Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your man of the match award?

Luis Suarez
      (15.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (32.1%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (25.3%)
      Jose Enrique
      (22.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.1%)

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts

Read 48572 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,740 posts | 7175 
      Re: Liverpool 1- 1 Manchester Utd: In-Game and Post Match Thoughts
      Reply #598: Oct 15, 2011 05:17:51 pm
      For me as I said before the fact UTD were shitting themselves and parked the bus means we are being treated as a serious threat.He has without speaking a word given the team belief they can challenge they just have to believe it themselves.With a bench like ours their is no reason why we cannot look to win every game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #599: Oct 15, 2011 05:19:44 pm
      Great performance from the team, we honestly did outplay them for the whole 90 minutes, even once they got a goal back, we looked most likely to score again. Suarez was immense as ever but Adam deserves recognition for his performance today, he has been critisized for his play on the ball when pressured, but today he was very clever with the ball, and not sure about the stats but i think his passing was also more accurate then Lucas's. Enrique and Downing were great down the left hand side again, just felt that with Carroll not on the pitch, whipping it in every time was not the anwser, however a great performance and lots of positives to take out of this game.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #600: Oct 15, 2011 05:27:54 pm
      For me as I said before the fact UTD were shitting themselves and parked the bus means we are being treated as a serious threat.He has without speaking a word given the team belief they can challenge they just have to believe it themselves.With a bench like ours their is no reason why we cannot look to win every game.

Agree wholeheartedly on this Walton. Was a decent match where neither side had much time on the ball very interesting seeing how defensive the scum set the lineup; goes to show me that whiskey nose has no confidence at Anfield and wanted to make sure the match did not run away from him. Thought all of our lads put in a great shift. Gerrard, Adam and Jose did great today, wish we had not given up that corner but as others have said if we play that way each week, top 4 or better is ours for the taking.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #601: Oct 15, 2011 05:34:14 pm
      In my honest and completely unbiased opinion, there is no gap.

I can agree on that based on today's game, but we need to continue to play like the way we do today for the rest of the remaining games and hope the scums slip-up along the way. They will I'm sure it's a matter of time.
      gallden
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #602: Oct 15, 2011 05:44:52 pm
      How Many chances did United actually create?
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #603: Oct 15, 2011 05:46:17 pm
      A really great performance from us today fought hard throughout the whole match and was really unlucky not to have the whole 3 points :(
      Both Adam and Enrique had a brilliant game as did Man of the Match Gerrard and was really good to see him open his score sheet for the season and also complete the whole 90 min which really shows how good his fitness must be already :).
      Was a shame to concede a silly late goal from a corner that should of been a goal kick and how the hell Ferdinand stayed on the pitch is beyond me apart from the fact that the Ref will really need to go to the Opticians on monday for the amount of things he missed or cos it is Man U cared not to see :)
      Not to worry this performance just shows how far we have come and that we are not to be overlooked in the part we can play in this years title race.

10/10 to Liverpool :D
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #604: Oct 15, 2011 05:48:05 pm
      How Many chances did United actually create?

They had several shots but all went wide and I think one was easily caught by Reina. Reina was only troubled once all game and that was the goal. A shame really.

Stats from ESPN have 11 shots, just two on goal.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #605: Oct 15, 2011 05:52:13 pm
      Reina - 6/10
      Kelly - 8/10
      Carragher 8/10
      Skrtel - 6/10
      Kuyt - 6/10
      Lucas - 6/10
      Gerrard - 8/10
      Adam - 8/10
      Downing - 7/10

Suarez 8/10

Is it just me, or is anybody else pissed of that SKY's premier commentator Martin Tyler hasn't commentated on one of our games yet.
      just shows alot of disrespect in my opinion

What about Enrique?
      Had another fantastic game def 8/10 his work rate was fantastic, always created space for himself and constantly posed a threat
      gallden
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #606: Oct 15, 2011 05:54:10 pm
      They had several shots but all went wide and I think one was easily caught by Reina. Reina was only troubled once all game and that was the goal. A shame really.

