Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Latest injury news from the media

Read 10298 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Injury report
      Reply #69: Sep 29, 2011 11:38:33 pm

Melwood injury update

29th Sep 2011

Kenny Dalglish today confirmed Daniel Agger has resumed training following injury.

The Denmark centre-back sustained a fractured rib in the defeat at Tottenham Hotspur on September 18, but trained alongside his teammates at Melwood on Thursday ahead of the weekend clash with Everton.

Dalglish also revealed Glen Johnson is edging closer to a first-team return after a hamstring problem.

The boss told his pre-match press conference: "Daniel Agger is back training today and Glen Johnson is on his way as well.

"Everybody else has trained fully."

Meanwhile, journalists asked Dalglish whether the fact Saturday's game is a Merseyside derby at Goodison Park made it more tempting to hand Steven Gerrard a first start of the 2011-12 season.

He replied: "No. The game is not the important thing - Steven Gerrard is more important. As we've said before, we'll manage Steven as well as we possibly can."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/melwood-injury-update
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #70: Oct 07, 2011 11:12:05 pm

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson hopes to face Man Utd

Friday, 7 October 2011 19:16 UK

Glen Johnson is hoping to face Manchester United next weekend after returning to training with Liverpool.

Johnson has endured a frustrating start to the season which has restricted him to just nine minutes of action.

The England defender has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury but has returned to training ahead of United's visit on 15 October.

"I'm working hard and it would be nice to be back in the squad for the Man United game," said Johnson.

Johnson's only appearance this season was as a substitute towards the end of the 1-0 defeat to Stoke on 10 September.

The 27-year-old former Chelsea and Portsmouth player missed the start of the season with a thigh problem he picked up in a friendly against Valencia.

He returned to fitness last month but suffered a hamstring injury against Stoke, and has not played since.

But the full-back is now targeting a return when United visit Anfield.

"Hopefully I can make the bench anyway, so fingers crossed," added Johnson.

"I'm feeling good at the moment and I've been doing plenty of running.

"I've just started doing ball work outside in training so I reckon it won't be too long now."

Steven Gerrard could also make his first start for seven months against United.

Gerrard, who underwent groin surgery after helping Liverpool defeat United 3-1 at Anfield in March, has made three substitute appearances since returning to training.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15222324.stm
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #71: Oct 07, 2011 11:15:05 pm

Martin Kelly returns from England Under-21 duty so Liverpool FC can monitor groin injury

By Neil Jones
      Oct 7 2011

LIVERPOOL defender Martin Kelly has been sent home from England Under-21 duty through injury.

The 21-year-old played 90 minutes for Stuart Pearce's side on Thursday night as they defeated Iceland 3-0 in a Euro 2013 qualifier in Rekjavik, but complained of a tightness in his groin afterwards.

He has returned to Liverpool as a precautionary measure, and will miss England's trip to Drammen to play Norway on Monday evening.

Kelly has been troubled by injuries since breaking into the Reds' first team in 2009.

Having missed the back-end of last season through a hamstring problem, he has recently returned to action, impressing with his all-action displays at right-back. He will be assessed by the Reds medical staff ahead of next weekend's clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/07/martin-kelly-returns-from-england-under-21-duty-so-liverpool-fc-can-monitor-groin-injury-100252-29557702/
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #72: Oct 08, 2011 07:33:07 am
      Martin Kelly returns from England Under-21 duty so Liverpool FC can monitor groin injury

By Neil Jones
      Oct 7 2011

LIVERPOOL defender Martin Kelly has been sent home from England Under-21 duty through injury.

The 21-year-old played 90 minutes for Stuart Pearce's side on Thursday night as they defeated Iceland 3-0 in a Euro 2013 qualifier in Rekjavik, but complained of a tightness in his groin afterwards.

He has returned to Liverpool as a precautionary measure, and will miss England's trip to Drammen to play Norway on Monday evening.

Kelly has been troubled by injuries since breaking into the Reds' first team in 2009.

Having missed the back-end of last season through a hamstring problem, he has recently returned to action, impressing with his all-action displays at right-back. He will be assessed by the Reds medical staff ahead of next weekend's clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/07/martin-kelly-returns-from-england-under-21-duty-so-liverpool-fc-can-monitor-groin-injury-100252-29557702/

just F***ing great and its not even the full england game
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #73: Oct 10, 2011 09:48:17 pm
      Steven Gerrard may start for Liverpool against Manchester United

• Liverpool captain in line for first start since March
      • Jordan Henderson vows to fight for Liverpool place

Andy Hunter
      Monday 10 October 2011

Steven Gerrard is in contention to make his first Liverpool start in seven months against Manchester United on Saturday as he continues his recovery from a groin injury.

