Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 47168 times
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Norwich
      Reply #460: Oct 22, 2011 07:34:47 pm
      All those saying it was Kenny's fault need to F**k off!!!

What the F**k are you saying???!! We should have won about 6-1, it's not his fault the players couldn't bury their chances :mad:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #461: Oct 22, 2011 07:34:59 pm
      I would have started with Spearing cause I don't really like the idea of having a midfield so open as Adam and Gerrard. However, it shouldn't have mattered anyway. I don't even want to see the stats right now, but we had like a million chances and just couldn't score. People say we need to buy a finisher in January yet still don't want to admit £35M for Carroll was f***in nuts. Can't believe we have a player so expense warming the bench.

Then Kenny subs, they got all of them wrong in my opinion. Bellamy was one of our most incisive, creating attacking players, and he changed him for a very quiet Hendo, who I hardly noticed in the pitch at all. He finally brings on Carroll by taking off our best crosser. And finally, a center back for a striker in the final minutes, words just fail me to even try to explain that.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,164 posts | 263 
      Reply #462: Oct 22, 2011 07:35:07 pm
      Our shooting from ouitside the box is pathetic. Really need an intensive shooting practice.
      Totally agree mate.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #463: Oct 22, 2011 07:35:21 pm
      Shut up you dickhead.

All we need to do is learn to finish. Stoke, Sunderland, Man Utd and now Norwich have all been lucky not to lose heavily to us.

That's bullshit. Luck works both ways... as in Gerrard's goal against MU, as in the weird pinball that led to Bellamy's goal.

I agree we need to learn how to finish, but I don't think we created a lot of CLEAR goal situations... all our offensive threats came from 1 of every 10 balls that were hoofed to Suarez and 1 of every 10 balls that were hoofed into the box. That's not how I'd like Liverpool to play.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #464: Oct 22, 2011 07:35:25 pm
      knee jerk reactions aside, i cannot believe we didn't win this. so many chances, so many shots on goal, woodwork 3 times, 2 outstanding saves from their keeper. we thoroughly deserved the 3 points and should have buried it.

i think we played brilliantly, but shows, if u don't take your chances, it's bullsh*t. only have ourselves to blame.

Good post, and I totally agree with you.  We played some blinding football today but are far too wasteful in front of goal.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #465: Oct 22, 2011 07:35:36 pm
      Other than Suarez no one looked like scoreing....same old performance from the reds
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #466: Oct 22, 2011 07:35:42 pm
      Shut up you dickhead.

All we need to do is learn to finish. Stoke, Sunderland, Man Utd and now Norwich have all been lucky not to lose heavily to us.
      Really? So when does it stop becoming a matter of luck, and about poor finishing by a very expensive strike force which is not starting to cost us?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #467: Oct 22, 2011 07:35:59 pm
      We freaking need a finishe or poacher or whatever in January.

Almost 30 shots today and only managed one goal. Pathetic.

I know I always say we can be happy with performances like this even if we fail to win but nope, we were at Anfield, we had 30 shots, and we didn't win.

There's no way we can aim to challenge for anything if we are not going to score goals.

9 league games, only 12 goals scored. Never in a million years good enough, that.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #468: Oct 22, 2011 07:36:24 pm
      NO WAY  we're serious contenders at the moment. Tottenham and even Newcastle are playing much much better than us and I don't think they would have lost vs Rangers etc. We have so many good players but if you don't put them on the field or don't play well  it's useless.

We'll be title contenders when:
      -Carroll will start scoring
      -Downing wil start to play well-assists and goals
      -Henderson will have enough confidence and freedom to do what he knows best-create goals-
      -We'll  able to win comfortably against "smaller teams"
      -We'll be able to win without Gerrard or Suarez

At the start of the season I was convinced we could challenge but it's clear we cannot win without Suarez; Downing is worse than Maxi in terms of goals and assists; Carroll has not enough confidence because he cannot score from the silly crosses he gets; Henderson is not given freedom to create, Bellamy, Maxi and Kuyt are sometimes unfairly on the bench etc. 
      I trusted Kenny fully last season but I'm not convinced by the teams he selects at the moment.  Maxi was awesome last season and plays well when given the opportunity.
      Carroll scored vs Everton and then was benched vs ManU. How do you want him to score?.

I hope we find a solution soon and the 3 next games are ideal to try different team selection etc. :scarf:

Still not contenders... :P
      I cannot understand Kenny's choices at the moment.  But I'll continue to support him and the team...
      We should aim no more than top 4 at the moment with the way we're scoring.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #469: Oct 22, 2011 07:36:30 pm
      Dirk Kuyt was a joke today
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #470: Oct 22, 2011 07:36:41 pm
      Created enough chances, not good enough to put them away.

