Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United)

Read 8550 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United)
      Oct 28, 2011 10:51:25 am
      Liverpool linked with Coloccini

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is stepping up his interest in Newcastle's cult hero skipper Fabricio Coloccini - and weighing up a transfer window move.

Director of football Damien Comolli personally lead a two-man delegation to watch the powerful Argentina centre-half as the Reds updated their dossier on him.

Coloccini has become one of the better defenders in the Premier League and Dalglish is looking to strengthen in that department now 33-year-old Jamie Carragher is officially at the veteran stage.

Newcastle, who have already sold Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique to Liverpool in 2011, would look for a big fee for a player who is the current number one idol of the Toon Army.

Read more: Link

Now i was taliking about Arsenal being a feeder club to Man city and i was disagreeing with Man City doing this . However im reading about Colocinni now and thinking Not a bad player , Would love to see him at anfield he has a good pedigree of clubs hes played at . Hes tried and tested in the premier league wih almost 120 apperances.
                 Which brings me to the point , I feel a little two faced slagging Man City off for doing to Arsenal what we seem to be doing to Newcastle!
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2011 12:46:46 pm by Reslivo »
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Re: Collocini
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2011 11:25:33 am
      rather have cahill. both would cost around the same but cahill is slightly better and a few years younger
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2011 12:38:59 pm
      So Coates puts in a sound performance (the mistake for their goal aside) against a fairly physical/difficult side and two days later we are linked with an average player who's about eight years older than him and would do nothing but hinder his progress, its a no from me!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2011 12:44:36 pm
      Average player?

He's the main reason that Newcastle have conceded the least goals so far this season.

Coloccini is an absolute demon in defence, and I'd welcome him here with open arms.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Re: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United)
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2011 12:50:16 pm
      Average player?

He's the main reason that Newcastle have conceded the least goals so far this season.

Coloccini is an absolute demon in defence, and I'd welcome him here with open arms.

Very F***ing average, seem him plenty of times before he even moved to Newcastle, he's sh*te and I'd rather show faith in Seba.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2011 12:54:21 pm
      He was sh*te when he first moved to Newcastle. I didn't rate him at all, but who's to say a player can't improve?

You can't say he's "sh*te" on the basis of what you saw before his move to Newcastle. That's just biased and arrogant.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2011 01:00:00 pm
      If he can provide adequate back up and Kenny seems think he does have quality I wouldn't argue.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2011 01:02:42 pm
      no way...!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #8: Oct 28, 2011 01:05:47 pm
      He was sh*te when he first moved to Newcastle. I didn't rate him at all, but who's to say a player can't improve?

You can't say he's "sh*te" on the basis of what you saw before his move to Newcastle. That's just biased and arrogant.

Biased and arrogant. What like the rest of the 12,000 kopites!

Titus Bramble has had the occasional good game for Wigan and Sunderland, doesn't stop the fact he's just sh*te, Colloccini is 29 and F***ing sh*te. Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Kelly and Wilson.

There's six central defenders, do you still think we need a seventh?

And all this for some page filler in the F***ing mirror and it's only October!!

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #9: Oct 28, 2011 01:09:57 pm
      Rubbish when he first came over - was impressive last year and playing better now but I wouldnt bother.

We have Coates and Kelly as young CB's ready to move in already - its a no from me.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2011 01:12:06 pm
      And so F***ing what.

Titus Bramble has had the occasional good game for Wigan and Sunderland, doesn't stop the fact he's just sh*te, Colloccini is 29 and F***ing sh*te. Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Kelly and Wilson.

And all this for some page filler in the F***ing mirror and it's only October!!

I rate Coloccini above Skrtel, Wilson & Coates, maybe even Kelly - so yes. I do think we need another central defender.

Stats don't lie and you're just being stubborn now. Coloccini is THE reason Newcastle have conceded next to no goals at home OR away. And who says he has the "occasional" good game? Every game he plays in he's an enigma in defence for them.

Ask any Newcastle fan, I bet they'd HATE to lose Coloccini.

Just because you take an aggressive attitude with everything, doesn't necessarily mean you're "F***ing" right.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2011 01:19:26 pm

That doesn't mean every Liverpool fan would LOVE to gain Coloccini.

