Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

MP Steve Rotheram tables motion to get Kenny Dalglish knighted

Read 9320 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Re: MP Steve Rotheram tables motion to get Kenny Dalglish knighted
      Reply #23: May 05, 2011 12:16:49 am
      23 signatures

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-11/1733

Angela Eagle from Wallasey hasn't signed it.

Shaun Woodward hasn't signed it but I did have the following reply via email from his secretary.

Shaun Woodward thanks you for your message concerning a knighthood for Kenny Dalglish. As a member of the Shadow Cabinet, due to parliamentary convention  he is not able to sign Early Day Motions. This is because EDMs are parliamentary instruments used by backbench MPs to draw attention to an issue. For this reason he hopes you will understand why he is not able to sigh EDM 1733.

Nonetheless he has asked me to let you know that he will discuss with local MPs how they can take this forward. Other constituents have also contacted him about this and where possible he continues to assist any who come to him with issues that have arisen out of the Hillsborough tragedy.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #24: May 05, 2011 12:55:50 am
      Sir King Kenny seems a bit much doesn't it? I prefer him as our King to everybody's Sir!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #25: May 05, 2011 01:01:59 am
      Should off been done years ago.Cant wait to see it Sir King Kenny.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #26: May 06, 2011 03:45:55 am
      Sir King Kenny seems a bit much doesn't it? I prefer him as our King to everybody's Sir!

Well marrying the Queen would be a bit much, he already has a wife.  ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27: May 06, 2011 08:42:27 am
      30 signatures now.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: May 06, 2011 10:08:53 am

Makes me laugh that only 1 name on that list is Tory. Does every little thing have to politically motivated? Every little bloody thing, even putting a signature on something as deserved as this.

Knobs.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #29: May 07, 2011 08:31:21 am
      Makes me laugh that only 1 name on that list is Tory. Does every little thing have to politically motivated? Every little bloody thing, even putting a signature on something as deserved as this.

Knobs.

It is the great equalizer, no matter which country you visit, there are knobs in politics.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: May 07, 2011 10:58:49 am
      It is the great equalizer, no matter which country you visit, there are knobs in politics.

Tis very true my friend, for some reason they think we should thank them as well.

F**k this, KENNY FOR PRIME MINISTER/PRESIDENT! (delete as appropriate)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #31: May 08, 2011 12:26:21 am
      Remember,the award of Knighthoods,has got f*ck all to do with competence,or compassion,otherwise Bob Paisley,should have definately got one for services to football.Over the last few years,this award has been "cheapened" by political motives,e.g. civil servants,or Olympic one hits.In my mind, Kenny Dalgleish,can stand alone as a man of ultimate integrety and compassion,who along with his wife,have continued to contribute a great deal to our community,as well as the football club.If as usual the Southern biased establishment refuse to recognise,the massive contribution of a legendary Liverpudlian Manager,then that is to their shame,to us he will always be the King.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #32: May 12, 2011 12:07:36 pm
      I emailed my MP and got a letter back this morning saying thank you for drawing the EDM to his attention and he had been delighted to sign. Toby Perkins Chesterfield.
      So to those non scouse reds on here don't think your MP won't back this if you ask.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,116 posts | 3370 
      Reply #33: Nov 03, 2011 10:49:28 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hillsborough files to be released then a day or two after, Kenny finally receiving his knighthood so that c**t Cameron can make out how in touch with the people of Liverpool he is especially when the files show Thatcher's cover up. Would give the Tories their perfect escape of the backlash if instantly afterwards Kenny gets his knighthood.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #34: Nov 04, 2011 11:48:15 am
      Would want to be recognised by the people who award these things.Would he want to be in the same club as Ferguson.Kenny would take a EPL title anyday of the week.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #35: Nov 04, 2011 12:29:06 pm
      He absolutely deserves it, purely from a sporting, community service and having the best smile in the country perspective. My only problem is f***ing filthy Tories using it for their own political upstanding, proper scumbags.

I know it's been well discussed and documented but I've still yet to recieve a proper explanation for why Busby, Charlton and Fergie deserve their knighthoods more than Shanks, Paisley and Kenny? We all know the anti-Liverpool policies of the Thatcher government and the systematic alienation and stripping of industries throughout the 80s and 90s, but doesn't mean wrongs cannot be righted. I don't understand the the continuing Whitehall animosity nowadays.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #36: Nov 04, 2011 02:36:32 pm
      King Kenny sounds better than Sir Kenny Dalglish.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #37: Nov 04, 2011 02:45:19 pm
      What about Sir King Kenny Dalglish  :f_tongueincheek:
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #38: Nov 04, 2011 02:47:25 pm
      What about Sir King Kenny Dalglish  :f_tongueincheek:

Thats it....  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #39: Nov 04, 2011 03:20:29 pm
      This has nothing to do with politics it has all to do with personalities.

If there were any fairness in this world then Shanks and Paisley would have got it.

Don't forget when we first were winning European trophies, they were two legged knock-out games not yer "OK we'll field a weak team" or "we have enough points" in a group stage.
      There was no second chance to fail.

When Blair came in with his "Blair Babes" and being cool with the Gallaghers, it was all vote pulling.  Nothing more nothing less.

Has Whiskey Nose ever had to deal with anything like Hillsborough? No.

Does he tirelessly raise money for charity?  No.

No. He teaches his teams to berate and bully referees. He supports false racist claims from his players.

With ex players he is like a little kid.
      I don't want Gabriel Heinze but you cant have him na na na.
      FFS.

This is a man  knighted?

Do me a favour !

ARISE KING SIR KENNY !
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #40: Nov 05, 2011 03:39:55 am
      Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hillsborough files to be released then a day or two after, Kenny finally receiving his knighthood so that c**t Cameron can make out how in touch with the people of Liverpool he is especially when the files show Thatcher's cover up. Would give the Tories their perfect escape of the backlash if instantly afterwards Kenny gets his knighthood.

Absolutely bob on wonder what the odds are on that
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #41: Nov 05, 2011 06:38:30 am

The fuckers are masters of the art mate, when the sh*t hits the fan they have several distraction methods : embelish an alternative patronising news story, let the other member of the ConDem alliance deal with the crap or simply F**k off abroad and make a pantomime appearance smewhere near Afghanistan. The PA and bullshit department of the government have honed their trade to perfection, perfectly illustrated by the gullible souls who along with the aristocracy put these leeches in power.

Quick Reply