Fed up and will now boycott MOTD cos I can't bear watching that again.

Makes me so mad when you know Arsenal, Chavski, ManUre and Citeh either have or will beat them comfortably.

We won't make another top 4 finish unless we beat the weaker teams in the league
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #471: Oct 22, 2011 07:36:51 pm
      Just one thought going into the second half, let it not be another of those matches where we dominate like hell and still miss out on win. Should go out and keep the same game going in the second half as well.

Just one word. Annoying. Felt like scratching my head off, it was that infuriating.

Agree with RB, will post later to prevent some knee-jerking coming in from my side.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #472: Oct 22, 2011 07:37:17 pm
      Kenny should have kept the same formation as we played against Utd, Gerrard and Adam didn't have the legs to close down in the second half. Talk about putting me in a bad mood before a night out.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #473: Oct 22, 2011 07:37:25 pm
      The substitution was a big mistake, once bellamy off they moved a gear up because we have removed the threat on the left while Adam is a passenger in the whole game while Kuyt's final pass is one that we cannot look forward to if we want to consider ourselves title contender. Those balls kept floaring into Norwich's box I just don;t understand. Were the players playing intelligently? Our players positioning inside the box is pathetic, so far at the backpost, so many times and no attempt to move to take on their defenders giving them free headers until Carroll came in.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #474: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:01 pm
      We didn't play badly at all I feel, we didn't take our chances and we all know that if you don't take those, you might regret it later in the game..and that was proven tonight.

Underestimated Norwich  is pure lack of recognition of the hard work they put away from home this season so far. They nearly got a result at Chelsea and at old trafford and some of you are surprised they managed to get a result at Anfield?? I'm not surprised, I'm disappointed off course because we should have won this by 5 but realistic and a point is still a point. that might be THE point who save our butts at the end of the season for a place in the top 4. The season is not over..and reaing some posts here, it looks like it..ridiculous.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #475: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:01 pm
      Ian Rush was once asked if he was letting a lack of goals bother him, he said it doesnt matter , if the chances dry up then he has a problem. Same with the reds today, fantastic football just really unlucky. Im really enjoying our team at the moment, think of where we were this time last year . The goals will come.
      You make some sense mate, I agree, but to call that fantastic football is way over the top.
      AX1377
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #476: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:21 pm
      knee jerk reactions aside, i cannot believe we didn't win this. so many chances, so many shots on goal, woodwork 3 times, 2 outstanding saves from their keeper. we thoroughly deserved the 3 points and should have buried it.

i think we played brilliantly, but shows, if u don't take your chances, it's bullsh*t. only have ourselves to blame.

Unbelievably frustrating. had that feeling late in the first half, you can dominate all you want, hit the bar, have a goal disallowed and not even try 100%, yet when the teams come out again after the break everything can change.

Has happened to us far too many times, have lost too many points from winning positions, and hardly ever secured points from a losing position - that is the biggest difference between us and Man Utd and other top teams.

Suarez for all his excellent play is simply not clinical enough.

We should have f***in buried them! ruined my night.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #477: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:24 pm
      Thought Adam played well actually.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #478: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:30 pm
      Two points dropped last weekend and two points dropped today - not good enough I'm afraid, extremely dissapointed with that performance, we really should have stuck those chances away in the first half.

We need to take a step back and have a real good look at ourselves, all credit to Norwich they played some pretty good football, can't see them going down.

Finishing was unbelievably poor today, deffo need some extra practice at Melwood.

Suarez was very unlucky at times today but he needs to focus on finishing and a bit less of the moaning. The Ref didn't help, he was poor and we should have had a pen when Adam was floored in the box  :mad:

little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #479: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:43 pm
      F**k sake, same old story as Stoke, chance after chance after chance wasted,

F***ing Charlie Adam, he fades fast in the second half. Our midfield was sh*te today and F***ing Dirk Kuyt, was awful.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #480: Oct 22, 2011 07:38:53 pm
      CHARLIE ADAM CANNOT PLAY FOR A TOP 4 SIDE
      smithymonster
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #481: Oct 22, 2011 07:39:01 pm
      This time last year we had just lost 2-0 to the scumbags!! Come on everyone I am delighted with the new team and how we play. Its not going to be instant, but that was just unlucky tonight. If we play with that committment every game I think we will do just fine.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #482: Oct 22, 2011 07:39:24 pm
      We had enough chances to win 10 F***ing matches, Carroll should have buried that header and Suarez had a great chance all in the 93rd F***ing minute,

Quick Reply