Of course they'd be disappointed to lose, what possibly is, their best defender. But that doesn't mean he's good enough for us. Personally I don't think he is. He's an ok player who shines at Newcastle but I've seen plenty of players shine at lower class clubs and fail to succeed at this club.

Only reason I can see us buying him is the age of our defenders in Coates, Wilson and Kelly as well as the injury record of Agger which can, and often does, leave us short of an experienced Premiership proven center half. Coloccini would fit that bill but I'd still be nervous about him because I don't think he's that great and does have a tendency to go on a jolly up the field.

For big money I'd say no ta.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2011 01:21:22 pm
      I rate Coloccini above Skrtel, Wilson & Coates, maybe even Kelly - so yes. I do think we need another central defender.

Stats don't lie and you're just being stubborn now. Coloccini is THE reason Newcastle have conceded next to no goals at home OR away. And who says he has the "occasional" good game? Every game he plays in he's an enigma in defence for them.

Just because you take an aggressive attitude with everything, doesn't necessarily mean you're "F***ing" right.

Or maybe because I go every game I know you're talking F***ing sh*te when you say Coloccini is better then Skrtel and Kelly. I watched both Martin's recently, Aand they've been F***ing top class in our last few games, so you might be a mod, but you're talking our of your arse on this one.

I don't watch Newcastle, so i don't give a F**k how they are playing, I support Liverpool and my personal F***ing opinion is Coloccini isn't good enough for us.

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2011 01:22:09 pm
      Coloccini may be an actually good player (but may also be an average one in excellent form) anyway like Huyton I'd prefer to see Coates getting more matches, or Kelly being tried as CB, as they have the potential to become excellent ones.

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #14: Oct 28, 2011 01:23:03 pm
      I actually agree with Reslivo here.

I think Coloccini is a cracking player.

Would get into our first team, or be very close to one.

He's the heart of Newcastle's defense and they've conceded the least amount of goals in the league this season (I believe). He's partnered next to Stephen F***ing Taylor and keeps that defense rock solid and compact.

He's the captian of the team and the fans love him.

Although I don't think we should sign him. He's currently 29, he's the Newcastle captain and the fans love him. We would have to overpay to get him and he'll be on the decline soon.

If there was any player from from Newcastle, I'd want, it'd be either Tiote or Yohan Cabaye. They have one the best central midfield partnerships in the league.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15: Oct 28, 2011 01:25:27 pm

I don't watch Newcastle, so i don't give a F**k how they are playing, I support Liverpool and my personal F***ing opinion is Coloccini isn't good enough for us.

I know I'm about to be called a tw*t here by you.

But anyway, if you don't watch Newcastle play, how on earth can you have an accurate view on their players?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #16: Oct 28, 2011 01:29:06 pm
      That doesn't mean every Liverpool fan would LOVE to gain Coloccini.

Of course they'd be disappointed to lose, what possibly is, their best defender. But that doesn't mean he's good enough for us. Personally I don't think he is. He's an ok player who shines at Newcastle but I've seen plenty of players shine at lower class clubs and fail to succeed at this club.

Only reason I can see us buying him is the age of our defenders in Coates, Wilson and Kelly as well as the injury record of Agger which can, and often does, leave us short of an experienced Premiership proven center half. Coloccini would fit that bill but I'd still be nervous about him because I don't think he's that great and does have a tendency to go on a jolly up the field.

For big money I'd say no ta.
      For big money it's dead in the water, as posted earlier as back up maybe which should be reflected in the price but if they start talking silly money F**k it right off.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #17: Oct 28, 2011 01:31:14 pm
      For big money it's dead in the water, as posted earlier as back up maybe which should be reflected in the price but if they start talking silly money F**k it right off.

That's my attitude as well mate. Been stung enough times in the past by paying over the odds for players who aren't gonna make the grade.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #18: Oct 28, 2011 01:37:40 pm
      Hmmm well I definitely think we need a centre half. Don't want Coloccini myself though. He's good at Newcastle granted but at 29 he isn't really going to get better and I think he does need to go up a class to be good enough here.

Much rather go for another centre back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #19: Oct 28, 2011 01:38:06 pm
      Looks far too like phil Tomo with his perm but only half the player no thanks.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 28, 2011 01:38:23 pm
      Biased and arrogant. What like the rest of the 12,000 kopites!

