Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Read 6463 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
      Dec 02, 2011 02:39:42 pm
      Reds favourites to land Palace wonderkid
      2nd Dec 2011 - Transfer Gossip  Sportsvibe.co.uk

Liverpool are ready to up their interest in Crystal Palace youngster Wilfried Zaha after watching the striker put in a fantastic display against Manchester United.

The Reds have been linked with a move for the youngster for a number of months and in recent weeks have seen a host of clubs also register their interest.

The 19-year-old was in superb form in the recent victory over Manchester United in the Carling Cup quarter-final where Liverpool reportedly had a number of scouts watching the forward in action at Old Trafford.

The Daily Mail believes that manager Kenny Dalglish is hoping to tempt Palace to part with striker in January and is ready to bid £5million, which could rise to £8m.

Zaha has been capped twice by the England U19 side and this season has been a regular starter for Palace both in the league and in cup competitions.

The striker has scored six goals so far this season and provided five assists as his impressive performances have alerted a host of Premier League clubs.

Liverpool are hoping to continue their policy of signing the best young players after securing deals for Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Sebatian Coates.

Source: Sportsvibe.co.uk

Was just talking about this kid the other day whilst watching the Palace vs Manure game.  He looked quite a talent, although it is the only time I have ever seen him play.  Regardless, he undoubtedly has the ability to become a top player.  I am sure if we sign him he will only benefit from working with the King, Clarke, Suarez, Gerrard, etc every day in training.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011 02:51:25 pm by paulrobbo »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2011 03:18:13 pm
      He's a real rouugh diamond, his end product is not great, but the natural talent when dribbling the ball is there for all to see.

He's a risk IMO.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #2: Dec 02, 2011 06:03:25 pm
      Caused Utd all sorts of problems...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3: Dec 02, 2011 06:58:17 pm
       He's a top kid, the World and his brother are checking him out and have been for a while. He won Palaces young player of the year last season which takes some doing given their youth set-up, and in all seriousness I would be absolutely amazed if we got him for 5 million quid.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Dec 02, 2011 07:09:05 pm
      He's a real rouugh diamond, his end product is not great, but the natural talent when dribbling the ball is there for all to see.

He's a risk IMO.
      If we pick him up for 5 million he would be worth taking a risk on at that price.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #5: Dec 02, 2011 09:16:55 pm
      We kinda need a striker..so if we get this lad for less than 5million i will be kinda happy.(sorry for using 'kinda' alot) ;D kinda
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Dec 02, 2011 09:46:01 pm
      I think £5M represents good value, though I'd rather we sign Hoilett from Blackburn, similar player, his contract is running out in the summer and would therefore cost a similar amount of money, and IMO a more polished player, who has experience in this division.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #7: Dec 17, 2011 11:08:50 pm

Toon bid for Liverpool and City target Zaha

Published 11:05 17/12/11

Newcastle are trying to steal a march on Liverpool and Manchester City by preparing a £10m bid for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha, according to reports.

The Ivory Coast-born striker is believed to have signed a deal Selhurst Park deal only yesterday - but that will not put off his suitors, who also include West Ham.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Newcastle-bid-for-Wilfried-Zaha-to-pip-Liverpool-and-Manchester-City-report-article843734.html
      Kieranlfc88
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 19, 2011 12:33:33 pm
      Lad just signed 5 year extension with Palace according to SS
      Hope we keep an eye on him though - was immense against Utd
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2011 07:04:49 pm
      Sly Sports showing Crystal Palace vs Birmingham today at 19 30, Hope he starts, would like to see if he's any good!
      harrydunn08
      • Started Topic

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #10: Jan 12, 2012 02:54:31 pm
      More reports saying that we are interested in this kid, and I welcome them.  He is very raw, but very talented!  If we do not make any signings that immediately strengthen the 1st team, then I'd like to see a few signings that will make us better in 2-3 years, and Zaha is one of them. 

For example, if we signed Zaha, Teixera, Ola John (we could likely land all 3 for less than 20M total) I guarantee at least one of them would turn out to be an absolute badass for us in the next 2-3 years!!  Also, all of them should retain relatively high value in the transfer market as they are all so young. 
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 12, 2012 07:07:09 pm
      might potentially see him in the CC final assuming nobody picks him up in the winter......would be funny if we did and have him start against them in the CC final
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #12: Jan 12, 2012 08:48:52 pm
      He would be cup-tied
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #13: Jan 12, 2012 11:28:57 pm
      Kenny Dalglish has made his opening move for Wilfried Zaha after making a personal call to Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman.

