Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 63352 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #161: Dec 15, 2011 08:33:54 am
      Good way to say it if you voted no.

Bring him back IMO the amount of goals he will bang in will be incredible him and Suarez. It sounds like dreams but just think about the amount of chances we have created this year and if Torres was there would of slotted home.
      I have just checked my little notebook and up to the time he went to Chelsea Torres only scored 8 goals in the league for us last season,so if you add on what he scored for Chelsea  it does not make a big total he slotted home in the whole of last season.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #162: Dec 15, 2011 09:02:51 am
      Gerrard made torres the player he was for us and if gerrard gets fit hel do the same with suarez and andy. Our stevie is very underrated at times. F**k torres
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #163: Dec 15, 2011 09:04:31 am
      Most people where up in arms, when Torres walked out. I watched on Granada a van collecting people's Torres shirts.   Thrown away in obvious disgust. Members who vote to have him back seem to have short memories to my mind. I personally would not have him back for even £10m.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #164: Dec 15, 2011 09:10:13 am
      No doubts for me at all that at that price Torres would be well worth taking the risk for. I want Liverpool back winning titles a.s.a.p. and I think signing Torres would be a large step closer to that goal.

Needless to say I voted yes.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #165: Dec 15, 2011 09:49:39 am
      I voted no as if I had voted yes i would be going against what I said I despised the man for.It would be interesting to see a list of the posters who had voted how their votes compare to what they had posted in the their posts in this thread.It seems to me that in the Torres posts more posters were against resigning him yet in the current votes 21 would have him back and 15 would not.

You shouldn't be surprised with the results of the vote. The majority of LFC fans want Torres back, but they are afraid to admit it openly at the internet boards because of the loud minority who are pretending to be the keepers of the tradition. In a league where the top team at the table has spent £450 million (net) over 5 years on new players, there is very little room for principles from the 70's and 80's. If you want to be successful, of course.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #166: Dec 15, 2011 09:54:46 am
      I voted no, because Fernando is now playing for a "Big Club" - his words.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #167: Dec 15, 2011 09:59:06 am
      I have just checked my little notebook and up to the time he went to Chelsea Torres only scored 8 goals in the league for us last season,so if you add on what he scored for Chelsea  it does not make a big total he slotted home in the whole of last season.
      Did i say last season i said this season i was talking about him linking up with Suarez. The reason he scored  8 goals before he went to Chelsea is he had piss all supply. The chances suarez makes and no one finishes is where Torres comes handy mate.
      Good way to say it if you voted no.

Bring him back IMO the amount of goals he will bang in will be incredible him and Suarez. It sounds like dreams but just think about the amount of chances we have created this year and if Torres was there would of slotted home.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #168: Dec 15, 2011 10:00:07 am
      In a league where the top team at the table has spent £450 million (net) over 5 years on new players, there is very little room for principles from the 70's and 80's. If you want to be successful, of course.

Its not about keeping up with traditions, were struggling to convert chances which is costing us points and I wouldn't gamble £20m on a striker who is struggling for confidence in front of goal to try and fix that problem, if we wanted to do that we have a £35m striker already on our books in a similar situation.

If we were going for a striker in the January window I'd rather go for one who is on form, brimming with confidence and ready to hit the ground running other than spunk £20m on one who's confidence looks shot to sh*t.

Then there is the situation with his former team mates too which could cause problems with the harmony in the squad, Carragher, Gerrard, Aggers, Skrtel etc etc are only human, some will not too be bothered if Torres returns, some won't want him back, just like us fans.

But it won't be happening in January anyway, so were best of just locking the thread as its a pointless discussion anyway.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #169: Dec 15, 2011 10:03:31 am
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      You shouldn't be surprised with the results of the vote. The majority of LFC fans want Torres back, but they are afraid to admit it openly at the internet boards because of the loud minority who are pretending to be the keepers of the tradition. In a league where the top team at the table has spent £450 million (net) over 5 years on new players, there is very little room for principles from the 70's and 80's. If you want to be successful, of course.