The Liverpool captain has not started a competitive fixture since the 3-1 win over Sir Alex Ferguson's side at Anfield on 6 March, a contest that aggravated a persistent groin problem and left the 31-year-old requiring surgery.

Gerrard's scheduled return for the start of this season was delayed due to a virus connected to the operation but he has made three substitute appearances for Kenny Dalglish's team since 21 September and, having been omitted from the England squad who secured qualification for Euro 2012 against Montenegro last week, is pushing for a starting role against United.

Liverpool have handled the return of their influential captain carefully and were grateful that approach was reflected in Fabio Capello's selection policy against Montenegro. The extra fortnight's training has increased Gerrard's prospects of a return in the lunchtime game at Anfield, when Liverpool will be seeking a fourth successive home league victory over their great rivals.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/10/steven-gerrard-liverpool-manchester-united
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #74: Oct 12, 2011 04:04:19 am
      Just Lucas & Suarez to return safely now. Fingers crossed.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #75: Oct 13, 2011 07:30:46 pm

Kenny's clean bill of health for Utd

13th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he has a fully fit squad to select from against Manchester United this weekend.

The likes of Glen Johnson, Martin Kelly, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio are all back vying for places.

"Everybody's fine," the boss told reporters. "The three boys who came back from South America are all fine. It's only myself that's ill! I can't even get a game in a five-a-side.

"But it's only Thursday - we might get a couple (of injuries) tomorrow!"

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-s-clean-bill-of-health-for-utd
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #76: Oct 13, 2011 07:39:53 pm

13th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has revealed he has a fully fit squad to select from against Manchester United this weekend.

The likes of Glen Johnson, Martin Kelly, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio are all back vying for places.

"Everybody's fine," the boss told reporters. "The three boys who came back from South America are all fine. It's only myself that's ill! I can't even get a game in a five-a-side.

Thank god for that!!!  Now, if we can manage to keep our best players fit for a decent stretch, we might be able to make a good run up the table!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #77: Oct 13, 2011 07:44:55 pm

13th Oct 2011

Feels like an eternity we haven't had a fully fit squad!

Great news, not just for Saturday, but for the coming couple of months.

Be brilliant to have competition for places through the full season, leaving us full of energy for the run in.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #78: Oct 13, 2011 10:27:52 pm
      Best bit of news i have heard all day,a full fit squad. Poor Kenny will have a pain in his nuts trying to pick a team.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #79: Oct 17, 2011 12:44:40 am
      We finished the game against the mancs with a fit squad, no new injuries. Only player who will miss the next premier league game is Lucas because of the amount of yellow's he's got.

Feels great having a fresh, injury free squad.

Let's hope that some of the lads who haven't played much football recently get a good run out against Rangers and most importantly, come out injury free.

Doubt we'll see too many players play from Saturday's match.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #80: Oct 20, 2011 03:21:12 pm

Melwood injury update

20th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has reported just two injury concerns ahead of Saturday's clash at home to Norwich City.

The Reds boss revealed that back-up goalkeeper Alexander Doni is ruled out after damaging his finger in the friendly defeat at Rangers, while full-back Jack Robinson is also likely to be missing.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "We did have (a fully fit squad) but the goalkeeper hurt his finger. Jack Robinson has a sprain too. Up until the Rangers game we had a fully fit squad.

"Danny Wilson got a kick on the ankle too, but he's okay.

"Everybody else is fine."

Despite suffering a 1-0 loss against the Scottish champions, as well as the double injury blow, Dalglish believes the match at Ibrox was a worthwhile exercise for his squad.

He added: "It was useful in some aspects. We gave some of the lads coming back to fitness a game and that's quite important for us, it's better than training. I wouldn't say it was the best performance we have ever put in but we got some value out of it for some of the lads."

Steven Gerrard will aim to return to the line-up after being rested against Rangers and Dalglish has no qualms about starting the skipper in the clash with the Canaries following his man of the match display in the 1-1 draw with Manchester United.

Dalglish said: "Well he's fit enough to play for us and that's all that concerns us. As we've said many times before, we've waxed lyrical about Steven and what he's done for the club and rightly so. Obviously the more games you play, the fitter you will get.

"But he's certainly fit enough to be considered to play for us.

"We are absolutely delighted he is where he is. Even more so, that he came back last week and scored a goal. We just hope he gets a run now and a bit of luck."

