Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will the result be?

Back to winning ways
      96 (87.3%)
      Draw
      10 (9.1%)
      Two losses in a row
      4 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Dec 11, 2011 11:13:17 am

Pre Match Thread: Liverpool v Queens Park Rangers, December 10th, 15:00

Read 11979 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Pre Match Thread: Liverpool v Queens Park Rangers, December 10th, 15:00
      Reply #23: Dec 07, 2011 01:30:21 pm
      Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique; Agger; Adam, Henderson; Maxi, Bellamy, Suarez
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #24: Dec 07, 2011 01:39:05 pm
      Just hope Warnock gets twated.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,462 posts | 2854 
      Reply #25: Dec 07, 2011 02:35:52 pm
      Reina; Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique; Agger, Shelvey, Adam; Maxi, Bellamy, Suarez.

Should be enough there.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,925 posts | 967 
      Reply #26: Dec 07, 2011 02:45:01 pm
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Adam
      Henderson   Shelvey
      Bellamy                         Maxi
      Suarez

Destroy their confidence early on and the lack of a defensive protection from the midfield will be canceled out. No point bringing back Shelvey just to sit on a bench, he's in form lets utilize him and take a shot.

This is the lineup for me, although I'd have Hendo sit deeper next to Adam and allow Shelvey to play closer to Suarez.  Shelvey has a knack for finding the net as he has banged in 8 goals for Blackpool and our ressie squad so far this season, and he can also pick out a killer pass. 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,317 posts | 770 
      Reply #27: Dec 07, 2011 03:07:02 pm
      Must win game after 4 consecutive home draws ( correct me if I am wrong). Maxi has a knack of scoring, our luck must change. Maybe goals for Suarez and Bellamy as well. Here's hoping for  a 3 1 win for the Reds.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #28: Dec 07, 2011 03:09:34 pm
      Three quarters of the team would make better defensive midfielders than them two.

I'd be very tempted to stick Agger there and play Carragher and Skrtel at centre-back.  In his day Carragher probably would have been the best choice - but sadly it isn't his day any longer.

Going to be interesting.  Let's hope we respond to adversity in our typical way and grab all three points.

I like the idea of Agger playing there. He has a good range of passing and for me anyway reads the game well. Aurelio would be another option if he's not out with a bad haircut again.

We really need a good performance and a convincing win to get us back somewhere near on track. I think we will get it....going for 3-0 but honestly worrying about who's going to knock them in. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Dec 07, 2011 03:46:28 pm
      I was thinking the same Kevinho, but i'm not sure if he is fit enough, does anyone know ?, i'm not so sure about the idea of putting Agger in there, i dont think he is suited for that type of role, if Aurelio is available then he has tobe the natural choice, but if not, why not try young Kelly in front of the back 4....

Reina
         Johnson   Skrtle  Agger  Enrique
                             Kelly
                   Hendo         Adam
           Bellamy                       Maxi
                            Suarez

Bench; Doni, Carra, Shelvey, Kuyt,Carroll, Downing, Coates

Cant see why this coudn't work temporarily, we retain a solid back four, a good midfield and a attacking front line, thoughts anyone on Kelly in the Lucas role?

harrydunn08

• 5,925 posts | 967 
      Reply #30: Dec 07, 2011 03:50:44 pm
      I was thinking the same Kevinho, but i'm not sure if he is fit enough, does anyone know ?, i'm not so sure about the idea of putting Agger in there, i dont think he is suited for that type of role, if Aurelio is available then he has tobe the natural choice, but if not, why not try young Kelly in front of the back 4....

Reina
         Johnson   Skrtle  Agger  Enrique
                             Kelly
                   Hendo         Adam
           Bellamy                       Maxi
                            Suarez

Bench; Doni, Carra, Shelvey, Kuyt,Carroll, Downing, Coates

Cant see why this coudn't work temporarily, we retain a solid back four, a good midfield and a attacking front line, thoughts anyone on Kelly in the Lucas role?

I think that Kelly would be much better suited to this role than Agger or Carra because he is much more mobile than either of them, but I don't know if he has got the positional discipline to play this role effectively.  I guess there is only 1 way to find out though....
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      Reply #31: Dec 07, 2011 03:58:12 pm
      Got to be worth a try Harry,we never know could turn out to be a godsend, i agree he would more mobile than Agger and his tackling would be ideal, as for his passing well, we will just have to see, the more i think about it, the more i like it, hope it happens now just to see what happens.

