Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Glen Johnson
      (1.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (5.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (11.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (20%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      (37.8%)
      Other
      (3.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (11.7%)

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 33191 times
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: West Brom 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #506: Oct 29, 2011 09:49:41 pm
      Reading this thread every team we beat must be sh*t, it's a F***ing joke.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #507: Oct 29, 2011 09:51:44 pm

We have played our first choice defence today (for the first time this season), with our MOTM defensive midfielder in front of them. WBA never really had a chance of getting anything out of this game. Kenny's tactics were spot on, and once again he has shown how great manager he is, by admitting his mistake from the last weekend, and starting Carroll today. Overall, a very effective day at the office.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #508: Oct 29, 2011 09:54:45 pm
      I watched this on ESPN and I can'#t believe the recent run of form W.B. have had judging by this performance. Wetre they really that poor, or did we just make them look that poor. Kenny obviously got the tactics right and we got at them from the start. Played very well first half and I personally was dissapointed we never scored a lot more for all the posetion and chances we had. They raised their game a bit in the second half and we dealt with everything quite admirably. Voted for Skrtel MOTM as I thought he was solid and made a number of decisive tackles. What he's paid for I suppose. Just thought he had a good game today. Was glad big andy got his goal, terrific ball from louis who was again exceptional. Great 3 points, could have been a bit of a banana skin but all in all, we won even though it should possibly have been by a much bigger margin. All the lads played well and done what was expected without to much fuss.
      We made them look poor GERNS and some on here think that they were just sh*t , the usual end of the world moaners belittling Kenny"s tactics, F**k them  i say F**k the begrudgers , let them crawl into there holes and i suppose when we lose a game or 2 they"ll be out sniping again.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #509: Oct 29, 2011 09:58:01 pm
      Just one more observation, although I thought Kenny was spot on with the tactics, I thought, as we were so dominant, the subs could have got on a bit earlier today. I don't think they would have changed anything to our disadvantage had they got 20 - 25 mins insted of 10.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #510: Oct 29, 2011 10:01:47 pm
      Lucas was my MOTM ,the midfield was much stronger with him playing , we looked so confident today and although we didn;t hit the target everytime we did create chances that this time last year were non-existent !Carroll did his job well for me too and Enrique again impressed me ,job done lads !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #511: Oct 29, 2011 10:09:32 pm
      Lucas was my MOTM ,the midfield was much stronger with him playing , we looked so confident today and although we didn;t hit the target everytime we did create chances that this time last year were non-existent !Carroll did his job well for me too and Enrique again impressed me ,job done lads !

Yeah, thinking back to early last season, how many times did I hear,
                                " the first meaningfull shot on target by Liverpool in the 60th minute" or similar quotes,

So that's a measure of how far we've come, and that statement now applies to West Brom today, and their would be England manager Woy, says it all really don't it.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #512: Oct 29, 2011 10:34:21 pm
      Excellent win, win completely outplayed them, Kenny's tactics worked perfectly a made them look a worse team than they are.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #513: Oct 29, 2011 10:42:58 pm
      Delighted with another win and just waiting to watch the highlights now as I had to work again.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #514: Oct 29, 2011 11:07:30 pm
      That's the sort of away form we need! and we managed it without our two most influential players! XD.  I didn't see the game but from the commentary I read  it sounds like we had more than enough chances to put the game to bed early on, if we can get this out of the guys against West Brom without Carra or Gerrard then we are definately going in the right direction!

After the away win at Stoke, this has turned out to be quite a prolific week for us so let's keep up the momentum!
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #515: Oct 29, 2011 11:07:55 pm
      1st half totally dominated with 70% of the play
      Was concerned that we wouldnt finish them off but was super happy when Carroll got 2nd
      Lucas bossed the midfield all game and broke many attacks
      Adam had a quiet 1st half and gave the ball up alot , but in the 2nd half played decent and along with Lucas broke up WBA attack
      Suarez was a handful all game and showed his class throughout
      We made WBA look very ordinary without us getting out of 2nd gear

Suarez was my MOTM with Lucas a close 2nd
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #516: Oct 29, 2011 11:29:19 pm
      I think Luis Suarez shouldn't be considered for MoM polls anymore.  :lmao: He's always the best player on the pitch, if i'm honest.

