Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      62 (48.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      7 (5.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      5 (3.9%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Stewart Downing
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      13 (10.2%)
      Craig Bellamy
      30 (23.4%)
      Someone else?
      7 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Liverpool 1-1 Norwich - post match frustration

Read 47521 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Norwich
      Reply #483: Oct 22, 2011 07:39:50 pm
      How can you not play 2 forwards at home against Norwich......and don't say Kuyt is a forward, with 10 min to Carroll is brought on has 2 chances, if Carroll isn't good enough then why the F**k did we pay 35 million
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #484: Oct 22, 2011 07:39:53 pm
      All those saying it was Kenny's fault need to F**k off!!!

What the F**k are you saying???!! We should have won about 6-1, it's not his fault the players couldn't bury their chances :mad:
      I think they are asking why Carroll never started (sooner?) and why Kuyt came off to be replaced by Agger.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #485: Oct 22, 2011 07:40:24 pm
      Adam is grand in a 3 not a 2 playing with a lad working his way back from a long term injury, we gave Wesley Hoolahan and co way to much space in that second half
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #486: Oct 22, 2011 07:40:33 pm
      CHARLIE ADAM CANNOT PLAY FOR A TOP 4 SIDE

Yes he can, you are a moron.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #487: Oct 22, 2011 07:40:41 pm
      29 attempts. 9 on target.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #488: Oct 22, 2011 07:40:54 pm
      Two points dropped last weekend and two points dropped today - not good enough I'm afraid, extremely dissapointed with that performance, we really should have stuck those chances away in the first half.

We need to take a step back and have a real good look at ourselves, all credit to Norwich they played some pretty good football, can't see them going down.

Finishing was unbelievably poor today, deffo need some extra practice at Melwood.

Suarez was very unlucky at times today but he needs to focus on finishing and a bit less of the moaning. The Ref didn't help, he was poor and we should have had a pen when Adam was floored in the box  :mad:

Agree with every word of it. Finishing and defence did us in today.

Defensively, this game just shows how much having Lucas in the middle means to the team. Norwich players had a free run at the goal a few times, there was nobody to break down their attacks.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #489: Oct 22, 2011 07:41:03 pm
      I would have started with Spearing cause I don't really like the idea of having a midfield so open as Adam and Gerrard. However, it shouldn't have mattered anyway. I don't even want to see the stats right now, but we had like a million chances and just couldn't score. People say we need to buy a finisher in January yet still don't want to admit £35M for Carroll was f***in nuts. Can't believe we have a player so expense warming the bench.

Then Kenny subs, they got all of them wrong in my opinion. Bellamy was one of our most incisive, creating attacking players, and he changed him for a very quiet Hendo, who I hardly noticed in the pitch at all. He finally brings on Carroll by taking off our best crosser. And finally, a center back for a striker in the final minutes, words just fail me to even try to explain that.

Yeah...First bad sub was getting Hendo on. I rate him, but he's no gamebreaker and Bellamy had scored and was being a threat down his wing... Then getting Carroll in when we have no way to cross, and not subbing Gerrard or Adam in favor of Spearing... Then getting Agger on to send Enrique as a LW? We had four left wingers today!!! I have never blamed Kenny but I think this was very poor from him.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #490: Oct 22, 2011 07:41:20 pm
      Today Downing Adam and henderson we awfull
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #491: Oct 22, 2011 07:41:39 pm
      29 attempts on target and only one goal
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #492: Oct 22, 2011 07:41:43 pm
      Have to say I really really hate the 4-4-2 formation, it is way to F***ing rigid especially the way we play it
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #493: Oct 22, 2011 07:42:11 pm
      Took both wingers off and put carroll on.
      Takes off forward and puts defender on as we enter injury time.
      Confused? 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #494: Oct 22, 2011 07:42:53 pm
      I have to admit and say I have been baffled at Kenny's starting eleven or substitution decisions at times over the course of the season.

Why take out our threat on the left today? Why take out the winger (though was below par) who can put in crosses?

