Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)

Read 124832 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Re: FA charge Luis Suarez over Evra (Update: 8 game ban)
      Reply #1541: Dec 30, 2011 05:11:12 pm
                 ^                               ^
      A consistent liar and hypocrite.
      Jevon_YNWA
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #1542: Dec 30, 2011 05:14:32 pm
      hahahaha omg what a conniving b***ard Slurgusson is!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1543: Dec 30, 2011 06:59:48 pm
      He wants to damage the reputation of this club before he retires.
      Saddo.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1544: Dec 30, 2011 07:36:35 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1545: Dec 31, 2011 03:21:37 pm
      He wants to damage the reputation of this club before he retires.
      Saddo.
      Ferguson has said he want to be around for three years.
      Great . More disappointment coming his way.

Birthday boy got a great present    2 -  3 at home to Blackburn.
      Its been a good year for the scum.

The Barca turnover   The Man City Murder and  Basement Blackburn today.

If he thinks that hanging around for three more years is going to be beneficial to him and the club just wait until his posse of players surround the referee.   Reputation? Legacy?     He has laid the marker over Suarez.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1546: Dec 31, 2011 03:28:24 pm
      Fergie & maggie gonna have a tough 2012 i hope.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #1547: Dec 31, 2011 09:14:35 pm
      Here is the video footage and both parties said happenend courtesy of the released documents (paragraph 87 -97) .

Is anyone good at lip reading?

Sky News Report on Liverpool's Luis Suarez 8 Match Ban and £40,000 Fine 20.12.11

Between 1.18 and 1.39  is the video footage

Here is the FA evidence

87. Mr Evra and Mr Suarez are agreed that they spoke to each other in Spanish in the
      goalmouth. Mr Evra said that he is not exactly fluent in Spanish but that he can easily
      converse in Spanish. For Mr Suarez, Spanish is his native language as a Uruguayan. Mr
      Evra told us that he began the conversation by saying "Concha de tu hermana". Mr Evra's
      evidence was that this is a phrase used in Spanish like when you say "f**king hell" in
      English, but the literal translation is "your sister's pussy". Mr Suarez did not hear Mr Evra
      say this. One of the video clips that we have seen, taken from a close up angle behind the
      goal, does appear to support Mr Evra's evidence that he started the conversation with this
      comment.

88. Mr Suarez said that he did not hear this first comment from Mr Evra but that he heard him
      whispering something. Mr Suarez told us that he then said "What did you say?" It does
      seem from the video footage that Mr Suarez does say something at this point in response
      to Mr Evra's opening comment.

89. Mr Evra told us that he then said to Mr Suarez "Porque me diste un golpe", meaning "Why
      did you kick me?". The video footage shows that Mr Evra looked down at his knee then at
      Mr Suarez's face as he asked this question, which does support his evidence that he asked
      a question about being kicked in the knee. Mr Evra said that, when he asked that question,
      he was in shock and upset at having been kicked in the knee by Mr Suarez. Mr Suarez
      agrees that, at this point, Mr Evra asked him why he had kicked him, referring to the
      earlier foul. That is largely the end of the agreement between them as to what was said in
      the goalmouth.

90. Mr Evra's evidence was that, in response to his question "Why did you kick me?", Mr
      Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro". Mr Evra said that at the time Mr Suarez made that
      comment, he (Mr Evra) understood it to mean "Because you are a nigger". He now says
      that he believes the words used by Mr Suarez mean "Because you are black". We shall
      consider further below Mr Evra's understanding of the Spanish word "negro".

91. Mr Suarez said that he replied to Mr Evra's question "Why did you kick me?" by saying
      "que habia sido una falta normal", meaning "it was just a normal foul". He said he
      shrugged his shoulders and put his arms out in a gesture to say that there was nothing
      serious about it. At this point on the video footage, Mr Suarez's face is obscured, but he
      does appear to shrug his shoulders.

92. Mr Evra said that he followed up Mr Suarez's reply "Because you are black" by saying
      "Habla otra vez asi, te voy a dar una porrada", which means "Say it to me again, I'm going
      to punch you". Mr Suarez replied by saying "No hablo con los negros". Mr Evra said that,
      at the time, he understood this to mean "I don't speak to niggers", although he now says it
      means "I don't speak to blacks".

93. Mr Suarez's evidence was that Mr Evra replied to the comment "it was just a normal foul"
      by saying "Ok, you kicked me, I'm going to kick you". Mr Suarez said in his witness
      statement that his response was "Le dije que se callara e hice un gesto breve con mi mano
      izquierda parecido a la mocion de un "pato cuando hace cuac" para indicarle que hablaba
      mucho y deberia callarse", which was translated as "I told him to shut up and made a brief
      gesture with my left hand like a "quacking" motion as if to say he was talking too much
      and should be quiet".

94. Mr Evra said that after Mr Suarez said "I don't speak to blacks", he (Mr Evra) said "Ahora
      te voy a dar realmente una porrada", which means "Okay, now I think I'm going to punch
      you". To this he says that Mr Suarez replied "Dale, negro...negro...negro". At the time, Mr
      Evra understood this to mean "Okay, nigger, nigger, nigger". He now says it means "Okay,
      blackie, blackie, blackie". The expert witnesses stated that the phrase "Dale, negro" can be
      understood as "Bring it on, blackie" or "do it, blackie" or "go ahead, blackie" (see paragraph
      184 below).

95. Mr Evra said that as Mr Suarez was speaking he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm,
      gesturing at his skin. Mr Evra said that Mr Suarez was drawing attention to the colour of
      Mr Evra's skin. This gesture is clearly shown on the video footage, just as Mr Kuyt comes
      between them. It seemed to us that Mr Suarez reached out and pinched Mr Evra's left
      forearm. In cross-examination, Mr Evra said that at the time he did not realise that Mr
      Suarez had pinched his arm. He was more focussed on his lips and what he was saying.
      Mr Evra only realised that Mr Suarez had touched his arm in this way when he saw the
      video footage later.

96. As to the pinching of Mr Evra's arm, Mr Suarez said this in paragraph 27 of his witness
      statement:
      "Evra did not back off and Dirk Kuyt was approaching us to stand between us. At
      this point I touched PE's left arm in a pinching type movement. This all happened
      very quickly. I was trying to defuse the situation and was trying to intimate to Evra
      that he was not untouchable by reference to his question about the foul. Under no
      circumstances was this action intended to be offensive and most certainly not
      racially offensive. It was not in any way a reference to the colour of PE's skin.”

97. Mr Suarez said that at no point did he use the word "negro" during the exchange with Mr
      Evra in the goalmouth
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1548: Dec 31, 2011 10:08:45 pm
      F**k me, this sounds like Kindergarden stuff.

He said this, No he said this......
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #1549: Jan 01, 2012 01:40:41 pm
      The sooner we announce that we are going to appeal the better but my concern is who are we appealing to and what level of evidence is to be used. If Luis is confident I would like to see him sue the FA for damaging his reputation and future career by labelling him a racist. I also think the PFA need to look at how they left him to the mercy of the FA and the Press to do what they wished. Surely the FA thought through what it would mean to call someone a racist based only on the testimony of one person.

Quick Reply