Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 26th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Concerts

Read 196234 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,342 posts | 4963 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #1127: May 23, 2024 10:39:05 am
      Springsteen in Sunderland last night. Absolutely phenomenal. Probably my favourite gig of his I've seen live. The weather was absolutely atrocious - it literally did not stop pissing down all day. There was a delay to the start of the gig due to concert goers struggling to make it in due to the weather. You could feel the mood was damp but the atmosphere turned on a sixpence the moment he and the E Street Band stepped out on stage. Fittingly he opened with Waiting on a Sunny Day (first time he's performed that song in a good few years).

Included an amazing version of Racing in the Street. And two Springsteen favourites, The River and Hungry Heart were performed - I was thrilled as somehow those tunes had dodged me in the previous shows I'd been to.

The Rising as ever was sublime.

One of the most joy giving, heartfelt and wholesome experiences I've ever had. Forgot about the rain and everything else in life for 3 perfect hours.

Sounds like another great night.

My missus will be jealous as they didn't play The River in Belfast.

Delays in Crime Park as well apparently and I wonder could it also be that many who don't follow Bruce closely didn't realise there was no support?

Belfast was different as it was open air playing fields and not a stadium so easier to get into by the looks of it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,106 posts | 2129 
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #1128: May 23, 2024 10:46:16 am
      Sounds like another great night.

My missus will be jealous as they didn't play The River in Belfast.

Delays in Crime Park as well apparently and I wonder could it also be that many who don't follow Bruce closely didn't realise there was no support?

Belfast was different as it was open air playing fields and not a stadium so easier to get into by the looks of it.

Yeah that's a good shout - I was at Murrayfield last year and met a couple pre gig who thought he was coming on at 8pm rather than 7. They thought we were very keen to get in as early as possible! First time I ever saw him at Hampden I received a text message on the day from the ticketmaster specifying that there'd be no support act and he'd take the stage around 7.
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2024 11:09:38 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply