Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (15.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      (3.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Charlie Adam
      (30.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.3%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (4.1%)

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment

Read 48421 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Enjoyment
      Reply #667: Nov 20, 2011 08:22:49 pm
      I don't think Johnson could be blamed for their goal. I think there was a player (Cole?) making a run behind him so he withdrew from the centre and Adam was the player closest to Malouda.

I thin it was Terry actually who made the run, Adam got accross but not with enough urgency.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #668: Nov 20, 2011 08:22:54 pm
      Wasn't very confident going into this game for some reason but fair play to Kenny and the lads because it was an excellent performance. We looked like the home team during the 1st half and despite riding our luck in the 2nd I thought the lads got what they deserved in the end. Kudos to Kenny as well. He gave Maxi a start and was repaid by a goal and Bellers also got the start he deserved + he got his subs spot on today I thought with young Henerson making an impact of the bench.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #669: Nov 20, 2011 08:23:44 pm
      Brilliant win,makes up a bit for our home form, looking forward to the Citeh game, even more now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #670: Nov 20, 2011 08:24:28 pm
      See that makes sense ad. Adam didn't track malouda both agger and Enrique were ball watching but F**k it lets blame Johnson.
      fai
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #671: Nov 20, 2011 08:33:11 pm
      What you gonna do chelsea   ;D ;D ?  Wanna buy Maxi, Johnson, and Adam ???   :laugh: :laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #672: Nov 20, 2011 08:35:11 pm
      Crouchy, Corbally settle down lads and rejoice in a very good 3 points together, save the arguing and sh*te for when we've lost. ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #673: Nov 20, 2011 08:37:15 pm
      I could only listen on 5 live. Sounded like we were by far the better side in the first half, lost it a bit in the second, came good in the last 15 to 20. Every one in a red shirt was solid and resilient, good to see Bellamy get a start and cause them problems. Have to hold my hand up and say, even though I don't rate him, Adam had a good game today, and until we tired a bit, him and Lucas were great.  I suppose a top side at home is always going to get at you at some stage, just can't get my head around how we drop off in the second half, 46 to 65 mins, and then get on top again. Well deserved win by all accounts, tactics right again and when Henderson came on I thought , Oh no, but he did well chasing back and covering which isn't normally a strong part of his game. Kenny obviously sent him out to do a job and he done it, Good lad.  Isn't there a big lump of granite somewhere out at sea called 'SKAGGER ROCK' named after Skrtle  and Agger. Bit pissed off with the score as I predicted 3 - 0 to the reds, never mind, that will have to do for next week end now.  I'm made up, absolutely made up.  Can't wait for MOTD now..................... ........ Thinks ? I also feel a bit cheated, why can't we do this against the sh*te teams as well ?  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #674: Nov 20, 2011 08:52:03 pm
      De F***ing lighted over todays result! Brightened up a horrible wet day where I'm living! Had to give my MOTM award to Charlie Adam. Was a toss up between him and Martin Skrtel but Adam wins out in the end. He played stunningly well in the first half particularly.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #675: Nov 20, 2011 08:55:07 pm
      Over the moon!

We beat them without our best player too :)

Can't wait for next week!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,618 posts | 1111 
      Reply #676: Nov 20, 2011 09:09:58 pm
      I voted for Lucas for MOTM, thought he was immense today but Adam, Skrtel etc were not far behind. Pepe's save at 1-1 was crucial.

Great goal by Johnson, he without doubt won us the game in the end, but he was extreamly poor defensively for me. But in the final 3rd the lad has got that in his locker, as he showed in the first 15 minutes or so of the game and has shown on other occasions.

Great win... can't wait for the citeh game now!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,625 posts | 7145 
      Reply #677: Nov 20, 2011 09:12:46 pm
      regardless of who played well GOALS win games I am a big fan of Johnson he is another who strangely get undeserved flak.He is a right fullback but he scored his goal in the 6yard box on the left handside with his left foot so that will do for me.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #678: Nov 20, 2011 09:24:35 pm
      What a win! Adam was outstanding. Suaraz had a bit of a difficult afternoon I think.

After the goal we had a hard time. At some moments we were run over, but got out it well and got our deserved winner! Damn this feels good
      pugs86
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #679: Nov 20, 2011 09:40:37 pm
      Great 3pts away to Chelsea, credit to Johnson for his finish and what a finish at a vital moment, though I feel his defensive ability is questionable at times (in my opinion, i should stress). Charlie generally did a good job and won a few tackles, some good passing. Defensively sound on the whole, good to see we came through the dip in the 2nd half to get the goal. Still feel (again, in my opinion) that Dirk is just not good enough, don't feel he really offers anything other than the tired justification by the fact that "he runs a lot."

