Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Daniel Agger disgust at Liverpool's performance

Read 8046 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Daniel Agger disgust at Liverpool's performance
      Reply #23: Nov 07, 2011 12:47:53 pm
      Completely agree here with Danny.

Read  between the lines and the fact the lad was making 30-40 yard dashes up field with the ball and the frustration can be pin pointed to the static midfield.

Noticed that as well as if telling our midfielders . .  "please have the b***s to run at their defence and stop waltzing around and stop the dallying". Why should the players be angry with themselves after every poor game, they should be ashamed with themselves instead and they owe John Henry and fans an apology. They should be angry with the opponent during a game (not after the game), no matter who we face and maul them. Last Saturday's performance is truly embarassing, we were taught how to attack and take on defenders at Anfield. Replay the game to the same players in midfield and ask them are they proud of their performance? Enough is enough, the same players that have been given the opportunity week in week out to perform have failed miserably, it's about time KD wield the axe and give Bellers, Kuyt, Jay and Maxi a start in the next few games. Otherwise, complacency will set in and the same players as if telling KD, it's ok I perform badly against Norwich and Swansea I'll still get pick for the next game. We really need to try somewhing drastic as after 11 games we have not seen what the midfielders can do except exposing all the flaws and haven't shown the urgency and commitment.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2011 01:09:24 pm by redkop63 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24: Nov 07, 2011 12:52:36 pm
      it's about time KD wield the axe and give Beller, Kuyt, Jay and Maxi a start in the next few games. Otherwise complacency will start creeping into these players as if telling KD, it's ok I perform badly against Norwich and Swansea I'll still get pick.

Agree with this bit.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Nov 07, 2011 01:07:03 pm
      Agger is that lad who knows what to say. Has had a couple of big interviews in the last few windows, like saying how he wanted to stay here no matter who the manager was, speaking out against Roy and now really telling his fellow players to pick the finger out.

You can tell that on the pitch too, that he hates the fannying about some players too, he takes the ball and brings it up the pitch.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #26: Nov 07, 2011 01:13:17 pm
      I  would rather they thrash it out amongst themselves rather than in the press if he has got something to say about a players he should do it in the confines of Melwood.This sort of thing just makes us look like we are a dis-organised rabble rather than a team. Whilst not disagreeing with the content I am sure Kenny will not be too happy he has gone public.
      It may be an old fashioned viewpoint but if he has a problem it should be the Manager he talks to and not the press.Now everyone will be thinking who was it that wasn't upset by the result or performance.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #27: Nov 07, 2011 01:15:37 pm
      If I'm KD, since our midfielders does not know how to do a proper job after so many games, I would put Agger in midfield and make him the captain until Stevie is back  and start shouting orders from there and bring the ball into the box where our midfielders have failed miserably. I began to like Agger more and more. Can't blame him for blasting away as the midfield has allowed Swansea to strolled past us at ease leaving Agger and team having to work overtime.
      pugs86
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 07, 2011 01:18:34 pm
      As Henry Ford said, "don't find problems; find solutions"
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #29: Nov 07, 2011 01:25:20 pm
      Love this bloke
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #30: Nov 07, 2011 04:42:35 pm
      As Henry Ford said, "don't find problems; find solutions"

Ironic since you've been slagging Kenny and saying he shouldn't of come back.

Hypocrisy, have you heard of it?

Let's face it, Danny had the bollocks to say how he saw it under Project F***ing Owl and he was spot on then as well!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31: Nov 07, 2011 05:24:25 pm
      Love that all the people questioning the negativity on here don't seem to be questioning Dagger's attitude. Absolutely spot on and glad he said it, some points in the match you could see him waving his arms furiously at not getting the ball when in the most space, always thought he's our best defender just gutted he's had such injury problems. Here's to a long spell in the first team and hats off for coming out and saying what most of us our thinking. Personally think the comments were directed towards Downing/Adam but that's pure guess work of course.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #32: Nov 07, 2011 05:28:36 pm
      Got to love this lad. He's speaking from his heart. His sincerety showed when he said that. We are infact Liverpool Football Club and nothing else. Got to give Danny a f**king round of applause because he said what he saw. If you read between the lines, you could sense the love this lad have for this club.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Nov 07, 2011 05:36:05 pm
      He is Liverpool through and through. He knows what it means to pull on that shirt and play for the greatest club in the world.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Nov 07, 2011 05:49:37 pm
      Remember when he was hinting Woy was forcing him out of the club because he was a ball-playing defender? He came out with this gem:

'He'll have to drag me out of the club.'