For how good Suarez can be, he's a poor finisher. He's a class player but he had 11 shots today, that's more than enough to win 2-3 games!

When Lucas is unavailable, it's players like Spearing that should be deputising him.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #495: Oct 22, 2011 07:43:19 pm
      Took both wingers off and put carroll on.
      Takes off forward and puts defender on as we enter injury time.
      Confused? 

Agger for Kuyt was meant to let Enrique play as a LW as he can cross better than Kuyt from there.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #496: Oct 22, 2011 07:43:19 pm
      Yeah...First bad sub was getting Hendo on. I rate him, but he's no gamebreaker and Bellamy had scored and was being a threat down his wing... Then getting Carroll in when we have no way to cross, and not subbing Gerrard or Adam in favor of Spearing... Then getting Agger on to send Enrique as a LW? We had four left wingers today!!! I have never blamed Kenny but I think this was very poor from him.

I agree. Kenny made some key mistakes today - the biggest of which was keeping Kuyt on and not getting Carroll in there from the start or immediately after they scored. We needed Carroll's height and Kuyt was just awful.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #497: Oct 22, 2011 07:43:21 pm
      Kuyt was F***ing horrendus, he should have come off instead of Bellamy, Henderson offers very little in a wide role and it is strange bringing off our best crosser Downing when you are bringing Carroll on.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #498: Oct 22, 2011 07:43:28 pm
      I would be inclined to say playing only Adam and Gerrard in midfield was a mistake - I'd have picked Spearing, Adam and Gerrard -, but I don't think it's really fair, we can talk about space in midfield but I think Kenny always knew it was going to happen. He was just taking risks there. We all love offensive football, and taking risks is part of it. Their goal didn't come because of it either.

We were open in the back but kept the ball and created lots of chances, therefore should've won. Simple as that. Midfield was not the problem, it was Downing ridiculous contribution, Kuyt's poor game, Suarez repeatdly wasting chances, Carroll coming on too late and still missing that header in the end.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #499: Oct 22, 2011 07:43:40 pm
      Yeah. First bad sub was getting Hendo on. I rate him, but he's no gamebreaker and Bellamy had scored and was being a threat down his wing.  Then getting Carroll in when we have no way to cross, and not subbing Gerrard or Adam in favor of Spearing.  Then getting Agger on to send Enrique as a LW? We had four left wingers today!!! I have never blamed Kenny but I think this was very poor from him.

Last week proved otherwise. He is being played out of position. Kenny has some work to do. Carroll should have started too, in my opinion. Downing was average.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #500: Oct 22, 2011 07:44:10 pm
      But only 1 goal thats where our problem lies, 9 games gone +2 goal difference
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #501: Oct 22, 2011 07:44:39 pm
      Don't think I've ever seen a side miss as many chances as us since the Sunderland game.

It's a complete shambles. We'd genuinely be up there with City and United if we'd finished even a quarter of the chances we've missed so far.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #502: Oct 22, 2011 07:44:43 pm
      its not kennys fault :mad:
      you guys its obviously the players fault..suarez needs finishing practise asap because even though i love him he does not score enough to be our main goalscorer...carroll shouldnt be aloud on the anfield ppitch..he needs alot of work...the players done exactly what eveeryone said not do ... underestimate the opposition they expected the result just to come without trying..really annoyed better  beat stoke midweek
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #503: Oct 22, 2011 07:44:50 pm
      If Suarez was clinical he would score 70 goals a season
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #504: Oct 22, 2011 07:45:23 pm
      Don't think I've ever seen a side miss as many chances as us since the Sunderland game.

It's a complete shambles. We'd genuinely be up there with City and United if we'd finished even a quarter of the chances we've missed so far.

Spot on mate!!
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #505: Oct 22, 2011 07:45:59 pm
      Kuyt was f***ing horrendus, he should have come off instead of Bellamy, Henderson offers very little in a wide role and it is strange bringing off our best crosser Downing when you are bringing Carroll on.

This. So much of our play broke down around Kuyt today.

Although our general lack of movement was more of a concern for me. Players seemed so static when we were in possession.

Quick Reply