Stats from ESPN have 11 shots, just two on goal.
      Thanks, I really don't remember the back line being under much pressure.  We were a lot tighter at the back this match.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,162 posts | 3388 
      Reply #607: Oct 15, 2011 05:57:29 pm
      Jammy manc cu*ts, we F***ing twatted them today but just didn't take our chances so we've only ourselves to blame.

We were F***ing quality from back to front, kept them quiet going forward and kept them constantly shitting themselves when attacking. Alls I've heard this year is how Ashley Young is setting the League alight, didn't get a look in with Martin Kelly today. Had him in his pocket throughout so much so that he tried swapping position and eventually got taken off. Kelly is a F***ing beast. Love the lad.

Along with Kelly and Enrique down the other side with Carra and Skrtel in the middle just keep getting better as a back four. Really starting to look settled. Can't fault any of them for the past two or three games, maybe Skrtel could of marked Hernandez tighter for their goal but it was just great center forward movement.

Stevie was quiet for large parts but came up trumps when we needed it. Downing started slowly but grew into the game more. Kuyt the same. Lucas was awful, few misplaced passes including a suicide ball across the middle of the park in the first half. Henderson came on and again impressed. Looked very tidy and got into dangerous areas on a few occasions. With Lucas suspended for the Norwich game, it should be a chance for Henderson or Spearing to impress again.

Suarez was a F***ing handful as per usual. Some of his skills made their defence look silly. Should of buried his chance though, that was a F***ing sitter for a man of his ability. But the way he got into that chance was him at his very best.

Charlie Adam was just F***ing quality, best player on the pitch I thought. His best performance in a Liverpool shirt by a country mile. Any doubts about whether he can handle big games was blown away today. He was F***ing brilliant. Keep up those sort of performances Charlie lad and you'll have no problems.

Ferdinand should of been sent off for that foul on Adam, was a clear yellow and he'd already been booked. Evans threw his hand on Kuyt's header, should of been a pen. Evra should of been booked for blowing kisses at the fans then kissing the United badge in front of our support. Quite clearly trying to wind up the fans which is supposedly against the rules of the game. Take your shirt off, yellow card - blow kisses and F**k all. Nah. Not even sure if the corner that their goal came from was a corner, thought Smalling just headed it out. The one they got off Ashley Young's shot certainly weren't a corner.

All in all proud of the lads performance today, we were as good as we have been all season in terms of performances but just wasn't clinical enough. Not happy with the result, we should of won but we didn't.

Onwards to Norwich.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #608: Oct 15, 2011 05:58:43 pm
      Thanks, I really don't remember the back line being under much pressure.  We were a lot tighter at the back this match.

Agreed. I thought the defenders were at their best today - they were tight, composed and won just about every aerial battle. And when ManU got shots they were mostly difficult ones. Unfortunately the defense broke down on the corner and that was the difference.
      gallden
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #609: Oct 15, 2011 05:59:46 pm
      Agreed. I thought the defenders were at their best today - they were tight, composed and won just about every aerial battle. And when ManU got shots they were mostly difficult ones. Unfortunately the defense broke down on the corner and that was the difference.
      We ought to try that zonal marking out once.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #610: Oct 15, 2011 06:02:58 pm
      City top tonight on GD and two ahead of the Scum on points.

As I said in an earlier post, we may just have broken the Scum's back in today's game and number 20 for them now may well be the one they don't get for many a year.
      The end.

Stevie did it.

Its a long way to go. Lets look at today's result at the season end.

It may have been far more significant for them to have dropped the points than us.

Its all over Fergie.  The only thing is .... you dont know it yet.   Or in your drunken haze perhaps you do?