IKWT    YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,649 posts | 7150 
      Reply #32: Dec 07, 2011 04:07:39 pm
      why do we need a holding midfielder at Anfield against QPR if anyhting I would like to see 3-4-3 at home against such teams we need to be positve at home but word is out that we dont press as much as we used to at Anfield that needs to change
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2011 04:09:02 pm
      I'd be very tempted to stick Agger there and play Carragher and Skrtel at centre-back.  In his day Carragher probably would have been the best choice - but sadly it isn't his day any longer.

Not a bad idea and we could see in Agger's body language he's desperate to dribble the ball into goal, given a chance. Desperate times requires desperate measures and who knows Agger may excel in his new position. he can defend and attack ala gerrard. Kelly right back is a must, with Bellers in front of him, QPR's defence will be stretched. Maxi must start, he's always at the right place at the right time as we don't have one at the moment.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2011 04:18:27 pm
      why do we need a holding midfielder at Anfield against QPR if anyhting I would like to see 3-4-3 at home against such teams we need to be positve at home but word is out that we dont press as much as we used to at Anfield that needs to change

Alright Walton thats fair enough,if Kenny were to go with a 3-4-3, Have Shelvey in between Hendo and Adam that would suit me to,whatever the team we need to get back on winning ways, and with a convincing win also.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35: Dec 07, 2011 05:18:30 pm
      Going a different route as our midfield is thin and our defense is strong, thinking Kenny might want to rock the boat a bit.  Glen and Enrique do just fine getting forward, so let them loose and let them roam. Attack - Attack

Reina

Kelly        Sktrel      Agger

Johnson                                                Enrique

Henderson            Adam

Bellers                                    Maxi

Suarez/Carroll

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Dec 07, 2011 05:42:50 pm
      The more I think about it, 3-5-2 is a good formation for this game, and they're a good team to try it against. Their forwards are strong in the air, and with 3 centerbacks on the field, we can negate that (ala Stoke last season). It could also strengthen our resolve in the middle.

I trust Kenny has vetted it a tad.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #37: Dec 07, 2011 06:01:23 pm
      I have a feeling this game may not go ahead, there's a fair amount of snow hovering around Liverpool lately and more expected in the next couple of days. Pitch will be ok, but half a night of snow postponed the Fulham game 12 months ago, for H&S reasons. A similiar amount on Friday could do the same.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #38: Dec 07, 2011 07:38:28 pm
      Just freaking get the three points with a convincing performance.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #39: Dec 07, 2011 10:12:24 pm
      I have a feeling this game may not go ahead, there's a fair amount of snow hovering around Liverpool lately and more expected in the next couple of days. Pitch will be ok, but half a night of snow postponed the Fulham game 12 months ago, for H&S reasons. A similiar amount on Friday could do the same.
      Do hope yer wrong there mate.Driving up from the South West for this one.Had tickets for that Fulham game that was off. :roll:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Dec 07, 2011 10:20:47 pm
      Shelvey in with Hendo and Adam for me. We have to leave Skrtel and Agger at the back. They allow us play ball. Little or no hoofing on Monday.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #41: Dec 08, 2011 12:02:35 am
      First time in a while Ive been worried at playing a promoted side at Anfield. eh.. we'll do it tho!  It's time someone get's thrashed!!!!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #42: Dec 08, 2011 02:18:22 am
      this will be all or nothing... might be a good game of football...

reina, johnson, skrtel, agger, enrique, adam, henderson, shelvey, maxi, kuyt, suarez..
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Dec 08, 2011 12:40:16 pm
                                   Reina
                     Glen Skrtel Agger Enrique
                                  Adam
                      Henderson Shelvey
            Kuyt             Suarez            Maxi
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #44: Dec 08, 2011 12:53:52 pm

Its not snowing in Liverpool at the moment though is it? I'm setting off from Wexford in Ireland at about 5.30 in the morning to get over to Liverpool and see the game on Saturday....would be gutted if it was called off...as well as broke!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Dec 08, 2011 01:20:56 pm
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Hendo  Aurelio
                      Maxi
      Kuyt        Suarez       Bellamy

I'd love to see this team on Saturday. Want to see Henderson start centrally with more discipline and play deeper, I think he is capable of doing this to good effect. Aurelio to add some defensive solidity and defensive positional awareness in midfield.

I would play Maxi ahead of Adam in the attacking role all day long. I still believe Maxi to be the better player both in attack and defensive. Maxi in the middle would be so muuch involved than out wide and I feel this will add something more superior than what we would see if Adam or Henderson plays there..

Quick Reply