Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)

Read 124817 times
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Re: FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)
      Reply #1495: Dec 28, 2011 08:18:57 pm
      You are right, bigears. It was the Chelsea case where the FA reported Mr Evra as being unreliable!
      iiBonKeRsS
      • Banned

• 162 posts |
      • Reppin' Liverpool FC Since 1892.
      Reply #1496: Dec 28, 2011 08:20:36 pm
      Suarez & Liverpool FC both been charged £20,000 each for improper conduct at Fulham :/

Take my word! When Suarez comes back after his 8 Match Ban he'll be better than ever!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1497: Dec 28, 2011 08:25:07 pm
      Suarez & Liverpool FC both been charged £20,000 each for improper conduct at Fulham :/

Take my word! When Suarez comes back after his 8 Match Ban he'll be better than ever!

Topic about Suarez being charged for his gesture to Fulham fans here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,41771.0.html
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1498: Dec 28, 2011 09:16:43 pm
      The only empathy I feel for Evra is it must be so hard being in a privelleged position to get paid thousands up on thousands of pounds per week whilst being employed in a job that you love.

My hearts pumping piss for the little b***ard it is.

Seriously If I was getting £2k a week, you could call me what ever you want and I would not care two fucks, never mind the wages that sh*t house is on.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1499: Dec 28, 2011 09:22:47 pm

You could be right bonkers ,if his 8 match ban goes ahead when he does come back he"ll be like a c**t with teeth , he"ll eat any pr**k that gets in his way.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1500: Dec 28, 2011 09:24:16 pm
      Suarez was just declaring the obvious , he is small and black and a man.

Suarez got two out of the three right, not so sure about the last one ...... or is that sexist?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1501: Dec 29, 2011 12:07:38 am
      Holy F**k just seen this on Rawk and couldn't stop laughing.

LFCexiled
      Reply #1502: Dec 29, 2011 12:16:17 am
      Holy F**k just seen this on Rawk and couldn't stop laughing.

Neutrino?

:P ;D
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1503: Dec 29, 2011 12:46:28 am
      Holy f**k just seen this on Rawk and couldn't stop laughing.

Grouting :)damn i used g twice, give us a hint :f_doh:
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #1504: Dec 29, 2011 01:23:37 am
      UN N**RITO? ;D!
      No offence though...but maybe i'm wrong.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1505: Dec 29, 2011 02:20:13 am
      Disgraceful by the FA, Evra and all the media gobshites.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #1506: Dec 29, 2011 02:49:54 am
      Here's the jist of the row:

Suarez has admitted calling Evra a Negro/Negrito and that ISN'T deemed offensive in Latin America.

Evra has admitted calling Suarez a Sudaca, a term that's offensive in Latin America.

So anyone with half a brain can see why Liverpool have got the "hump"

If for example, both players were given equal punishment we wouldn't be having this on-going row

I can understand Liverpool, Dalglish and Suarez's frustration.

To Suarez, he feels he as been abused and Evra has walked away scot free when in Suarez's eyes he (Evra) is the guilty party.

How anyone claiming to support Liverpool Football Club can't follow this logic is baffling.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1507: Dec 29, 2011 06:48:57 am
      Suarez has admitted calling Evra a Negro/Negrito and that ISN'T deemed offensive in Latin America.

Evra has admitted calling Suarez a Sudaca, a term that's offensive in Latin America.

This is the heart of the problem.

They have charged Suarez because, to an English speaker, what he said "sounds" racist.

With the influx of foreign players in the league, an incident like this was bound to happen. The only way around it would be to ban all non-English communication on the field, but that's hardly reasonable.

But why the F**k nobody in the media is talking about Evra walking away from this with no charge after admitting insulting Suarez is beyond me. Except that they're all a bunch of Manc-loving shithouses!

I hope we will soon have an update on how Suarez and the club are organising their appeal, but then, it will probably be done quietly. And still no news about when the details of the case will be released?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1508: Dec 29, 2011 10:02:59 am
      This is the heart of the problem.

I find it down right bloody offensive for you to be on an LFC site with an avatar of evra, Disgusting!

Petition anyone?

;D
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #1509: Dec 29, 2011 10:38:39 am
      Suarez judgement to be most detailed in the FA's history
      The judgement on Liverpool's Luis Suarez's eight-match ban for racially abusing the Manchester United defender Patrice Evra promises to be the biggest and most comprehensive in the Football Association's history as the independent commission that came to the decision prepares to release its "written reasons" this week.

The document, which is being put together by the commission chairman, Paul Goulding QC, is thought to run to more pages than the 28-page commission report into the "Battle of Stamford Bridge" involving Manchester United players and Chelsea groundstaff that was released three years ago – and eight months after the original incident.

The commission is hopeful that the Suarez document, which could run to more than 50 pages, will be released by the end of the week to Liverpool and Manchester United, and made public on the FA's website. Only then will the 14 days in which Liverpool have to make a decision whether or not to appeal begin. Given their response thus far, it seems inevitable that they will do so.