Titus Bramble has had the occasional good game for Wigan and Sunderland, doesn't stop the fact he's just sh*te, Colloccini is 29 and f***ing sh*te. Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Kelly and Wilson.

And all this for some page filler in the f***ing mirror and it's only October!!

agree with what you are saying and don't forget about Wisdom, he's got massive potential. Another CB signing would disrupt his progress in the First Team, because it won't be too long before he's playing with the Firsts.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2011 01:38:43 pm
      He's f***in sh*te, can't even get into an Argentine team with a horrible defense.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 28, 2011 01:40:30 pm
      He's f***in sh*te, can't even get into an Argentine team with a horrible defense.
      Bit naive to say that without considering his performances. Sturridge can't get in the England team with a sh*t strike force but is a class player. I don't think it would make sense signing him though as we already have younger and better options.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #23: Oct 28, 2011 01:48:43 pm
      Bit naive to say that without considering his performances. Sturridge can't get in the England team with a sh*t strike force but is a class player. I don't think it would make sense signing him though as we already have younger and better options.

Hard to compare the situations, isn't it? Sturridge is a young player making his way to the English team, almost definitely - let's not forget he's only been scoring goals at the highest level from January onwards. Plus, like it or not, England have Rooney upfront, a top class player. Coloccini on the other hand is 29 year old and Argentina doesn't have not even one top class central defender.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #24: Oct 28, 2011 01:53:36 pm
      I know I'm about to be called a tw*t here by you.

But anyway, if you don't watch Newcastle play, how on earth can you have an accurate view on their players?

I've watched him a lot over his career, let's just say I don't like him as a player.

Let's go for Titus as well while we are at it, he'll be needing a new club soon? We'll all call him sh*te and laugh at him, but did anyone seriously watch 90 minutes of Wigan or Sunderland games.

Well guess what, I couldn't be arsed watching 90 minutes of geordie sh*te!!

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #25: Oct 28, 2011 01:57:09 pm
      We better not sign Bramble now - i just saw this headline:

Sunderland defender Titus Bramble has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one of urinating in a public place.

Full Story http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/7271332/

(Off topic and I know you were joking anyway)......!!

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2011 02:00:34 pm
      Or maybe because I go every game I know you're talking F***ing sh*te when you say Coloccini is better then Skrtel and Kelly. I watched both Martin's recently, Aand they've been F***ing top class in our last few games, so you might be a mod, but you're talking our of your arse on this one.

My status on this forum has nothing to do with how right or wrong I may be.

You don't watch Newcastle. Enough said.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2011 02:09:33 pm

Coloccini is a solid player, but not better than Agger or Skrtel.

Therefore, a very unlikely acquisition, especially considering that he is turning 30 in a couple of months.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2011 02:58:17 pm
      Good player, excellent in the air (especially as he is not the tallest of players). I would prefer Cahill given the option, but maybe Cahill has already expressed a preference for elsewhere?

Comes down to price for me, not sure what Newcastle want for him, but I wouldn't pay more than £6million or so for him.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2011 03:02:35 pm
      Mirror writers rehashing a story from givemefootball or whatever the F**k it's called, which I posted last week in the transfer rumours thread.

Joke of a link and wouldn't want him anywhere near our team or squad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2011 03:51:44 pm
      Who next from the geordies Ameobi?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Oct 28, 2011 03:54:22 pm
      Another injured striker Shabs. You might be onto something
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2011 04:07:31 pm by racerx34 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #32: Oct 28, 2011 04:00:46 pm
      You don't watch Newcastle. Enough said.

Well I don't have a Newcastle season ticket, last time I checked, I had a Kop season ticket and was a Liverpool fan, not a F***ing geordie muppet!

And too many divvies believing the sh*te press, well done!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Oct 28, 2011 04:14:09 pm
      No thanks.

Skrtel is a much better player truth be told he has improved tremendously this season and I think the fact that he was given the arm band has alot to do with this. But he's lack of pace is a big no no for me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34: Oct 28, 2011 04:31:41 pm
      Is this really thread worthy in The Kop?