The main thing for me was how all players got stuck in most put in a good shift for us today. Hopefully push on from this and do the same against City.

Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #680: Nov 20, 2011 09:43:34 pm
      I think people need to lay off Suarez a little today.

He had hardly any support and was given short passes in front of their defense with his back to goal all the time.

Of course he did squander a couple of good moments, but he was always a menace and his work rate just baffles me. He's just always there constantly chasing the defenders, incredible player.

Everytime he was in a good position on the wing or centrally, he always had bright ideas and tried to make things  happen, winning free kicks and attempting through balls.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #681: Nov 20, 2011 09:44:31 pm
      J_Walser // Torres £50mil 30 apps 5 goals .   //    Carroll £35mil 21 apps 5 goals. //  V.Persie £2.75mil 247apps 110 goals.  #AFC #lfc #cfc #EPL 30 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite
      Torres a w***er for laughing with the opposition at the end.

A tweet from a Chav on their forums.

Tell you what.

Im a conspiracy theorist.

Torres went in Jan to raise us some cash. Got a cut from it.
      Will be sold by the Chavs next summer as a non performer.
      We have a Buy-Back clause. 20%.    10 mill.

Its OK.  The magic mushrooms grow well  here.
       ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #682: Nov 20, 2011 10:04:10 pm
      Still feel (again, in my opinion) that Dirk is just not good enough, don't feel he really offers anything other than the tired justification by the fact that "he runs a lot."

Apart from winning tackles, high energy levels, would run through brick walls for the team and gets important goals.

MsGerrard
      Reply #683: Nov 20, 2011 10:06:44 pm
      On match of the day 2 now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #684: Nov 20, 2011 10:07:14 pm
      Apart from winning tackles, high energy levels, would run through brick walls for the team and gets important goals.

Been a great servant for us - but I'm sure even you would acknowledge that he has not looked at the same level in recent months than he used to.

We hold on to 'great servants' at our peril.

Look at Chelsea with Frank and JT who they quite clearly should have jettisoned earlier than they will now be able to.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #685: Nov 20, 2011 10:07:15 pm
      Ha ha I come on here to post about how good a result today was and low and behold I see people having a pop at each other over Johnno.

Seriously we have a player who lost his 4 year old child yesterday, a player who is being charged unfairly with making racist remarks, we go beat the rentboys in there backyard without Stevie or Carra in the team and yet we argue over the player who scores the winning goal? Have a long hard look at yourselves boys

Great win. Bossed all but 20 minutes of the game. Played some very good stuff at times. Big well done to Martin Skrtel, not a fan, but fook me he done the business today.

Oh and Pepe what a fooking save lad
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #686: Nov 20, 2011 10:10:32 pm
      Ha ha.  Did you hear Maxi and Suarez run towards the corner flag screaming 'Goooooooooooooolllllllll'!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #687: Nov 20, 2011 10:12:06 pm
      Been a great servant for us - but I'm sure even you would acknowledge that he has not looked at the same level in recent months than he used to.

We hold on to 'great servants' at our peril.

Look at Chelsea with Frank and JT who they quite clearly should have jettisoned earlier than they will now be able to.

Replace him first, then sell him!

I'd still play him though, you need your grafters and he is a grafter.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #688: Nov 20, 2011 10:14:03 pm
      Ha ha I come on here to post about how good a result today was and low and behold I see people having a pop at each other over Johnno.

Seriously we have a player who lost his 4 year old child yesterday, a player who is being charged unfairly with making racist remarks, we go beat the rentboys in there backyard without Stevie or Carra in the team and yet we argue over the player who scores the winning goal? Have a long hard look at yourselves boys

Great win. Bossed all but 20 minutes of the game. Played some very good stuff at times. Big well done to Martin Skrtel, not a fan, but fook me he done the business today.

Oh and Pepe what a fooking save lad

Well said Bri. ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #689: Nov 20, 2011 10:16:15 pm
      Still think ..

Luis Garcia
      He drinks Sangria
      He came from Barca, to bring us joy
      He's 5 foot seven, he's football's heaven
      So please don't take, our Luis away

was just class.

Quick Reply