I'm happy to say i want him back most people want him back because they loved him. I want him back partly because of that but mainly because he can bring so much to the team. He is a good age for Carroll's development 27/28 and what i said just above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #170: Dec 15, 2011 10:09:10 am
      He didn't want to play for us in the first 6 months of last season, how do we know if he wants to now if we bring him back?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #171: Dec 15, 2011 10:24:31 am
      Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has insisted striker Fernando Torres is not for sale "at any price".

Villas-Boas was responding to the suggestion Torres will sold during the January transfer window following a frustrating year at Stamford Bridge.

BBC.co.uk
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2011 11:14:25 am by kb2x »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #172: Dec 15, 2011 10:44:06 am
      The thread has always been about Torres and not about if we resign him in January so why lock it?

As kb2x said he left to go to his considered big club so he can F**k right off and despite what decade it is LFC has always had principles and hopefully always will and if you don't agree then chelsea may be more suited to your fandom. Having said that a short conversation with a certain Kenneth Dalglish may sort your delusions out, if you have a problem with his principles then you DO have issues.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #173: Dec 15, 2011 10:50:09 am
      The thread has always been about Torres and not about if we resign him in January so why lock it?

As kb2x said he left to go to his considered big club so he can F**k right off and despite what decade it is LFC has always had principles and hopefully always will and if you don't agree then chelsea may be more suited to your fandom. Having said that a short conversation with a certain Kenneth Dalglish may sort your delusions out, if you have a problem with his principles then you DO have issues.

Cause we now have two FT threads, this being the transfer one.
      :D
      Kieranlfc88
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #174: Dec 15, 2011 11:07:26 am
      Slightly disagree with the sentiment that Suarez would create FT loads of chances - he can be a greedy pr**k at times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #175: Dec 15, 2011 11:32:44 am
      Chelsea will not sell in January. I'd guess Torres is going to be a key player for them after January, during the African Cup of nations. Drogba and Kalou will be off, and Anelka is leaving.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #176: Dec 15, 2011 11:56:24 am
      Well from previous experience, the only reason this topic is still open will not be out of forum interest. Someone knows something in the LFC REDS Boot Room.

Otherwise, this would of been locked on first sight. Liverpool have not been mentioned directly in the media. So this thread would scease to have momentum in discussion.

Can't kid a kidder! ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #177: Dec 15, 2011 12:58:55 pm
      Cause we now have two FT threads, this being the transfer one.

Now that's what happens when you don't pay a attention.

LOCK IT!

;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #178: Dec 15, 2011 01:22:07 pm
      Just a small observation on the poll.

Forced into a yes or no answer when ideally I'd have gone for

C - Couldn't care less one way or the other.
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2011 01:32:53 pm by racerx34 »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #179: Dec 15, 2011 01:27:59 pm
      C - Couldn't care less one was or the other.

That would be me too, so I voted NO because I'm not arsed either way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #180: Dec 15, 2011 01:34:10 pm

That would be me too, so I voted NO because I'm not arsed either way.

I said yes, but then immediately wished I'd said no.
      Yes
      No
      Yes
      No
      Ah F**k him, I don't care.

little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #181: Dec 15, 2011 01:49:05 pm
      So far it's RLB's vote separating it then! :D
      You can never say never in football.

It was said at the time that selling Torres was for the better of the team, we became more rounded and not just reliant on the 1 player, Torres, for goals. If we were to sign Torres and he scored the amount of goals that he is capable of doing, and the team does better how is it a bad thing?

I can't see how people don't care how it ends up as at it is still a player being linked with our club. History with the player or not, he is still being linked with Liverpool so you should care.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #182: Dec 15, 2011 01:58:16 pm

I don't care because I don't have any resentment towards him, initially I was angered by his move, but Suarez and King Kenny somewhat softened that, but when I say I don't have any resentment to him, I no longer have any love for him, so if he signs for us, he'd just be a football player I'd never let myself carried away by it as once bitten, twice shy and all that, and if he didn't sign I wouldn't be bothered because he's a Chelsea Player that I have no love for. ;D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #183: Dec 15, 2011 02:09:09 pm
      He's like an ex girlfriend to you RLB. But your struggling to admit you still have feelings for her.

Because no matter how you feel about him now, if he rejoined you would not just see him as another player.

Quick Reply