant keep stating how lucky Man U were. We should've scored 3-4 goals.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #687: Oct 16, 2011 12:52:17 pm
      Manchester United censor Phil Jones comments on Charlie Adam 'dive'
      Charlie Adam's involvement in Liverpool's goal during Saturday's 1-1 draw prompted so much anger among Sir Alex Ferguson's players that Manchester United had to censor a television interview with Phil Jones.

Jones accused the Scottish midfielder of deliberately diving to win the free-kick from which Steven Gerrard scored. The former Blackburn Rovers player did not hold back in his criticisms and MUTV, United's in-house television channel, took instructions from senior Old Trafford officials before deciding Jones's comments were too inflammatory to be shown.

Although Rio Ferdinand admitted he had made "the slightest contact" on Adam, United were incensed about the way the player went to ground, believing it to be a deliberate attempt to dupe the referee, Andre Marriner.

Ferguson, who later accused Luis Suárez of "diving all over the place", described it as "a very soft award", but Jones went even further with his own criticisms, telling MUTV that Adams had been guilty of a blatant dive.

However, MUTV, who infamously once pulled a show involving Roy Keane because he had been so outspoken against his own team-mates, had edited out the relevant section when Jones's interview was shown on Saturday night.

Adam, informed of United's complaints, denied he had made the most of the challenge. "Well, everyone has an opinion," the former Blackpool player said. "I felt a touch and if I hadn't gone down I would have been clear through on goal so there must have been contact. That's the way I look at it. I felt contact when I went past Rio and that's the way it goes."

He added: "I'm not that type of player. I'm not just going to go down easily. It was a foul and that is why the referee gave it."

Ferdinand had already been booked and was fortunate once the free-kick was awarded that Marriner did not show a second yellow card. The defender said: "There was the slightest contact but I don't think enough to make a fella who is 12, 13 stone fall on the floor like that, but that's the way the game is today."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/16/manchester-united-phil-jones-charlie-adam

Boo f**kin hoo!! How long are the ladies gonna cry for a foul?  It is a f**kin foul. Its not rocket science, is it?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #688: Oct 16, 2011 01:09:01 pm
      All very bitter comments, as unsurprising as they are! Especially considering they played for a draw and played like a pub team!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #689: Oct 16, 2011 01:11:21 pm
       To be honest I wasn't sure it was a foul, but flip it around and the game is at Old Trafford and Nani goes over what would have happened? It would have been a foul and our centre half would have been sent off is the answer.

Quick Reply