I love Danny.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #35: Nov 07, 2011 05:55:03 pm
      This kind of attitude that makes a Liverpool player a Liverpool Legend.
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #36: Nov 07, 2011 06:04:31 pm
      This kind of attitude that makes a Liverpool player a Liverpool Legend.
      Top quote, wish a few more had this kind of ballsy attitude at our club.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37: Nov 07, 2011 06:31:56 pm
      With these statements he has asserted himself on the pitch as leader, I think that is what we have been missing when Jamie and Stevie are not in the line-up. You have to have someone on the pitch willing to be the vocal leader and rip some arse when it is needed.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #38: Nov 07, 2011 06:44:44 pm
      Interesting that Kenny has today come out and praised Agger.

"Daniel's a fantastic player but it wasn't just down to Daniel that we've had two clean sheets," said Dalglish.

"He's a fantastic player and he's probably as good as anyone else in his position in the Barclays Premier League.

"He's comfortable in possession and he's a very good defender as well.

"He's a top defender, a top player. He played left-back for us at Stoke as well and did very well.

"It's great to have him back and I hope his fitness remains as it is for a long time."

Suggests to me that he doesn't have a problem with his comments.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Nov 07, 2011 06:45:50 pm
      Interesting that Kenny has today come out and praised Agger.

Suggests to me that he doesn't have a problem with his comments.

I think Kenny see's alot of Alan Hansen in Agger, I know I do. :D
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #40: Nov 07, 2011 06:51:13 pm
      Our best player Saturday and totally agree with him.

Not only a great player but great mentality too.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Nov 07, 2011 07:38:00 pm
      D'Agger is spot on, give the fella the armband so he can dictate to those in front of him, there was'nt one performance on Saturday you could say was worthy of wearing Liverpool red IMO, it was like going back in time to Hodgsons day, we were sitting to deep inviting swans onto us, and when we did have the ball they were swarming all over us, the gap between midfield and attack was immense so between them Adam, Hendo and Lucas failed to make up ground or run into space and back up Suarez and Carroll, where is a Aquilani when you need him ? Gerrard of course would have been perfect but he is injured,

it's times like these you have to question why players that we clearly need are farmed out on loan, Henderson has simply not been good enough, Adam is not consistent enough and Downing so far has been disappointing and nowhere near what the lad is capable of,

I think changes should be made now because the aforementioned have had long enough, i would bring in Bellamy for Downing on the left, put Spearing in for Hendo, i would promote GJ on the right and bring back Kelly as RB,

the balance of the side would be the same and possibly better, we need to bridge the gap between midfield and attack, bringing in Spearing could provide that link and also give us some muscle in the last third to not only support the front two but to help break up play when we lose the ball, he is young and hungry and could be the perfect box to box player, to me we are weak down the right so it makes sense to have GJ operate in there for his experience and to give another dimension to our play,

i think he can become a decent winger with the ability to tackle, he can cross a ball and he can shoot,so why not use him in that position?,
                                             Reina
                                 Skrtle             Agger
                 Kelly                                             Enrique
                                           Lucas

Johnson            Spearing             Bellamy

Suarez        Carroll

Bench; Doni, Carra, Downing, Hendo, Maxi, Kuyt, Adam

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2011 07:44:55 pm
      Thanks Danny

Great to see a player putting there hands up, the incredible thing here is he was 1 of about 3 players who done well Saturday!!

Hope the fook his team mates take it on the chin and respond. However one concerning qoute

I think everyone was angry and disappointed, some more than others, but that is the way it is.’
      ..Some more then others? Id love to know who the others are
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2011 07:49:10 pm
      ..Some more then others? Id love to know who the others are

Without mentioning names

Downing :o
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44: Nov 07, 2011 07:50:58 pm
      Without mentioning names

Downing :o

Is that the word on the street?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #45: Nov 07, 2011 07:54:10 pm
      Is that the word on the street?

Just my guess, I maybe wrong and shouldnt post such things buy hey ho.

Quick Reply