Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Aston Villa Opposition View Q+A's

Read 8298 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Aston Villa Opposition View Q+A's
      Reply #23: Dec 16, 2011 08:10:54 am
      Welcome to the forum mate.

1. How long have you been a Liverpool supporter? Since 1980 (5years old)
      2. Who is your best player? When fit its still Stevie for me
      3. Who you think is Villa’s best player? Agbonlahor can be a massive threat on his day so glad he's banned
      4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? Big historic club who maybe lack ambition with the appointment of Mcleash.
      5. What do you think the score will be? Think we'll edge it 2-1
      6. What do you think your final position will be? Top 4
      7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? Top 8
      8. Who introduced you to Liverpool? My Dad
      9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? Watford home, May 1987, just everything but the Kop especially.
      10.What stadium do you must look forward too and why?Villa Park, we always do OK there  ;)
      11.How many games do you visit a season? Around 15-20
      12. What would you define as a good season? Top 4 and a cup win
      13. How is the future captain candidate once Gerrard and Carragher both retire? Reina, Lucas or Agger for me
      14. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? No
      15.With the January transfer window about to open its doors who would you like to see come/out of Anfield in January? David Villa
      16. Would you welcome Torres back at Liverpool following Chelsea willing to cut their loss with him? No
      17. What are you opinions on Andy Carroll, do you think big mistake by Liverpool to sign him? Think he will become a very good player for us
      18. Stewart Downing is obviously returning to Villa Park since his transfer in the summer, he will not be getting a great reception, what are your opinions of him since joining? Had a decent start but lost form lately, seems a bit half arsed at certain times.
      19. How far do you think Kenny Dalglish can take you, where are liverpool FC going? Kenny has done excellent in the last year or so, he's turned the club around, theres no reason why he cant take us back to the top and to that 19th title
      avilla
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #24: Dec 16, 2011 03:26:05 pm
      a very interesting read and feeling the love from you liverpool fans.

heres a question what allocation did u get for sundays game and have you sold out allocation?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Dec 16, 2011 07:06:00 pm
      a very interesting read and feeling the love from you liverpool fans.

heres a question what allocation did u get for sundays game and have you sold out allocation?

Not sure what our allocation was but    Aston Villa v Liverpool 18th December 2011, 14:05 Barclays Premier League Sold Out    our games are always a sell out.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #26: Dec 17, 2011 05:15:39 pm
      1. How long have you been a Liverpool supporter?
      1989 and I was told Liverpool were dominating the European scene apart from madrid...so it has been a fantastic 22 years!
      2. Who is your best player?
      Players come and go if I was to choose, I would say many names, Grobbelar, Barnes, Torres (before he stabbed us) but to be honest for me Xabi Alonso was the best player to play for us
      3. Who you think is Villa’s best player?
      I liked Carew once but right now if they remain to be consistent, Agbonlahor and Petrov.
      4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?
      One hard team to beat, play a good attacking football and actually have the spark to mount serious pressure, but God know what happen to you this season
      5. What do you think the score will be?
      A hard fought game and I think 1-3 to Liverpool
      6. What do you think your final position will be?
      3rd or 4th either us or Arsenal
      7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be?
      Lucky enough you'll be fighting for 8th or 9th but with McLeish I don't see anything near 11th
      8. Who introduced you to Liverpool?
      Nobody actually. Just came across a position table and saw Liverpool was sitting at the top. Fall in love at that moment!
      9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?
      Never got the chance...hoping so
      10.What stadium do you must look forward too and why?
      If you ask me right now...got to be Stamford Bridge
      11.How many games do you visit a season?
      Nil
      12. What would you define as a good season?
      Winning the title, Manc clubs crumble under pressure, Torres shipped out somewhere in Spain
      13. How is the future captain candidate once Gerrard and Carragher both retire?
      Reina currently showing his capability to be a true leader, but I'm not surprised to see if Agger or Coates given the chance
      14. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?
      Don't put your hopes up too high
      15.With the January transfer window about to open its doors who would you like to see come/out of Anfield in January?
      One natural goal poacher, a right winger and one defensive midfielder
      16. Would you welcome Torres back at Liverpool following Chelsea willing to cut their loss with him?
      Refer Q12
      17. What are you opinions on Andy Carroll, do you think big mistake by Liverpool to sign him?
      The only big mistake was his transfer value. Other than that, give him some space to breathe and grow
      18. Stewart Downing is obviously returning to Villa Park since his transfer in the summer, he will not be getting a great reception, what are your opinions of him since joining?
      Good player but been f**king unlucky
      19. How far do you think Kenny Dalglish can take you, where are liverpool FC going?
      The sky's the limit
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #27: Dec 17, 2011 08:42:52 pm
      1. How long have you been a Liverpool supporter?
      41 yrs
      2. Who is your best player?
      gerrard
      3. Who you think is Villa’s best player?
      agbonlahor
      4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?
      defensive hard to beat
      5. What do you think the score will be?
      1-3
      6. What do you think your final position will be?
      3rd
      7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be?
      10th
      8. Who introduced you to Liverpool?
      dad
      9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?
      1975 qpr
      10.What stadium do you must look forward too and why?
      anfield best place on earth
      11.How many games do you visit a season?

12. What would you define as a good season?
      winning league
      13. How is the future captain candidate once Gerrard and Carragher both retire?
      lucas
      14. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?
      yes
      15.With the January transfer window about to open its doors who would you like to see come/out of Anfield in January?
      no one
      16. Would you welcome Torres back at Liverpool following Chelsea willing to cut their loss with him?
      yes
      17. What are you opinions on Andy Carroll, do you think big mistake by Liverpool to sign him?
      no think he will come good
      18. Stewart Downing is obviously returning to Villa Park since his transfer in the summer, he will not be getting a great reception, what are your opinions of him since joining?
      getting better
      19. How far do you think Kenny Dalglish can take you, where are liverpool FC going?

all the way to title
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Dec 18, 2011 02:32:20 am
      1. How long have you been a Liverpool supporter?  All my life.