The high level of scrutiny on the decision made by Goulding, former manager Dennis Smith and FA councillor Brian Jones, means that the commission – and the FA – cannot afford for there to be any flaws or loopholes in their reasoning. The governing body is well aware that every word will be pored over. Some FA officials have already been the subject of threats on social media.

Liverpool would not comment yesterday on the decision by Suarez to accept a charge of improper conduct for giving Fulham fans the finger after Liverpool's game at Craven Cottage this month. It means he will be suspended for one game, ruling him out of the Newcastle match tomorrow – he was also given a £20,000 fine.

The FA was surprised Liverpool appealed over the size of a £20,000 fine for failing to ensure the conduct of their players in the same game. The club had accepted the charge but disputed the fine. An independent commission rejected the appeal.

Suarez's one-match ban was identical to that given to Birmingham's Stephen Carr for a "w**ker" gesture made to Aston Villa fans last year.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/suarez-judgement-to-be-most-detailed-in-the-fas-history-6282427.html
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1510: Dec 29, 2011 10:45:14 am
      That is what pisses me off.

FA's got an agenda against us.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1511: Dec 29, 2011 10:56:38 am
      Sorry lads, iv been engrossed in a college thesis for the last month and have not had the chance to read up properly on this. Can someone tell me whats happening to Terry? He blatantly called anton a racist word and from what I hear on the radio if he is found guilty he can only get a maximum fine of £4k? WTF? Is the difference because suarez admitted to it and Terry hasn't?

Such a frustrating decision.......

Cheers Lads
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1512: Dec 29, 2011 11:00:09 am
      I'm guessing the FA just wants to protect their captain.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #1513: Dec 29, 2011 11:10:13 am
      Terry's case went to the CPS because someone made a complaint to them. This took the matter out of the FA's hands. Suarez's case was not referred to the CPS so the FA investigated. As with the FA Respect campaign and the harsh dealing with Masch at Old Trafford, the FA seem determined to show FIFA how harshly they deal with racism and don't seem to be letting facts/innocence? get in the way of their determination to so. Yet again it's one of our players that will be used to make the FA's point.

What Suarez has admitted to is not clear at all despite newspaper reports to contrary. The LFC statement suggest they have taken the word of a previously unreliable (FA's words not mine) source/Evra over Suarez.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,294 posts | 4941 
      Reply #1514: Dec 29, 2011 11:18:40 am
      Terry's case went to the CPS because someone made a complaint to them. This took the matter out of the FA's hands. Suarez's case was not referred to the CPS so the FA investigated.

That does make sense mate but does anyone know why the FA can't do their own investigation on the Terry incident and give him a football realted punishment?

It happened on the pitch where the FA are the governing body and I have no idea why the can't ban him if found guilty. Makes no sense at all to me and seems they are passing the buck a little just because the CPS now are investigating.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1515: Dec 29, 2011 11:22:02 am
      Will the FA charge Arsenal and Wolves with not controlling there players and fine them? Id bet no
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1516: Dec 29, 2011 11:23:58 am
      That does make sense mate but does anyone know why the FA can't do their own investigation on the Terry incident and give him a football realted punishment?

I'd imagine they will once the criminal investigation is over mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1517: Dec 29, 2011 11:35:21 am
      Suarez judgement to be most detailed in the FA's history
      The judgement on Liverpool's Luis Suarez's eight-match ban for racially abusing the Manchester United defender Patrice Evra promises to be the biggest and most comprehensive in the Football Association's history as the independent commission that came to the decision prepares to release its "written reasons" this week.

The document, which is being put together by the commission chairman, Paul Goulding QC, is thought to run to more pages than the 28-page commission report into the "Battle of Stamford Bridge" involving Manchester United players and Chelsea groundstaff that was released three years ago...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/suarez-judgement-to-be-most-detailed-in-the-fas-history-6282427.html

Weird that it'll be a more detailed report than that which included (one would assume) the evidence of many witnesses.

Surely, in a case in which such a heavy penalty was handed down, we should expect the findings to be more cut 'n' dried and succinct.

To warrant such a punishment it should only be a matter of the F.A. writing: "Luis Suarez insulted Patrice Evra with a blatant racist remark, namely ******, we've found him guilty of that based on substantiated evidence and his punishment is deemed appropriate". In short: there should have been no doubt that he was guilty before handing out a punishment and any report should reflect that.

In producing such a large document: It seems to me that the F.A. have looked at this case with little or no real objectivity simply because they want to be seen as more anti-racist than 'the rest'. As such they now find themselves having to justify their 'reasonings' rather than merely report the facts.

In my opinion a case like this should be down to facts, with no room for doubt; not the subjective reasoning of three, white Englishmen, working to an agenda which has, at it's very core, the need to: "Show them that we're more anti-racist than Sepp"

Quick Reply