Oh and he's 29 and far from the transfer policy set out by NESV.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #35: Oct 28, 2011 08:52:00 pm
       He is a good player, and has improved a lot recently, but I think we have enough CB's already, do we need to give the Geordies another overinflated fee for a 29 year old.?

I would prefer Shawcross, but I'm not convinced we need another CB at all.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Oct 28, 2011 09:47:56 pm
      I was on the fence here until I realised hes 29. Why bother. If Kenny feels we need another centre half go get somebody around 24-26 wholl give us our moneys worth
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #37: Oct 28, 2011 10:36:43 pm
      There's no doubting he is a cracking defender. But I think with Coates coming up, Agger still mid-20s, Skrtel, Kelly can play centre back, we're pretty plentiful in that position - and considering his age, I think it's kinda pointless.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #38: Oct 29, 2011 12:55:48 am
      I actually agree with Reslivo here.

I think Coloccini is a cracking player.

Would get into our first team, or be very close to one.

He's the heart of Newcastle's defense and they've conceded the least amount of goals in the league this season (I believe). He's partnered next to Stephen f***ing Taylor and keeps that defense rock solid and compact.

He's the captian of the team and the fans love him.

Although I don't think we should sign him. He's currently 29, he's the Newcastle captain and the fans love him. We would have to overpay to get him and he'll be on the decline soon.

If there was any player from from Newcastle, I'd want, it'd be either Tiote or Yohan Cabaye. They have one the best central midfield partnerships in the league.
      Spot on mate.

As much as I rate him he is a poor mans Puyol (not that any club could sign him).
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #39: Oct 29, 2011 01:08:00 am
      No Thanks.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Oct 29, 2011 05:50:01 am
      No thanks!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #41: Oct 29, 2011 06:18:00 am
      Sometime I was a bit baffled how their policy do work out? I swear that somewhere I heard that we're investing largely on youth talents and as well as young emerging talents and I'm not going against Kenny but why do we have this kind of policy then we turn our faces to an already peaked defender who is at least 2 years older than Agger? It made us look that we're desperate for a defender.

We got world of talents everywhere;Italy, Germany, South America and even Asia and we got enough money to buy good players 5 years younger than him. Premiership experience is not a strong enough reason for me. If you're looking for than kind of reason, why not Senderos or Shawcross? We should buy players who are worth the money and do have value. I got no issue against the argentine but we got option that's all.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #42: Oct 29, 2011 08:00:41 am
      to be honest i dont see this happening, the story was leaked up in the north east and they quoated a liverpool source (unnamed, suprisingly ) iv no idea but is he up for contract talks soon? could it be from his end?

The lad is a decent player but to be honest not the type we need to sign in my opinion, we do need a new cb going forward i feel, carra will only have limited time left, agger as much as i rate the kid cant keep fit and cant be relied on for more than 20 odd games a season.. Skrtel for me isnt a first choice cb.. coates, hard to judge him yet, has potential in that stoke performance though..

personally id look at the following, Cahill, will be on a free but will have a massive list of clubs after him.., hummells and subotic at dortmund look a top quality pair as well, and if they crash out of the cl in the group stages which could happen then one of those could be tempted away..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #43: Oct 29, 2011 10:34:07 am
      Newcastle have warned Liverpool that skipper Colocconi is not for sale

They're after hoisting the fee, it is dead in the water.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44: Oct 29, 2011 12:40:32 pm
      Nah,not for me. if we were to sign another cb it would make more sense to go for someone like Cahill, Coloccini is average and probably having his best season,but he is not good enough for us, to say he is ahead of Skirtl et al is a pathetic opinion and demeans the players you support, if there does happen to be credence in the rumour then imagine he would be bought as back up ie;(The Greek) for us, and not pay top whack, personaly i think it's bollocks and if anything we should be after a striker such as Shane long.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Oct 29, 2011 12:41:25 pm
      Another Newcastle player? :laugh:

We have Jose Enrique, Andy Carroll and Craig Bellamy who all used to play there!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #46: Oct 29, 2011 12:44:40 pm
      Can't see this happening to be honest.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #47: Oct 29, 2011 01:22:33 pm
      Enough with the Newcastle players.

:Sneaks in and signs up Tiote:

Quick Reply