Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 309343 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #2461: Dec 16, 2019 10:09:28 pm
      Brilliant series, was shown on BBC2 a while ago, but was shortened due to stuff they can't show in this country. Watched the whole thing on a streaming site, superb programme.

the older I get and the more I learn the more I mourn for young working class men who's lives are seen as expendable by Politicians.
      The complete and utter waste of young men in Vietnam was a national disgrace. it was 15 hour series on Netflix worth watching.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2462: Dec 17, 2019 02:11:18 pm
      the older I get and the more I learn the more I mourn for young working class men who's lives are seen as expendable by Politicians.
      The complete and utter waste of young men in Vietnam was a national disgrace. it was 15 hour series on Netflix worth watching.

Yeah seen it all last year, as I said brilliant documentary.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2463: Dec 17, 2019 06:34:38 pm
      Guilt on the BBC iPlayer is superb. Only 4 episodes but great acting all round.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2464: Dec 17, 2019 11:00:04 pm
      Since it's 30 years since the first episode of The Simpsons (let's forget that for 20 years of those 30 it has been sh*t...nonetheless for the first 10 years it was the greatest tv show ever made!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRsOBFhNjVM
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2465: Dec 25, 2019 06:51:59 am
      Anybody watched The Witcher on Netflix? Have played the game (still not finished) so will give it a watch eventually.

Also watching Line of Duty on Netflix, currently on Series 3. Absolutely brilliant!!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2466: Dec 25, 2019 06:53:38 am
      Since it's 30 years since the first episode of The Simpsons (let's forget that for 20 years of those 30 it has been sh*t...nonetheless for the first 10 years it was the greatest tv show ever made!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRsOBFhNjVM

Haha love the Simpsons. Every character has such depth even those you rarely see.

Haven’t watched it in a long time now, but I remember having the game ‘The Simpsons, Hit and Run’ on the GameCube growing up. What a game!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2467: Jan 04, 2020 04:11:13 pm
      Anybody watched The Witcher on Netflix? Have played the game (still not finished) so will give it a watch eventually.

Also watching Line of Duty on Netflix, currently on Series 3. Absolutely brilliant!!

The Witcher is highly enjoyable a much better watch than I expected. Henry Cavill is excellent easily his best role to date. I haven't read the books or played the games but from what I've read fans of both seem to be very pleased with the show.

Line of Duty is top notch. Ted Hastings is one of the best tv characters ever.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2468: Jan 05, 2020 09:38:11 am
      The Witcher is highly enjoyable a much better watch than I expected. Henry Cavill is excellent easily his best role to date. I haven't read the books or played the games but from what I've read fans of both seem to be very pleased with the show.

Line of Duty is top notch. Ted Hastings is one of the best tv characters ever.

Just started to watch the Witcher, all seems a bit complicated with different story lines going on but hopefully as it goes on all becomes clearer.
      And yeah Cavill is good.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2469: Jan 25, 2020 02:10:52 pm
      Solid first episode of Picard, quickly setting the scene for the series.

Early days yet, but good stuff so far.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2470: Jan 25, 2020 02:18:11 pm
      Just started to watch the Witcher, all seems a bit complicated with different story lines going on but hopefully as it goes on all becomes clearer.
      And yeah Cavill is good.

Once you finish it you will realize seeing certain characters is an indicator of what timeline is being shown.

Thoroughly enjoyed it myself and considering there are talks of it going on for 6 seasons, this could be the show that fills the void Game of Thrones left behind.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2471: Jan 25, 2020 02:43:07 pm
      Solid first episode of Picard, quickly setting the scene for the series.

Early days yet, but good stuff so far.

Watched that the other night, never been the biggest Star Trek fan, seen bits and remember Nemesis, but it does look interesting.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2472: Jan 28, 2020 01:54:07 pm
      Watched that the other night, never been the biggest Star Trek fan, seen bits and remember Nemesis, but it does look interesting.

I'm a big fan going back to the original series.
      The only one I couldn't really get into was DS9, although I still watched it  :laugh:

Picard is, for me, the best of the Star Trek captains.

Looking forwards to the rest of the series so much, that for a nchange I'm not going to wait and then binge watch them.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2473: Jan 28, 2020 11:02:44 pm
      I'm a big fan going back to the original series.
      The only one I couldn't really get into was DS9, although I still watched it  :laugh:

Picard is, for me, the best of the Star Trek captains.

Looking forwards to the rest of the series so much, that for a nchange I'm not going to wait and then binge watch them.

I'm a Trekker as well, wonder if my user name gives it away?

