Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Christmas and Christmas Dinner. At Home Or Away?

Read 7096 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: Christmas and Christmas Dinner. At Home Or Away?
      Reply #23: Dec 24, 2010 12:14:21 pm
      My wife & I are hosting Christmas for the first time this year. It has always been that we do one set of parents on the Eve & the other on the day. Well, I'm done with that. Tonight is ours alone and we're not going anywhere. After all, it's for the kids and I want my son to be able to stay home with his new stuff.

Tomorrow it will be us & the boy, my parents, her parents, her brother & his wife.

Lots to do today in preparation with cooking, cleaning, rearranging, last minute wrapping, minor home stuff...

That being said, I'm off now to get cracking in the kitchen...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Dec 24, 2010 01:36:27 pm
      Have a lovely time Eric with your families. Christmas can be a very stressful time as you try to get everything ready and prepared for the big day.

I've already prepared all my veg and potatoes, turkey is ready and stuffed, set the table and done all my cleaning.

I like to sit round the tree and watch everyone open their presents on Christmas morning  :) so I don't want to have a lot to do on the day.

I hope you and everyone else has a lovely Christmas dinner with all the trimmings.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #25: Dec 24, 2010 01:48:04 pm
      Have a good time Eric all the ingredients there for a perfect family Christmas.
      And yourself of course Cas best wishes.
      Have a few visitors today chill tonight not sure who's coming for Christmas dinner yet but there will be two or three guests.
      Going to a party on boxing night but can't get too bladdered cos we fly to Dubai on the morning after to see my daughter, with all the muslims not celebrating it over there she's saving all the Crimbo gear till we get there so we have another one - prezzies,drinks,big dinner,drinks,party,drinks only going for a week that's all we can handle.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2010 01:54:31 pm by stuey »
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Dec 24, 2010 02:00:14 pm
      Merry X'mas everyone, have a good time & travel safely.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #27: Dec 24, 2010 02:04:09 pm
      Home for me.

Loads of people coming over and it's the first time we will all be together since my parents' horrible car accident last Christmas so I'm really looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a very happy Christmas!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #28: Dec 24, 2010 02:13:34 pm
      Sounds like everyone is going to have a fantastic time !!

Nice one BR, bet you look lovely in your apron  :laugh:

Stuey, you'll have a boss time in Dubai with your daughter, have a safe flight  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

And chats made up your all together for Christmas  :D

Cas, you sound so like me !!  If there's anything going on, I always like to be prepared early !!  Just spoke to me mum on the phone and she's in the middle of stuffing the turkey as well  :D   Mmmmm......love turkey, cant wait for my dinner tomorrow  :laugh:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #29: Dec 24, 2010 02:45:16 pm
      Thanks Vicky have good one yourself kidda.
      Chats you've got some catching up to do after the nightmare last year all the best mate.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #30: Dec 24, 2010 04:26:47 pm
      Nice roll of cracklin' to be left overnight and chucked in the deep fat in the mornin' all prepared just waiting for the pork to cook through,the beef is outstanding and will be carved up with the pork about 8:00 bells in the morning.Can't wait!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #31: Dec 24, 2010 04:29:00 pm
      Round to me Mum's for a crackin roast for me tomorrow. Then off to The Lawler's's's's's's's for bevvies in the night. Then round to Laura's on Boxing Day to meet all her family for the first time - joy! :)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #32: Dec 24, 2010 04:43:02 pm
      Nice one Gow, enjoy mate  :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #33: Dec 24, 2010 05:56:05 pm
      Round to me Mum's for a crackin roast for me tomorrow. Then off to The Lawler's's's's's's's for bevvies in the night. Then round to Laura's on Boxing Day to meet all her family for the first time - joy! :)
      Happy days and I'm sure a good time will be had by all, on ya mate enjoy.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #34: Dec 24, 2010 11:20:33 pm

Ya better get a wash and comb your hair then !!   :lmao:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #35: Dec 24, 2010 11:58:45 pm
      Might even comb my teeth.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Dec 25, 2010 03:43:07 pm
      Gonna hide the party sausage rolls from Gow tonight. Don't want him having to get off early like a few years ago. It's beer time!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #37: Dec 25, 2010 05:11:35 pm
      Gonna hide the party sausage rolls from Gow tonight. Don't want him having to get off early like a few years ago. It's beer time!

You better ration him to just 3 Kenny  ;)

Had a lovely Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, followed by Coffee and after 8's

Having a very nice glass of champagne now ....cheers everyone

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #38: Dec 26, 2010 09:51:04 am
      Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas dinner yesterday with lots of drinkypoo's,untill next year gang!.

ps,them mushy peas created havoc! :f_whistle: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #39: Dec 17, 2011 07:23:11 am
       Well it's that time of year again and myself and Sharron are more than greatfull to family,because of the flood we had last month we have no means or use of our kitchen well we can make a cuppa????,everyone has offered us to come round for crimbo dinner but me Mum is the best cook well with the help of my sisters and myself so it's Mums for din-dins and a good laugh and to forget about all the stress of not having to look at a total mess which won't be finished until the New Year.
      So to all MUMS at this time of year Youre the Best and to all friends on the forum have a great christmas and enjoy the day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Dec 17, 2011 08:47:57 am
       Well me and my wife thought we were going to have a quiet christmas on our own for the first ever,then we got an email of the daughter to say she , son in law and grandson would be arriving on Christmas eve.So it looks like I will have to get some extra booze in.I would like to wish all you good people a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS  and whatever you are doing go safe,we can ill afford to lose GOOD REDS,cheers.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #41: Dec 17, 2011 09:06:50 am
      Alone this Xmas, but staying at a 4 star hotel in the Wirral, with a restaurant attached & got a ticket for the Blackburn game.  Seeing the family before I travel though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #42: Dec 17, 2011 09:42:37 am
      Me an Liz were torn this year between in-laws and out-laws in Halewood, Aintree, Fazakerley an Runcorn and Aintree won the day.
      So it's away in a Walton direction on crimbo day for a royal scran and a piss up of immense proportions.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2011 09:56:51 am
      Believe it or not, I am down to work Christmas afternoon 1 until 6 at present, as regards my Christmas dinner, my cousin always cooks me a large Christmas dinner with all the trimmings etc. Usually brings it down and sticks it in the fridge, as I live on my own, but never go without, thanks to having plenty of friends and good family.

Quick Reply