Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)

Read 6120 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Dec 19, 2011 07:32:28 pm
      Just sh*t stirring as he is out of form. Absolute class player, though. I think he would hold up to the "physical" demands of the premiership, as he holds off defenders very well.

Probably zero chance, though. But it would be great :)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #24: Dec 19, 2011 07:39:22 pm
      I remember when Rafa had agreed a fee for Ozil before that world cup where he showed everyone what he could do and his price tag shot up.

Hadn't he agreed a very modest fee with Bremen, but the previous owners weren't up for funding it?

Anyway, as much as I doubt this will happen, it does give me butterflies thinking about the possibility!
      Bier
      Reply #25: Dec 19, 2011 07:40:56 pm
      I believe that the point Mac is trying to make is that Madrid have a history of selling off very talented players because they get starry eyed by new starlets that they can bring in.  Mesut is a great player, but Madrid seem to be very interested in both Neymar and Hazard at the moment and they may be looking to make space in their roster for the addition of these two in the summer.  Mesut, Callejon, and Kaka are a few players who may be sacrificed in order to make room for the new wave of players signed by the club next summer....
      Yeah, but back in that situation Perez did whatever he wanted and the manager didn't have any say. Mourinho has a big say now, and he wouldn't just write him off. Contrary to Perez I think Mourinho actually knows what he's doing. He's just trying to motivate Ozil and get him back on track. The kid's just having some personal issues. I'd sooner expect Kaka, Granero, Altintop and Callejon to be out the door. Either way, at most he'll be sold this summer, not this winter. But apparently we're also speculating already on who we might buy this summer.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 07:59:34 pm by Bier »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #26: Dec 19, 2011 08:11:05 pm
      Yeah, but back in that situation Perez did whatever he wanted and the manager didn't have any say. Mourinho has a big say now, and he wouldn't just write him off. Contrary to Perez I think Mourinho actually knows what he's doing. He's just trying to motivate Ozil and get him back on track. The kid's just having some personal issues. I'd sooner expect Kaka, Granero, Altintop and Callejon to be out the door. Either way, at most he'll be sold this summer, not this winter. But apparently we're also speculating already on who we might buy this summer.

I completely agree with all of this.  I just wouldn't be surprised if Madrid do decide to move for Hazard, Neymar, Hulk, Lucas Moura, etc this summer and allow some of their current crop including Mesut to move on.  They have a recent history of making ridiculous transfer decisions, so I can't put anything past them.....
      Bier
      Reply #27: Dec 19, 2011 08:18:57 pm
      But those decisions were often made out of desperation. Real is likely going to win La Liga this season. They need to keep building on what they have, or they can start over. Mourinho knows that.

But if his personal issues do continue to keep him from performing, then that's actually worrying for his future aswell.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #28: Dec 19, 2011 08:39:40 pm
      He will not move in Janurary though we might have interest in the Summer.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 20, 2011 12:52:05 am
      not even in a dream
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #30: Dec 20, 2011 02:29:20 am

Perez has sacked much bigger managers than Maureen. If Perez wants Hazard and Neymar, Ozil will be gone in the summer.
      Bier
      Reply #31: Dec 20, 2011 03:08:55 am
      But he doesn't want to sack Mourinho. And it's pretty obvious Mourinho has been given alot of control compared to some managers before him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: Dec 20, 2011 08:48:54 am
      But he doesn't want to sack Mourinho. And it's pretty obvious Mourinho has been given alot of control compared to some managers before him.

If Maureen doesn't win the Champions League or La Liga title this season, he will be sacked. It has always been, and always will be that way under Perez.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #33: Dec 20, 2011 10:02:49 am
      If Maureen doesn't win the Champions League or La Liga title this season, he will be sacked. It has always been, and always will be that way under Perez.

True and didn't Madrid fire Del Bosque after winning the league?

Ozil is a fantastic player and one I would love here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: Dec 20, 2011 10:07:07 am
      The finest player at "giving it the eyes" I've ever seen, think he'd be a great addition in all seriousness.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #35: Dec 20, 2011 05:44:35 pm
      True and didn't Madrid fire Del Bosque after winning the league?

Ozil is a fantastic player and one I would love here.

And Fabio Capello, because their football was too "boring"
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #36: Dec 24, 2011 11:01:25 am
      Ozil won't come here. That's that.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #37: Dec 24, 2011 03:14:38 pm
      I would jizz my pants multiple times if he came here. Severely doubt he will though.

Quick Reply