Started on TOS, repeats though, and worked my way through, though I must say DS9 is my favourite.

Really enjoyed Discovery, enjoyed the opening episode of Picard, it really wet my whistle for more after, honestly, being a little apprehensive.

I'm of an opinion that even bad Trek is better than 90% of TV though
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2474: Jan 29, 2020 11:46:24 am
      I'm a Trekker as well, wonder if my user name gives it away?

Started on TOS, repeats though, and worked my way through, though I must say DS9 is my favourite.

Really enjoyed Discovery, enjoyed the opening episode of Picard, it really wet my whistle for more after, honestly, being a little apprehensive.

I'm of an opinion that even bad Trek is better than 90% of TV though

I don't know what it is about DS9.
      It has everything about Star Trek I enjoy, but it just doesn't grab me in the same way the rest does.
      I still watched it all, but I haven't watched it again, as I have with the other series.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2475: Jan 29, 2020 12:48:59 pm
      I don't know what it is about DS9.
      It has everything about Star Trek I enjoy, but it just doesn't grab me in the same way the rest does.
      I still watched it all, but I haven't watched it again, as I have with the other series.

DS9 has some of the real highlights of Trek, Duet, In The Pale Moonlight and Far Beyond The Stars aren't just some of the best of Trek, but the best of TV.

Now Voyager is the series I have most issues with, largely for throwing away what it could have been and turning into a TOS clone and yet it does have my favourite episode of Trek, Distant Origins, a story that maybe a few people should do a deep dive on now. Beautifully crafted story with a real message, even if it pushes my sense of disbelief further than it should, even for sci-fi.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2020 01:41:50 pm by Roddenberry »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2476: Jan 29, 2020 01:24:12 pm
      DS9 has some of the real highlights of Trek, Duet, In The Pale Moonlight and Far Being The Stars aren't just some of the best of Trek, but the best of TV.

Now Voyager is the series I have most issues with, largely for throwing away what it could have been and turning into a TOS clone and yet it does have my favourite episode of Trek, Distant Origins, a story that maybe a few people should do a deep dive on now. Beautifully crafted story with a real message, even if it pushes my sense of disbelief further than it should, even for sci-fi.

:laugh: there you go, I love Voyager, and have watched it all maybe half a dozen times, with Year of Hell probably being my favourite.

If I have a criticism, it's the way it ended; it struck me as a bit of a cop out.

Funny how different parts of a "franchise" (hate that word, but it fits) can be viewed so differently.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2477: Feb 23, 2020 10:28:16 pm
      Just finished watching 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime [get it free through something else].
      Really liked it :)
      About a bunch of fu**ed up/corrupt super heroes being pursued, to be exposed, by an almost as fu**ed up motely crew of mainly bereaved loved ones.
      Not for everyone, capes, blood and gore, but a diamond in the rough imho.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2478: Feb 25, 2020 02:41:28 pm
      Just finished watching 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime [get it free through something else].
      Really liked it :)
      About a bunch of fu**ed up/corrupt super heroes being pursued, to be exposed, by an almost as fu**ed up motely crew of mainly bereaved loved ones.
      Not for everyone, capes, blood and gore, but a diamond in the rough imho.

Absolutely boss and Urban uttering "c**t" every now and then made me laugh. Didn't realise until last couple of episodes Antony Starr of Banshee fame was the fu**ed up superman character.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2479: Feb 26, 2020 10:17:45 am
      Absolutely boss and Urban uttering "c**t" every now and then made me laugh. Didn't realise until last couple of episodes Antony Starr of Banshee fame was the fu**ed up superman character.

Yea, them two characters were great, Butcha bringing c**t mainstream and Homelander lasering guys into bloody pieces :)
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2480: Mar 29, 2020 12:35:21 pm
      Any fans of Westworld in here? The first series was one of the best things I've seen in a few years, the 2nd series was hit and miss. 3rd series has just kicked off with one excellent episode and then not so good for episode 2.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2481: Mar 29, 2020 12:45:51 pm
      Any fans of Westworld in here? The first series was one of the best things I've seen in a few years, the 2nd series was hit and miss. 3rd series has just kicked off with one excellent episode and then not so good for episode 2.

The wife's tryong to get me into it.

Currently on episode 4 and it did take me an episode or two to get it into it but really enjoying it thus far.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2482: Mar 30, 2020 06:33:08 pm
      Tiger King.

These are some seriously fu**ed up people.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2483: Mar 30, 2020 09:08:42 pm
      Tiger King.

These are some seriously fu**ed up people.

Indeed. Just finished it tonight.

Mad.

Quick Reply