2. Who is your best player?  Suarez is our best individual player.

3. Who you think is Villa’s best player? Liked what I saw of Albrighton last season, thought he'd be getting more game time this season.

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?  A top 10 team, well supported. Thought O'Neill was not good for you though, but I don't rate O'Neill.

5. What do you think the score will be?  Our away forms been good and excluding last seasons end of season game, which I watched from the North Stand, in which we were awful, we have a good record at Villa Park. Although personally, I still have nightmares over that Rosenthal miss, a game in which I'd manage to secrete my self in the Holte End and was standing behind the goal, about six rows back.  Just noticed I haven't answered the question, mmm, 2-0 to Liverpool.

6. What do you think your final position will be? Head says 4th, heart still says we'll win the lot.

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 10th, if McLeish goes, 14th if he stays.

8. Who introduced you to Liverpool? A Villa fan, living in Germany, took me along to a friendly fixture Liverpool were playing, supposedly I slept through the first half.

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?  See 8 and what made me return was that I was simply engrossed.

10.What stadium do you must look forward too and why?  Anfield.

11.How many games do you visit a season?  Last three years has been rare, 2-3 games, before that it was usually 20+.

12. What would you define as a good season?  Anything better than last.

13. How is the future captain candidate once Gerrard and Carragher both retire?  Got a lot of candidates, Agger, Reina, Lucas, I'd take any.

14. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? No, a poor choice, though a good scapegoat for Lerner, who rightly had to curb the budget and overspending from the O'Neill era.

Not one to speculate, in fact the sheer amount of speculation bugs the sh*t out of me. If you trusted any of the (ahem) newspapers, every club will have a new 25 man squad come February.

16. Would you welcome Torres back at Liverpool following Chelsea willing to cut their loss with him?  No.

17. What are you opinions on Andy Carroll, do you think big mistake by Liverpool to sign him?  Too early to say yes or no yet, but he does need to improve.

You should be nicer to him, Villa do have a penchance for signing players who have played for /liverpool, so you might get him back.  Patchy would best describe his Anfield career thus far.

Back to the top.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #29: Dec 18, 2011 02:57:48 am
      1. How long have you been a Liverpool supporter? - All 34 years I've been on this planet
      2. Who is your best player? - Suarez or Gerrard
      3. Who you think is Villa’s best player? - Agbonlahor
      4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? - A European Cup winning club ;) seems to be struggling a bit at the moment, need to replace the players they lost last season
      5. What do you think the score will be? 2-1 to the reds
      6. What do you think your final position will be? would like to be higher but either 4th or hate to say it 5th
      7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 8th or 9th
      8. Who introduced you to Liverpool? My dad and extremely grateful to him for it
      9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? Hard trying to remember that far back, it was either Forest in 84 or against your lot last game of 84/85 season, local club and my dad kept getting tickets!
      10.What stadium do you must look forward too and why? Used to love going to Blackburn and Geordieland, mostly for the drinking sesssions, but Anfield on a European night is amazing!
      11.How many games do you visit a season? More than half, share a season ticket with my dad, while my brother has the other
      12. What would you define as a good season? A trophy won and back in Europe again
      13. How is the future captain candidate once Gerrard and Carragher both retire? Sound, we've got the likes of Reina, Agger, Lucas and Kuyt that are all captain material, plus also Martin Kelly, who in my opinion would make a great captain in the future.
      14. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? No, I'd never accept a former Everton manager managing us and I've got a mate who's a Villa and absolutely loathes him.
      15.With the January transfer window about to open its doors who would you like to see come/out of Anfield in January? Can't really see anyone leaving or coming in to be honest.
      16. Would you welcome Torres back at Liverpool following Chelsea willing to cut their loss with him? No
      17. What are you opinions on Andy Carroll, do you think big mistake by Liverpool to sign him? Needs time to find his feet, still a young lad and not yet the finished product
      18. Stewart Downing is obviously returning to Villa Park since his transfer in the summer, he will not be getting a great reception, what are your opinions of him since joining? Find him a bit overrated in my opinion and in no way worth £20 million
      19. How far do you think Kenny Dalglish can take you, where are liverpool FC going? Same place he took us the first time around, glory onwards and upwards.
      avilla
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 18, 2011 07:27:31 am
      thanks guys great stuff matchday is here lets hope for a great game, be back on here after match
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2011 12:40:43 pm

Probably far too embarrassed after Villa's performance on Sunday.
      avilla
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #32: Dec 21, 2011 05:32:43 pm
      im here,willing to answer you questions you may want answering

Hold my hands up the betta team won on the day, seem to have same head as the man utd. just seemed out of it. set pieces let us down again
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Dec 22, 2011 12:19:42 am

Hold my hands up the betta team won on the day, seem to have same head as the man utd. just seemed out of it. set pieces let us down again

If we give you Downing back and loan you Carroll, can we have Bent and Albrighton?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Dec 22, 2011 12:26:17 am

So where did you post the answer to your questions, i'm guessing a villa forum, can you provide a lnk to it if so, i'd like to see the response to our answers.
      avilla
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 11 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 22, 2011 01:03:56 am
      i posted them at http://astonvillatoday.wordpress.com
      look under opposition view and find lfc reds, there was no reponse to yor comments

Quick Reply