Anyways, we have kept 3 clean sheets in 5 away games but we haven't kept any at home!
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #517: Oct 29, 2011 11:46:37 pm
      Loved it when WOY chucked his coat away and then put it back on when he realised it was too cold for him!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #518: Oct 29, 2011 11:47:19 pm
      Just watched the MOTD highlights so can't comment because I've not seen much of the game. Seemed Andy had a good match, Downing unlucky at the end to hit the post.

What I will say though, was it was great to see Kenny's big grin, and Roy's grumpy face! :D
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #519: Oct 29, 2011 11:48:27 pm
      I also voted for Lucas as my man of the match. Thought his distribution to the wings was brilliant and as ever he broke up the opponents attacks very well.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #520: Oct 29, 2011 11:50:00 pm
      Lucas MOTM for me, thought he was head & shoulders above everyone, especially in the first half. 

PS, if someone could do a video with appropriate comedy music, for Adam's tackling attempts, I'd be grateful.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #521: Oct 29, 2011 11:50:53 pm
      Was Kelly injured today? I much prefer him over Johnson at right back.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #522: Oct 30, 2011 12:02:00 am

Agree about Lucas never put a foot wrong all day ,thought Chuck  played well stuck the pen away after a lot of faafing about.
       The Partnership got a goal for the big man who was getting it tight from everybody, the ref was honking .
      Downing and Henderson still look miles away from getting it together IMO , team done a number on West Brom , and as you can only beat whats in front of you , so its  well done  to Kenny and the boys.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #523: Oct 30, 2011 12:04:26 am
      Loved it when WOY chucked his coat away and then put it back on when he realised it was too cold for him!

I did have a chuckle at that as well.

What an idiot ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #524: Oct 30, 2011 12:07:58 am
      Absolutely delighted with the way we conduct ourselves home and away these days. The desire and endeavor is there in abundance and without that, you never get anywhere. It's no surprise to me that we are seeing Liverpool play with the attitude of Liverpool of old these days. Think back to a year ago and you would be forgiven that you were stuck on a Sunday league pitch with a severe hangover.

Saying that, there's still improvement needed for me on certain aspects of our players and I'd agree with this to an extent:

when faced with a team who played like WBA did tonight we should be slaughtering them mate. Where was Downing for example? He should have been causing all kinds of sh*t for them.

Downing in my opinion should have had a field day out there today. But again, he's gone missing. Henderson came in for some stick earlier in the season when he was giving the ball away all over the show, but one thing I admired about him is that he didn't go missing. Henderson is growing in confidence and after watching his technique and work rate improving with every chance he gets lately, I'm sure he's going to play a big part with us. Downing drifted again today and I sincerely hope he gets more involved because he can cross a ball, shoot and pass the ball when he wants to. When he can't be arsed, he'll just take another touch and then hit it against an opposing player.

All that said though, the difference between us now and us a year ago is frighteningly good. It was displayed yesterday. We all know Hodgsons tactics are negative, one dimensional and boneless. King Kennys are always the same - to go out and be Liverpool.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #525: Oct 30, 2011 12:08:16 am
      My highlight of the match which i'm sure many missed was keeny wearing a "racism lets kick it out badge", you just know that was a deliberate jibe at the FA over the Suarez Evra affair.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #526: Oct 30, 2011 12:08:28 am
      Sat there watching this with a few mates saying this is very one sided. Fook me whenwill we knock in 4 or 5 or 6??

Football is nice on the eye but we need to add goals to our play.

By the way Lucas is top notch
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #527: Oct 30, 2011 12:09:55 am
      My highlight of the match which i'm sure many missed was keeny wearing a "racism lets kick it out badge", you just know that was a deliberate jibe at the FA over the Suarez Evra affair.

Think every manager is wearing them at the moment mate.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #528: Oct 30, 2011 12:23:03 am
      Was Kelly injured today? I much prefer him over Johnson at right back.
      I thought Johnson was decent defensively today, didn't offer too much going forward but only just getting back from injury and personally Id have him as first choice right back due to attacking prowess over Kelly.

Lucas was boss today, but Suarez was again another level above everyone on the pitch and wasn't even in top gear. Still worried we're not banging away all the easy chances we get. (Enrique cutback to Luis comes to mind). Also very happy Carroll got one, thought he had a decent game too, and finally starting to sync up with Luis. Thought Downing was poor again, Bellamy looks much more of a threat down that side, which is a shame due to Stuart's fine start to the season but def been off the pace for the last month in my op.

Overall very happy, clean sheet, completely dominated possession, just need to be burying all the chances we get as we know how cruel football can be at times.

Quick Reply