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,513 posts | 2873 
      Reply #611: Oct 15, 2011 06:38:14 pm
      Just think we need to thrash a team scoring a fair few goals in the process to improve our confidence infront of goal.

Sort that and we're really up there.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,740 posts | 7175 
      Reply #612: Oct 15, 2011 06:52:15 pm
      Just think we need to thrash a team scoring a fair few goals in the process to improve our confidence infront of goal.

Sort that and we're really up there.
      Agree its all there its just about confidence now.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #613: Oct 15, 2011 06:54:33 pm
      To be honest im reall surprised Skrtel started ahead of Agger.
      If rumoured, Agger was fully fit and if he played today, we wouldnt have conceded
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #614: Oct 15, 2011 07:22:55 pm
      So disappointed with a draw in the end. I believe they were there for the taking today. Lots of positives though, mainly dominated the game throughout and they hardly had a sniff. I was very impressed with Enrique in the first half and is proving to be an absolute steal. Great to see Stevie start and get another game under his belt injury free. I feel something is missing in the final third though and hopefully Stevie and Suarez click after drubbing Norwich.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #615: Oct 15, 2011 07:33:18 pm
      So disappointed with a draw in the end. I believe they were there for the taking today. Lots of positives though, mainly dominated the game throughout and they hardly had a sniff. I was very impressed with Enrique in the first half and is proving to be an absolute steal. Great to see Stevie start and get another game under his belt injury free. I feel something is missing in the final third though and hopefully Stevie and Suarez click after drubbing Norwich.

What we lack in the final 3rd is that natural finisher, but we do have it in Bellamy I reckon.

Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #616: Oct 15, 2011 07:33:50 pm
      Finding it difficult to pick a MOM. I didn't think anyone stood out amongst the rest really but, thought the whole team played great and all had their moments in the game.

Tbh, I was a bit surprised when Hendo came on and not too thrilled either but, after the way he performed when he did come on, I would have to say it's a shame he didn't have more game time today.

Thought Enrique made some fine runs at them and Carragher was on form too. Made up Gerrard got the goal but, would have put money on Suarez scoring when had his best chance against De gea. Would have liked to see Carroll in the box for some of those corners we had though.

Over all, I think we were unlucky not to win today but, I think we have shown how much more solid as a team we have become and fergie and his manc bas**rds know that, as it showed by the team he put out today and the way they played. He knows he has met his match in KK and is bricking it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #617: Oct 15, 2011 07:37:22 pm
      Thought Gerrard and Adam when on the ball were superb today. Especially Adam who's been in for a bit of tough criticism from us lot but for the whole 90 minutes he did himself wonders today. Great time to have your best game for the club yet Charlie! MOTM no doubt.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #618: Oct 15, 2011 07:48:06 pm
      Disappointing really should have won the game.
      JQ
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #619: Oct 15, 2011 07:50:44 pm
      only negative for me is i think if Carroll and Bellamy played the last 20-25 minutes i think we'd have won.....guess when everyone was playing so well it's hard to make changes.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #620: Oct 15, 2011 07:52:02 pm

Well, we've played the 4-3-3 today, and to be honest, I wasn't really impressed ... True, Charlie Adam has looked better in the 4-3-3 today, but as a team, we've looked much better when Kenny has used his classic 4-4-1-1 back in March ... Probably it will take time for the players to get used to the 4-3-3, and I am still not convinced that formation is the best way forward, considering the type of players that we have ...

Personally, I think that it was a mistake from Kenny not to use any subs after we've conceded, especially since he's had Carroll and Bellamy on the bench, but he was probably satisfied with the draw, and has tried to steal the win with the players that were already on the pitch ... Still, the introduction of Bellamy could have been very effective, considering that Ferdinand and Evra were both on yellow cards ...

Overall, it is always disappointing when we don't win, especially against the Mancs at Anfield, but this result is still a decent one, and it will be helpful in our campaign to get a top 4 finish, and return to the Champions League again ...

Quick Reply