The boss was also asked about comments made by Gerrard earlier this week, in which the No.8 spoke about the toll that six months on the sidelines had taken on him and the way the club had supported him during his recuperation.

He added: "We'll help everyone in the best way we can. Whether it's Steven or anyone else. We've got to manage everybody. Glen Johnson has had a tough time as well. He doesn't have the history and tradition that Steven has with the club, but he's still very important to us.

"We have helped Steven and everyone is delighted to be back. Hopefully we are helping Glen, Fabio Aurelio and anyone else who has been out."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/melwood-injury-update-1
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #81: Oct 20, 2011 03:48:42 pm
      Jack Robinson is out with a sprain, but we have Aurelio fit again, and Johno is capable of covering either fullback position so we should be ok. 

Quick question for you all..... with Robinson still so young, would you want us to keep Aurelio around for one more year if he can get and stay fit for the rest of this season?  Or, would you prefer to let him go at the end of this season, and have Robo step in as our #2 LB?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #82: Oct 21, 2011 03:16:09 am
      ^ I think this is a last season of Fabio at Liverpool FC.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #83: Oct 21, 2011 07:08:48 am
      Agree, and sadly unless Agger can stay fit for a sustained period, could be his too.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #84: Oct 21, 2011 03:13:44 pm
      Agree, and sadly unless Agger can stay fit for a sustained period, could be his too.

I agree with this sentiment about Agger, but not necessarily with Fabio.  While both seem to spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch, only one of them actually has any kind of sell on value for us at the moment - Agger.  Both players can still offer something to this club when fit, so if we can keep Fabio around for one more season just to provide squad depth and cover in case of an injury crisis, it will give us more time to properly ease Jack Robinson into the #2 LB spot.  Robo is still only 18 years old, and I think he needs to be gradually eased into the 1st team.  I also doubt that we are paying Aurelio silly money for wages, so I think it makes sense to keep him around for one more season provided he can stay fit for the majority of this year.  If he gets injured in training sessions, or if he gets injured in one of the handful of games that he will get this season, then we need to let him go at the end of the season. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #85: Oct 28, 2011 12:16:31 pm

Suarez fitness update

28th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish has today revealed that he will leave it until the last minute to decide whether Luis Suarez will face West Brom on Saturday.

The striker picked up an ankle knock during the Carling Cup success at Stoke City and the boss admitted he has since undergone treatment at Melwood.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "He's had a bit of treatment so we'll see how he is. He's had a tough time recently, so we'll see how he is tomorrow."

Suarez's magnificent brace in the triumph over Tony Pulis's men had the boss struggling for superlatives during his post-Stoke press conference.

He admits he has been delighted by the former Ajax star's overall contribution since moving to Anfield and reckons he is proving to be a great ambassador for the Reds.

"I said it the other night, my vocabulary ran out within a week when the wee man came here," said Dalglish.

"He's been fantastic and the great thing him about him is that he is very unassuming as well.

"Everybody can see what he can do on the pitch. He's got no edge to him. He doesn't think he is better than anyone else and he's fantastic in and around the football club. He's a great ambassador for the club as well.

"So for us, as well as his football, the other things he brings to the club are important as well.

"If we do have someone else capable of doing that then we need to get him on the pitch as well, at the same time as the wee man.

"He's only been here since January and we are already running out of compliments to pay him. That in itself is a huge compliment I suppose."

Steven Gerrard was a notable absentee during the Carling Cup encounter in the Potteries but Dalglish was quick to rebuff any queries surrounding his fitness.

"It's just part of the course of sensibility, I think, with both him and Glen (Johnson)," said Dalglish. "There's nothing wrong. They both could have played if they had to play. It was our choice."

Asked if he had any other injury doubts for the showdown at the Hawthorns, Dalglish added: "More or less it's a full squad."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/suarez-fitness-update
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #86: Oct 29, 2011 09:00:48 pm

KD on Gerrard

29th Oct 2011

Kenny Dalglish is confident both Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher will return to action in the near future after the duo missed the 2-0 triumph at West Brom.

The Reds boss was quizzed about their omission from the squad at his post-match press conference at the Hawthorns and the Scot was quick to allay any fears over their long-term fitness.

Dalglish told reporters: "Carragher has a calf strain. Steven Gerrard has an infection in his ankle.

"Steven was in my mind for the game today but it just flared up. We are off tomorrow, so we'll have a more accurate idea on Monday or Tuesday when we return to training. We will be more accurate next week than what we can be now."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kd-on-gerrard-wba-and-suarez

Quick Reply