Liverpool are in the running to sign the £10million-rated forward having kept tabs on the England Under-19 international for 18 months.
      Wanted man: Wilfried Zaha is on the radar of several Premier League clubs

Wanted man: Wilfried Zaha is on the radar of several Premier League clubs

And Sportsmail can reveal that Dalglish has contacted Freedman with regards to the Anfield club’s interest in Zaha.

During the phone call, Dalglish asked the Eagles manager more about the 19-year-old’s character than his footballing ability.

Dalglish’s contact is a precursor to Liverpool’s attempts to lure Zaha to Merseyside this month.

Sportsmail can also reveal that Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has also spoken to Freedman about Zaha and that Manchester City’s Roberto Mancini is a big admirer of the player.

But Ferguson feels an immediate move to the top-flight for Zaha would be too premature.

Palace fully expect Liverpool to initiate official contact with them in the coming days as they look to win the race for the teenage sensation.

Sportsmail revealed yesterday how Newcastle were set to open talks with the Selhurst Park club over their interest in Zaha.

Freedman has been assured by co-owner Steve Parish that Zaha will not leave south London until at least after the Carling Cup semi-final second leg against Cardiff on January 24.

And booking their first trip to Wembley since 1997 could help Freedman hold on to Zaha until at least the summer.

But failure to reach the final could see Palace cash-in on the teenager - who only recently signed a five-and-a-half year contract - ahead of the transfer deadline.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2085924/Liverpool-boss-Kenny-Dalglish-makes-Wilfred-Zaha-approach.html#ixzz1jI0JEy7G
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #14: Jan 13, 2012 11:33:48 am
      But failure to reach the final could see Palace cash-in on the teenager - who only recently signed a five-and-a-half year contract - ahead of the transfer deadline.

I know it's off-topic, and I understand clubs signing players onto long contracts to ensure cashing in should a player want to leave.

But what the F**k are contracts worth nowadays? Signs a five and a half year deal and may leave just a couple of months in.

It just sounds absurd.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #15: Jan 13, 2012 11:49:29 am
      I know it's off-topic, and I understand clubs signing players onto long contracts to ensure cashing in should a player want to leave.

But what the f**k are contracts worth nowadays? Signs a five and a half year deal and may leave just a couple of months in.

It just sounds absurd.

I think most clubs use a long contract to ensure they get a good transfer fee Ayrton.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: Jan 13, 2012 12:08:13 pm
      I think most clubs use a long contract to ensure they get a good transfer fee Ayrton.

I know, I said as much in my post, I just think it sounds ridiculous when you read in the article about a player moving after just signing a nearly 6 year deal.

More a random rant about how the game is fu**ed up by money than anything else. ;)
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 13, 2012 12:09:19 pm
      Havent seen anything of this kid ! Would he be in our starting 11 ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #18: Jan 13, 2012 12:16:59 pm
      I know, I said as much in my post, I just think it sounds ridiculous when you read in the article about a player moving after just signing a nearly 6 year deal.

More a random rant about how the game is fu**ed up by money than anything else. ;)

I agree mate as it does sound ridiculous and is money orientated and sadly is the way the game has gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if young players at lower clubs are asked to sign these long contracts just to ensure the club can get a fee for them with no intention of the player ever fulfilling it. Zaha has probably been asked to sign the contract and given a promise he will get a move to a big club without Palace standing in his way.

Small clubs stay in business with a decent fee, while the big club gets the player.

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #19: Jan 13, 2012 01:28:14 pm
      Exactly what I was thinking recently Ayrton, a 'written contract' means nothing in the world of football anymore. Everywhere else it is a legal obligation, but for transfers it literally means nothing other than the player will cost more. Ridiculous.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 13, 2012 01:32:35 pm
      We'll only sign him if they get knocked out of that competition, because he'll want to play in a cup final no doubt.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #21: Jan 13, 2012 06:41:01 pm
      We'll only sign him if they get knocked out of that competition, because he'll want to play in a cup final no doubt.

He can come to us and still play in a cup final or even better, two.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 13, 2012 06:46:30 pm
      He can come to us and still play in a cup final or even better, two.

not really, he would be cup-tied.

Quick Reply